So Elliquiy...what are your phobias?

Started by Wolfy, May 18, 2010, 11:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

What are the things that scare you the most? o-o

I hate/fear spiders with a passion. o-o...it all stems back to me waking up with a white (literally snow white), large spider sitting right on my chest when I was a wee lad...yeah..after that little incident..whooo boy.

So what about you guys/gals? :D

Trouble

Clowns. I hate clowns with every fiber of my being. In fact, having so few fibers myself, I've had to borrow some from other people just so there are enough fibers to contain my supreme loathing of clowns. There's just something creepy about them.

Oh, and Santa Claus. I don't know where that came from. :/ One day, when I was real tiny, my parents had to remove me from Santa's Village----you know at the mall where you can sit on Santa's lap?----because I was crying too much.

I'm also not fond of spiders. I usually just put them outside, though, because I hate killing things.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Cherri Tart

I have big issues with spiders too - i mean, i realize they are part of the food chain and shouldn't be killed but find one in the house and i freak out a bit... ok.  a lot.

Also, water.  I have an out of control fear of drowning.  I can't swim, won't go in the pool, freak out if in a hot tub and someone even THINKS of horsing around, don't do boats... yeah, you get the idea.  water scares me. 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Bloody Rose

My phobia..... must be heights combined with speed, I could never get on the machines in a fair because I am scared always of it. However I can get in a plane fine with no fear, weird.

Mercurial

Spiders

and Wood Roaches. Creepy little bastards.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Trouble on May 18, 2010, 11:53:43 PM
Clowns. I hate clowns with every fiber of my being. In fact, having so few fibers myself, I've had to borrow some from other people just so there are enough fibers to contain my supreme loathing of clowns. There's just something creepy about them.

Oh, and Santa Claus. I don't know where that came from. :/ One day, when I was real tiny, my parents had to remove me from Santa's Village----you know at the mall where you can sit on Santa's lap?----because I was crying too much.

I totally agree with you here Trouble.

Clowns are my absolute worst, and are probably the only fear I have that I'd say is more of a phobia... I've had some very traumatic past clown experiences that have pretty much turned me into a wreck if I see someone in full clown gear.

I've always found Santa pretty creepy... I have a picture of myself at about 2 years old with him from a visit to one of those places and I look petrified.

I'm also not good with ladders/metal stairs that you can see through etc, it's not so much the height that bothers me as if I'm in a lift or escalator or something I'm ok, it's the physical having to climb higher that scares me and I just freeze up.

Tharic

Quote from: Rhedyn on May 19, 2010, 06:50:12 AM
I'm also not good with ladders/metal stairs that you can see through etc, it's not so much the height that bothers me as if I'm in a lift or escalator or something I'm ok, it's the physical having to climb higher that scares me and I just freeze up.

My issue with height's isn't the height itself.. it's the impending death and damage upon subsequent falling I don't care for.

Caeli

I'm not scared of Barney, I just think he's really creepy.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

DarklingAlice

Poisonous critters. I am terrified of spiders and snakes until I am 100% certain they are not poisonous, and then I love them/think they are really cool. Oh, and porcelain dolls. The spare room of my house growing up had all of my mother's porcelain dolls from when she was a little girl and I was certain that I could hear them moving, talking, and plotting in the dead of night.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Wolfy

Quote from: DarklingAlice on May 19, 2010, 01:17:18 PM
Poisonous critters. I am terrified of spiders and snakes until I am 100% certain they are not poisonous, and then I love them/think they are really cool. Oh, and porcelain dolls. The spare room of my house growing up had all of my mother's porcelain dolls from when she was a little girl and I was certain that I could hear them moving, talking, and plotting in the dead of night.

Well Alice, there's a way to remember if their poisonous, normally.

Look for Bright colors...Yellows or Reds, most likely. Any animal with these bright warning colors is more than likely poisonous, because otherwise they would be eaten like crazy for being so easy to spot.

