[CLOSED] Whisper Hill -- Supernatural Town [Recruitment Board!]

Started by Wired Rabbit, December 13, 2019, 11:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wired Rabbit

RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED AS OF DECEMBER 22ND 2019.
This board will be kept for resource purposes, but all approved members should chat on the OOC Thread instead.

Note: If someone does happen to post here, I will still check this board occasionally.

Hi, I'm Rabbit!
So this is an recruitment board for a supernatural town roleplay, inspired by Lost Girl and the like.
If you're interested, please post below! I love discussing your thoughts for characters and making new friends.  O:)

WHISPER HILL
(a supernatural town adult-sandbox roleplay)

Brief Background

• WHISPER HILL is a small town, inhabited mainly by supernatural creatures. Humans are hesitantly welcomed, as long as their motives are clear.
  • WHISPER HILL is located in the mountains, somewhere in North America. It is shrouded in mystery and magic, and impossible to find on a map.
  • WHISPER HILL has a magical barrier - those who are friendly, or who are in need of assistance, are generally the only ones let inside.
  • WHISPER HILL has a bus station, but no subway, or airport (or even sky-rise apartment buildings). There is WiFi, but most folks rely more on gossip than the internet.
  • There is generally one of everything in town (e.g. grocery store, doctor's office, diner, bakery, shopping mall).

Restrictions

• There will be a member cap, likely around 15 players.
  • All characters must be approved by me before joining. If your character is too similar to one that I have already approved, I will ask you to change it.
  • There will be little GM involvement, but I'm here if you need any.
  • This story is NOT smut-focused. There will be smut, but it will be plot-related smut. If want to play a sex-positive character, I suggest playing an Incubus/Succubus.
  • The story will be posted in the NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups section.

Gameplay

• Characters are either residents or newcomers to WHISPER HILL.

• Characters can either be a human or a supernatural-being. In this world, humans are not supernatural, but can smell magic.
    • If you are a supernatural-being, choose one supernatural type from the approved list below.
      • Please note the descriptions beside each type, as I've added some flavor to what some of them can do (e.g. Dryads are very powerful and not to be messed with).
    • If you are a resident then your supernatural status is common knowledge in WHISPER HILL, as it is a safe-space for supernatural creatures.
  • All characters must be within ages 18-70. The younger you appear, the more likely your supernatural-ness is new or newly discovered.
  • Age 18 is the youngest you could find WHISPER HILL on your own, if you can find it at all.
  • Due to the mysterious nature of WHISPER HILL, each character must have a secret.
    • e.g. murdered by a lover, became a ghost looking to fix their broken heart
    • e.g. is a former reverend with a newfound interest in the arcane
  • All of the supernatural species are open to creativity
    • e.g. does your Vampire experience different side effects from different kinds of blood?
    • e.g. is your Fairy allowing more newcomers into WHISPER HILL, or are they using their magic to shroud the town in more secrecy?
    • e.g. where does your Witch prefer to get their magical resources from?

Approved Character Types

• Banshee -- able to sense when someone is about to die, generally through wailing; may also produce sonic screams
  • Dryad -- has abilities related to nature and the element earth; essentially a "forest spirit"
  • Fairy -- born with a strong link to magic that requires no further study; generally favor illusion or protection based magics
  • Ghost -- immortal soul of someone who died; can phase through materials or turn invisible when desired
  • Human -- someone who is not supernatural, but does have the innate ability to smell magic
  • Incubus/Succubus -- able to temporary absorb the powers of anyone they have sex with; may become weakened if they abstain from sex for too long
  • Muse -- has abilities related to persuasion and charm; inspiration for many writers and poets
  • Phoenix -- able to live forever by recreating itself from its own ashes whenever it dies
  • Vampire -- has heightened senses, speed and strength; will become weakened without drinking another creatures' blood
  • Witch -- born with a weak link to magic which may be improved and strengthened via study and self-discipline
  • Werewolf -- able to shape-shift into a full wolf when desired, or by force during a full moon; may also exhibit superior stamina and appetite

Needed Occupations in Whisper Hill

- Reverend
    - Pharmacist
    - Stylist/Salon Owner
    - Retired/Town Gossiper

Character Building

Ready to Join? Copy, fill out, and paste the code on this thread for approval or you can send it to me via PM (should you want more privacy).

[center][size=18pt]FULL CHARACTER NAME[/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]IMAGE HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b] # ft # in / # lbs
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Gender Identity:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Features:[/b] (could be marks, unique coloring, strange physical features, etc.)

[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Whisper Hill:[/b] Resident (Occupation) [u]or[/u] Newcomer (Occupation)
[b]Species:[/b] Human [u]or[/u] Supernatural-Type
[b]Specific Traits:[/b] (list certain mundane or supernatural specialties that are unique to your character)
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Secret:[/b]
[b]How They Came to WHISPER HILL: [/b](be creative, it's a mysterious place after all)
[b]Why They Came to WHISPER HILL[/b]: (your reason [b]cannot[/b] be to "fuck a supernatural creature"... be more creative that that!)

[b]Character Ons:[/b]
[b]Character Offs:[/b]

[b]Desired Plots & Connections:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Example Character (Frankie Duvall)
FRANKIE DUVALL

Character Name: Frankie Duvall
Build: 5 ft 11 in / 140 lbs
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Gender Identity: Cis Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Features: Partially-deaf in her right ear

Face Claim: Danielle Victoria Perry

Whisper Hill: Resident (Nurse)
Species: Werewolf
Specific Traits:

• Can shape-shift into a wolf without the moon, even during full daylight
  • Very large appetite
  • Great at running long distances
  • Experienced medical practitioner

• Her Job
  • Her Town
  • Routine
  • Being a Wolf

Dislikes:
  • Coffee
  • Failure
  • Loud Noises
  • Crowds
  • Being a Human

Personality:
  • Hard-working
  • Loyal
  • Simplistic
  • Soft-Spoken
  • Calm
  • Slow to Trust
  • Secretive

Secret: Insomniac, plagued by nightmares that often cause her to shift in and out of wolf-form

How They Came to Whisper Hill: Frankie originally made the trek to Whisper Hill when she was just 18 years old, with her former werewolf pack. They needed the immediate safe haven of Whisper Hill, albeit most of them thought it was only a rumor and got lost in the mountains for several weeks.

Why They Came to Whisper Hill: Frankie's werewolf pack was being hunted by humans who did not think kindly of werewolves. Unable to fend off the hunters any longer, her pack was forced to make the trek to the rumored Whisper Hill during the heat of summer, when the moon was at its weakest. The journey was long, and full of traps and missteps. Since they were weak, tired and afraid, one by one all of Frankie's pack perished at the hunter's weapons. All except Frankie, who was able to leap across the magic barrier into Whisper Hill with the hunters on her paws, and the Dryads at her aid. While the Dryads took care of the hunters, the town Doctor took care of Frankie. However, even with the Doctor's medical skills and her werewolf abilities, Frankie was left partially deaf in her right ear due to her injuries.

Character Ons: Confidence, Passion, Rough Sex, Slow Sex, Submissive Partners, Little Talking, Scents
Character Offs: Sex in Wolf Form, Cuddling, Quick Sex, Too Many Questions, Shyness, Violence, Gore

Desired Plots/Connections:

• Doctor in Whisper Hill
  • Complicated Relationship with a Incubus
  • Humans Needing Medical Care

Face Claims
- Danielle Victoria Perry (Wired Rabbit)
- RJ Rogenski (TheVillain)
- Jane Levy (FlowerMagnolia)
- Bobby Creighton (TheBlackThrone)
- Katherine McNamara (lexikov)
- Tom Wlaschiha (tobisquestion)
- Omari Hardwick (Gannameade)
- Timothy Omudson (firepyre)
- Matt Ryan (Belowa2x4)
- Lita Lewis (Wolfling72)
- Rafaela Avidago (CurvyKitten)
- Lydia Graham (Lady Sakura)
- Jasmine Sanders (MistressNyx)

Taken Occupations
- Mayor (Ghost)
- Sheriff (Vampire)
- Deputy (Fairy)
- Doctor (Witch)
- Nurse (Werewolf)
- Librarian (Incubus)
- Bartender (Phoenix)
- Strip Club Owner (Human)
- Strip Club Employee (Muse)
- Diner Owner (Dryad)
- Diner Waitress (Witch)
- Grocery Store Owner (Witch)
- Waitress (Human)

Navigation

Recruitment Thread
Accepted Characters Thread
OOC Thread
The World of Whisper Hills (coming soon, once we get enough players!)
Howdy! I'm Rabbit. I'm a fictional enthusiast.
Posts Owed: 2.
Active Characters: 0.
Response Rate: 2-5 Days.

Totoro

TheBlackThrone

Out of all the races mentioned, I am the most intrigued by a fairy in this one. I suppose because usually it's never an option in RP and when it is an option, it is not as open for creativity. You definitely snagged me when you said this game won't be 100% smut dominated. When a story line is destroyed by pure smut, that is when I most likely leave a game.  ^-^
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

TheVillain

Heh, had an idea actually.

The short version of what I had in mind is an Incubus that's the Librarian. He claims that he discovered that there's actually only 1 Library in all of Existence, simply called 'The Library'. He claims they're all connected to each other and to other levels of existence through higher forms of spiritual geometry, and that if you know how you can use any Library to travel to any other Library on any plane of Existence.

However, apparently he underestimated The Library. He claims he used to use the Library connections to travel but at some point became lost among the Shelves. He doesn't really remember what happened next, just that when he finally found his way back to a plane of existence that had beings he could have sex with for sustenance he found he was more interested in Intellectual Pursuits.

He either genuinely had a change of heart and despite being an evil sex demon he is genuinely more interested in reading and research, or all Libraries are actually parts of a much more powerful being that exists across all planes of existence that Brainwashed him into behaving. At least for now.  >:)
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 14, 2019, 12:25:02 PM
Out of all the races mentioned, I am the most intrigued by a fairy in this one. I suppose because usually it's never an option in RP and when it is an option, it is not as open for creativity. You definitely snagged me when you said this game won't be 100% smut dominated. When a story line is destroyed by pure smut, that is when I most likely leave a game.  ^-^

Aw, thanks!

