Game of Thrones: Who will sit on the Iron Throne when the dust clears?

Started by RubySlippers, July 13, 2017, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm going to say, Cersei, seriously I'll give my points on this.

1. She is ON the Iron Throne.

2. All her enemies are going to hate the others so will divert their resources and efforts.

3. Danny even with three dragons and a huge army the Horde are not experienced in deep snow and ice while their biggest threat the White Walker army IS and will have the magic to counteract Danny and even possibly her dragons if she cripples her army finishing off this threat the Lannister forces could possibly win.

4. Arya the wild card will have to kill the Mountain to get to his mistress so as a super strong zombie how do you stop him?

5. No one would expect it, Danny will not be likely to take the throne and Jon Snow is too obvious so it would be a vicious irony they make her the winner.  >:)

6. Cersie has Jamie if he doesn't kill her but takes over the campaigns he is a deadly tactical mind and knows politics he could keep her going.

7. Cersie doesn't give a crap seriously she will do what she needs to hold her throne and will play the risks to their full advantage.

Raziel

I hope Danny but I don't know, you made some good points about why she wouldn't and with her army she's strong but let's face it her big hitters are her Dragons, she loses them and that's like her ace in the hole gone. In video game terms those Dragons make her a little overpowered in comparison to everybody else, meaning she'd either lose them or creatively they'll get nerfed so they aren't as powerful. At the very least she loses one or two of her 3 Dragons with Drogon the one left standing, that way she's not as powerful but still has Drogon. Plus we've seen a few hints of what might be her fathers madness creeping in...

I don't think it will be Cersei, she's done far too much bad stuff over the series that you'd think she has to get her comeuppance eventually, not that it will be easy to do considering like you said she is on the Iron Throne already. Jamie gives her the advantage with his tactical mind and political knowledge however I think he could be the one to kill her. He was a bad guy and hated by most people until he got away from her, he's pretty much been good ever since. In the time away when he returns and sees what she's done it's possible that he's see how evil she truly is, he might try to change her first but in the end could kill her, he would make a good King so maybe he takes the Throne.

It's possible a Stark could go on the Throne although like you said Jon Snow is too obvious, unless he makes an alliance with Danny. Arya's a wildcard like you said, if anybody it could be Sansa, she's been learning the game and becoming a stronger character and she's got whatever it is she's got going with Littlefinger who has been around the Throne a lot, depending on how things go between her and Jon, Sansa has a good shot of taking the Throne if she allys with Littlefinger

My money is still on Danny though to take the Throne, if she holds it for a long time however is another question entirely.

Iniquitous

Not Cersei.  The prophecy she was told when she was a child told her of her death, so we know it won't be her.  (And before the argument that prophecies aren't always right - hers has been right to the letter so far.)

I am actually thinking it will either be Dany or Sansa.  I suspect that Arya will survive to the end (lord I hope so - I love that girl) but I do not see her taking the throne.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Cryptic

Here's how I see it happening...

After Davos and Brienne appeal to Dany for use of the dragon glass mine Jon Snow and her will unite against Cersei Lannister, though in return for all that, Jon will tell Dany that the north is no longer part of the seven kingdoms, so they will become allies in a sense to go against all their enemies. The Dornish will most likely throw their swords in with Dany cause that's what Martell always wanted, since his sister was killed, though he would demand that she marry into his family.

I see Bran being Jon's hand, because of his ability to see past, present, and future though also being a warg, I see him bonding to one of Dany's dragons to become the "Wolf with wings" Tyrion will still be Dany's hand, though he would also be the ambassador between the two kingdoms, as will Bran. Arya will be the new Master of Whispers because of her ability to change her face. Clegane will earn his forgiveness with Jon when the homeward knights march upon east watch by the sea and become a lord commander of one of the towers that Jon will rebuild for the night's watch.
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

greenknight

Not having read the books, all of the following is predicated on them written as works of history or historical fiction.

Whose tale or arc presents them in the most favorable? That's who wins because that's whose (or whose line's) favor the fictitious author seeks. Based on that, Dany or Jon are the clear favorites, as is Tyrion. (Perhaps successively, as either or both fail to produce an heir and the author seeks favor of a cousin's line. Each has lost the love of their life, though Jon and Lyanna Mormont are as a conceivable political marriage as Dany and Jon. Would Tyrion and Sansa be held still valid?)
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Iniquitous

Dorne has already sided with Dany - both in the books and on the show.  Last season ended with the Sand Snakes bringing the eunuch out to meet the Queen of Thorns when offering her the chance for vengeance.

There is no chance for Jon and Lyanna Mormont to become an item - to my recollection there is not even a Lyanna Mormont in the books.  Matter of fact, Jon is still dead in the books (end of Dance with Dragons).  The most common theory is Jon will join up with Dany - and since the Targaryans married brother to sister and niece to nephew, these two would end up marrying in order to join together the whole of Westeros.  And since Dany told Daario to remain behind because she knew she was going to have to make alliances and marriage was one of the ways to make said alliances, this makes sense.  (Dany is not going to accept a fractured kingdom - the north freeing itself to become it's own kingdom and ally with Dany is not even an option.)