Trouble

I think my fear of Santa Claus stems from the first Christmas I remember. My Oma----German grandmother----was regaling us kids with stories of jolly Saint Nick... no, wait. That's not right.

She was terrifying us by telling us all that we would be stuffed into a sack and carried away by a child molester. It didn't help that this was occurring at my aunt's house and she collects Santa stuff, so there was even a little figurine of an evil Santa Claus stuffing a couple of kids into a bag.

And dolls. Dolls are terrifying. I always expect them to turn their heads and gaze eerily at me as I walk through a room.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

TheLovelyMaid

I'm deathly afraid of butterflies.  My parents took me to the butterfly house when I was 9.  One landed on my shoulder, and I promptly fainted away from fright.  I don't even like seeing them in books or magazines.

Same applies to anything smaller than a dwarf rabbit.  No birds (after watching The Birds), no insects, (including lady bugs, caterpillars spiders, anything.  Except turtles. They're fine. )  I have no qualms about screaming my head off if I see something crawling, or lowering down from the ceiling.  Nor do I have any issues with hopping up onto furniture until I'm saved.

Tharic

Butterflies.. that may be the first time I've heard that one..

The small bug/insect one isn't uncommon.. I'm the resident bug killer in the house, always called in for the fun jobs.

My son found a frog (not one of those tiny green ones either, but a BIG sucker, the size of your palm) in the toilet one day. He promptly closed the lid and ran screaming to find me.. Never been happier for disposable plasticware containers than on that day.  ;D

TheLovelyMaid

I won't be strolling through the rainforests anytime soon.

I've only met one other person who was as afraid of butterflies as I am.

kikideru

*laughs her head off at the frog incident* Oh, wow XDDD That's hilarious... Should've recorded that moment and sent it to AFV, I'm sure you'd have gotten some kind of a reward...

I love dolls, I don't know why, but I'm absolutely fascinated by them, be it porcelain, or BJD, or other...

As for my fear, I have a paranoia about having my neck slit, or strangled... Anything to do with general decapitation or neck touching makes my stomach churn. I have no clue where that one stems from, but for some reason, I find it hot when a vampire feeds from a human's neck in a movie O.o (just not one of those gory, rip-your-throat-out ones)

I also have a severe paranoia of the dark, after I've watched anything about UFOs, or ghosts... Then, I try to avoid my kitchen (or rather the big, glass door that leads to the backyard... It's so creepy at night, so pitch-black, you can't see anything), as well as the entrance to my basement. My overactive imagination can kick up into such high gear, that it sends me literally RUNNING up the stairs to my room...

Hell, I even avoid my mom's room when it's dark and I know she's not there!
"I do not spew profanities I enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady"

My O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131220.0

Bloody Rose

When I was little I had a very nasty phobia of the skeleton from tales of the crypt.

Tharic

Quote from: kikideru on May 19, 2010, 02:35:19 PM
*laughs her head off at the frog incident* Oh, wow XDDD That's hilarious... Should've recorded that moment and sent it to AFV, I'm sure you'd have gotten some kind of a reward...

As for my fear, I have a paranoia about having my neck slit, or strangled... Anything to do with general decapitation or neck touching makes my stomach churn. I have no clue where that one stems from, but for some reason, I find it hot when a vampire feeds from a human's neck in a movie O.o (just not one of those gory, rip-your-throat-out ones)

Glad you enjoyed it.. Last thing I was thinking about was grabbing a camera  8-)

Paranoid about your neck slit or strangled.. Hmm.. *pulls a large leather couch up and motions for you to lay down as I sit in a rather stiff wooden chair, pulling out a large pad of paper and doning a pair of glasses* (With a german accent) Now fraulein, tell ze good Doctor Freud about your Childhood.."

Lady Annabelle

*Gigglesnorts*  Oh man, I am a ball of fears and phobias...

Heights, Flying, Dentists, Public Speaking, Doctors, Death, Bees/Wasps/Hornets, Snakes, Mice, Deep Water...