And yeah, I'm very open to creativity with these creatures. How/why they became supernatural is open too (e.g. did the Fairy know their magical birth parents?). Also, don't think a Fairy is necessary a beautiful pixie (if you want to play one, that's cool). Many are benevolent in Whisper Hills, because they keep the magical barrier in place, but if you want to play male, gruff Fairy with a love of fire spells, fucking go for it, as long as they have the backstory/motives to back it up.

Also, I'm very interested to see what occupation you'd choose for such a character.  ;D For example, Frankie is not prone to leadership but she does like assisting the town so she's a Nurse. Also, being a Nurse means knowing everyone's business, which is kind of like being a wolf-scout for a pack.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 14, 2019, 12:56:39 PM
Aw, thanks!

And yeah, I'm very open to creativity with these creatures. How/why they became supernatural is open too (e.g. did the Fairy know their magical birth parents?). Also, don't think a Fairy is necessary a beautiful pixie (if you want to play one, that's cool). Many are benevolent in Whisper Hills, because they keep the magical barrier in place, but if you want to play male, gruff Fairy with a love of fire spells, fucking go for it, as long as they have the backstory/motives to back it up.

Also, I'm very interested to see what occupation you'd choose for such a character.  ;D For example, Frankie is not prone to leadership but she does like assisting the town so she's a Nurse. Also, being a Nurse means knowing everyone's business, which is kind of like being a wolf-scout for a pack.

I planned for him to be a bartender. Everyone's best friend. The ole listener of woes.  ;D
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2019, 12:50:34 PM
Heh, had an idea actually.

The short version of what I had in mind is an Incubus that's the Librarian. He claims that he discovered that there's actually only 1 Library in all of Existence, simply called 'The Library'. He claims they're all connected to each other and to other levels of existence through higher forms of spiritual geometry, and that if you know how you can use any Library to travel to any other Library on any plane of Existence.

However, apparently he underestimated The Library. He claims he used to use the Library connections to travel but at some point became lost among the Shelves. He doesn't really remember what happened next, just that when he finally found his way back to a plane of existence that had beings he could have sex with for sustenance he found he was more interested in Intellectual Pursuits.

He either genuinely had a change of heart and despite being an evil sex demon he is genuinely more interested in reading and research, or all Libraries are actually parts of a much more powerful being that exists across all planes of existence that Brainwashed him into behaving. At least for now.  >:)

Fantastic idea!

One thing you might want to consider is how powerful your Incubus is. So like, sure in the beginning they used sex to feed, and in doing so took some powers of those they slept with -- the traditional Incubus. However, maybe now he's become more powerful, so instead of saying "borrowing" someone's supernatural abilities, he can instead steal some of their knowledge/secrets/memories during sex.

I mean, if he's an intelligent man, maybe he's been experimenting and fine-tuning his powers, so that during sex he can take what he wants, and leave what he doesn't.

PS - Hi friend!  ;D

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 14, 2019, 01:03:12 PM
I planned for him to be a bartender. Everyone's best friend. The ole listener of woes.  ;D

Dope as fuck. He can own the only bar in town, if you'd like.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 14, 2019, 01:06:21 PM
Dope as fuck. He can own the only bar in town, if you'd like.

Well, I don't want to limit anyone but I doubt it'll be the only bar. Bars exist in night/strip clubs too y'know.  ^-^
The gates are open

TheVillain

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 14, 2019, 01:05:01 PM
Fantastic idea!

One thing you might want to consider is how powerful your Incubus is. So like, sure in the beginning they used sex to feed, and in doing so took some powers of those they slept with -- the traditional Incubus. However, maybe now he's become more powerful, so instead of saying "borrowing" someone's supernatural abilities, he can instead steal some of their knowledge/secrets/memories during sex.

I mean, if he's an intelligent man, maybe he's been experimenting and fine-tuning his powers, so that during sex he can take what he wants, and leave what he doesn't.

PS - Hi friend!  ;D

Hadn't even considered that angle, groovy. Alright.

So I'm spitballing here but young Incubi/Succubi are like young snakes. When they have sex with someone they take a large chunk of life energy and the victim is usually either dead or in a coma, if with a smile on their face. Older, more experienced Malcubi can be more refined in what they take. MC was considered a particularly clever Incubus at the very least, he did figure out the 'spiritual geometries' of Libraries. Maybe that's why 'The Library' chose to convert him instead of just strand him somewhere until he starved to death.

It's actually pretty handy for the town. Imagine someone who can fuck so good it makes you forget, say, that you saw the Nurse turn into a Wolf-Monster?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Wired Rabbit

Well, I don't want to limit anyone but I doubt it'll be the only bar. Bars exist in night/strip clubs too y'know.  ^-^

Especially in a mysterious town with a bunch of Muses.  ;)

QuoteIt's actually pretty handy for the town. Imagine someone who can fuck so good it makes you forget, say, that you saw the Nurse turn into a Wolf-Monster?

My thoughts exactly. >:)  Mysteries abound.

I will note that the only creature immune to his mental manipulations are muses, since they are master's of mind control themselves.  ::)

Miss Nyx

I’m intrigued. I’ve got a lot going on so I may just have to stalk along and read after this, as opposed to participating... in any case just thought I’d commend you on a fantastic idea!

Lady Sakura

*plants flag* I'm thinking of making a doctor witch or a pharmacist 😁

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Lady Sakura on December 14, 2019, 03:27:44 PM
*plants flag* I'm thinking of making a doctor witch or a pharmacist 😁

*whispers* My friends are hereeeee.
Also, if you play a Doctor, you'll be buds with Nurse Frankie. Don't feel like you have to be the Doctor who saved her life though.

Witches are fun in this universe because they're more of magic crafters, since their strength is based on self-discipline. They tend to invent new spells rather than manipulate existing magic, as their innate connection to magic is weaker at the start. This literally means if you can think it, and if your character works at it, they can probably magic it. Also, great for dramatic side effects and unforeseen consequences. Your witch can have certain specialties too -- if they're like obsessed with divination magic or necromancy or whatever you desire.

Wired Rabbit

Another note about witches: they are completely in control of their own destiny.

Like, a witch born with a weak connection to magic might be all, "fuck that, I'm going to be a mundane human forever", and never develop their skills. Or, maybe they only develop a taste for one kind of magic -- like they're master's at transformation spells, but literally nothing else.

Or, they might strengthen their connection to magic via nefarious means. Or mysterious means. Do the have a coven? Who knows. Up to you.

TheBlackThrone

I may not be able to find a face claim for this, but the character concept is well hashed out.
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

I feel like since you guys are gun-ho, I will just update the Character Sheets and let you use them, hahaha.

Wired Rabbit

Okay, this is an official recruitment board now.

If you're ready, you can fill out the Character Sheet Code.
*I added a section called Specific Traits where you should list certain mundane or supernatural specialties that are unique to your character (since many of you like the creative flavor to these supernatural folk).

I'll created an approved board soon too.  :-)

For now, you can reserve Face Claims or positions in the town.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 14, 2019, 03:51:42 PM
*whispers* My friends are hereeeee.
Also, if you play a Doctor, you'll be buds with Nurse Frankie. Don't feel like you have to be the Doctor who saved her life though.

Witches are fun in this universe because they're more of magic crafters, since their strength is based on self-discipline. They tend to invent new spells rather than manipulate existing magic, as their innate connection to magic is weaker at the start. This literally means if you can think it, and if your character works at it, they can probably magic it. Also, great for dramatic side effects and unforeseen consequences. Your witch can have certain specialties too -- if they're like obsessed with divination magic or necromancy or whatever you desire.

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 14, 2019, 03:57:34 PM
Another note about witches: they are completely in control of their own destiny.

Like, a witch born with a weak connection to magic might be all, "fuck that, I'm going to be a mundane human forever", and never develop their skills. Or, maybe they only develop a taste for one kind of magic -- like they're master's at transformation spells, but literally nothing else.

Or, they might strengthen their connection to magic via nefarious means. Or mysterious means. Do the have a coven? Who knows. Up to you.

Awesome and awesome. I would like to pick up the doctor role then please!

Wired Rabbit

TheBlackThrone

I think I changed my character race to a Phoenix because I have a very unique idea for a concept on it.  ;D
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 14, 2019, 05:57:11 PM
I think I changed my character race to a Phoenix because I have a very unique idea for a concept on it.  ;D

Do it. Of course, questions I would ask are: Do they know they're a phoenix? How many times have they died? Is there a specific reason they are a phoenix? Do they always get reborn exactly the same way?

Endless possibilities there too, my friend.  :-)

TheVillain

Oliver Dewey
⛥ Ļ̴̻͚̫̓i̴̛̤̦͌́͝b̴͚̟̭̓͆͠r̵͓̦͓̰̆a̸̢̼͇̰̕r̷̨̘͇̞͚̉͆͝͝ḯ̴̡͔̪̮̼͌a̷͔̹̥͉̿͛̔̚͝ń̶̖̬̀́̈́ ⛥

Character Name: Oliver Dewey [Claims his real name is Unpronounceable with a physical tongue, even before it was made even stranger by The Library.]
Build: 6 ft 1 in / 180 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown [Sometimes Red]
Ethnicity: Appears to be some sort of Caucasian/Mediterranean mix.
Gender Identity: Cis Male
Sexual Orientation: In human terms, Pansexual with a Female Preference.
Features: Small Horns, usually hidden by hair or a hat.

Face Claim: RJ Rogenski

Whisper Hill: Resident (Librarian)
Species: Malcubi
Specific Traits:

• Elder Incubus - Like other members of his species, he can absorb life energy and in the case of supernaturals some of their powers through intimate contact. He's old enough that he can also absorb things like Knowledge, Memories, and Skills from his victims. However, if he goes to long without sex he starts to weaken and can eventually die.
  • Ritualist - Thanks to his centuries of experience and his access to all sorts of "Esoteric" books, 'Oliver' arguably has the most extensive knowledge of the arcane including magical rituals and spells in the town. However, as he lacks a human soul, he is unable to actually cast them himself. At least, not without also committing a string of murders.
  • Librarian - Oliver might be an Incubus by species, but he is now a Librarian. This has it's advantages, like access to knowledge from all sorts of planes of existence and, supposedly, the ability to travel between any libraries on any plane of existence. However, this comes at a high price. He is an Incubus by species, but he now exists to serve The Library.

