The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Dragon

The call has gone out- 100,000,000 gold pieces for the capture and return of Damien Nightstrider, a mysterious thief. All of his cohorts and possessions(intact) are required to claim the bounty. Every Thieves or Assassin's Guild, as well as a fair number of adventuring groups are searching for them...but something odd has happened.

The representatives of those seeking Nightstrider have come to your guild personally, and are offering a special incentive since the master of the guild has to this point forbidden you to get involved in what she refers to as "a waste of our efforts." If you sign a contract to devote all of your efforts to Nightstrider's capture, you will receive the sum of 2 million gold pieces as a bonus.

Due to the special offer, the Guildmistress has decreed that she and her cadre will be joining the hunt, and any others of the guild are welcome to join her.

This is my first time solo DMing DnD, so bear with me.

Here are the character creation rules:

16th Level(Guild Leaders are slightly higher, but may be hindered by setting conditions such as racism and notoriety)
All 3.5 materials acceptable, and any other source if I approve it
48 Point Buy
Standard gold for 16th level with the option of signing the contract for the 2 million extra
Monsters Characters welcomed- LA buyoff in effect if you qualify
Alignments: This is an evil guild(Thieves, Assassins, Courtesans, etc.)- Neutrals and Evils fit in well, lawfuls not so well. If you can give a good reason for it, though, I'll accept any but Lawful Good.

Most important rule: I reserve the right to deny any and all items and abilities that unbalance the game significantly. Note the word "Significantly"- if you figure out a combo that works exceptionally well, by all means. If you are using loopholes or items that vastly change the playing field, they're going to get nixed.

Update:
Cohort rules: Rules as written for leadership feat, 36 PB for a cohort, standard PC gold for the cohort level

May purchase epic items if you can afford them

Full hitpoints for first level, 3/4 afterwards for PCs, Cohorts roll
d4 = 3
d6 = 4/5 alternating
d8 = 6
d10 = 7/8 alternating
d12 = 9

Here are my expectations for submissions:

Think your characters out well, and give me good backstories. Effective builds are encouraged, but if you gave me a well made character, I may give them a special advantage to help you to keep up.

Let me know how often you can post. 1/day(or more) would be good, but I know how life can be.

I haven't decided on sexual content as of yet, but it may range to Exotic NC. Feel free to state what you'd like to see/not see in the game in that regard

READABLE POSTS. If your posts are difficult to read or have typos, it's tough on the rest of us. I'll edit posts if I have to make it so, but I'd rather not have that problem.

If it helps you, make a sheet and stat out your character on Mythweavers or a similar service(If you do, post a link here for me). It's not required during submission, though- just a build and a backstory to start.

Characters in the game so far:

Lethe(Succubus Guildmistress)- Played by me
Amist(Half Drow 2nd in command)- Delta Echo
Jaq and Jill(Elven Twin Bodyguards)- MzNurse
Samantha(Human Artificer)- Blue Mary

Alright! Let the hunt begin!
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

MzNurse

Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Mystic Dragon

Delta Echo

*appears*
:D

I'll work on updating Amist's sheet later tonight. 16th level you say?
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

MzNurse

Sonja

Oh some high-level play sounds great.  I'll get working on that Master of Many Forms I was interested in.

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Sonja on February 19, 2009, 08:34:21 AM
Oh some high-level play sounds great.  I'll get working on that Master of Many Forms I was interested in.

Since Master of Many Forms got such a nerfbat from its original incarnation, feel free to use the Shifter Class from 3.0 and the Epic progression from WotC's site if you are interested. Be aware that if you are using the "Assume Supernatural Ability" feat that I will be charging 5000 exp a pop for Wishes and Miracles.

Sonja

Mystic Dragon

Delta Echo

Quote from: MzNurse on February 19, 2009, 07:39:23 AM
*tackles Delta* Welcome to E!  :-*
Eep! 
*goes down under MzNurse*
Hi there.  :-[  :)
Thanks, it's good to be here. ^_^
:-*

I'm planning on having Amist as Duskblade/Spellthief/Psibond Agent, BTW.
O&O - A&A

MzNurse

Sorry Delta.  Didn't mean to hurt you. *kisses Delta all better*

Delta Echo

*blushes* Just surprised, ma'am. But I am feeling much better now...  ;)
O&O - A&A

Mnemaxa

*considers bringing in his Conjuerer-Alienist Geometer....*

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

I'm definitely intrigued by this.  Anyone happen to have a pdf copy of the Book of Vile Darkness?  I'm underway and have none of my books. ><  If not, I'll make something from the d20srd site.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

I have BoVD, if you need me to look something up for you.

Cuffs

Hrrrmmmm...

I haven't looked at it in a while, so I can't remember what sort of thing I'd be looking for...I usually peruse through book after book until things fall into place.  If you find yourself with a lot of time and not a ton to do, lol, maybe you could super briefly summarize each of the prestige classes?  If not, I totally understand, I'll make do with that wonderful D20 site.

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Try rs.4chan.org- /tg/ often posts the books they are talking about.

Cuffs

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Hmm...I'm tempted, but if I join, my girlfriend might kill me...hrm.

Mystic Dragon

MzNurse

Yeah, Myrleena.  The more the merrier. 

Sonja, are you still here?

Myrleena

That depends if I can convince her.  I've got several ideas.  A malconvoker, ultimate magus, force missile mage, unseen seer, or archery spec-ed fighter.

Sonja

Quote from: MzNurse on February 20, 2009, 10:33:12 PM
Yeah, Myrleena.  The more the merrier. 

Sonja, are you still here?
Yeah, I'm sorry, I may have to bow out actually.  All my D&D stuff disappeared from my hard drive somehow. ???

Delta Echo

Awww...

Myrleena - Those all sound good. And I agree with Mz, the more the merrier! :D
O&O - A&A

Cuffs

Sonja, no bowing out cuz of that!  Lol, I have no books out here on my boat.  the d20 srd site is incredible, I'm using it to make my mostrously evil char. :) If you need a hand with anything, let me know.

A/A(Temporary)