Recruiting closed Original character Superhero game, co-gm's TheVillain & ESG

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 30, 2015, 07:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

RubySlippers your age is twofold apparent age then actual age.    So if you were around WW2 fighting Nazi.    Lets say you were 18 at time in 1944   so you would be   actual age 89  but appear as late teens early twenties.   

As for the immortality, if you get killed with it rank 9 applied to 19 time rank of a month.   You revive in two hours as you subtract your rank from the time rank.    And the rank in immunity aging keeps you from actually aging.

Which makes the year present day 2015   

Ghostraven

Sorry for the delay. I'll have the character stats up later tonight. I may need some help working out the crunchy bits for the character though to make sure I'm applying appropriate logic to the power creation.
If the concept is not workable I have a backup idea in the wings.

Ok; here is what I have concept wise.

Name: Mecha
Alias: Cassandra 'Cassy' Blake

Personality: She can be a bit of a spoiled brat now and then but Cassy, as she prefers to be called, is usually happy and outgoing, she wants to be everyone's friend. She tends to act before thinking through a situation or the consequences her actions might have.

Cassy breezed through collage and graduated with a degree in advanced computer sciences and is expected by her parents to eventually start working for the company. Her parents don't know that she is a super heroine; they just think that she is taking a year or so off before coming to work for them.

She is their only child and has always gotten most anything she ever wanted, including a pony. Her family are quite wealthy and have a large mansion in the city as well as a lake house upstate.

History: Cassandra Blake was born to William and Amanda Blake; Heirs to  Blake Technologies,  a cutting edge advanced sciences and technology company that works almost exclusively as a defense contractor for the Government. The company was originally just simple aircraft manufacturers, they gained prominence during WW II supplying aircraft for the US Army Air Corps and then the US Air Force. The company seeming destined to be merged into the other larger aircraft firms after the war. Her grandfather made several important breakthroughs, seemingly overnight in several aerospace and material sciences areas ensuring the companies independence and close association with military.  Unknown to all her grandfather had some assistance in making his breakthroughs. Sometime during the war her grandfather came into possession of the remains of an alien space craft. (this can be a pot hook for later stories) Reverse engineering of the craft pushed the company into the forefront of cutting edge technology on earth. Last summer while staying at the lake estate Cassy stumbled into a secret room in the mansion, inside the small room were her grandfathers old personal research notes and documents as well as several old prototypes and at least one alien artifact. The research notes and documents didn't ever mention anything alien but there were references to 'Argent'. Cassy while exploring the room opened a old cardboard box. inside was a damaged silver sphere that clearly had been part of something else. While examining the object she managed to open it a luminous crystalline blue octahedron floated in the core of the sphere. Bewildered by the oddity she touched it. The crystal flared brightly and seemingly crumbled the dust clinging to and inexplicably seeming to run up her hands and arms dissipating almost as quickly as it had started.
Several days later she was holding her laptop and was amazed that she was able to suddenly access her computer even though it wasn't powered on.
She experimented with her new found powers learning that she could not only talk to computers and machines but that she could manipulate them basically in any way she could imagine. She attempted to make a real costume like the other heroes that were appearing but her sewing skills were lacking which is when she hit upon the idea to make her costume from her lap top and hence Machine Girl…Mecha Girl…Mecha was born. She joined the Team after having several minor solo ventures while she finally settled on her hero identity of Mecha.

She is effectively a Technomancer. Below is her original power write up for another RP a long time ago, Mostly to show concept. Hopefully I can figure out how to get her to work within the rules.

Technomancer: Cassy can manipulate technology and machines commanding and controlling anything form a can opener to a jumbo-jet. She can power and even repair devices just by touching them. She also has an almost instant knowledge of how the touched device works allowing her to make mundane repairs and improvements to devices as well as using her power to then manipulate the device.
Her abilities also let her hack computer systems effortlessly as she can not only manipulate the software but she can commandeer the hardware as well. Curiously it is harder for her to manipulate a simple machine than it is some cutting edge device. She can't manipulate nonelectric devices that don't have moving parts. So she couldn't do anything with a knife or a hammer but she could cause a cross bow to cock and fire. It is unclear why given the apparent nature of her power she can't simply make a knife into a something else but this may be something that she eventually learns.