No one is even bringing up the greatest threat here and the trailer had Davos nailing it on the head - it isn't going to matter who's skeleton sits on the Iron Throne.  These people have a very large problem marching on them, and so far, only one of the main players is concerned about this.  Based on GRRM's willingness to kill off his characters, it is entirely possible that none of them get the Iron Throne.  Add in that GRRM does NOT do happy endings AND he has said in an interview that there will be no happy ending to this series, I think we should prepare ourselves for the fact that every single one of them dies.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

greenknight

Quote from: Iniquitous on July 17, 2017, 01:41:43 AM
Add in that GRRM does NOT do happy endings AND he has said in an interview that there will be no happy ending to this series,
Got it, the White Walkers win and winter goes on forever. ;)
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Stella

It'll be Dany, Jon and Tyrion as the Three Heads of the Dragon.

FeveredDreams

I'm thinking Bran,  though,  I believe he's going to turn himself into some sort of terrible time tyrant.     GRRRRRRRRM seems to love showing that power corrupts,  and Bran is the most powerful human in the series.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

RubySlippers

Quote from: Iniquitous on July 16, 2017, 11:10:19 PM
Not Cersei.  The prophecy she was told when she was a child told her of her death, so we know it won't be her.  (And before the argument that prophecies aren't always right - hers has been right to the letter so far.)

I am actually thinking it will either be Dany or Sansa.  I suspect that Arya will survive to the end (lord I hope so - I love that girl) but I do not see her taking the throne.

I know it however it didn't say when she would lose the throne and she was Queen twice once as wife to her husband and again when she took power, if the one to was to replace her was Margaery she broke the chain and if not then there is Danny and Sansa in play to replace her and Danny is the most likely one which makes me thinks it won't be her. If Sansa marries Jaime Lannister she could claim the throne as Queen and he her consort and she would have his army and could take out Danny if she is weakened with the War with the Night's King. I know it would be an unlikely match but she would take her brother off the table on Danny's side and on her side and she has the status to claim the North. And without Cersei no other kingdoms would likely oppose allying with her if its a choice between her or the child of the Mad King and the Stark name is immensely respected.

And odd political alliances have happened before.

Envious

In my head:

Cersei dies. Jamie walks away from being a Lanister. Dany and Jon sac themselves to stop the White Walkers. Arya ends up in the service of the Faceless man thing. Bran becomes removed through is abilities. Tyrion and Sansa arrive in positions of power.

TheHighwayHitman

I know this is old, but I'm new and season 7 is over. I want it to be Cersei myzelf.

But, you have to look into Martin's mind. It's never the obvious choice until it becomes too obvious. He has also confirmed it will be bitter sweet. And the foreshadowing at the end of season six is Dany's death just before she gets the throns.

I would have said Little Finger or Sansa, but they are obvious. So the too obvious, bittersweet end is Jon Snow who turns it down and makes the five kingdoms a democracy.

Stella

I'm starting to think there won't be an Iron Throne - Westeros will be laid waste, or broken up into smaller kingdoms again.

TheHighwayHitman

Which is also possible if the white walkers win.

But for now, Cersei Lannister is #StillMyQueen

:D

wander

Bittersweet hints to me of a great sacrifice to beat the White Walkers or even a pryhhic victory. Remember Martin hates normal fantasy tropes and he's going to turn things on his end if the ending for the books comes by.

I do think the White Walkers will be defeated, though what will be lost for that, may be fairly mighty.

TheHighwayHitman

And Dany is the villain of the story. She hits all of the tropes.

Villains wear black, heroes wear white. He flips that around.
Villains are ugly or deformed, heroes are beatutiful and handsome. He flips that around.
Long monologues get you killed.
Overconfidence gets you killed.
Starting a war gets you killed.

She hits them all.

And think of the Darth Vader effect. Or the Magneto effect. Sooner or later a villain does something that makes you cheer for them. When Cersei blew up the High Sparrow and all of his little sparrows, each one of us went "YES!!!" And when whats her name was fed to the Mountain? We knew that Shame line was coming. The Sand Snakes?

The most bittersweet way to end it for me is with Cersei still on the throne as Westeros burns.

Lithos

I have a feeling that the world might change quite a bit, maybe there won't be throne to take. I have no absolute faith in any of the characters making it through the end... I hope that Arya does, but she would not take any throne. Maybe all the big players die in one way or another and Tyrion gets the throne, that would be quite the black horse.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

wander

There is a possibility that noone gets the Iron Throne, though I don't think everyone will die. For sure some main faces are gonna bite it, though I see some getting out of it in some shape or form.

Aifa Yasha Jaganshi

Maybe a person that is not born yet?  like the child of Daenerys and Jon snow?  It depends on how far ahead the last season is. I mean they did strongly imply that something happened. I am not sure if that would be considered a "happy ending" or not since we will not get one. Maybe Jon and Daenerys both die and the baby is left.
Some day we will all wake up and realize that; the decisions we made  to define our adult life were made by a teenager, a stoned teenager.