Personality:

• Studious
  • Intellectual
  • Surprisingly Mild most of the Time.
  • Decidedly Evil, if in a conservative and easy to hide way.
  • Enjoys Carnal Pleasures, sure - but enjoys Intellectual Pursuits more.
  • Dresses surprisingly Conservatively, for a Sex Demon.
  • Serves The Library.

• Reading
  • Order
  • Research
  • Hot Coffee
  • Obeying the Library

Dislikes:

• Violence
  • Careless Leaking of Knowledge
  • Late Fees
  • Disobeying the Library
  • Book Burners

Secret: Is fully aware he's been Brainwashed by a Multidimensional God-Like Being that exists across every plane of existence at once and manifests on the Physical Plane as a Library. Just doesn't care.
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: One of the big Arcane secrets of the Universe is that there's actually only 1 Library. It just happens to be alive, intelligent, exist across all planes of existence, intersect in all sorts of ways on the physical plane, and if you know the 'Spiritual Geometries' involved you can travel between planes of existence by moving among the shelves of a Library. He figured out how, and used to use this to travel and sexually victimize beings across the multiverse. Then, one day, he got lost among the shelves of The Library. He doesn't remember what happened next, but by the time he managed to find a plane of existence with beings he could derive sexual sustenance from he was more interested in intellectual pursuits and Serving The Library.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Because The Library told him too.

Character Ons: Don't be mistaken, Oliver is Evil. He enjoys NC, Bondage, Whips and Chains. Sometimes Receiving, Usually Giving. He just enjoys serving The Library more.
Character Offs: Romance. He might be literally incapable of feeling Romantic Love.

Desired Plots & Connections:

• Evil Mentor
  • Dipping in a bit of Lovecraftian Horror to this game
  • Helping out the town, with Evil and making people Forget.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2019, 07:03:16 PM
Oliver Dewey
⛥ Ļ̴̻͚̫̓i̴̛̤̦͌́͝b̴͚̟̭̓͆͠r̵͓̦͓̰̆a̸̢̼͇̰̕r̷̨̘͇̞͚̉͆͝͝ḯ̴̡͔̪̮̼͌a̷͔̹̥͉̿͛̔̚͝ń̶̖̬̀́̈́ ⛥

Character Name: Oliver Dewey [Claims his real name is Unpronounceable with a physical tongue, even before it was made even stranger by The Library.]
Build: 6 ft 1 in / 180 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown [Sometimes Red]
Ethnicity: Appears to be some sort of Caucasian/Mediterranean mix.
Gender Identity: Cis Male
Sexual Orientation: In human terms, Pansexual with a Female Preference.
Features: Small Horns, usually hidden by hair or a hat.

Face Claim: RJ Rogenski

Whisper Hill: Resident (Librarian)
Species: Malcubi
Specific Traits:

• Elder Incubus - Like other members of his species, he can absorb life energy and in the case of supernaturals some of their powers through intimate contact. He's old enough that he can also absorb things like Knowledge, Memories, and Skills from his victims. However, if he goes to long without sex he starts to weaken and can eventually die.
  • Ritualist - Thanks to his centuries of experience and his access to all sorts of "Esoteric" books, 'Oliver' arguably has the most extensive knowledge of the arcane including magical rituals and spells in the town. However, as he lacks a human soul, he is unable to actually cast them himself. At least, not without also committing a string of murders.
  • Librarian - Oliver might be an Incubus by species, but he is now a Librarian. This has it's advantages, like access to knowledge from all sorts of planes of existence and, supposedly, the ability to travel between any libraries on any plane of existence. However, this comes at a high price. He is an Incubus by species, but he now exists to serve The Library.

Personality:

• Studious
  • Intellectual
  • Surprisingly Mild most of the Time.
  • Decidedly Evil, if in a conservative and easy to hide way.
  • Enjoys Carnal Pleasures, sure - but enjoys Intellectual Pursuits more.
  • Dresses surprisingly Conservatively, for a Sex Demon.
  • Serves The Library.

• Reading
  • Order
  • Research
  • Hot Coffee
  • Obeying the Library

Dislikes:

• Violence
  • Careless Leaking of Knowledge
  • Late Fees
  • Disobeying the Library
  • Book Burners

Secret: Is fully aware he's been Brainwashed by a Multidimensional God-Like Being that exists across every plane of existence at once and manifests on the Physical Plane as a Library. Just doesn't care.
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: One of the big Arcane secrets of the Universe is that there's actually only 1 Library. It just happens to be alive, intelligent, exist across all planes of existence, intersect in all sorts of ways on the physical plane, and if you know the 'Spiritual Geometries' involved you can travel between planes of existence by moving among the shelves of a Library. He figured out how, and used to use this to travel and sexually victimize beings across the multiverse. Then, one day, he got lost among the shelves of The Library. He doesn't remember what happened next, but by the time he managed to find a plane of existence with beings he could derive sexual sustenance from he was more interested in intellectual pursuits and Serving The Library.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Because The Library told him too.

Character Ons: Don't be mistaken, Oliver is Evil. He enjoys NC, Bondage, Whips and Chains. Sometimes Receiving, Usually Giving. He just enjoys serving The Library more.
Character Offs: Romance. He might be literally incapable of feeling Romantic Love.

• Evil Mentor
  • Dipping in a bit of Lovecraftian Horror to this game
  • Helping out the town, with Evil and making people Forget.

Oliver Dewey is approved.
Please post him in the Approved Characters Thread (the navigation is in the topic post of this board; at the bottom).

Also, I appreciate how Oliver's name is spelled at the top of his character sheet. Top shelf.
Also, his God is a dick and I love it. "Have all the knowledge in the multi-verses, but you cannot use it yourself, tra la la la."  ::)

TheVillain

I see it more that The Library thinks the knowledge itself is it's own reward. :P

Bekah Boo

Darn....I knew I shouldn't have looked at the group interest check..
*sigh*

I'm weak.
Could I possibly reserve the Banshee role? I'll have a sheet cooked up in a jiffy.
And what better place than have her be a baker, heh. Cause why not? ;3

FlowerMagnolia

Is here still a spot free for me? This sounds amazing.

I have a newbie witch in mind.

FlowerMagnolia

character suggestion
GUINEVERE EUPHEMIA YOPHER

Character Name: Guinevere Euphemia Yopher
Build: 5 ft 7 in / 130 lbs
Hair: Red/ Brown
Ethnicity: Canadian
Gender Identity: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Features: A scar on her inner thigh,

Face Claim: Jane Levy

Whisper Hill: Newcomer (Waitress at the Diner)
Species: Witch
Specific Traits:

• Extracts her powers from the sun.
  • Her powers as a witch have come to the surface ten years ago. But she had never studied it or learned how to control it. Her bond with magic is still weak, though stronger than usual.

Personality:

• Patient
  • Curious regarding other supernaturals
  • Proud, especially of her looks
  • Insecure about her powers
  • Talkative
  • Loyal to those she trusts

• Sensuality
  • Secrets
  • Conversations
  • Dancing
  • Drinking
  • Complaining
  • Discussions

Dislikes:

• People who talk behind her back
  • Small tips
  • Romance movies
  • Rain
  • Too much fast food

Secret: Her inability to control her powers which ended in a murder of her own sister
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: While driving around to blow off some steam, she drove up the hill and therefore found it by surprise.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Being a witch outside of WHISPER HILL had not been easy. Ten years ago, she had felt the first connection to magic, especially when the sun was high in the sky. Luckily for her, the weather in her hometown was usually bad and the sun only came out a few times during the month. Five months ago, on an exceptionally hot day, Guinevere had never felt such a power rush before and murdered her own sister while watching a horror movie at home. She had stopped her heart during the last scene and fled afterwards in shock. She then decided to settle in WHISPER HILL, not daring to ever come back to her family.
Character Ons: Rough sex, dominant men/ women, biting, scratching, non-con
Character Offs: Anything that goes into the toilet, vanilla sex

• Someone who has perhaps heard of the murder in her hometown who comes to the diner
  • Conversations at the diner about her powers/ supernatural beings
  • Committing a crime with someone

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Bekah Boo on December 16, 2019, 06:59:25 AM
*sigh*

I'm weak.
Could I possibly reserve the Banshee role? I'll have a sheet cooked up in a jiffy.

Done and done, friend! ^__^

Banshee's are super cool. Does your character tell others about the deaths they predict? Or do they try to keep them to themselves and let "nature" take its course? Are they violent, or even obsessed with death? Or, are they deathly afraid of it? Also, I gave Banshee's the ability to do sonic screams, because otherwise they were a bit too passive for me, as compared to the other types. So have fun with that.  ;)

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: FlowerMagnolia on December 16, 2019, 01:49:55 PM
character suggestion
GUINEVERE EUPHEMIA YOPHER

Character Name: Guinevere Euphemia Yopher
Build: 5 ft 7 in / 130 lbs
Hair: Red/ Brown
Ethnicity: Canadian
Gender Identity: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Features: A scar on her inner thigh,

Face Claim: Jane Levy

Whisper Hill: Newcomer (Waitress at the Diner)
Species: Witch
Specific Traits:

• Extracts her powers from the sun.
  • Her powers as a witch have come to the surface ten years ago. But she had never studied it or learned how to control it. Her bond with magic is still weak, though stronger than usual.