Technomancy: Cassy can transform the form and function of a device. She can’t change the actual mass of the machine but she seems to have a limited ability to change the material properties of the device via an ability to psychokinetically restructure matter. She can make a car into a robot or a cell phone into a laser or vice versa but the cell phone robot would only be six inches high and weight half a pound. She can't create explosives or chemicals but she can create rail guns and eventually energy weapons, the mass for any projectiles needs to come from the available mass of the device. Machines that she manipulates remain their changed form but may no longer operate or operate in a favorable manner once she is no longer directly controlling them. So while a car that she added guns to would still work as a car, the guns wouldn't work; but the car she changed into a robot would be a just a mass of rearranged metal and plastic.

Weakness: Currently she needs to be in physical contact with the device that she is manipulating, thought she can use a tether to connect her physically with a device that she is manipulating, she also can only manipulate a single device at a time. However her costume which she usually creates out of her laptop seems to indicate that she can with practice maintain multiple machine manipulations at once. She and her machines are susceptible to electrical attacks particularly as she is almost always in physical contact with them. The size of the device that she controls is also related to the level of concentration that is required. While she can control a small car sized device with little effort controlling a passenger jet would require a considerable amount of her concentration and focus and something the larger would probably be beyond her current abilities.
It also requires time to manipulate a machine with more time for more extensive alterations. So hacking a phone or computer would take moments making a car into a robot could take minutes.

More to come :-)
So let me know if she sounds ok and will fit in.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Elven Sex Goddess

Mecha writeup looks good.  I see no reason why she won't fit in.    I am also looking forward to how you do up the character especially with the ability to transform something. 

I would think a create power pool would do the trick.   add modifier moveable +1 per rank, continuous +1 per rank and precise +1 per rank.   With the flaw quirk -1 per rank as you need a mechanical object, i.e. car,  cell phone.    Then to create it takes increase action -3 per rank   a move and standard action.    Add in feedback at -1 per rank

So basically a 50 pt pool would cost  50 points.     For simplicity sake think better to keep time at same for if it is a small cell phone or perhaps a car into a robot.   The number of items transformed and used are based on the total of points spent from the pool.    Once you reallocate the points the object before cease to function with your change and is a pile of mess or just no longer with the added ability.     

Ixy

Quote from: D12 on May 06, 2015, 06:21:14 PM
Did we land on a mark on the whole 'scientifically empowered heroes' thing? ...
Ixy's character got her powers from the end of a needle; wielded by her science-experiment-volunteer/ guinea pig father.
yes! Someone read my background! Haha...
if we do need more variety in backgrounds, it is easy for me to tweak.

Also, I went with the example paragon for powers, so my pc is basically ready to go, and I plan to post tonight

D12

Quote from: Ghostraven on May 07, 2015, 04:51:26 PM
Sorry for the delay. I'll have the character stats up later tonight. I may need some help working out the crunchy bits for the character though to make sure I'm applying appropriate logic to the power creation.

If you need help with the crunch I'd be happy to lend a hand Ghostraven.

Just from giving your write up a real brief glance I'd probably say your best bet is
Flaw: Limited to Technology (-1)
Flaw: Permanent (-1)
Modifier: Affects Others 
Base Effect: Variable

Although you might need to talk with Goddess about how shifting objects around works with Variable's built-in limit of the original ranks.

EDIT: The way I see it; this would allow you to turn anything qualified as 'technology' into anything worth an equal amount of Equipment Points, with the idea that the thing's initial value in Equipment Points is its 'rank'  although since 5EP = 1 CP that gets pretty messy pretty quickly. One rank in Variable would let you affect something up to 25 Equipment Points; which is like... a rocket launcher. (Although I'd rule that a rocket launcher isn't 'technology' so much as 'weaponry.' Technology to me says it needs at least like a circuit, and while weapons can involve circuits, most things like handguns are purely mechanical.)
Of course that's if you can find 25EP of stuff laying around. That'd be like 25 flip phones, and it's open to interpretation as to whether this allows you effect more than one thing at a time; it could be one-action one-object so you couldn't 'pile stuff together' and affect the pile. Not sure what modifier you'd need to do that.

