Between a Rock & a Hard Place ((Interest check/Recruiting/NEEDS PLAYERS))

Started by Milanthe, January 19, 2009, 01:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milanthe

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Yes... You're drunk... But he's from a different pack girl. A different world. Don't do it... Don't do it... *Hours later* Fuck... I did it... Or rather him...

((XD)) Katherine is a Null. Meaning if it's magic, you can't do it around her. Vampires can't roll people, stringing them around their fingers, witches can't cast spells, warlocks can't make enchantments, runes and charms of luck and love are pretty much useless if she's about. Even were's can't change forms around her. So of course, she's the perfect person to hire when your group of paranormals needs to meet with another group of paranormals from another city. Or hell, if you need to go to theirs, just offer enough money and she'll go with you. Which is exactly what the wolf pack of Dallas, TX did when the pack Leader needed to speak with the Were Pack leader of LA. Things went great at the meeting, a little too great if you asked Kathy. She didn't mean to sleep with the unmated Alpha of LA, but oopsie, fifteen shots of whiskey later, she did. And now if she doesn't go back to LA with him, Dallas's wolf pack will have to fight off his MUCH bigger pack. And she would have been totally fine with it... If she weren't allready engaged to the Master Vampire of Dallas. What the fuck is a girl supposed to do?

~~~

Ok, when I originally thought up this idea, I thought maybe 3 people max.  Now I've got a girl who wants to be an antagonist in this little plot, and I realize, it just might be a good enough plotline to hold a few others and still hold it's own in an RP.  Meaning multiple romances for everyone.  Right now, I've got a few places planned, but people can make their own.  I'm just mainly wondering who's interested and if they're interested who do they want to play?  The parts are first come first serve.  Once we get the MV of Dallas and the Alpha of LA and Dallas, we can start.  However, just because we've started doesn't mean more people can't join in!

And yes, this is the second time I've posted this.  The first time was kinda chaotic, so...  Yeah.  Here's a brand new spanking thread.  When you put up who you want to be, put the number that it's assigned as well please.

((TBNBP = To Be Named By Player))

Katherine:  Exelis
MV of Dallas ((TBNBP 1)):  TBN
MV of LA ((TBNBP 2)):  William Bristol aka William of Bristol ((Caehlim))
Alpha of Dallas ((TBNBP 3)):  Darious Soultair ((Bloodsoul))
Alpha of LA((TBNBP 4)):  Garret Christopher Greypelt ((Devilstrike))
Vampires of Dallas:
             Female Vampires(5): ((TBNBPs))
             Male Vampires(6):   ((TBNBPs))
Vampires of LA:
             Female Vampires(7): [/b]((TBNBPs))
             Male Vampires(8): [/b]((TBNBPs))
Weres of Dallas ((You don't have to be just a were wolf, you can be other animals as well.)):
             Female Weres(9): [/b]  Tyler Louvel - a shifter not a where, but is an active member of the Dallas Weres Pack.  ((Thaleia)), Alexandra (Alex) Johns ((Bella)), ((TBNBPs))
             Male Weres(10): [/b]((TBNBPs))
Weres of LA:
             Female Weres(11): [/b]  River Brehman ((Sakia Warner)), ((TBNBPs))
             Male Weres(12): [/b]((TBNBPs))

Specific Romance Parts I'd like to see others play than the triad that you can sign up for now just to save us a headache:

Were of DallasxWere of LA:
             ((TBNBP13))x((TBNBP14))
Vampire of DallasxWere of Dallas:
             ((TBNBP15))x((TBNBPs16))

OOC Thread:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29282.0
Profile Thread:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29281.0
Dallas Thread:  ((Needs to be made))
LA Thread:  ((Needs to be Made))
MV of D's Place:  ((Needs to be made))
MV of LA's Place:  ((Needs to be made))
Alpha of D's Den/Place:  ((Needs to be made))
Alpha of LA's Den/Place:  ((Needs to be made))
Katherine's Place:  ((Needs to be made))
Hotel:  ((Needs to be made))
Bar:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29283.0
Park:  ((Needs to be made))

Rules:

1.  Exelis is the GM, pay heed to all she says.
2.  In OOC, don't go pissing off people for jollies or by being an idiot.  No insults.  You will get one warning before you are blacklisted for this.