Personality:

• Patient
  • Curious regarding other supernaturals
  • Proud, especially of her looks
  • Insecure about her powers
  • Talkative
  • Loyal to those she trusts

• Sensuality
  • Secrets
  • Conversations
  • Dancing
  • Drinking
  • Complaining
  • Discussions

Dislikes:

• People who talk behind her back
  • Small tips
  • Romance movies
  • Rain
  • Too much fast food

Secret: Her inability to control her powers which ended in a murder of her own sister
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: While driving around to blow off some steam, she drove up the hill and therefore found it by surprise.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Being a witch outside of WHISPER HILL had not been easy. Ten years ago, she had felt the first connection to magic, especially when the sun was high in the sky. Luckily for her, the weather in her hometown was usually bad and the sun only came out a few times during the month. Five months ago, on an exceptionally hot day, Guinevere had never felt such a power rush before and murdered her own sister while watching a horror movie at home. She had stopped her heart during the last scene and fled afterwards in shock. She then decided to settle in WHISPER HILL, not daring to ever come back to her family.
Character Ons: Rough sex, dominant men/ women, biting, scratching, non-con
Character Offs: Anything that goes into the toilet, vanilla sex

• Someone who has perhaps heard of the murder in her hometown who comes to the diner
  • Conversations at the diner about her powers/ supernatural beings
  • Committing a crime with someone

Of course there is room for you and Guinevere! She is approved. Please post her in the 'Approved Characters' thread.  ;D
I will update the FC and Occupations Lists too.

Also, a few comments:
- How do you pronounce her last name? I want to get it right in my head.
- Nurse Frankie will order a lot of meat from the diner. A lot. She will try not too, but she will. Frankie likes the sun too, so Guinevere's in good supernatural company.
- I like to think that Guinevere believes that she found Whisper Hill by surprise, when in reality weird mysterious shit happened and brought her there because its a mysterious town.  ::)

FlowerMagnolia

Thank you! :)

Her last time is pronounced 'jofer' (if spelling like that helps XD). I can imagine her and Frankie being good friends then! Everyone needs a good buddy.

TheBlackThrone

Callan Kavanagh

Character Name: Callan Kavanagh
Build: 6 ft 1 in / 175 lbs
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eyes: Gray
Ethnicity: Irish
Gender Identity: Cisgender Male
Sexual Orientation: Flexible if need be.
Features: Upon first glance, there is nothing unusual about Callan. He looks like any Caucasian male with beard. Besides some scars he naturally acquired throughout his life, there is nothing that stands out as much as the tattoo he got on his first trip to California. He was young and wanted something that represented him. Having always been fascinated with fire, he got a tattoo of red and orange flames across the expanse of his back, which gradually turned into a firebird, cradling a skull in its wings. The skull then bears a crack about its brow as though something is hatching from it. The oddity that surrounds Callan is subtle. It is a charisma and warm attraction that draws others close to him like a warm fire in the cold. People feel comfortable in his presence and will even approach him on the street to openly ask him for directions or help without feeling intimidated.

Face Claim: Bobby Creighton

Whisper Hill: Resident (Bartender)
Species: Phoenix
Specific Traits: (list certain mundane or supernatural specialties that are unique to your character)

• Callan cannot be burned.
  • Callan doesn’t know it, but unseen to the average eye, an aura of fire surrounds him. If he knew about its existence and learned to use it, then he can use it to incinerate, erasing things completely from existence. The fire is the flames of the phoenix capable of death as well as rebirth. He could learn to use the flames to ward off attackers, and it is this very flame that consumes him when he dies. It is the only flame that can burn him.
  • Every time Callan dies, he is born again as someone else: male, female, black, white, Asian, European, etc. It is random. The experiences of his past lifetimes are like dreams. He has always believed that his dreams were strange, and he never knew what to make of them. Sometimes, he would dream about sleeping with a man or woman, and dying in various ways. He has dreamed about killing others either in war modern and ancient. He has seen a burning bird in his dreams before, which inspired the tattoo on his back. The skills from his past lives are latent within him. He can often do things, which one would normally go to school to learn like play the piano professionally, defend himself using a martial arts level that could rival a grand master, or paint what he sees on an extraordinary level. Callan, however, avoids sports, conflicts, and doing things where this odd familiarity could emerge. It makes him come off as a killjoy or a wimp, but he doesn’t like seeing it. It disturbs him.
  • Callan is capable of flying, but he doesn't know how.

Personality:

• Indecisive: Callan chose to be a bartender to allow him time to decide on what he wants to do with his life. Because he has demonstrated unusual and unexplained skills, he doesn't want a career where those skills could be put on display. How can you explain where you've learned something when you didn't learn it? How can you explain it without having any idea what school, instructor, etc. taught you it? He realized that he had never bartended before and he takes pride in studying mixology because studying is normal, and he can learn something that he can actually talk in depth about: where he learned it, who he learned it from, etc.
  • Hot-Headed: Callan is often kind and warm-hearted, but there's a side to him that he doesn't like to see. It starts with a spark and then builds into a great flame until he is forced to lash out at someone in order to expend the anger and energy. He has tried to develop methods to keep his cool, such as reciting a mantra in his head, singing a song in his head, or telling himself that the one trying to upset him doesn't know any better. His rising anger can be noted when he doesn't make eye-contact with the offender and tries to escape the situation.
  • Protective: He is very caring and doesn't like to see anyone hurt either physically or emotionally. When the strong are abusing their power over the weak, Callan will selflessly step forward to confront the offender without a care of the size or strength of the brute. It would hurt him more if he did nothing and stood by and watched it happen. Callan often has to get his hands dirty and be his own bouncer, removing unruly drunks from the bar. He doesn't like doing it, but he will if he must.
  • Stubborn: It can be hard to get Callan to do certain things because of his previously mentioned issue. He doesn't like sports; he doesn't want to do arts and crafts; and he doesn't like to fight. Callan won't do what he doesn't want to do, and it will be very difficult to persuade him otherwise.
  • Cautious: He can be a worrywart, especially when it comes to situations where someone could get hurt or he would probably have to fight someone. He will often advise against violence or doing things that are reckless and nonsensical. He is the defensive driver, always expecting someone to do something stupid and predicting ways around it.
  • Outgoing: While not liking the things men stereotypically like (sports), Callan does like to travel, hike, and try new things, such as restaurants or finding vacation spots where few tourists visit. He can be expected to travel somewhere for vacation every spring or summer.

• Fire
  • Expressing himself creatively--currently through mixology
  • Mules (drink)
  • Traveling when he has enough money saved to do so, he can be quite the free bird.
  • Helping others.

Dislikes:

• Confrontational types
  • Peanut Butter
  • Tomatoes
  • Stupid people who make him have to bounce them out of his bar
  • Being forced to do something he doesn't want to do

Secret: Callan only sees himself as a human and has no idea that he’s actually a phoenix. Thousands of years ago, he was born from a phoenix egg in a union between a man and a phoenix female. He has since had dreams and nightmares of his past lives, but he doesn’t remember any of them entirely. There are some skills that latently stick with him, usually the ones that are hands-on. He doesn’t know how to explain how he knows these things, and so prefers not to show them to other people or let others see them to the best of his ability.
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Callan has only been at Whisper Hill for two years and is still making a living for himself. He literally just drove over to it after learning about the small town while eavesdropping on a conversation from a random person in a restaurant he was visiting while on vacation. He never heard of Whisper Hill and wanted to see it for himself, and he has since remained.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Callan wanted to find a peaceful suburb to settle permanently in. He was never much of a city boy and prefers being around a mixture of nature and community. The small and quiet town where he can get to know others like family was perfect to him. He chose to be a bartender at The Tap Bar and Bistro.

Character Ons: O/O
Character Offs: O/O

• Callan eventually discovering his inhumanity.
  • Protecting the bar and trying to prevent stupid people from ruining his favorite town.
  • Open to any romantic relationships.
  • Callan possibly discovering what he wants to do with his life, which will more than likely be a guardian of Whisper Hill.
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: FlowerMagnolia on December 16, 2019, 03:42:03 PM
Thank you! :)

Her last time is pronounced 'jofer' (if spelling like that helps XD). I can imagine her and Frankie being good friends then! Everyone needs a good buddy.

Or, one might say, a very good dog.  ;)

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 16, 2019, 06:33:21 PM
Callan Kavanagh

Character Name: Callan Kavanagh
Build: 6 ft 1 in / 175 lbs
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eyes: Gray
Ethnicity: Irish
Gender Identity: Cisgender Male
Sexual Orientation: Flexible if need be.
Features: Upon first glance, there is nothing unusual about Callan. He looks like any Caucasian male with beard. Besides some scars he naturally acquired throughout his life, there is nothing that stands out as much as the tattoo he got on his first trip to California. He was young and wanted something that represented him. Having always been fascinated with fire, he got a tattoo of red and orange flames across the expanse of his back, which gradually turned into a firebird, cradling a skull in its wings. The skull then bears a crack about its brow as though something is hatching from it. The oddity that surrounds Callan is subtle. It is a charisma and warm attraction that draws others close to him like a warm fire in the cold. People feel comfortable in his presence and will even approach him on the street to openly ask him for directions or help without feeling intimidated.

Face Claim: Bobby Creighton

Whisper Hill: Resident (Bartender)
Species: Phoenix
Specific Traits: (list certain mundane or supernatural specialties that are unique to your character)

• Callan cannot be burned.
  • Callan doesn’t know it, but unseen to the average eye, an aura of fire surrounds him. If he knew about its existence and learned to use it, then he can use it to incinerate, erasing things completely from existence. The fire is the flames of the phoenix capable of death as well as rebirth. He could learn to use the flames to ward off attackers, and it is this very flame that consumes him when he dies. It is the only flame that can burn him.
  • Every time Callan dies, he is born again as someone else: male, female, black, white, Asian, European, etc. It is random. The experiences of his past lifetimes are like dreams. He has always believed that his dreams were strange, and he never knew what to make of them. Sometimes, he would dream about sleeping with a man or woman, and dying in various ways. He has dreamed about killing others either in war modern and ancient. He has seen a burning bird in his dreams before, which inspired the tattoo on his back. The skills from his past lives are latent within him. He can often do things, which one would normally go to school to learn like play the piano professionally, defend himself using a martial arts level that could rival a grand master, or paint what he sees on an extraordinary level. Callan, however, avoids sports, conflicts, and doing things where this odd familiarity could emerge. It makes him come off as a killjoy or a wimp, but he doesn’t like seeing it. It disturbs him.
  • Callan is capable of flying, but he doesn't know how.