The 'make a crossbow lock and fire from across the room' would just be 'move object' maybe with some limits or mods
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: D12 on May 07, 2015, 06:14:40 PM
If you need help with the crunch I'd be happy to lend a hand Ghostraven.

Just from giving your write up a real brief glance I'd probably say your best bet is
Flaw: Limited to Technology (-1)
Flaw: Permanent (-1)
Modifier: Affects Others 
Base Effect: Variable

Although you might need to talk with Goddess about how shifting objects around works with Variable's built-in limit of the original ranks.

EDIT: The way I see it; this would allow you to turn anything qualified as 'technology' into anything worth an equal amount of Equipment Points, with the idea that the thing's initial value in Equipment Points is its 'rank'  although since 5EP = 1 CP that gets pretty messy pretty quickly. One rank in Variable would let you affect something up to 25 Equipment Points; which is like... a rocket launcher. (Although I'd rule that a rocket launcher isn't 'technology' so much as 'weaponry.' Technology to me says it needs at least like a circuit, and while weapons can involve circuits, most things like handguns are purely mechanical.)
Of course that's if you can find 25EP of stuff laying around. That'd be like 25 flip phones, and it's open to interpretation as to whether this allows you effect more than one thing at a time; it could be one-action one-object so you couldn't 'pile stuff together' and affect the pile. Not sure what modifier you'd need to do that.

The 'make a crossbow lock and fire from across the room' would just be 'move object' maybe with some limits or mods

I would suggest a list of  pre-made power sets with for ready access in game play as the variable power pool is used.  To help keep the flow of the game running smoothly.   

Ghostraven

I'll look at the Variable power D12 mentioned and the power pool ESG mentioned.
Below is how I looked at implementing her powers.  I went with the idea that she effectively 'summons' her machines from other machines, so I went down the 'Summon' effect figuring that I'd make several Basic robot templates, brawling bot, railgun bot, tank bot, scout bot, etc.

Please look over what I did and let me know if it makes sense, I'm open to making changes to make her work better. :-)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Powers: 78

Power:        | Base:    | Extras:  | Flaws:   | Ranks:   | Flat Mod:| Total:   |
SUMMON (CONTROL) 2 3 2 12 -7 29
TRANSFORM (CONTROL) 5 0 2 12 -9 27
Cyberhair    3 - - - - 3
Interface Jack 4 - - - - 4
Neural Boosters 5 - - - - 5
Cyber Eyes 10 - - - - 10

SUMMON (CONTROL): Action: Standard • Range: Close • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank, Mental Link: Flat +1 point, Multiple Minions: +2 cost per rank, Variable Type: Broad Type: +2 cost per rank, ACTIVATION: Flat-1 (Move Action), CHECK REQUIRED (FLAT -5) (Technology), GRAB-BASED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Touch), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Technology Only), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Requires Object), TIRING (-3 COST PER RANK)

TRANSFORM (CONTROL), Action: Standard • Range: Close • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 5 points per rank, ACTIVATION: Flat-1 (Move Action), CHECK REQUIRED (FLAT -5)(Technology)
GRAB-BASED (-1 COST PER RANK), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Technology Only), TIRING (-3 COST PER RANK)

(These are right form the rules)
Interface Jack: Comprehend Machines 2 • 4 points
Neural Boosters: Enhanced Advantage (Improved Initiative) 2 point, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Seize Initiative),  Quickness 2 [5 points]
Cybereyes: Senses (Visual) • 1 point per rank Optional: Immunity 5 (vision-dependent attacks) • 5 points [10 Points]

Abilities: 40

Ability:| Value: | Cost: |
Strength (Str) 0 0
Stamina (Sta) 0 0
Dexterity (Dex) 2 4
Agility (Agl) 2 4
Fighting (Ftg) 4 8
Intellect (Int) 8 16
Awareness (Awe) 2 4
Presence (Pre) 2 4

