LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmojoe

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 14, 2015, 12:52:23 PM
Geez, I'm looking for a GM here for ffd6 for months and I finally give up and go on vacation to DC . . and now suddenly there's interest everything! What the heck, Elliquiy? XD

Welp, since I'm proooobably the most experience person at the system (But I haven't tried GMing yet, still working on my own campaign for a closed group for that) feel free to tap me for any questions with how junk works. As long as it doesn't involve balancing combat encounters/making monsters, I'm your gal. Also: Yes there are some rather broken-y things in the system. If you guys want the GM that taught me the system has created a bunch of errata that smooths things out, including making the Destiny system not terrible, making Job Changing more reasonable (Because lets face it, there are very few classes you would want to go straight through with), a tweak to the skill system, and even Prestige Classes that are pretty cool (though don't kick in till level 11 so are probably not needed yeah?). If you want I can throw you guys the pastebin it's all on, and you can cherry pick whatever you think is useful? (Destiny revamp is DIRELY needed, skills are second place, job changing encourages really nifty class combinations and thematic builds).

Also hi.

Thanks for your help. I've played quite a bit of the d100 version with a lot of success. I think it's part of my job to look at any errata available, though of course I may not use some or any of it.

Latooni Subota

http://pastebin.com/vfw6v2Kr  Main errata (Don't be intimidated by how big it is, it really isn't that big)

http://pastebin.com/BWjRtZyg And Prestige Classes, for your amusement. I got to help design some of them, while playtesting the errata in my sorta-weekly game!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Angie

I don't see it in the errata, but can I guess that like in FF12, Haste and Slow counter and dispel each other?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Latooni Subota

Haste and Slow actually REPLACE their counterpart. So if you were slow'd, you'd now have Haste, if you were Hasted, you'd now have Slow. There's a reason Auto-Haste is one of the best properties in the game (And is T6)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Eislynn

Katida wheels in a large presentation board draped in red silk cloth. A plaque at the bottom reads "game setting". She slyly grins at her watch as she waggles her index finger and stands guard against those who might dare to rush the stage. "Non non, my lovelies. The time has not yet come. This afternoon shall be the unveiling."

Inerrant Lust

Oh, you big tease! :P

So, my inclination for the character was...

Combining the 'Final Fantasy Princess' archetype (Ashe, Garnet, Ovelia, sorta-Terra) with the dragoon/lancer archetype. Rather than be cool and strong, I'm thinking she would be fierce but unconfident. Ultimately pretty soft and kind-hearted. Would be the type to land a huge attack and then go, "Sorry!" :P

Though it sort of depends on whether or not the plot/setting allows for princesses and/or if you already had something like that in mind.

Eislynn

Alright, I've pretty much finished polishing! Maps and more information to follow! Drum-roll please!

In this age, the air is filled with the skyships lifted on the wings of steam and machines great and small hiss and chug with the task of bettering life for all. Mages and warriors keep their artes sharpened on mundanities, for a time of prosperous peace requires little more of them than to defend their homes from the rare wandering monsters whom have never numbered fewer.

The Queendom of Gilaud is the largest of the nations of this world, and is known as a prosperous and great land. Home to fertile plains, serene mountains, peaceful valleys, vivacious forests, shining lakes and sparkling rivers. The capital of Gilaud, the truly radiant Florentia City is considered by many the jewel of the five nations, four of which have known not just peaceful co-existence but tremendous international cooperation for nearly a thousand years. The fifth, Muenelind, was supposedly friendly as well, but few know much of the cloistered nation since it closed its borders almost seventy years hence.

Florentia City, for its part, boasts the grandest markets, the finest theaters and galleries, and is the home of most of the greatest scientific minds of this era. It is the cultural center of the world, with denizens of all her races calling it their adoptive home. Each of the other nations, Dalestia, Nuniare, and Ilcedun hold an embassy in the city. At its center lies the Gilde Castle, a sprawling marvel of architecture with no equal.