Personality:

• Indecisive: Callan chose to be a bartender to allow him time to decide on what he wants to do with his life. Because he has demonstrated unusual and unexplained skills, he doesn't want a career where those skills could be put on display. How can you explain where you've learned something when you didn't learn it? How can you explain it without having any idea what school, instructor, etc. taught you it? He realized that he had never bartended before and he takes pride in studying mixology because studying is normal, and he can learn something that he can actually talk in depth about: where he learned it, who he learned it from, etc.
  • Hot-Headed: Callan is often kind and warm-hearted, but there's a side to him that he doesn't like to see. It starts with a spark and then builds into a great flame until he is forced to lash out at someone in order to expend the anger and energy. He has tried to develop methods to keep his cool, such as reciting a mantra in his head, singing a song in his head, or telling himself that the one trying to upset him doesn't know any better. His rising anger can be noted when he doesn't make eye-contact with the offender and tries to escape the situation.
  • Protective: He is very caring and doesn't like to see anyone hurt either physically or emotionally. When the strong are abusing their power over the weak, Callan will selflessly step forward to confront the offender without a care of the size or strength of the brute. It would hurt him more if he did nothing and stood by and watched it happen. Callan often has to get his hands dirty and be his own bouncer, removing unruly drunks from the bar. He doesn't like doing it, but he will if he must.
  • Stubborn: It can be hard to get Callan to do certain things because of his previously mentioned issue. He doesn't like sports; he doesn't want to do arts and crafts; and he doesn't like to fight. Callan won't do what he doesn't want to do, and it will be very difficult to persuade him otherwise.
  • Cautious: He can be a worrywart, especially when it comes to situations where someone could get hurt or he would probably have to fight someone. He will often advise against violence or doing things that are reckless and nonsensical. He is the defensive driver, always expecting someone to do something stupid and predicting ways around it.
  • Outgoing: While not liking the things men stereotypically like (sports), Callan does like to travel, hike, and try new things, such as restaurants or finding vacation spots where few tourists visit. He can be expected to travel somewhere for vacation every spring or summer.

• Fire
  • Expressing himself creatively--currently through mixology
  • Mules (drink)
  • Traveling when he has enough money saved to do so, he can be quite the free bird.
  • Helping others.

Dislikes:

• Confrontational types
  • Peanut Butter
  • Tomatoes
  • Stupid people who make him have to bounce them out of his bar
  • Being forced to do something he doesn't want to do

Secret: Callan only sees himself as a human and has no idea that he’s actually a phoenix. Thousands of years ago, he was born from a phoenix egg in a union between a man and a phoenix female. He has since had dreams and nightmares of his past lives, but he doesn’t remember any of them entirely. There are some skills that latently stick with him, usually the ones that are hands-on. He doesn’t know how to explain how he knows these things, and so prefers not to show them to other people or let others see them to the best of his ability.
How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Callan has only been at Whisper Hill for two years and is still making a living for himself. He literally just drove over to it after learning about the small town while eavesdropping on a conversation from a random person in a restaurant he was visiting while on vacation. He never heard of Whisper Hill and wanted to see it for himself, and he has since remained.
Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Callan wanted to find a peaceful suburb to settle permanently in. He was never much of a city boy and prefers being around a mixture of nature and community. The small and quiet town where he can get to know others like family was perfect to him. He chose to be a bartender at The Tap Bar and Bistro.

Character Ons: O/O
Character Offs: O/O

• Callan eventually discovering his inhumanity.
  • Protecting the bar and trying to prevent stupid people from ruining his favorite town.
  • Open to any romantic relationships.
  • Callan possibly discovering what he wants to do with his life, which will more than likely be a guardian of Whisper Hill.

Callan Kavanagh is approved. Feel free to post him in the 'Approved Characters' thread when you get the chance. ;3

Some comments, as per usual:
- Since Callan believes he's human (and hides his powers) I will say any other residents in Whisper Hill also believe he's human, until he displays otherwise.
- How long does his regeneration take? I mean, if it's like 1-3 days, the first time he dies the town members will likely throw him a Funeral. And then when he comes back and looks like someone else... Potential drama there for sure.  ;)
- It breaks my heart that he doesn't like peanut butter. I hope he still likes cheese.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 16, 2019, 07:38:47 PM
Callan Kavanagh is approved. Feel free to post him in the 'Approved Characters' thread when you get the chance. ;3

Some comments, as per usual:
- Since Callan believes he's human (and hides his powers) I will say any other residents in Whisper Hill also believe he's human, until he displays otherwise.
- How long does his regeneration take? I mean, if it's like 1-3 days, the first time he dies the town members will likely throw him a Funeral. And then when he comes back and looks like someone else... Potential drama there for sure.  ;)
- It breaks my heart that he doesn't like peanut butter. I hope he still likes cheese.

Yeah, they'll believe he's human unless certain residents can see his aura. I don't know how long the reincarnation takes, but if it happened, he would be an infant all over again.
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 16, 2019, 07:45:50 PM
Yeah, they'll believe he's human unless certain residents can see his aura. I don't know how long the reincarnation takes, but if it happened, he would be an infant all over again.

A baby phoenix would be adorable.

But yeah, the majority of residents wouldn't be able to see the aura, or honestly even think twice about it -- especially if Callan is serving them alcohol. Maybe like a powerful witch who devoted themselves to detection magic, but likely not. There's generally too much magic in Whisper Hill for a human to detect once source from another too, so as far as everyone is concerned, he is human. I'm excited for him to start discovering his powers.

lexikov

Ok, here is my first draft of the character. I still need to add the On/Off’s but otherwise I think she is pretty close to being done!

Maeve O’Brien

MAEVE ROSE O’BRIEN

Character Name: Maeve Rose O’Brien
Build: 5 ft 8 in / 125 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Bi (prefers men)
Features: Antler Crown Tattoo - a chain of ivy encircles her slim waist clasping at the small of her back with a crown and antlers.

Face Claim: Katherine McNamara

Whisper Hill: Newcomer (exotic dancer / waitress)
Species: Muse (Changeling)
Specific Traits: These traits are all most effective with Humans.

• Beauty - she possesses the kind of beauty that makes others want to be in her presence, to possess her, or sometimes instills jealousy. Her beauty is ethereal and slightly different for each person who sees her based on their desires. One person will comment on her legs that go on forever while another will say she has the face of an angel.
  • Inspire - she has the ability to inspire the best in others, to make them believe anything is possible, and give them hope when they need it most. This tends to give people the confidence they need to better succeed at whatever it is they re trying to accomplish.
  • Charm - people want to be her friend, to believe her even when she is lying, and if she pushes they want to do what she asks.

Personality:

• Friendly
  • Fun-loving
  • Charming
  • Kind
  • Caring

• Making others happy
  • Music and dancing
  • Having a good time
  • Helping people
  • Small animals

Dislikes:

• Cruelty
  • Pain and suffering
  • Sadness and despair
  • Modern technology
  • Insects and spiders

Secret: Maeve was kidnapped and taken to Arcadia long before the age of computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. so she is befuddled by modern technology and she is much older than her apparent 20 years would suggest since time works differently there. She escaped back to the mortal world, but her Fey Masters are still hunting for her and have put a bounty on her capture and return.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Maeve has been on the run since returning to the mortal world and was close to being caught when she heard about a place where supernaturals could go for sanctuary. Desperate, she followed the bread crumbs until she found the town with a hunter close on her tail. Luckily, the Dryads took pity on her situation and caused her pursuer to become lost and misdirected.

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: She is now seeking sanctuary in Whisper Hill and is hiding here from those that would drag her back to her Fey Masters for the bounty. She has been gone from the mortal world so long and was taken so young that she really has no marketable skills but she is a great dancer and a sympathetic listener who loves to have. Good time so she took a job at the club as a dancer and has settled down in an apartment in town.

Character Ons: TBD
Character Offs: TBD

• Making friends
  • Possible bounty hunters
  • Helping others
Lexi’s Likes and Dislikes (On/Offs)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=313751.0

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: lexikov on December 17, 2019, 07:41:45 AM
Hey,

I was actually going to ask about the bar/strip club. Now that you have a bartender in a regular bar, are you still going to have a strip club?

Would a character who is a Changeling/Muse who works in the club as a dancer/waitress be acceptable?

I know there is no official “Changeling” character type listed so my thought was to use it as her background. Young girl taken by the Fae for her beauty who, after years, escapes back to the mortal world. She is now a young woman with an ethereal beauty and charm that was enhanced by her time in Faerie making her a Muse in this world. On the run from the Fae sent to hunt her down and bring her back, she takes refuge in Whisper Hill.

Absolutely! The bar and the strip club can be two separate places -- the list of occupations is not set in stone, I just rattled off a bunch of ideas.  :-) If you would like your character to work in a strip club that is independent from the bar, go for it! I'm building the world of Whisper Hill around the occupations that people want to play, so that all the threads get used.

And yeah, Muse sounds good -- they very the most among the supernatural types, so just clarify under the "Specific Traits" what her abilities are. They can really be anything related to mental manipulation (suggestion, telepathy, lie detection, charm, siren-calling, etc.) so you can definitely have more of a Changeling-flavor if you'd like, just note how that works so that other player's understand.  ;D

I'll note her under the taken occupations. Any Face Claims you'd like to reserve as well?

lexikov

Yay! I’m working on her character sheet as we speak. I don’t actually care if the bar and club are separate, I just didn’t want to step on Callan’s toes since he already chose bartender. So, it’s up to him if he wants them to be the same place or not, I can work with either.

Face Claim: Katherine McNamara please

lexikov

Ok, here is my first draft of the character. I still need to add the On/Off’s but otherwise I think she is pretty close to being done!

Maeve O’Brien

MAEVE ROSE O’BRIEN

Features: Antler Crown Tattoo - a chain of ivy encircles her slim waist clasping at the small of her back with a crown and antlers.