Advantages: 9

Advantage: | Value: | Cost: |
Wealthy 3 3
Attractive 2 2 2
SM (Technology) 1 1
Improvised Tools 1 1
Inventor 1 1
Second Chance 1 1

Skills: 23

Skill:         | Value: | Cost: |
Exp: Engineering 5 2.5
Exp: Science 10 5
Unarmed 4 2
Insight 4 2
Investigation 4 2
Perception 4 2
Technology 10 5
Vehicles 5 2.5
Total   23

Totals 78+40+9+23 = 150

Elven Sex Goddess

I assume the tiring is on only three levels.    The  upper three levels.   As it is -1 per rank applied.    So summons and transform  at 9 ranks used cost nothing, while 10, 11 and 12 ranks cost 1 each stamina for a -3 Which your at a zero stamina.

You also forgot your defense stat block.     

Back to the summon  and transform.   

I  would remove the flaw tiring,  instead use the flaw removable at -2 ranks.   To represent the opposite effect in your other flaw its grab based.   Of course such will not limited your character.  Other then it would delay for a turn.   As I would assume she is like Tony Stark with many working technology gadgets in supply.    This way it takes way the tiring flaw.    It will give you more points to spend else where.   

I also take the tiring away from the transform.  Instead I put in fade, to represent the power supply running down  on the summon piece of technology.    That is -1 per rank and again will give you more points to send.   

D12

I'm not sure about Transform. I can get what you were going for but Transform is really for like, turning water into wine, or lead into gold, not so much a cellphone into a laser pistol which changes not only the make up of the subject but the effect of the subject as well (from something like Easily Removed Limited Distracting Noticeable Communication to Easily Removed Ranged Damage in the Cellphone => Pistol example.)

Summon I'm more on the fence on.

I could see it being used to like, summon a horde of cellphone-sized robot crabs from a pile of cellphones, but you'd need Variable Type (General Type: Robots) to not be summoning the same minion over and over again (which doesn't make sense if you're summoning them 'formed' from different pieces of technology) Likewise you'd probably want a fairly high rank of the Multiple Minions extra (which gets expensive really fast) so you could summon more than one minion at a time, and maybe even Horde so you can summon more than one at a time.

I'd probably go with a fairly low rank of Summon with a fairly high rank of Multiple Minions attached. Something like.

Limited Variable Type Mental Link Multiple Minions 6 Horde Indifferent Summon (13 Points per rank)
(Limited: Medium Required, Technology) (General Type: Robots) (12 Minions Maximum)

Although even that doesn't really fit, since that's more just, summoning minions from laptops rather than turning laptops into minions.

Variable would technically encompass Summon, so it would allow you to 'summon' minions from technology, by turning the technology into something which summons a minion, albeit limited by the 'power level' of the device so like you could turn a super-computer into a stronger minion than a laptop; or even several weaker minions since Variable basically says 'you can pick any effect'

EDIT: I'm re-reading Variable, and I can't find the line that I could have sworn said something like 'the mimicked effect cannot exceed the original effect's original ranks.' I think I was reading "a Variable effect that mimics other’s traits is limited to the traits its subject(s) possess" as 'you can copy the effects present up to whatever rank you can afford' without realizing that if Regeneration Rank > 5 isn't present then you can't mimic Regeneration Rank > 5 because none of the subjects have that.

Since your Variable would be limited to 'Technology' you could turn anything described as Technology into something described as Technology with ranks as high as you could afford. That Cellphone could go from  Easily Removable... Communication 1 to Ranged Damage whatever-rank-you-want without even keeping the flaws (since you could turn the cellphone into like, a laser shooting glove or something)
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Ghostraven

I'll have to do the Deference stat block.
The Tiring was for the top three levels to represent the extra effort/energy in transforming that much mass.
I'll make the changes that you noted ESG and I'll see what she looks like. I didn't think of giving her the removable flaw. I didn't see Fade but I'll look again.