I think heights and flying are the worst.  I've got some sleeping pills that will knock me out when I have to go flying later on this month... :D
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Gordiannous

Lets see, I have some fears...

Like hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, the fear of long words...  And acrophobia, the fear of heights.  Mind you, I use big words a lot, like articulate and superfragilisticexpialidocious.  Go figure.  But you'll never catch me in a plane.
When everything else fails again and again, quit and blame the government for having such a bad education system!

kikideru

Quote from: Rolin on May 19, 2010, 03:05:50 PM
Glad you enjoyed it.. Last thing I was thinking about was grabbing a camera  8-)

Paranoid about your neck slit or strangled.. Hmm.. *pulls a large leather couch up and motions for you to lay down as I sit in a rather stiff wooden chair, pulling out a large pad of paper and doning a pair of glasses* (With a german accent) Now fraulein, tell ze good Doctor Freud about your Childhood.."

Funny you should try playing up the psychatrist, when I shall be starting psychology studies this September XDDD

Honestly, I think it stems from the fact that when I first started becoming... sexually aware, I found that when I was imagining the sexy stuff, I liked it when the characters would nip, or kiss, or just do anything along those lines around each other's necks... And I think it just became one of those sensitive spots for me.... XDDD I dunno, it's weird...
"I do not spew profanities I enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady"

My O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131220.0

Inkidu

Acrophobia.

Not so much being up high but very unprotected heights make me not want to leave the ground.

(Ladders, escalators, rock climbing, etc. Scare the bejesus out of me.)

(Planes, stairs, elevators, roller coasters, etc. Goodish)

I used to not be able to even get up on stepping stools when I was real little.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

thebobmaster

Clowns don't really "scare" me, persay...they just creep me the fuck out.

However, two things that do scare me are mirrors in dark rooms (damn you Bloody Mary legend...damn you to hell!) and statues (I can thank a certain Doctor Who episode for that one).
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Oniya

Quote from: Trouble on May 19, 2010, 02:01:40 PM
She was terrifying us by telling us all that we would be stuffed into a sack and carried away by a child molester. It didn't help that this was occurring at my aunt's house and she collects Santa stuff, so there was even a little figurine of an evil Santa Claus stuffing a couple of kids into a bag.

They turned Black Peter into a pedophile?

I'm deathly afraid of hypodermics.  The Acid Queen sequence in Tommy used to freak me out big-time.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serephino

Spiders... *shivers*  Any bug really.  All those legs in that tiny boneless body... It just ain't fricken natural!  Fish creep me out too. 

Heights, which really isn't so bad.  It was worse when I was younger, but I think I've kind of grown out of that one, except in cases of ladders that aren't all that stable. 

Sharks.  I watched Jaws like the day before I went to beach.  Brilliant thing to do I know.  And I swear something bumped my leg while I was in the water!  Though I don't know why I'm afraid of them in swimming pools.  I don't like being in deep water, not because I can't swim, but I'm afraid something is going to sneak up on me and get me.

Small spaces.  I think that came from crawling under a bed when I was little and getting stuck. 

Braioch

Clowns are just creepy.
Bugs are alright, unless they're centipedes....then I freak a little....

My actual two problems are dolls, I hate the little buggers. Probably stems from the fact that I saw Child's Play like 2 or 3 when I was younger, and it made it's mark on me to this day. The more lifelike the doll, the more I hate it.

I HATE small spaces. Even a small and cramped room will make me start to get antsy after awhile, not really afraid, just after like an hour I feel the strong urge to move and go somewhere else. The smaller the space gets, the more anxious I feel, to the point of being even a dick if the space is not big enough. If I can't move my arms very well? ......I freak...just freak, and it doesn't help if I can't see the space ahead of me, in that case I might as well be suffocating. Reminds me of a story I read when I was a kid, or was read to me I don't remember, but this man had been poisoned by a snake bite or a person (vague childhood memories) and had been buried alive. Scare the crap out of me, and that's what it feels like to me.

Blech
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]