News:

Main Menu

ADOM

Started by Kythia, January 06, 2013, 04:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Anyone play?  Anyone looking forwards to SAGE being finished?

I just lost a fairly promising Troll Healer to the horror that is Nuurag Varn

DarklingAlice

I've played ADOM since highschool and been waiting for JADE just as long.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Kythia

Yeah, tell me about it.  JADE was already in the pipeline when I sent my first postcard to Biskup like ten years ago.  Not blown away by the pre-release at the moment but its far too early to say anything constructive.

Currently wandering through the ToEF with a dark elven ranger.  Doubt this is gonna be a winner though

Chris Brady

ADOM?  JADE?  SAGE? ToEF?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kythia

ADOM is a roguelike, in the tradition of NetHack but, IMHO, much better.  It stands for Ancient Domains of Mystery

JADE is Java Ancient Domains Environment.  It's the package that Adom 2, which is currently in pre-release testing, runs in.  Java as in the computer thingie.

SAGE, I don't think is an acronym and actually I meant JADE when I wrote it, its just I was opening Sage at the time.  However, its a third party program that allows various cheats in Adom alnog with management of some stuff thats a bit tricky in game.

ToEF is the Tower of Elemental Fire, a location in Adom.

www.adom.de

I can't recommend it highly enough, although the learning curve can be a little steep.

Chris Brady

I don't care much for Roguelikes.  I get too attached to my characters, and most of them tend to be too luck based, more so than I'm comfortable with.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kythia

Oh yeah, its heavily luck based.  There's a certain amount of skill but not enough to be able to guarantee anything.

Chris Brady

I'll let you two have at it then.  :)  I was just curious at the acronyms.  Thank you.