The Shards of Kingdoms Past 2.0 [Pathfinder Interest check]

Started by swordwind, June 29, 2013, 07:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godfang

kckolbe

My bad, thought you were playing the lotus geisha.  So we have an inquisitor, a spell dancer, and a barbarian.  I should play a skill type, methinks. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kdyami

Yeah a rogue or ranger of some description. And someone with a little range wouldn't hurt. I've got some with the barbarian but certainly much better up close and personal.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

kckolbe

Ranger is good, but I am not a fan of the nature vibe.  Even urban ranger feels a little outdoorsy.

By the way, I just found a way to put my only gripe about pathfinder into words.  There are too few classes, and of those classes, too many have an unshakable feel.  Ranger and Druid are too nature focused (I actually hate everything about the druid class), paladins are paladins, and only one bard variant ditches performing.  It just seems that one's options in pathfinder disappear quickly.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Can you combine two archetypes if they only affect different abilities?

Intro Thread

godfang

yes you can, and how is pathfinder too restricted? Classes are supposed to be close to a theme. A ranger is too outdoorsy? then play a fighter. A fighter too fighty? Play a rogue. If anything, Pathfinder is the least rigid game system when it comes to class.

swordwind

Pathfinder provides a number of unique options to whatever themed character that you wish to play. Every system of any game will allow you to play a particular character type even through the rules seem to say they lean towards one way of playing over another. You counter those leanings by RPing your character. Now if you want to play something different flesh out a background first then make your character, I want you to enjoy a character concept, not just statistically. I'll be started this game today. Most likely tonight.

kckolbe

Well, I have a fondness for a character I've never played in Pathfinder, which is that of a contest archer that earns his money through tournaments. The Archer archetype for fighter works, as does a combination of urban ranger and skirmisher for ranger.  Naturally, tournaments can be few and far between, so he has to occasionally find other work.  I want him to have a decent charisma (and use skills like diplomacy), which neither class makes use of, so I think I will take a level of sorcerer at second level.

I am leaning toward the fighter class (as trick shot fits him well) but the ranger's four extra skill points really seem nice.  Thoughts?

Intro Thread

godfang

well you can always multiclass them, fighter also doesn't have alot of cha skills, so it's up to you. I suggest just go fighter.

kckolbe

Out of curiosity, could I trade track and wild empathy for anything if I went ranger?  Neither fit the concept at all, and urban ranger keeps both. 

Intro Thread

swordwind

Traits give you access to skills your class wouldn't give you.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Mysterica

Poor guys.  Three guys traveling along with one lady, but the lady also prefers the soft touch of a woman.

kckolbe

I think said lady may be frustrated as well, then.  At least she and the three unsatisfied guys will have something to talk about.  ~grins~

Intro Thread