• Beauty - she possesses the kind of beauty that makes others want to be in her presence, to possess her, or sometimes instills jealousy. Her beauty is ethereal and slightly different for each person who sees her based on their desires. One person will comment on her legs that go on forever while another will say she has the face of an angel.
  • Inspire - she has the ability to inspire the best in others, to make them believe anything is possible, and give them hope when they need it most. This tends to give people the confidence they need to better succeed at whatever it is they’re trying to accomplish.
  • Charm - people want to be her friend, to believe her even when she is lying, and if she pushes them, they want to do what she asks.

Personality:

• Friendly
  • Fun-loving
  • Charming
  • Kind
  • Caring

• Making others happy
  • Music and dancing
  • Having a good time
  • Helping people
  • Small animals

Dislikes:

• Cruelty
  • Pain and suffering
  • Sadness and despair
  • Modern technology
  • Insects and spiders

Secret: Maeve was kidnapped and taken to the Fey Realm long before the age of computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. so she is befuddled by modern technology and she is much older than her apparent 20 years would suggest because time works differently there. She escaped back to the mortal world, but her Fey Masters are still hunting for her and have put a bounty on her head for anyone to capture and return her to them.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Maeve has been on the run since returning to the mortal world and was close to being caught when she heard about a place where supernaturals could go for sanctuary. Desperate, she followed the bread crumbs until she found the town with a hunter close on her tail. Luckily, the Dryads took pity on her situation and caused her pursuer to become lost and misdirected him away from her and Whisper Hill.

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: She is now seeking sanctuary in Whisper Hill and is hiding there from those that would drag her back to her Fey Masters for the bounty. She has been gone from the mortal world so long and was taken so young that she really has no marketable skills but, she is a great dancer and a sympathetic listener who loves to have a good time. So, she took a job at the club as a dancer and has settled down in an apartment in town.

Character Ons: Romance, Foreplay, Bondage, Submission, Humiliation, Breath control, and Light Pain
Character Offs: Futa, Vore, Feeding, Footplay, Mutilation, Toilet play, Torture/intense pain

• Making friends
  • Helping others

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: lexikov on December 17, 2019, 03:36:01 PM

Maeve O’Brien

MAEVE ROSE O’BRIEN

• Inspire - she has the ability to inspire the best in others, to make them believe anything is possible, and give them hope when they need it most. This tends to give people the confidence they need to better succeed at whatever it is they re trying to accomplish.
  • Charm - people want to be her friend, to believe her even when she is lying, and if she pushes they want to do what she asks.

Personality:

• Friendly
  • Fun-loving
  • Charming
  • Kind
  • Caring

• Making others happy
  • Music and dancing
  • Having a good time
  • Helping people
  • Small animals

Dislikes:

• Cruelty
  • Pain and suffering
  • Sadness and despair
  • Modern technology
  • Insects and spiders

Secret: Maeve was kidnapped and taken to Arcadia long before the age of computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. so she is befuddled by modern technology and she is much older than her apparent 20 years would suggest since time works differently there. She escaped back to the mortal world, but her Fey Masters are still hunting for her and have put a bounty on her capture and return.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Maeve has been on the run since returning to the mortal world and was close to being caught when she heard about a place where supernaturals could go for sanctuary. Desperate, she followed the bread crumbs until she found the town with a hunter close on her tail. Luckily, the Dryads took pity on her situation and caused her pursuer to become lost and misdirected.

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: She is now seeking sanctuary in Whisper Hill and is hiding here from those that would drag her back to her Fey Masters for the bounty. She has been gone from the mortal world so long and was taken so young that she really has no marketable skills but she is a great dancer and a sympathetic listener who loves to have. Good time so she took a job at the club as a dancer and has settled down in an apartment in town.

Character Ons: TBD
Character Offs: TBD

• Making friends
  • Helping others

Looks great so far ^__^
Maybe just clarify what Arcadia is... I'm assuming it's like the celestial land of the Fey, but I can be wrong.  :P

lexikov

Thanks!

Yes, Arcadia is another name for the land of Faerie in the game Changeling: The Lost by White Wolf Games which is where I drew some of my inspiration for the character concept. I went back and cleared that up in her background and did some proofreading. I wasn’t sure what to do for her traits and am assuming that anyone with a strong will can just resist them. I’ll work on her On/Off’s tonight or in the morning.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: lexikov on December 17, 2019, 10:13:36 PM
Thanks!

Yes, Arcadia is another name for the land of Faerie in the game Changeling: The Lost by White Wolf Games which is where I drew some of my inspiration for the character concept. I went back and cleared that up in her background and did some proofreading. I wasn’t sure what to do for her traits and am assuming that anyone with a strong will can just resist them. I’ll work on her On/Off’s tonight or in the morning.

Depends how strong of a Muse she is. If she's got years of experience under her tattoo (see what I did there?), then she might be powerful enough to charm other supernatural creatures in Whisper Hill too. That's entirely up to you to decide. ^__^

Looking forward to reading her finished sheet!!

lexikov

LOL - nice, I did see what you did there!  ;)

That’s fine, I just wanted to be careful that her traits aren’t too powerful. Mind-altering powers can get a little sticky with other players. Here is her updated sheet. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change.

Maeve O’Brien

MAEVE ROSE O’BRIEN

• Inspire - she has the ability to inspire the best in others, to make them believe anything is possible, and give them hope when they need it most. This tends to give people the confidence they need to better succeed at whatever it is they’re trying to accomplish.
  • Charm - people want to be her friend, to believe her even when she is lying, and if she pushes them, they want to do what she asks.

Personality:

• Friendly
  • Fun-loving
  • Charming
  • Kind
  • Caring

• Making others happy
  • Music and dancing
  • Having a good time
  • Helping people
  • Small animals

Dislikes:

• Cruelty
  • Pain and suffering
  • Sadness and despair
  • Modern technology
  • Insects and spiders

Secret: Maeve was kidnapped and taken to the Fey Realm long before the age of computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. so she is befuddled by modern technology and she is much older than her apparent 20 years would suggest because time works differently there. She escaped back to the mortal world, but her Fey Masters are still hunting for her and have put a bounty on her head for anyone to capture and return her to them.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Maeve has been on the run since returning to the mortal world and was close to being caught when she heard about a place where supernaturals could go for sanctuary. Desperate, she followed the bread crumbs until she found the town with a hunter close on her tail. Luckily, the Dryads took pity on her situation and caused her pursuer to become lost and misdirected him away from her and Whisper Hill.

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: She is now seeking sanctuary in Whisper Hill and is hiding there from those that would drag her back to her Fey Masters for the bounty. She has been gone from the mortal world so long and was taken so young that she really has no marketable skills but, she is a great dancer and a sympathetic listener who loves to have a good time. So, she took a job at the club as a dancer and has settled down in an apartment in town.

Character Ons: Romance, Foreplay, Bondage, Submission, Humiliation, Breath control, and Light Pain
Character Offs: Futa, Vore, Feeding, Footplay, Mutilation, Toilet play, Torture/intense pain

• Making friends
  • Helping others
  • Finding her place in this world

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: lexikov on December 17, 2019, 10:58:07 PM
LOL - nice, I did see what you did there!  ;)

That’s fine, I just wanted to be careful that her traits aren’t too powerful. Mind-altering powers can get a little sticky with other players. Here is her updated sheet. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change.

Maeve O’Brien

MAEVE ROSE O’BRIEN

Personality:

• Friendly
  • Fun-loving
  • Charming
  • Kind
  • Caring

• Making others happy
  • Music and dancing
  • Having a good time
  • Helping people
  • Small animals

Dislikes:

• Cruelty
  • Pain and suffering
  • Sadness and despair
  • Modern technology
  • Insects and spiders

• Making friends
  • Helping others
  • Finding her place in this world

I like her a lot! Maeve O’Brien is approved. Feel free to post her in the 'Approved Characters' thread when you have a chance.  ;)

I'm pumped for her to meet the other supernatural residents and realize she's not entirely alone, anymore. ;3

Wired Rabbit

lexikov

Miss Nyx

Absolutely against my better judgment, I simply can't resist! XD I've had a rolling train of thought on this for a while now and y'all have created some seriously awesome characters to interact with. I'll have a sheet out by the day's end I'm sure.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: MistressNyx on December 18, 2019, 03:13:25 PM
Absolutely against my better judgment, I simply can't resist! XD I've had a rolling train of thought on this for a while now and y'all have created some seriously awesome characters to interact with. I'll have a sheet out by the day's end I'm sure.

Hip Hip, Hooray! ;3

*opens bottle of whiskey and waits*

Belowa2x4

Hello all.

I am also interested and hope to have something together tonight or tomorrow. Can I go ahead and call dibs on the grocery store slot? Would a male witch be welcome?

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Belowa2x4 on December 18, 2019, 05:18:33 PM
Hello all.

I am also interested and hope to have something together tonight or tomorrow. Can I go ahead and call dibs on the grocery store slot? Would a male with be welcome?

Abso-freaking-lutely, my friend! ;D

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Belowa2x4 on December 18, 2019, 05:18:33 PM
Hello all.

I am also interested and hope to have something together tonight or tomorrow. Can I go ahead and call dibs on the grocery store slot? Would a male witch be welcome?

Another witch yay!

lexikov

Quote from: Lady Sakura on December 18, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
Another witch yay!

“Tell me, what do you do with witches?

Burn, burn them up!

And what do you burn apart from witches?

More witches!”

Just kidding, hugs and happiness to all the witches male or female. :)

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: lexikov on December 18, 2019, 09:37:46 PM

Burn, burn them up!

More witches!”

I mean, as long as they weigh the same as a duck, you're completely justified.  ;)

Lady Sakura

Quote from: lexikov on December 18, 2019, 09:37:46 PM

Burn, burn them up!

More witches!”

Belowa2x4

One of my character’s special traits will def be “weighs less than a duck”. 😅

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Belowa2x4 on December 18, 2019, 10:22:07 PM
One of my character’s special traits will def be “weighs less than a duck”. 😅

Fun fact: It wasn't until my fourth viewing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail that I realized that THEY NEVER REMOVE THE WOODEN BAR AT THE TOP OF THE SCALE SO THE POOR WOMAN AND THE DUCK DO WEIGH THE SAME.

