MS Word 2013 question

Started by Blinkin, December 23, 2015, 11:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I suddenly find myself having to use Word 2013 and for some reason, the tabs are screwed up in the new document. The first tab is 1.75", then seems to resume the standard .5" tab spacing.

What I need to ask is how to fix the tabs in 2013 so that all of the tabs are .5" apart? A step-by-step for someone who has never used a ribbon before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

The Dark Raven

It's been a while for me.

Does 2013 still have the visible tab drag thing at the top of the Word document?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Flower

Blinkin

I have no idea about the drag thbing as that's a visual question and I can't see the screen.

Sadly, I don't have an account for that site, so it's unaccessible. Thanks for the effort though.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

The Dark Raven

:/

That is the only way I know how to reset tabs is to set the tab stops manually.  I don't think I've ever seen a way to not visually set the tabs.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Flower

I'll try and copy and paste the information once I'm home. Hopefully that is of better assistance to you. If not, sorry!

Edit: I reread the information but it doesn't seem like it would be helpful without the picture guides. Apologies.