I'm sure she has a lot of tech toys, though I don't see her carrying boxes of cell phones and such into combat. The basic Idea is that she has her laptop which becomes her costume, and her cell phone which could become something. She would use vehicles or machines from the environment, which was meant to also serve as a weakness she can't use her powers if there's no tech. Which is one of the reasons that I have so many limits on the summon to try and reflect that she's creating things from the tech, not having them just appear out of thin air.

I'll have the revisions posted some time tomorrow evening.

TTYL

Ghostraven :-)

Pumpkin Seeds

Meredith Winter
Alias: Formerly Comet Girl, Currently Midnight Angel

The landscape of Missouri seemed an odd place to begin the story of a super hero.  Yet that is where Meredith Winter took her first breath and where she soared into the skies for the first time as a child.  None are quite certain where the gift of flight and strength came from but they were extraordinary by all accounts.  Life for her started normal or at least as normal as many in the poor truck stop town could relate.  The daughter to a waitress and a trucker that never stopped there again, she was raised in the back of a diner for the most part.  Most of her memories were of doing her homework next to a jukebox and hearing the stories of the men that came into the place.  Nobody ever thought much of the girl unless to say she was going to be a “looker” one day.  True to prediction she eventually did grow into her body and would have become the most stunning waitress at the truck stop if not for her other gifts.

Flight came to her at the age of twelve.  A simple desire to be somewhere else was granted to her as she was thrust into the sky one night after a nasty fight between her mom and her boyfriend.  Meredith was in the hospital for a short time after with a broken ankle.  Even she had limits to how far she could fall.  Her mother assumed she had been climbing on the roof despite the wild stories of flight.  Meredith had to show her and made a public display of flying through the skies.  Already a gifted athlete her strength and toughness came into their own as she grew older.  Stories of the flying girl of Missouri spread rapidly so that by the age of fourteen camera crews were fighting over rights.  Money exchanged hands and the reality show, “Comet Girl” was born.  Almost overnight she was a star and being pitted against villains both real and imagined. 

As the girl grew into womanhood people took notice.  Fan fiction emerged of course with torrid details of her sexual exploits.  Romantic interest turned from innocent to violent.  Meredith never really took notice as the producers shielded her from the worst and laughed at the rest.  No guards were placed on her for fear people would question why a super heroine would need a team.  Moving into the third season of the show the producers, directors and production staff felt secure in the future of their money generating girl.  Seventeen rolled around for her and at the exact time of her birth on that day her entire life changed.  Set to take flight to celebrate her birthday, Comet Girl started her ascent only to be struck down by a private passenger plane moments afterward.  People watched in horror as a cloaked figure stepped before the camera to claim credit and lift the plane away from her.  At first this was thought to be the introduction of another villain, until everything truly became horrifying.

Maestro was the name the man gave the camera crew before killing them out of hand.  On camera he forced the communication line to continue as he made Americans watch the dismemberment and destruction of each crew member.  Yet he was not done and as Meredith emerged from the wreckage he showed his most cruel torture for the young woman.  A longtime fan he confessed, he had come to give Meredith a gift on her seventeenth birthday.  He and he alone would make her a woman in a way she would never forget.  That she would never forget him.  People watched in disgusted fascination at what he did next and what he did over the hours that came.  Meredith’s career came to an end that night along with the life of Comet Girl.

Crushed in body and mind, there were few that wanted to touch the girl while she lay in the hospital.  The Production company had just renewed her contract and so had financial obligations to meet, but were quick to squirm their way out.  Fortunately, the company was beholden to another group that was happy to step into the fray and claim the contract.  Dark Water Industries had a particular curiosity about the woman and the genetic properties of her body.  Also their advancement cybernetics division had new equipment to utilize.  Meredith already felt the cold hand of vengeance in her heart when she signed the consents for her surgeries.  To all public knowledge Comet Girl disappeared that morning when she was taken to surgery.  The legacy still remained as people downloaded the victimization, broadcast every scream and whimper and even altered the video so her cries became moans.  By the time she emerged there was an entire subgenre of the video turned into pornography.  Meredith Winter didn’t care anymore.  She was different now and less naïve.

