Favorite Movie Quote?

Started by BlueCitrusSky, February 11, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue bunny sparkle

Quote from: Quick on June 13, 2015, 08:25:49 PM
"I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die…"

Roy Batty played by Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner.

Oh wow! I loved that part!

That was such a powerful moment!

Twisted Crow

Quote from: blue bunny sparkle on July 10, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
Oh wow! I loved that part!

That was such a powerful moment!

second.... the Tears In Rain speech in Bladerunner is just epic. The best part of that was that (according to Ridley Scott).... that was completely improvised. Ad lib and all. Freaking amazing.

SapphireHaven

"Remember that you are a human being with a soul and the divine gift of articulate speech: that your native language is the language of Shakespeare and Milton and The Bible; and don’t sit there crooning like a bilious pigeon!" -Henry Higgins, My Fair Lady
O/O

Piper

"You're killing me, Smalls!" - The Sandlot

Knightshadow

"It's clear to me now that I have been moving toward you and you toward me for a long time."

The Bridges of Madison County
My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

Lady Shadow

"I won't think about it today, I will think about it tomorrow, for after all tomorrow is another day"

Scarlett O'Hara - Gone with the Wind
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

gaggedLouise

"-Do you habitually destroy every vehicle you get into?
-Standard operations procedure.
- (scoffs) Boys with toys."

Bond and his lady in Goldeneye

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Captain Maltese

Sam Spade, in The Maltese Falcon:

- When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it. And it happens we're in the detective business. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it's-it's bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

silentwalrus227

A true classic that says so much with so little.

*Wilhelm scream*- Various movies

Lady Shadow

Quote from: silentwalrus227 on January 10, 2017, 08:16:24 AM

Oh my god that's one of my favorites too! Its been in SO MANY movies!
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
~Elvis Presley~

Nico

Oh, there's quite a few I really like, but this one just came to mind:

"Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?"

- From "GoodFellas"

Captain Maltese

From Casablanca:

Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Beguile's Mistress

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."—Kevin Spacey as Roger “Verbal” Kint in The Usual Suspects

Although, on November 8, 2016, he kind of let things slip.

AmberStarfire

I like this one from Dangerous Beauty:

Veronica Franco: I confess that as a young girl I loved a man who would not marry me for want of a dowry. I confess I had a mother who taught me a different way of life, one I resisted at first but learned to embrace. I confess I became a courtesan, traded yearning for power, welcomed many rather than be owned by one. I confess I embraced a whore's freedom over a wife's obedience. I confess I find more ecstacy in passion than in prayer. Such passion is prayer. I confess I pray still to feel the touch of my lover's lips. His hands upon me, his arms enfolding me... Such surrender has been mine. I confess I pray still to be filled and enflamed. To melt into the dream of us, beyond this troubled place, to where we are not even ourselves. To know that always, this is mine. If this had not been mine-if I had lived any other way-a child to her husband's will, my soul hardened from lack of touch and lack of love... I confess such endless days and nights would be a punishment far greater than you could ever mete out. You, all of you, you who hunger so for what I give yet cannot bear to see that kind of power in a woman. You call God's greatest gift-ourselves, our yearning, our need to love-you call it filth and sin and heresy... I repent there was no other way open to me. I do not repent my life.

Nico

"A double bed can seem awfully small if you're sharing it with someone you don't love."

Captain Maltese

From "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead":

Guildenstern: I don't believe in it anyway.

Rosencrantz: What?

Guildenstern: England.

Rosencrantz: Just a conspiracy of cartographers, you mean?

Nico

Not a movie per se, but a TV Show. This whole scene is right up my alley. Intense, erotic and just OMG.  XD

From - "Sherlock - A Scandal in Belgravia"

Mycroft: Here you are, the dominatrix who brought a nation to its knees. Nicely played.
Sherlock: No.
Irene Adler: Sorry?
Sherlock: I said, no. Very very close, but no. You got carried away. The game was too elaborate. You were enjoying yourself too much.
Irene Adler: No such thing as too much.
Sherlock: Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.
Irene Adler: Sentiment. What are you talking about?
Sherlock: You.
Irene Adler: Oh dear god, look at the poor man. You don’t actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you’re the great Sherlock Holmes? The clever detective in the funny hat?
Sherlock: No. Because I took your pulse.
Sherlock: When we first met you told me that disguise is always a self portrait—how true of you. The combination to your safe, your measurements. But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn’t resist it, could you? I’ve always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
Irene Adler: Everything I said, it’s not real. I was just playing the game.
Sherlock: I know. And this is just losing.

DudelRok

Quote from: silentwalrus227 on January 10, 2017, 08:16:24 AM

I was watching a movie a bit ago where a guy died, the scream went off and the main character said, "Wilhelm, NO!"

I am upset with myself that I do not recall which one. :\

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Captain Maltese

From Unforgiven, one of the harder westerns to watch:

The Schofield Kid: [after killing a man for the first time] It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Lady Shadow

~Elvis Presley~

Damned Eternally

"Command Master Chief. SUCK MY DICK!"
Damned's Dirty Mind / My Games / Damned's Ideas
Tentatively Available for Games

My A's and A's
Updated 09/08/2018 14th Oct 2016

Not a daily poster, muse has been preoccupied with earning cash.

MelisaArtemis

Deckard Shaw: *sniff* is that you or him? ... Him, good.

Quote from: Nico on January 15, 2017, 04:08:12 AM
Not a movie per se, but a TV Show. This whole scene is right up my alley. Intense, erotic and just OMG.  XD

From - "Sherlock - A Scandal in Belgravia"

Mycroft: Here you are, the dominatrix who brought a nation to its knees. Nicely played.
Sherlock: No.
Irene Adler: Sorry?
Sherlock: I said, no. Very very close, but no. You got carried away. The game was too elaborate. You were enjoying yourself too much.
Irene Adler: No such thing as too much.
Sherlock: Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.
Irene Adler: Sentiment. What are you talking about?
Sherlock: You.
Irene Adler: Oh dear god, look at the poor man. You don’t actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you’re the great Sherlock Holmes? The clever detective in the funny hat?
Sherlock: No. Because I took your pulse.
Sherlock: When we first met you told me that disguise is always a self portrait—how true of you. The combination to your safe, your measurements. But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn’t resist it, could you? I’ve always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
Irene Adler: Everything I said, it’s not real. I was just playing the game.
Sherlock: I know. And this is just losing.

Well... There is also the:

Mary: Solve it
Sherlock: what?
Mary:  The case. He said it, you solve the trick and he'll open the door.
Sherlock: I couldn't solve it before, what makes you think I can do it now?
Mary: Because it matters now.
Sherlock: what are you talking about? Control your wife.
Watson: No, she is right. Shut up. You're not a problem solver, you never was. You're a drama queen. A man is about to die in there, the game is on. Now solve it!

Nico

From a TV show, but hey. ;)

"Forgiveness is too great and difficult for one person. It requires two: the betrayer and the betrayed." - Bedelia du Maurier, Hannibal TV Series

Rhael

"People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people." - V, V for Vendetta.
~~ Current Status: Unavailable (7/7 RPs) || My O/O Thread || 1x1 Wanted Roleplays ~~

Captain Maltese

"What do you see when you are in the dark, and the demons come?"
- In The Line Of Fire