3.  Exelis reserves the right to add more rules as necessary.
4.  Unless you're in a hotel room/your house/other places of privacy please don't muck up this RP with pointless smut.  If it's something about paying your allegiance to your alpha/MV, allright.  But please don't go 'hey your smexy' 'your smexy too' Together:  'LETS DO IT!' *Romps where they are*  ...  Yeah, that'll put you on the black list. 
5.  Black listers are to be shunned in the RP.  There's a reason they were blacklisted.  Just ignore their posts.
6.  I know a lot of people hate OOC in the RP, but if it's just a small question that you have ((I.E.  I thought we were going to McDonalds/Sonic/Some place to eat?))  Go ahead.  It'll help the RP move along and keep you from being stuck untill someone finally takes a look at the OOC thread.
7.  Have fun.
8.  Do not PM me about interest in this thread.  Just post here!
Back from the deadish...  I hope...  Is deadish a word?

Caehlim

I'd be very interested in this game.

If you'd have me, I'd like to play (2) the master vampire of L.A. by the sounds of it he's not caught up in the twisted love triangle, I see him as playing the politics on this one. Trying to see the problem resolved with as much advantage to himself as possible, without bringing trouble to the vampires of L.A. Maybe using this to take the L.A. were pack down a peg and make sure they aren't meaningful opposition to his control of the city.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Milanthe

Hm, well I would welcome other races as well, I was just posting up the main races, Thaleia.  Gimme a little more info on what you're wanting to be and we'll see.  And Cahlim, SURE!  Just gimme a name and I'll put you up. 

Milanthe

Lol, that's actually what I was kinda planning for weres to be in the first place.  They can choose when they change, though how easily they can depends on how long they've been a were.  The longer you've been the more controle you have.  The younger you are, the more likely you are to change involuntarrily when you're emotions are high or when the moon is full. 

I'm not really sure about any animal though for your character though.  I'm planning on realistic magic for this RP, and changing into any animal she sees isn't quite 'realistic'.  Perhaps she can change into any animal she's studdied to a great extent, allowing her a few animals to change into but also making the magic that makes it possible something hard to accomplish.  This world isn't a world where magic is easy as pie, it's where magic is hard and gritty at times.  The only time it isn't is if you just let it flow - and usually that sort of magic turns out to be either useless, annoying, or harmful.  Katherine's magic falls into the harmful and annoying category, because if she doesn't keep it under controle, she can block out magic for a five mile radius.  It's something she has to keep constant controle over, even when she's around her fiance.  In this world, the majority of Vampires while there's a bit of biology to their change, magic is a big part of it.  If she lets the wrong aspects of her power out while she's around him, she could inadvertently kill him while it's out.  He'd probably be able to come back to 'life' if she put her power back under wraps, but that's something for me to talk over with whoever is playing her fiance.  Magic in this world is dangerous, even if it's beautiful at times. 

Milanthe

Twilight?  You mean that movie?  I didn't know it was a book.  My cousin's crazy about the movie.  She said she was on 'Team Edward'.  I watched the movie, didn't really like it.  One big ackward moment is all it seemed to me.  Anywho, my feelings on said movie aside, just kinda touch base with me on what your character can and can't do, and we should be good, Thaleia.  Just try and keep it as realistic magic as you can and it should be ok.

Milanthe

dready

would i be able to join as a vampire from the WoD gangrel clan? i sorta dislike how the basic vampire works via twilight and gangrel is technically a vampire/were at the same time though they're alot more capable to change to something different than a wolf or half-wolf their overall forms are weaker compared to a werewolf.

Milanthe

I'm not basing the vampires here from twilight.  All I've seen is the movie, and I didn't really like what I saw Vampirewise.  Vampires in this realm can be of a different 'breed' so while a vampire could be kinda sorta like a vampire from twilight, I'm wanting all vampires to be unable to walk in daylight.  Be it they fall into a death like sleep as soon as the sun comes up or they burst into flames, or just have such fair skin they get horrid sunburns.  I don't care.  Just no daywalking.  And I'm saying NO to Dampires - human/vampire children.  Vampires in this RP are dead - or rather Undead.  Meaning a guy's lil' swimmers aren't swimming, and the girl's eggs can't hatch.  