Dark Water Industries had gifted her with their latest in technology.  Talented craftsmen and scientists placed their newest and untested materials into her to extend her life and make her a combat ready creature.  Combined with her already impressive array of powers, the team felt confident in her abilities.  The Cadre of Guardians seemed a good start for the woman.  Her enlistment was no surprise to anyone, though a few balked at what her reputation might bring to the team.  A demonstration of her abilities silenced most of the nay-sayers and a few greased palms silenced the others.  Meredith felt assured she would find her place here and find the man responsible for hurting her and humiliating her.  Little did she know that the very man that had cut her life from her and also been the one to set her on this course.  Maestro was the man that lead the development team for Dark Water Industries, the very man who had designed and implanted into her all the tools she now employed. 

Elven Sex Goddess

PhantomPistoleer

Commander James Manning
Specialization:  Paramilitary/Superhuman Liaison
Code Name: 

PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+15)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 10 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Treatment 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 8, Evasion, Fast Grab, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Jack-of-All-Trades, Last Stand, Leadership, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Equipment:
"Load-Out"
"Kevlar Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (20) -- (27)
AE: "Pair of Automatic Pistols" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
AE: "Standard Rifle" Blast 7 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (16)
AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
AE: "Rocket Launcher" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Five Shots) (Standard Action -2) (16)
AE: "Flare Grenades" Dazzle Visuals 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
AE: "Tear Gas Grenades" Affliction 4 (Dazed & Vision Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)

Tech:
Camera, CommLink, Audio Recorder, Binoculars, Night Vision Goggles, Flashlight, Gas Mask, Multi-Tool, Rebreather, Cutting Torch (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Knife +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Rifle +13 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Automatic Rifle +13 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Pistol +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Grenades +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Flash/Tear Gas Grenades +4 Area (+4 Ranged Affliction, DC 14)
Rocket Launcher +9 Area (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4 (Kevlar +6, +7 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (The United States):

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 33 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 21 (150)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Good to go PhantomPistoleer.    Go ahead and swap him out with citizen in character database.

For those not yet with character done.   Let us know if your need help with making your character in putting a concept to game build.   

TFcommando

I had some ideas for Mecha that'd cut down on the need for Variable (or so much Variable)

Try these as alternate powers...

Ranged Damage with 2 points of Variable Descriptor and a limitation or quirk for Requires Suitable Technology Items.  That'd let her make anything into any weapon.  Indirect might work for making flying gun drones too. 

Create with Precise, Subtle, Permanent, Movable, Innate and a Proportional limitation based off of the same Requires Suitable Technology.  So she could turn any tech object into any other tech object, permanently, and it'd it's work as that object, and look like it... but it'd all be based on the mass rank of the object she was transforming, so she could make a cellphone into anything the size of a cellphone, but not a car.    Movable would let her make flying drones, again.

Healing with Affects Objects (and affects Objects Only) to make repairs on things.

Summon, as already mentioned.

That'd cover a whole lot, and you could put in any other powers you'd think she'd be doing often as well, and a rank or two of Variable for things you overlooked, or else go with Inventing and Quickness  to speed it up, with a limitation of requiring the power's rank in suitable tech mass.

I'm still torn and not wanting to step on anyone's niche, and with Mecha as the master of all technology, a lesser tech character might be lesser.

The golden age legacy character might have a legacy vehicle, something unique, like a flying submarine or anti-grav/magnetic repulsion airship.  Though the agency might have wanted to take it apart and see how it ticks and she'd be hard-pressed to say no... that's a hard one to work around.  Also had the idea that her bookish friend was the one who found the legacy gear, and she, being more athletic, was the one that got to put on the suit, take up the device and go crimefighting, as the bookish girl stays at home and helps via radio (a side character ally if anyone'd want to play it).  Not sure either of those would work, being dependent on people/things that aren't always around. 

Regarding the partial armor power armor character who found, rather than invented it, perhaps it could be even more exotic, like a Guyver unit symbiote, or part of one... it just covers the arms and shoulders, say. 

For the growing amazon, she might have been a "normal" heroine ala Batgirl before being captured by a villain and experimented on or accidentally exposed to the growing agent. 