Gilaud had, just six months prior, concluded the month-long celebration following the marriage of the widowed Queen Ceridwen Lía Gilaudan to a mysterious and influential Muenelinder envoy, Laird Malik Dubhshláine. He was strangely taciturn regarding his homeland, and many found it worrying how quickly he had taken the place of Ceridwen's beloved husband in her heart, but the people could see that she was smiling again, and for this they forgave the odd circumstance.

It wasn't long though, until her demeanor changed. Her usual warmth was replaced by an increasingly chilly personality. Her Highness began to send frivolous expeditions to every corner of the world seeking 'sites of historical significance' that were skirting the lines of age old treaties with the other nations. She made decrees that trampled the rights of anyone that might hold information regarding such sites. She vowed to explore these possibilities even in Muenelind, at the risk of starting the first war in a millennia. Most worrying were the edicts she delivered ordering the great scientists and mages of her the land to create machines and methods of destruction rather than the usual marvels that could better life for her citizens.

Her search had became a maddening obsession to which she devoted all of her energies to the point that her ill health became obvious. She neglected her once supportive populace as they grew angry and dissident. The only light in the Queendom had become her daughter, Princess Sydara Lía Gilaudan, who did all she could to care for the people her mother seemed to have cast aside. Then one day, the final straw came as young Sydara disappeared, leaving no trace of her whereabouts. Her mother, the Queen, was strangely unperturbed and the people began to suspect foul designs and fear the worst has become of their dear princess. Her mysterious disappearance has become the spark for the light that shall henceforth struggle to keep darkness at bay.

Our story, of course, begins in Gilaud. All characters will start there, whether they have lived there for a long or short while or are visiting for business or pleasure. The point is, fate has drawn you all to Florentia City, the epicenter of events that will shape history for ages to come. Information on the other four nations will be made available as it becomes pertinent. For any clarifications to aid you with building up your own back stories in this world, please PM me. If you seek stats advice, or need other help with your character sheet please PM Slowmojoe.

Those of you who have posted interest in this thread up until right this moment will have priority for character creation, and then we will place a new Interest Check Thread if we want/need more players. 

Note: We will be using the provided errata, including Job Change.

PLAYER NAME:
LEVEL: (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE:
JOB:
CHARACTER NAME:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE:

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:(MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR:
RES:
DEX:
MND:

HP: (RES + CLASS BONUS) X LVL
MP: (MND + CLASS BONUS) X LVL

FORCE: (PWR+RES/4) ROUNDED DOWN
FINESS: (DEX+MID/4) ROUNDED DOWN

ARM: (AS EQUIPPED) 
M.ARM: (AS EQUIPPED)

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
L.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
SHIELD: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ARMOR: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

SKILL ATTRIBUTE
Athletics         Force
Acting Finesse
Awareness Force/Finesse
Escape Force/Finesse
Healing Force/Finesse
Inquiry Force/Finesse
Languages Finesse
Lore(X) Finesse
Mercantile Force/Finesse
Nature Force/Finesse
Negotiation Force/Finesse
Perform Force/Finesse
Scavenge         Force
Stealth Finesse
Swimming         Force
Synthesis(X)* Force/Finesse
Systems Finesse
Thievery         Finesse
Vehicles         Force/Finesse

ABILITIES: (INNATE JOB ABILITY, PLUS 2 OF YOUR CHOICE)

SPELLS: (AS ALLOWED PER CLASS, 2 NOVICE SPELLS TO START)

EQUIPMENT: (TIER 1 IS AVAILABLE TO START)

INVENTORY: (Start with 500gil to spend on equipment)

Eislynn

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 16, 2015, 08:55:21 AM
Oh, you big tease! :P

So, my inclination for the character was...

