Blood & Magic: (Started But Always Recruiting) Need F

Started by Narianna, February 14, 2012, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsptGoddess

Quote from: Elf on February 15, 2012, 01:46:21 PM
I also love the new vamp, Gspt. I think Renair will take a liking to her too. He would gladly take her to the depths of her evilness and beyond.

Why thank you, m'dear. I'm sure Elise will quickly warm up to him.

grovercjuk

Name: Todd Williams
Race: Witch

Powers: Illusion

History:
                 The first time Todd realized that they where an unusual family was the night his father died. Until then to him they had been your typical American family, dad worked as an accountant, mum was a stay at home soccer mum. And Todd was your average teenager, well just into teenage when it happened.

He was asleep and then his father was shaking him awake telling him to get dressed. Despite his asking all his father would reply was get moving, we have to go. Bundled into the hall and then outside, his mother was standing by the Jeep throwing in a case.

Then it all went wrong, a figure came over the wall, and it seemed that he had leapt the wall but that was impossible it was a good six-foot. But regardless the figure landed and then moved at incredible speed towards mum.

Todd was just about to shout to warn when mum turned and the figure exploded into flame. A figure of flame, Todd could feel the heat even where he stood, the stink of burning, clothing hair flesh vanishing under a searing flame. But what stuck in Todd’s mind was his mother’s face. She watched the figure burn with a face so serene that she might as well been watching Todd play ball.

Let’s go where his father’s last words, they started forward and then a figure came out of the darkness. Hands grasping his father’s head and then a sickening crack his father’s head at a wrong angle, his body dropping. The figure smiling revealing fangs, Todd falling backwards, losing his footing to sprawl next to his dead father’s body.

The thunder of a shotgun, the figure being slammed backwards away from Todd and then exploding like the other into flame. His mother grasping him, pulling him up, the shotgun in one hand her eyes checking him. Todd looking at her, seeing not a mother but something else, something dangerous.

She did not speak as they drove away, not for hours as they headed for Granddad’s cabin in the mountains. Then just a few words, “I was wrong to try and live apart, we are not human, we belong with our own.” Todd did not know if the sights he had seen or his mother’s words chilled him more.

Of course over the years he learnt, learnt that he was a witch like his mother but his father had been human. Learnt that his mother was a Fire Witch and an enforcer. A dealer of punishment, which she carried out with that serene calm look he had first seen that night.

But he was no fire witch, in fact he had no aptitude for any of the elements. But what he did have was an aptitude for illusion, for making people see what is not there or not seeing what is there.

Personality: Todd has a streak of mischief in him although he can be very serious when he needs to. He believes that his mother was wrong that it was not that she had tried to live with his father who was human but the Vampires that made it all go wrong.
         Still he respected and loved her and leaving the mountains was hard but it was something he had to do  he had wanderlust his granddad had said but he had also told him to look for the Moryth. A witch who could conceal paranormal events even in broad daylight would be very useful to them.

Advantages: trained in weapons and unarmed combat by his mother.
Flaws: Mischievous, rebel against authority.

Narianna

Elf

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 15, 2012, 04:57:16 PM
Why thank you, m'dear. I'm sure Elise will quickly warm up to him.

You're very welcome. You do realize though that in his own evilness all he will really be interested in is making her another one of his followers and a toy.

Very nice witch, Grover, I definitely approve.

gsptGoddess

Quote from: Elf on February 15, 2012, 07:57:47 PM
You're very welcome. You do realize though that in his own evilness all he will really be interested in is making her another one of his followers and a toy.

Oh, I figure that much out. However, you cannot underestimate the girl. She is older and much more cunning than her sometimes childish acts portray. Plus, she's a wonderful actor, so you never really know if she's being honest, or just playing a part (;

You know, it seems everyone has it out for the vampires, doesn't it? Two witches with a tragic death story, a girl who doesn't even know what happened, and even a lost love. Tsk

Narianna

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 15, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
You know, it seems everyone has it out for the vampires, doesn't it? Two witches with a tragic death story, a girl who doesn't even know what happened, and even a lost love. Tsk

Haha! I was noticing that, myself. Witches aren't completely innocent in this game. They've shed their share of vampire blood, some even hunting them relentlessly with almost a religious fervor.

Elf

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 15, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
Oh, I figure that much out. However, you cannot underestimate the girl. She is older and much more cunning than her sometimes childish acts portray. Plus, she's a wonderful actor, so you never really know if she's being honest, or just playing a part (;

As long as we understand each other we're good, good acting or not I would not recommend exchanging blood between Renair and Elise, so far nobody who has tasted his blood has been able to resist being infected by his brand of insanity. So if you don't want her to suffer the "Blood Lust" don't drink his blood even if he encourages her to do so. It is one of the ways he ensures he gets new followers.

Well according to the believed history vampires were created to be a curse on humanity and the witches created to keep them in check, so of course you can expect people to be against them. Oyohusa though is learning to be more tolerant of them and focusing his hatred on just the ones responsible for the tragedy of his past.

gsptGoddess

Hmm this should definitely prove to be very interesting, Elf. Perhaps Elise will be the one exception to Renair's dark ability? I get the feeling that would ruffle a few feathers.

