Started by Bliss, November 20, 2008, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawg

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 24, 2008, 01:25:28 PM
I was holding out for a Kender Wild Mage, but the GM said no  ;D

Now that would have been Dangerous

Quote from: Bliss on November 24, 2008, 01:25:24 PM
A kender with a hampsterhead helm?

Nope a Anthropomorphic Barbarian Hamster with Kender tendencies.

(note: that will not be my serious character - possibly contemplating two serious characters, but at least one swashbuckling piratey fellow)
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Josietta

*twitches* another.. game.. must.. resist... must.. not.. gah!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies*

I wannnaaaaaaaaa play too!  *pouts and looks at clock*  16 days! gimme 16 days! and mebbe I can drag K-Bear in too!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bliss

*grin* Josi, this is one of the fun things about this game... you don't have to start right when it starts. Your character could come in two weeks or even two months down the line, if you like!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Josietta

Quote from: Bliss on November 24, 2008, 01:33:56 PM
*grin* Josi, this is one of the fun things about this game... you don't have to start right when it starts. Your character could come in two weeks or even two months down the line, if you like!

*bounces and glomps the Bliss* yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lurrrrrrrrrrv you!  *grins* okies back to packing and washing for me.. I will definitely be doing this when its ready!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Dawg on November 24, 2008, 01:30:07 PM
Now that would have been Dangerous

Yep.

But fun. So much fun.

I got to admit, the Kender idea is rather appealing right now.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Haibane

Doesn't the Kender idea only work if the other players know what a Kender is?

Bliss

You have the whole internet at your fingertips... I'm pretty sure if anybody here doesn't know what a Kender is, they can look it up, or else count on the player to have a good explaining description of said character.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Haibane on November 24, 2008, 02:12:21 PM
Doesn't the Kender idea only work if the other players know what a Kender is?

Give me 10 minutes and they'll know what a Kender is alright  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MagicalPen

Isn't a Kender a chocolate egg from Germany with a little toy inside?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

HairyHeretic

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 24, 2008, 02:15:43 PM

Nope, thats a Kinder

Thats a Kender

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kender

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Aiden

*Google's Kender*
Reads wiki article...
*nods*
I still want to be a panda...

Bliss

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 24, 2008, 02:15:43 PM

...I will smack you.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Haibane

No, I meant, as a character. Not as an E member. I wasn't clear there.

A Kender is a type specific to one game system, so it wouldn't really have the same impact outside of D&D would it? Because its abilities are rule-based.

If I played your average barmaid/wench from a generic fantasy medieval setting the Kender's skills would be irrelevant and unknown to her and thus its whole effect is lost.

What I guess I'm saying is, game-specific creatures don't usually work outside their designed game, particularly non-system games.

Bliss

See above, regarding: GENERIC FANTASY.

To clarify, as apparently I didn't, the setting is a generic, unspecified fantasy world of my description. As far as specific character types, so long as people can clear it with me that it's workable in a generic fantasy setting, then it's workable in this world. It's a deliberately non-specific world, which means realistically we could have kender AND hobbits AND halfling all running around, all differentiatable (is that even a word? I declare it a word now.) from one another by their quirky racial characteristics, beyond the fact of being humanoid short people.

Besides which, Kender are specific to a fiction series, and weren't D&D creatures anyway. Maybe you were thinking Kobold?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

Oh, wrong sort of Kender. *Puts on COP uniform for protection from Bliss*

And its a Freeform Fantasy. No dice. Anything goes. Just no God-Moding type thing (generic rules).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

HairyHeretic

The Kender were in Dragonlance, which was both fiction and 2nd ed D&D game world. The game where I used my Kender wasn't Dragonlance, but it was easy enough to see a Kender going through a dimensional portal just to see what was on the other side, so having him there wasn't a big deal.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bliss

This is a deliberately systemless/freeform game, but choice/creation of charactertype is going pretty much by the same rules as weaponry. If you can justify it to me, like Inkidu did what that gun a couple pages back, then I'll probably let it in. Though it'll be a lot harder to justify, say, mechawarrior than a ranger with a flintlock. XD
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Haibane on November 24, 2008, 02:19:13 PM

A Kender is a type specific to one game system, so it wouldn't really have the same impact outside of D&D would it? Because its abilities are rule-based.

Rule based, but not hard to replicate.

Extremely curious, total lack of fear, a tendancy to find things and hold onto them for safekeeping so .. what, yours?  Well, yes, but you set it down there and I was afraid you'd forget it. I mean, its a good job I found it, or some unsavoury type might have walked off with it. Them. And those. That too. See, you're really careless about leaving stuff down, I mean, its a good job I'm around or you'd lose half your things in five minutes.

See  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kalen

Quote from: Haibane on November 24, 2008, 02:19:13 PM

If I played your average barmaid/wench from a generic fantasy medieval setting the Kender's skills would be irrelevant and unknown to her and thus its whole effect is lost.

What I guess I'm saying is, game-specific creatures don't usually work outside their designed game, particularly non-system games.

So, wait... a kender would lose the effect.  And yet, the inn is allowed to have mecha, guns, and anything else under the sun or moon?

I think you're missing the point.  To be able to get those  game specific creatures, to interact.  How would a kender deal with the Xenomorphs from Alien, for example? 

Silver

Wow you all lost me a bit ago.

Here's a silly question..

Will there be a list of races or what have you that we may pick from...?
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Kalen on November 24, 2008, 02:30:56 PM
How would a kender deal with the Xenomorphs from Alien, for example? 

Try talking to it initially. If/when it turned nasty, outrun it, then hurl a variety of insults (and the contents of various pouches) from somewhere safe.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bliss

Quote from: Silver on November 24, 2008, 02:32:29 PM
Wow you all lost me a bit ago.

Here's a silly question..

Will there be a list of races or what have you that we may pick from...?

Nope. Not as such; is there a race in particular you'd like to play?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 24, 2008, 02:34:09 PM
Try talking to it initially. If/when it turned nasty, outrun it, then hurl a variety of insults (and the contents of various pouches) from somewhere safe.

And that extreme (and highly accurate) example is exactly why this world can be so fun!

HairyHeretic

My Kender killed a goblin with his humourously shaped turnip. An armour plated, acid blooded killing machine can't be any harder  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Silver

Quote from: Bliss on November 24, 2008, 02:34:34 PM
Nope. Not as such; is there a race in particular you'd like to play?

So maybe this might be frowned upon I am not sure.

Actually first off who has heard of a 'Swan Maiden'
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