Combining the 'Final Fantasy Princess' archetype (Ashe, Garnet, Ovelia, sorta-Terra) with the dragoon/lancer archetype. Rather than be cool and strong, I'm thinking she would be fierce but unconfident. Ultimately pretty soft and kind-hearted. Would be the type to land a huge attack and then go, "Sorry!" :P

Though it sort of depends on whether or not the plot/setting allows for princesses and/or if you already had something like that in mind.

PM me with your ideas and I'll try and work with you. There are several other nations that could have their own royal families, and a diplomatic visit should not be unheard of. ...at least until the unrest really takes hold / all hell breaks loose. ;)

Angie

You know what, I think it's time I made a motherfuckin' Paladin. If you like, Lust, my Paladin can be your character's bodyguard so we can start with a couple characters that know each other.

Lockepick

Couple of questions!

I think I'm still leaning towards Darknight -- but if we end up with all martial types, and I see a prestige class I like, I might go something else...

1) Are we posting our applications here, or PMing them?
2) Are people using drawn face-claims or real life ones?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

ReijiTabibito

If you're worried about no magic, don't sweat it.  Katida's description is good enough, I think, that I'll join up.  And I looked over the classes and the ones that appealed to me most were magic-types.

Angie

Well Paladin is like, some magic. Although Dean leans towards the fighting stuff, his only spells are Cure (which I can cast exactly ONCE!) and Chivalry (so you guys can get away when tits go inevitably up). He's also taking Leadership, so we're all gonna be immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm!

Angie

Uh, can anyone help me find a Two Handed weapon? I want Dean to use big massive greatswords but I don't see like a "Two-Handed" property in the book...

Revelation

Still interested in the game! Since everyone seems to be going martial/caster hybrids or more caster types, i'm not so sure what i'll make just yet. Angie took my idea of paladin! Though, I don't mind. Perhaps a warrior or a samurai, maybe an engineer - still flinging concepts around in the air and feeling around what I like.

ReijiTabibito

Angie, I think the D6 creators went for the abstract approach - a greatsword would be a Blade weapon, and it has the same damage potential as a short sword.  No d100 Returner differing damage classes here.

Revelation

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 05:54:56 PM
Angie, I think the D6 creators went for the abstract approach - a greatsword would be a Blade weapon, and it has the same damage potential as a short sword.  No d100 Returner differing damage classes here.

Which - i'm kinda thankful for. IMO returners was an awful mess of rules.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 05:54:56 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ah, I'll live with it. Sword and Board isn't a horrible thing and probably makes more sense for a 'bodyguard' type character.

Revelation

Hey, considering one of Yuna's guardians in 10 used dolls to fight, i'd say a greatsword sounds fine.

Angie

Yeah, but if it's Final Fantasy, I want as many big numbers as I can get. Therefore, sword and board!

AndyZ

You could also argue the Huge property...

...although Paladins don't get that one...

I'm not really sure what I'll end up going with.  It does seem like we have enough martial types.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Revelation

After looking at classes a bit more, I have to admit I have a preference to Warrior. Paradigm shift is cool, and I always like characters who can be adaptable to situations while still beating face.

Angie

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2015, 06:02:39 PM

I'm not really sure what I'll end up going with.  It does seem like we have enough martial types.

There are never enough Martial Types. If they dead, they controlled.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2015, 06:02:39 PM

So far stated, we have a Paladin, a Lancer, one of Warrior/Samurai/Engineer, and another probable warrior...and a Red or Blue Mage.

...?  Not enough martials?

Revelation

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 06:03:15 PM
There are never enough Martial Types. If they dead, they controlled.
Exactly! A murdered bad guy is a good bad guy.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 06:22:14 PM
So far stated, we have a Paladin, a Lancer, one of Warrior/Samurai/Engineer, and another probable warrior...and a Red or Blue Mage.

...?  Not enough martials?

I've pretty much locked down on Warrior, myself.

AndyZ

Reread my post.  I said enough martials, not that we didn't have enough.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.