Let's hope he can hold on to that and it doesn't somehow turn out that Renair or one of the others are the cause of all the grief to the witches and humans. That would just be a disastrous coincidence. :P

Elf

Having her drink his blood and not share in his madness would certainly surprise him and maybe even anger him or frighten him.

Yes that indeed could be disastrous, but for Oyohusa the only real disaster would be what to do with himself once his vengeance has been satisfied. How does one come back from changing his name to Death Angle? And not even remembering the name he had before.

gsptGoddess

Well she might just take that frightening chence.

I think he'll be able to rest at that point, possibly try to actually enjoy his life instead of running around on a quest to kill. Otherwise, he might just lose the reason for his life and, at that point, who know's what he'll do? Perhaps become a mercanery for others?

So are we waiting for a certain amount of characters or just a certain amount of time before we stop waiting and start going?

Arioch

Or, maybe he discovers that there are others that have gone through similar experiences but don't have the capabilities to do what he has done. This could lead him to being an Avenging Angel for them.

There are a number of possibilities.

grovercjuk

Both witches and Vampires commit dark deeds maybe though the difference is the witches take no pleasure in them?

And for Todd the Vampires that killed his father are dead so no need for vengeance and he has seen the witches can be as merciless so he is more neutral  towards  Vampires  happy to judge them by their actions.

Elf

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 16, 2012, 02:01:07 PM
Well she might just take that frightening chence.

I think he'll be able to rest at that point, possibly try to actually enjoy his life instead of running around on a quest to kill. Otherwise, he might just lose the reason for his life and, at that point, who know's what he'll do? Perhaps become a mercanery for others?

So are we waiting for a certain amount of characters or just a certain amount of time before we stop waiting and start going?

It certainly has interesting possibilities to see how two evil strong willed individuals mesh.

My hopes for Oyohusa is that somebody can help him come back to a more normal level of humanity.

As for when this actually going to start I cannot say, this is Narianna's baby I'm just helping with it.

Narianna

Quote from: grovercjuk on February 16, 2012, 03:27:01 PM
Both witches and Vampires commit dark deeds maybe though the difference is the witches take no pleasure in them?

Oh no, there are some pretty sadistic witches and psychotic mental ones out there as well... lol There's a particular storyline I'll be discussing with E eventually that involves that idea...

I'm going to go ahead and get the threads up tonight or tomorrow. We'll just use this thread as the OOC for now and maybe attract some more attention. I'll be making a separate OOC in the future. We can always take on late recruits after the game is started.

Elf

Quote from: Narianna on February 17, 2012, 06:14:34 AM
Oh no, there are some pretty sadistic witches and psychotic mental ones out there as well... lol There's a particular storyline I'll be discussing with E eventually that involves that idea...

I'm going to go ahead and get the threads up tonight or tomorrow. We'll just use this thread as the OOC for now and maybe attract some more attention. I'll be making a separate OOC in the future. We can always take on late recruits after the game is started.

Cool! New plottage we have not discussed yet. I am so loving how this is developing already.

Depending on when the threads actually go up I may be able to get a post or two up, Sunday I will likely not be able to do any posting.

Narianna

If anyone else has plot ideas, you'd like to see, we'd love to hear them. Just message both E and I together and we'll get back with ya.

Photo

Awesome Narianna, you like my game and I like yours!

I have two characters in mind. I'll be thinking of how to present them this weekend.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Elf

That's great Photo, welcome. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind.

Narianna

Quote from: Photo on February 17, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
Awesome Narianna, you like my game and I like yours!

I have two characters in mind. I'll be thinking of how to present them this weekend.

*consumed with ridiculous excitement* Yay!

Elf

Good news, I was informed today that Narianna is currently working on the IC threads for this so we should be able to actually start the play soon. I am quite excited about this.

Narianna

I decided to try my hand at a very crude map... The threads are taking longer than I expected but I will do my best to post them tonight. I'm a slight bit of a perfectionist at times.

grovercjuk

Narianna

I've updated the background info section, stating that I'd like to see the use of headers on posts. I'd like to know character's name, location, time of day, and who is tagged.

On the map of the adjacent town, I left the store titles very generic. If anyone wants to make a townsperson that owns one of said stores and wishes to create their own individuality, I'll be happy to rename the store on that map.

Also, as I already stated, I'm creating 3 threads: 1 for the tavern/hotel area, 1 for the town, and 1 for the gas station. If a particular store, person's home, ect, becomes a popular hangout, I will be open to creating a thread for that as well. :)

Elf

Headers that is an awful lot to ask I don't know if I can handle that, Naria. LOL

As you already know I typically use headers in group games and rather like the idea. It certainly helps especially if a player has more than one character.

Narianna

I must take a moment to apologize for my pitiful Paint skillz... While my fiance and I laugh hysterically at my chopped job on both the map and Murphy's Tavern, I'm hoping you will all share in the mirth and be able to picture what each is actually supposed to look like. *shakes head*