A New Life

Started by Melinda, November 21, 2010, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melinda

*Courtney is a new smalltown girl in a big city. Twenty - four years old and already a divorcee. She is a pretty girl, not a raving beauty, but pretty. She has long chestnut hair that she normally wear down in big loose curls. Her eyes are deep blue almond shaped eyes. She has an athletic tanned body which is a testament to her hours spent in the sun.
She walks into the dance club still unsure of her coworker's advice to come here. She wears a simple red dress and red heels. Her mind screams to leave now, walk away but her feet keep moving her deeper inside. The music throbs about her, the conversation and happy laughter barely a buzz in the background. She finds herself approaching the bar and slides into an empty stool at the end with nobody nearby. She orders a cranberry juice and vanilla vodka over the loud music from the bartender.
Once she has taken a sip of the liquid courage she turns her stool to look out at the club. She watches those on the dancefloor writhe in time with the music. Her eyes scan over groups of friends sitting at tables enjoying themselves. She sees people introduce themselves to one another with such ease. She recrosses her legs in an attempt to get comfortable and drinks from her glass once more.
She turns her stool back to the bar and sets her glass down. She takes a cigarette case and lighter from her purse. She puts them away after lighting up the cigarette. She drags a foil ashtray in front of her to ash into. She looks to the door contemplating departure. This is not her scene. The thought of spending another Saturday night in her sweats in front of the television at home is not her scene either. Her eyes move about the entrance once more watching those enter as she smokes.
She smiles slightly and snubs out the cigarette in the foil ashtray. She has been looking at this all wrong. This is not a small town and the chance that she will see any of these people ever again is so high it is negligible. She looks down the bar sipping her drink. Hmmmm, who looks interesting to talk to.*
My Rabbit Hole.
RH Profile

籠女籠の中

(Is this an open RP? If not, I can delete.)

Drew was sitting on a bar stool between two young men who were holding really noisy conversations with the women next to them. He didn't mind though that he wasn't included—after all his so called friend had abandoned him there. He sipped his appletini in silence and swung his slender legs childishly, but carefully enough to not accidentally scuff his white pointed leather shoes. Secretly he felt under-dressed and wondered how the doorman had allowed him to enter in a simple white polo and light washed, distressed, skinny jeans. Josh had said it was fine, wherever he had disappeared to...

He checked his watch again but it had already been thirty minutes and Josh hadn't replied to his text message. Annoyed, Drew finished off his drink and pushed it toward the bartender. He flung his head back in annoyance and took a heavy breath. There wasn't any sense waiting longer. Surely Josh had made off with someone. Giving up, Drew swiveled in his seat and slid off the stool. He scanned the rest of the club to see if there was anyone he possibly knew or if anything was worth staying for. Perturbed, he stuck his hands in his pockets and headed toward the restroom before making his exit. On his way he passed the rest of the bar and noticed a sullen brunette sitting by her lonesome. Feeling socially awkward especially after being ditched, he eyed her without a word and backtracked to an empty stool a few seats away. I wonder what her story is, Drew rested his chin in one of his palms and continued to watch her out of the corner of his eye.

Melinda

((Yes, this is open. I started when I was waiting for approval. Welcome to E and good luck with the approval process.))

As she is looking down the bar her eyes fall on Drew. He looks interesting but that is mainly due to how he is dressed. He looks as if he wears what he wants where he wants. Afterall, it is not the clothes that make the man, right? He looks as if he might be comfortable anywhere he went.
She makes no attempt to hide the fact that she is looking him over. She does notice that he is somewhat watching her which causes her to smile a little more brightly and cant her head to one side just a fraction. He does not seem to be looking for someone to hook up with. He just seems to be there perhaps waiting for someone to join him. There is only one way to find out. She turns her stool until she is facing him directly. She waits to catch his eye with her own before she speaks.
"It is easier to meet people when you say hello. My name is Courtney. Care to join me for a drink?"
My Rabbit Hole.
RH Profile

Kairi

Seeing the young couple I walk over and introduce myself. "Hey there folks, you look like you could use a drink. Can I interest you into a soda or milkshake? My names Kairi and I'll be your waitress." I pull out a pencile and a note pad smiling softly at the boy and girl knowing something is about to spark.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.