I'm afraid, Dready, that I'd rather not go the Underworld direction in this RP as well with Vampire/Were types.  A vampire can shape change, but I'm wanting pure breeds as far as races go.  A were can make a kid with another were, but as far as weres, demons, and vampires go, no intermarital children or creations between them.  No intermarital children that are half and half between weres and humans and vampires and humans.  If a Were has a kid, there's a chance the kid can be were, depending on if the mother or father is the were.  Father, kids safe, no weredome.  Mother, they treat the mother like she has HIV when they have her giving birth, not letting any blood become transfered between her and her baby.  That happens and the kid will be infected.  With were's the younger you're infected, the less likely you'll be able to survive your first transformation.  It's supposedly the most violent one they'll be going through.  If both parents are weres, it's the same deal as in a were/human pairing.  If blood is transfered in birth or afterwards, kid'll get to be a were.  Can also be changed by biting as long as they're not allready a were of some other breed.

Also, it doesn't matter what race of vampire you are, if you're in a city and living there, unless you ARE the Master of the City, then you're UNDER him.  Meaning you're a part of his clan/family/kiss/whatever we decide to call it.  There's no several different clans in one city, just one clan.  They can part into a sort of gang within the city, but ultimately, they answer to the Master.

So basically, I'm putting everyone in five groups as far as main race goes now:  Human, Gifted Human, Were, Vampire, and Demon.  Thaleia's character, I'm considering either Gifted Human or Demon - I don't know her characters history so I can't decide yet.  Your character, Dready, from what I understand would be Vampire.  The strongest Vampire in the city may not necessarily be the Master, but all of them answer to him as if he was.  If they don't, they'll probably be bleed to death by someone who's under him if not dealt with by him himself or thrown out of the city.  Only way to make it to Master Vampire is to kill the Last one.  So often times, the Master is one of the more powerful in the city.  

dready

sorry for any insult or offense taken, but i was just putting down my reasoning for wanting to have my character based from a different universe. i also wouldn't be playing a vamp+were, cause gangrel are able to be like a werewolf in the fact that they can change to an animal (though can range to any predatory animal, including insects) though are not as strong. if you want i can bring up the information and specs for a gangrel to clear up any confusion, and a clan is just a sort of bloodline that the vampire in question belongs to. sorry for making it seem like i assumed that it was being a twilight game.

that and i would like to be a vamp for dallas, though i noticed that you have 'were for dallas' in the position for 'vamp for LA'. >.> would i be able to be sort of a 'hound' for the head vamp? (note: the hound is the term for a hitman in a city who answers only to the head vamp or 'prince' in a manner, though are able to do their own personal missions as long as they keep tabs on themself for their leader) :3

though if there isn't a head vamp for dallas before the other positions needed are filled i'd be happy to be him. ^^

Kingsaber

Am kind of new here but if its all the same to you i would like to be a vamp that you know is kind of on his own doesnt really belong to anyone but if that doesnt work for ya ill be a vamp from one of the other places.

Milanthe

1ST, Kingsaber, you need to be approved.  Second:  That's not the way the dynamic of the vampires is going to work.  A lone wolf vamp would be killed by any half sane Master of the City in a second.  Love wolfs would be seen as free radicals that didn't need to be mussing things up.  Third:  I'm afraid I really don't wanna muck things up with any other cities weres, vamps and etc.  Dallas or LA.

SakiaWarner

Ooooo this sounds like a great ideas

Can you tell me more of your theories on wolves and vampires.

Classic vampires, no sunlight, no garlic, no crosses

I do like the undead part and no sunlight.
I guess I am more interested in the wolves, are you going white wolf version, a laurell hamilton version or maybe a Stephanie Meyers type?

Just seeing which folklores you're useing to base these guys off of.
"When you suffice a need, you take that singular thing under your control...even for a little while, it's yours." You want it, you need it, you HAVE it, you CONTROL it. It's yours..."