Hope to narrow it down by tonight.  Been feeling a bit blah from allergies.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Ghostraven

I updated Mecha with the revisions that ESG had mentioned. I also included the defense block.
I think all the crunchy stuff is finished; let me know if anything looks wrong.

I'll work on her background a bit more and see about including Dark Water Industries somewhere. *DumDumDUMMMM*

TTYL

Ghostraven

Powers: 57

Power:             | Base:    | Extras:  | Flaws:   | Ranks:   | Flat Mod:| Total:   |
SUMMON (CONTROL)  2   4   5 12 -5   7
TRANSFORM (CONTROL)  5   0   3 12 -6 18
Cyberhair    3 - - - - 3
Interface Jack 4 - - - - 4
Neural Boosters 5 - - - - 5
Cyber Eyes 10 - - - - 10
Battle Armor 13 - - - -3 10

SUMMON (CONTROL): Action: Standard • Range: Close • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank, Mental Link: Flat +1 point, Multiple Minions: +2 cost per rank, Variable Type: Broad Type: +2 cost per rank, ACTIVATION: Flat-1 (Move Action), CHECK REQUIRED (FLAT -5) (Technology), GRAB-BASED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Touch), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Technology Only), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Requires Object), REMOVABLE (-2 COST PER RANK)(Must stay in contact with Summon)

TRANSFORM (CONTROL), Action: Standard • Range: Close • Duration: Sustained • Cost: 5 points per rank, ACTIVATION: Flat-1 (Move Action), CHECK REQUIRED (FLAT -5)(Technology) GRAB-BASED (-1 COST PER RANK), LIMITED (-1 COST PER RANK)(Technology Only), FADE (-1 COST PER RANK)(Nanite Supply)

(These are right from the rules)
Cyberhair: Extra Limb 1, Elongation 2 (Limited to Cyberhair Only), Feature 1 (change color and texture) [3 points]
Interface Jack: Comprehend Machines 2 [4 points]
Neural Boosters: Enhanced Advantage (Improved Initiative) 2 point, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Seize Initiative), Quickness 2 [5 points]
Cybereyes: Senses (Visual) 5, Immunity 5 (vision-dependent attacks)[10 Points] <DARKVISION; INFRAVISION, DANGER SENSE, RAPID>
Battlesuit: Removable (-3); Armor: Protection 6, Flight 2, Rippers 3 (claws) (13-3)

Abilities: 44

Ability:| Value:| Cost:|
Strength (Str) 0 0
Stamina (Sta) 0 0
Dexterity (Dex) 2 4
Agility (Agl) 2 4
Fighting (Ftg) 4 8
Intellect (Int) 8 16
Awareness (Awe) 2 4
Presence (Pre) 2 4

Advantages: 9

Advantage: | Value: | Cost: |
Wealthy 3 3
Attractive 2 2 2
SM (Technology) 1 1
Improvised Tools 1 1
Inventor 1 1
Second Chance 1 1

Skills: 23

Skill:                | Value: | Cost: |
Expertise: Engineering 5 2.5
Expertise: Science 10 5
Unarmed (Close) 4 2
Rippers (Close) 4 2
Insight 4 2
Investigation 4 2
Perception 4 2
Technology 10 5
Vehicles 5 2.5
Total   23

Defences: 14

Defence:  | Value: | Cost:  |
Dodge: 6 4
Parry: 6 2
Will 6 4
Fortitude 3 2
Toughness 3 2
Total   14

Offense   
INITIATIVE +6
Unarmed (Close)   8
Rippers (Close)   10

MOTIVATION:
Doing Good
Thrills

Totals 57+44+9+26+14 = 150

Elven Sex Goddess

I am fine with the summon transform combo.  I like the fact you were thoughtful in creation to include the multiple minions.    I see them as small robotics of a technology nature.   That you can transform with your skill and ability with technology.   

Its late,  I have gone over it.  Its approve go ahead and place in the character roster database.    Thank you.   