I always thought Monty Python was just doing one of their silly, unexplained jokes -- like, even though they shouldn't, the woman and the duck will weigh the same and it will just be hilarious. No explanation needed. I was wrong.

Wired Rabbit

lexikov

Wolfling72

I love the idea of this but I KNOW I don't room for another game. Maybe I'll stalk it for some of my favorite writers??
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 19, 2019, 07:00:08 AM
I love the idea of this but I KNOW I don't room for another game. Maybe I'll stalk it for some of my favorite writers??

Stalk all you like! And like PM me or post here if you change your mind ;)

Wolfling72

grins I even know what I would want to play based on this:

dryad

So will totally PM you if ever I lose a game.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 19, 2019, 09:52:58 AM
grins I even know what I would want to play based on this:

dryad

So will totally PM you if ever I lose a game.

Fuck. Now I'm rooting for you to loose.  ::)

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 19, 2019, 09:55:37 AM
Fuck. Now I'm rooting for you to loose.  ::)

That is terrible!! But hey, at least you know your story will have one really serious stalker!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 19, 2019, 09:56:57 AM
That is terrible!! But hey, at least you know your story will have one really serious stalker!!

I'll settle, for now.  O:)

tobisquestion

There's still space in this one, right? Kinda reminds me of an RP I was in on RolePlay Gateway yeeeeeeeaars ago and gave me a big ol' pang of nostalgia.

Writing in a hurry atm but I'll get back on in a few hours and decide what I'd like to play. Are there any obvious gaps or niches that haven't been filled? Has anyone served up a human character yet? I like to try to serve up something that doesn't duplicate what anyone else is doing. :D

Quote from: Bekah Boo on December 16, 2019, 06:59:25 AM
*sigh*

I'm weak.

Good to see you again ma'am. Maybe we'll get through more than a couple of weeks in a group RP this time!
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: tobisquestion on December 19, 2019, 11:53:59 AM
There's still space in this one, right? Kinda reminds me of an RP I was in on RolePlay Gateway yeeeeeeeaars ago and gave me a big ol' pang of nostalgia.

Writing in a hurry atm but I'll get back on in a few hours and decide what I'd like to play. Are there any obvious gaps or niches that haven't been filled? Has anyone served up a human character yet? I like to try to serve up something that doesn't duplicate what anyone else is doing. :D

Good to see you again ma'am. Maybe we'll get through more than a couple of weeks in a group RP this time!

There is absolutely space for you. ^___^

In terms of what is needed:
- Occupation wise, I would love some sort of authority figure (Mayor, Sheriff, Police Office, Council Head or even a Reverend), especially since some of the accepted characters seem like they are troublemakers so some sense of "law" would be great for character building and interactions
- We don't have a humans yet (Callan just believes he's one -- can't wait for that reveal)
- We also don't have any Dryads, Fairies, Ghosts or Vampires either so feel free to take your pick! We have a lot of witches, but everything else is either untaken or just one person so far.

Edit:: I have someone interested in playing a Sheriff/Reverend Vampire, but I'd still be interested in a Mayor or even like a Deputy. :3

Codexa

Lady Sakura

Miss Nyx

If acceptable I’d like to claim the resident position of “Sheriff”. Work has so owed down my CS but I’m working on itttt in between for sure! ;D Here's hoping I can have him completed come tomorrow morning! Oh, and if anyone was curious, he’ll be a vampire teehee! I still haven’t figured out how I’m going to make such a figure of authority readily available with an aversion to sunlight buuut I’m sure I’ll think of something. 🤣

firepyre

...There's always the sparkly kind.

-snigger-

I'm sitting on the fence. Tempted, but I'd probably have to make my exit from a couple of others official. Also, Flower might think I'm stalking her if I keep joining the same games... XD

I'll be watching.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: MistressNyx on December 19, 2019, 05:37:26 PM
If acceptable I’d like to claim the resident position of “Sheriff”. Work has so owed down my CS but I’m working on itttt in between for sure! ;D Here's hoping I can have him completed come tomorrow morning! Oh, and if anyone was curious, he’ll be a vampire teehee! I still haven’t figured out how I’m going to make such a figure of authority readily available with an aversion to sunlight buuut I’m sure I’ll think of something. 🤣

Sorry, Sheriff Vampire is taken. Want to be the Deputy?

tobisquestion

Cid Kholler

Character Name: Cid Kholler
Age: 29 at the time of his death (280 years ago) and retains that appearance
Build: 5 ft 11 in / 159 lbs
Hair: Mid-brown
Eyes: Grey-blue
Gender Identity: Cis male
Sexual Orientation: Straight but open-minded
Features: Small scar on his chin, large scar between his shoulder blades from a knife-wound

Face Claim: Tom Wlaschiha

Whisper Hill: Resident (Mayor)
Species: Ghost (former human)
Specific Traits:

• Semi-incorporeal form - As a ghost, Cid is essentially nothing more than a shade. Normally, he appears semi-transparent and lacks colour to his form. However, the magic of Whisper Hill has given him the ability to become corporeal to a partial or full degree depending on how hard he concentrates on it.
  • Kindred of the dead - As well as being able to focus on becoming more physically present in the material world, Cid can also focus on receding further from the seen and known. This allows him to become entirely invisible and to pass through walls and physical objects. Just like becoming corporeal, this takes concentration and he can’t remain this way indefinitely. It’s like holding your breath. But most interestingly, when Cid recedes in this way, he can sometimes encounter other ghosts who cannot normally be seen.

Personality:

• Pragmatic
  • Thoughtful
  • Patient
  • Likes to avoid unnecessary ball-ache at all costs
  • Dry sense of humour

• The good people of Whisper Hill
  • Bourbon
  • Smoked meat
  • Learning about people
  • Woodworking (not always easy for him…)
  • The sound of the rain

Dislikes:

• Things being harder than they have to be
  • Emotively charged opinions
  • Skunks (he had a run-in once and is convinced they are evil)
  • Seafood
  • Reality TV

Secret: If Cid ever ceases to be mayor of Whisper Hill, his soul will move on forever. He doesn’t know where it will end up and that terrifies him.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Some 280 years ago, a young Austrian colonist named Cid Kholler followed his family into the mountains looking for a place to build a settlement. He became separated and wandered for a few nights, eventually finding himself in Whisper Hill. Astonished yet fascinated, he learned all he could about the people of the town and became quite popular himself.

At the time, the mayor of Whisper Hill was a rancorous vampire named Cattenmar. After a few drinks one night, Cid joked about running a campaign against Cattenmar in the upcoming sham-election. The vampire found out about this and had Cid stabbed in the back for daring to even joke about it. Cid's death caused an uproar as the people of the town realised just how much they had liked him. When the electrion came about, the majority of them put Cid's name on their ballot paper. When the result was announced, the vampire was furious and threatened the people with terrible consequences, since Cid was dead and therefore the vamp would take the position of mayor anyway. But the town's own magic intervened; Cid's spirit rose from the dead and he appeared at the podium, ready to accept the job of Town Mayor. Being a ghost, the vampire was unable to hurt or threaten him, and in any case, the Town has spoken. The vampire was stripped of his position and left the town, disgraced. Cid's spirit remains in town for as long as he holds the position of mayor…

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Largely by accident, while wandering after becoming separated from his family. This was in the 1740s, of course, while the USA was still “The United Colonies”. He's adapted with the times, however.

Character Ons: As per my thread
Character Offs: As per my thread

• Getting to know other characters
  • Helping some people reach out to those who have died
  • Balancing the fact that the town doesn’t owe it to him to elect him mayor forever...but knowing the terrible personal price of losing the position
  • Developing a romance that has a tinge of complication and pathos, since Cid can only be corporeal for short amounts of time each day
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Miss Nyx

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 19, 2019, 06:03:44 PM
Sorry, Sheriff Vampire is taken. Want to be the Deputy?

That’ll work! ;D Glad I mentioned it at least!

Quote from: firepyre on December 19, 2019, 05:59:28 PM

-snigger-

I'm sitting on the fence. Tempted, but I'd probably have to make my exit from a couple of others official. Also, Flower might think I'm stalking her if I keep joining the same games... XD

I'll be watching.

ABSOLUTE BLASPHEMY. 🤣

Codexa

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: tobisquestion on December 19, 2019, 06:31:17 PM
Cid Kholler

Character Name: Cid Kholler
Age: 29 at the time of his death (280 years ago) and retains that appearance
Build: 5 ft 11 in / 159 lbs
Hair: Mid-brown
Eyes: Grey-blue
Gender Identity: Cis male
Sexual Orientation: Straight but open-minded
Features: Small scar on his chin, large scar between his shoulder blades from a knife-wound

Face Claim: Tom Wlaschiha

Whisper Hill: Resident (Mayor)
Species: Ghost (former human)
Specific Traits:

• Semi-incorporeal form - As a ghost, Cid is essentially nothing more than a shade. Normally, he appears semi-transparent and lacks colour to his form. However, the magic of Whisper Hill has given him the ability to become corporeal to a partial or full degree depending on how hard he concentrates on it.
  • Kindred of the dead - As well as being able to focus on becoming more physically present in the material world, Cid can also focus on receding further from the seen and known. This allows him to become entirely invisible and to pass through walls and physical objects. Just like becoming corporeal, this takes concentration and he can’t remain this way indefinitely. It’s like holding your breath. But most interestingly, when Cid recedes in this way, he can sometimes encounter other ghosts who cannot normally be seen.

Personality:

• Pragmatic
  • Thoughtful
  • Patient
  • Likes to avoid unnecessary ball-ache at all costs
  • Dry sense of humour

• The good people of Whisper Hill
  • Bourbon
  • Smoked meat
  • Learning about people
  • Woodworking (not always easy for him…)
  • The sound of the rain

Dislikes:

• Things being harder than they have to be
  • Emotively charged opinions
  • Skunks (he had a run-in once and is convinced they are evil)
  • Seafood
  • Reality TV

Secret: If Cid ever ceases to be mayor of Whisper Hill, his soul will move on forever. He doesn’t know where it will end up and that terrifies him.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Some 280 years ago, a young Austrian colonist named Cid Kholler followed his family into the mountains looking for a place to build a settlement. He became separated and wandered for a few nights, eventually finding himself in Whisper Hill. Astonished yet fascinated, he learned all he could about the people of the town and became quite popular himself.

At the time, the mayor of Whisper Hill was a rancorous vampire named Cattenmar. After a few drinks one night, Cid joked about running a campaign against Cattenmar in the upcoming sham-election. The vampire found out about this and had Cid stabbed in the back for daring to even joke about it. Cid's death caused an uproar as the people of the town realised just how much they had liked him. When the electrion came about, the majority of them put Cid's name on their ballot paper. When the result was announced, the vampire was furious and threatened the people with terrible consequences, since Cid was dead and therefore the vamp would take the position of mayor anyway. But the town's own magic intervened; Cid's spirit rose from the dead and he appeared at the podium, ready to accept the job of Town Mayor. Being a ghost, the vampire was unable to hurt or threaten him, and in any case, the Town has spoken. The vampire was stripped of his position and left the town, disgraced. Cid's spirit remains in town for as long as he holds the position of mayor…

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: Largely by accident, while wandering after becoming separated from his family. This was in the 1740s, of course, while the USA was still “The United Colonies”. He's adapted with the times, however.

Character Ons: As per my thread
Character Offs: As per my thread

• Getting to know other characters
  • Helping some people reach out to those who have died
  • Balancing the fact that the town doesn’t owe it to him to elect him mayor forever...but knowing the terrible personal price of losing the position
  • Developing a romance that has a tinge of complication and pathos, since Cid can only be corporeal for short amounts of time each day

Cid Kholler is approved. Our mayor is eternally good looking, you guys. Feel free to post him in the 'Approved Characters' thread when you get the chance. :)

Wired Rabbit

DM Update:

- I updated the 'Taken Occupations List' on the main page. I've now listed the characters species, instead of their name. I've also noted which of you still needs to finish their CS, just for my own sanity. (The largest group I've ever run before this is six people...)
- I will be looking for another 4-5 players, but after that, recruitment is closed. If you are lurking, and want to play, please PM me to hold a spot until you are available.
- I've mentioned this to a few of you, but once your character is approved, you can chat on the OOC Thread. It's great for brain storming character interactions and relationships :3
- Also, each of you has free creative control over what your character's work environment looks like. For example, Callan gets to design the bar he works at. Oliver gets to design The Library. I will design the overall map of Whisper Hills in the next few days, but the interiors are all yours. Be as wonderfully weird as you want. Secret doors anyone?
- Last but not least, I am new to E, so thank you all for the hype and support on this little idea of mine. It means a lot :3

FlowerMagnolia

Quote from: firepyre on December 19, 2019, 05:59:28 PM

-snigger-

I'll be watching.

You are my sweetest stalker haha.

firepyre

Shane Forrester

Character Name:Shane Forrester
Build: 6 ft 1 in / 192 lbs
Hair:Salt and pepper. Lots of salt.
Eyes: Grey Blue
Gender Identity: Cismale
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Features: Yes.

Face Claim:Timothy Omudson

Whisper Hill: Resident (Manages the club)
Species: Human, probably
Specific Traits:

• Fated - Some kind of strange, immensely powerful, and extremely esoteric fae magics protect Shane from ill intent, and often others as well, merely by association. In practical terms, it's almost like he has plot armour, except it's readily apparent to anybody who pays attention. Things might not always go his way, but they always work out in the end.
  • Warped Perspective - When everything tends to work out, no matter how unlikely, it tends to alter one's worldview somewhat. As a result, Shane tends to be utterly unflappable, supremely confident, but also disconcertingly trusting, and prone to acting on his whims. He tends to be quick to jugde, though admittedly, he is usually impressively intuitive.
  • Drawn to Faery - The magic that protects him also draws him to Faery. Shane has a strange relationship with the realm, a kind of mastery over it that even the fae don't entirely understand. He can come and go between the worlds with unmatched ease; for him it is as simple as taking a stroll in the woods. He is beholden to no court, though he commands a degree of respect from all fae folk, who believe he must be a powerful being in his own right to enjoy such protections, even if they understand no more than he exactly how, or why.

Personality:

• Dauntless
  • Whimsical
  • Nonchalant
  • Steadfast
  • Regal

• strange philosophy conversations
  • good music
  • good women
  • helping others, and giving often dubious advice
  • other eccentrics

Dislikes:

• people who take things too seriously
  • jealosy, arrogance, and pettiness
  • screeching noises
  • Drunks and druggies
  • Disrespectful customers

Secret: Shane is favored by the Matres, a trio of powerful fae beings known by many other names including the fates, the norns, and also the morregai. Though he does not yet know it, they have determined that he is to be their destined husband, furture king of the fae folk, and the one to reunite the courts. Why they chose him, an otherwise apparently ordinary human is a mystery known only to them. In any case, Shane knows none of this and may well have ideas of his own.

How They Came to WHISPER HILL: Shane stumbled into whisper hill by pure luck, or at the very least not by his own design. He is a man who walks the paths between worlds,  and not all paths lead to the same place - indeed, most who walk the paths never find their way back. In any case, he came to Whisper Hill on one such wandering, encountering the townsfolk for the first time. It was during this time that he first stayed at the establishment he now runs. Long story short; he didn't much like how the previous owner did things, so he took it over, and has looked after the girls ever since. Weird as it might seem from the outside, he sees it as almost a sanctuary.

Why They Came to WHISPER HILL: It was probably inevitable for Shane to be drawn to Whisper Hill eventually. Much like Faery, Whisper Hill thrums with innate magic, which calls to him subconsciously. You might as well ask why a plant grows in soil, or why a fish swims in water. A better question would be why he stays, but that too has a simple answer - it feels like home.

Character Ons: I'm going to take a step away from my norm on this one. Shane is a big ol' Daddy. He likes being seen as a father figure, head of the household, and he's rather protective, and encouraging of his girls. He's not terribly romantic, though he's not opposed to a bit of comfort cuddling, and watch out if you've been bad.

Character Offs: Bestiality, snuff, vore, underage, coprophagia; all the usual stuff. Anything else is negotiable, though I want to go for a vaguely daddy dom feel this time.

• Finding someone to help him look after the club, and eventually take over one day, should he not return from his wanderings
  • more dancers and/or security for the club
  • troubles to get tangled up in around whisper hill or the club
  • An encounter with a disguised Matre. He has only encountered one of them thus far, who posed as his childhood sweetheart, and first led him into faery.
  • meeting and befriending(or not so much) the stranger residents of whisper hill

CurvyKitten

Going to plant my flag of interest, I shall see what my muse can come up with for this one :)

firepyre

Aand... I think I'm ready for approval!* ^^

*barring a few formatting/editing tweaks maybe, once I get on a pc.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: firepyre on December 20, 2019, 11:04:44 PM
Aand... I think I'm ready for approval!* ^^

*barring a few formatting/editing tweaks maybe, once I get on a pc.

Shane Forrester is approved. Feel free to post him in the 'Approved Characters' thread when you get the chance. :)

How long has he lived in Whisper Hill?

firepyre

Wolfling72

Bunny rabbit

I tried to fight it. You'll get a dryad from me today.

I hope you feel absolutely awful!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 22, 2019, 09:23:19 AM
Bunny rabbit

I tried to fight it. You'll get a dryad from me today.

I hope you feel absolutely awful!

Oh yes, I feel absolutely sick with glee. ;)

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 22, 2019, 10:07:43 AM
;D

Do you want me to send her to you when I finish or can i just shove her in this thread so you can see her??
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 22, 2019, 10:18:45 AM
Do you want me to send her to you when I finish or can i just shove her in this thread so you can see her??

PM is easier at the moment :D

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on December 22, 2019, 10:20:24 AM
PM is easier at the moment :D

Sweet. Working on her now...but have a question for you. How long has the town been in place? As a dryad, it is my thought to have her be from a tree that was there prior to the town's formation...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 22, 2019, 10:26:38 AM
Sweet. Working on her now...but have a question for you. How long has the town been in place? As a dryad, it is my thought to have her be from a tree that was there prior to the town's formation...

One of the things I love about Whisper Hills is that none of its details are set in stone. =3 Adds to the mysticism.

Mayor Cid came across the thriving town in the 1740's. So its been there for at least 300 years, but probably more. I guess it really depends on how old you want your Dryad to be. I would say that a powerful Dryad, tapping into their nature magic, could live as long as a tree, which... I mean, some of the one's where I'm from can be as old as 600 years. :)

Wolfling72

grins

I am using this for her base. I don't want a buncha stuff power-wise and the average dryad is already pretty damned powerful.

So thank ya!! Now i know how to word it.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 22, 2019, 10:43:25 AM
grins

I am using this for her base. I don't want a buncha stuff power-wise and the average dryad is already pretty damned powerful.

So thank ya!! Now i know how to word it.

^

That's how I've thought of Dryads too (DnD treats them more as playful spirits sometimes or just nymphs, which I don't agree with, but whatever).

Especially their mortality. In Whisper Hill, Phoenixes are the only true immortal creature. Everything else, even those that have an extended lifespan, can be killed -- it just requires a lot of effort in some cases. For Dryads, if their forest is permanently demolished, bye bye Dryad. Otherwise, they can live for hundreds of years. :3

Looking forward to meeting her!

Wired Rabbit

RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED AS OF DECEMBER 22ND 2019.
If you are working on your Character Sheet, please PM it to Wired Rabbit for Approval.
This board will be kept for resource purposes, but all approved members should chat on the OOC Thread instead.

Awaiting Character Sheets From:
- MistressNyx
- Lady Sakura
- Bekah Boo
- CurvyKitten
- Wolfling72

Note: If someone does happen to post here, I will still check this board occansionally.

Lady Sakura

I should be getting that sheet to you soon. Holidays are just taking up all my time and energy.

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Lady Sakura on December 22, 2019, 04:25:40 PM
I should be getting that sheet to you soon. Holidays are just taking up all my time and energy.

No rush! We are still finalizing the details of the town :)

Lady Sakura

Wired Rabbit