TFcommando

Looks good to me.  Two suggestions come to mind.  You took:

Unarmed (Close)   4   2
Rippers (Close)           4   2

You could replace that at the same cost with the Close Attack advantage at 4, giving you the same skill with unarmed and rippers, plus other unarmed combat moves such as grapples and disarms and any other melee weapons she might make or pick up.  You could also take Close Attack 2, lower the Parry defense by 2 and raise the Fighting stat by 2 for the same result.  Possibly as Enhanced stat/enhanced advantage if you want it to represent a combat computer, chipped fighting skills or the like instead of natural ability.  It's all flavor as far as that goes.

For the Summon and Transform powers, you could use the Alternate Power rules... you buy the most expensive power at full price, then get the other one at just one point, with the drawback that you can only use one per turn.  It looks like she can already only use one per turn since both are grab-based and she'd have to let go of a summon to do a transform, or vice-versa.  That would save you 6 points.  You could buy other alternate powers for 1 point each, as long as they cost no more than the 18 of the most expensive one. 

I really like the visuals of her cyberhair too. :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Ghostraven

Thanks ESG :-)
I'll post her early tomorrow and I'll work on her background a bit too.

TTYL

Ghostraven

TFcommando

Giant former Batgirl type is hung up on points, went over budget.

Golden Age legacy heroine still needs a good gimmick (invisibility/cloaking device is one).  Possible name: Sphinx (or Ms. or Lady...)

Yet another new idea... a sorceress from the 1960s, a student who had a mystical awakening, fought funky threats, then confronted a big bad in a dimension where time moved fast and she emerges in the modern day.  A variety of blast spells, some teleporting, maybe minor shapeshifting for movement forms, centaur, mermaid and the like. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Quote from: Muse on May 09, 2015, 05:17:08 AM
  I love the sorceress idea!  :)

And she would be into free love, drugs and the best age of music ever. Oh and Frankenstein might have met her at Woodstock she misses Woodstock they ,for one, treated her the same as anyone else.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes and she have a ready made enemy a villain gang  the Ganja gang   with Rasta-Man,  Mary Jane and Beatnik   

TFcommando

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on May 09, 2015, 09:21:32 AM
Yes and she have a ready made enemy a villain gang  the Ganja gang   with Rasta-Man,  Mary Jane and Beatnik   

"I looked them up and now they're running a dispensary in Colorado!"

I've had a sorceress character on the last three games here and thought I'd try something different, but fate has decreed I try it again! :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 09, 2015, 08:36:55 AM
And she would be into free love, drugs and the best age of music ever. Oh and Frankenstein might have met her at Woodstock she misses Woodstock they ,for one, treated her the same as anyone else.

Good thought!  Frankenstein might be the one who invites her to the team when she arrives in the modern day.  The sheet is coming along nicely, just need to flesh out her origin a bit and think up a good name, always the tricky part for me.

But in short, she was a serious, buttoned down student who wasn't into all this wild stuff, until she got dragged to a party with sex and drugs, or went there for research, and then her consciousness was raised, her third eye opened... she found herself levitating and seeing strange things, but unlike most who feel that way, it was really happening, and giant lizard men really were trying to drag off some of the other partygoers!  She was able to see the cosmic energy of the universe and manipulate it too, saving those people.

And so she set out on her funky career as a superhero, battling cultists, mystical threats from beyond reality, Soviet ESP program agents and other weird things.

Besides the usual sorcery powers of blasting stuff and teleporting, plus a "blissful touch" affliction to make people feel too good to fight, I'm picturing some esoteric enhanced vision powers, Mystical Awareness, Penetrates Illusion, things like that.  Maybe Uncontrollable Precognition, perhaps with Only While Asleep. 

Complications will include a secret ID (working at a used bookstore, since unusual people don't stand out that much there), an "Out of time" one for how she's not in step with current attitudes and might miss current references and a power loss relating to needing to keep her consciousness raised by a certain amount of sex and/or drugs... she might run short on power like Spidey runs out of web fluid.  Possibly an enemy as well, a demon-run cult that's adapted to current trends and has a lot of members, and a grudge against her from sealing away their boss.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in