Milanthe

Laurell K Hamilton is sort of what inspired the story and much of the social network of it, however, when it comes to what type of were, I'm leaving it up to you.  I'm allowing different breeds of wolf, but they'll all be in ONE wolf pack in the City.  The focus is on the were wolves, so I'm wanting them more than any other were.  I am contemplating making it one Were pack period and not having a pack for each animal.  As for Vampires:  There are all sorts, save for two things, they're undead and something happens with them when the sun comes out.  As for Garlic, crosses, etc, I'll leave that to the individual as it will be a part of their vampire's race. 

Now, more on wolves since you asked about it:  I would LOVE to have everyone go with the LKH version, but while this RP is going to the nitty gritty of magic, I'm a little afraid people won't much like how...  gory the changes can sometimes be - such as when they're forced to change and they don't want to so their beast forms sort of just burst out and send the human form flying in little bity bits?  Personally, I say WOW COOL! (How much testosterone can a woman have???  ), but others might think OMG MY CHARACTER JUST DIED or something to that effect.  As of this RP, I'm having it kinda Underworld transformation where their bodies just sort of transform.  I imagine that sort of transformation can be dangerous to a first timer or if forced to do so it stands to reason that a were woman would have such worries about things I've said before. 

Milanthe

Well, Thaleia, I'd let you be gifted, but something of that caliber is just a little 'too gifted' to be human.  At least when I look at the magical power that would go into such changes.  And the 'Demon' race isn't necessarily all from hell.  They're just made up of the smaller majority races, including but not excluded to the races from hell, that are 'not human'.  Vampires and Weres are the majority of the paranormal simply because they come from the largest majority Humans.  Demon races while they may be able to procreate with humans, don't necessarily come from humans like Vampires and wolves do.

Milanthe

Caehlim, Dready, and SakiaWarner, I need you guys to give me your names for the RP and the number of the position you want.  Dready, can I count on you for the #1 position since you expressed interest in it?  If so, I'm gunna need a name!  :D

SakiaWarner

Quote from: exelis on January 20, 2009, 06:16:17 PM
Laurell K Hamilton is sort of what inspired the story and much of the social network of it, however, when it comes to what type of were, I'm leaving it up to you.  I'm allowing different breeds of wolf, but they'll all be in ONE wolf pack in the City.  The focus is on the were wolves, so I'm wanting them more than any other were.  I am contemplating making it one Were pack period and not having a pack for each animal.  As for Vampires:  There are all sorts, save for two things, they're undead and something happens with them when the sun comes out.  As for Garlic, crosses, etc, I'll leave that to the individual as it will be a part of their vampire's race. 

Now, more on wolves since you asked about it:  I would LOVE to have everyone go with the LKH version, but while this RP is going to the nitty gritty of magic, I'm a little afraid people won't much like how...  gory the changes can sometimes be - such as when they're forced to change and they don't want to so their beast forms sort of just burst out and send the human form flying in little bity bits?  Personally, I say WOW COOL! (How much testosterone can a woman have???  ), but others might think OMG MY CHARACTER JUST DIED or something to that effect.  As of this RP, I'm having it kinda Underworld transformation where their bodies just sort of transform.  I imagine that sort of transformation can be dangerous to a first timer or if forced to do so it stands to reason that a were woman would have such worries about things I've said before. 

Well count me in for a LKH style wolf with gore and all.
I know the books like the back of my hand and would love to play a strong female character!

Not sure what places and characters have been taken so far.
"When you suffice a need, you take that singular thing under your control...even for a little while, it's yours." You want it, you need it, you HAVE it, you CONTROL it. It's yours..."

SakiaWarner

is LA Louisiana or Los Angeles LOL..

and I guess I'd go with #11... LA wolf?

River Brehman

Milanthe

kk ty Sakia.  Though unless we've got a majority (so far it is, seeing as you're the only true were so far) wanting LKH weres, we'll probably go with Underworld style just so that eveyone involved in that afair is comfortable.  And I'll get your character up on the list (above in the first post) in the morning.

dready

Quote from: exelis on January 20, 2009, 06:56:36 PM
Caehlim, Dready, and SakiaWarner, I need you guys to give me your names for the RP and the number of the position you want.  Dready, can I count on you for the #1 position since you expressed interest in it?  If so, I'm gunna need a name!  :D
Conahoy 'Hound' Jackson :3 and sure, i'm alright with being part of the love triangle. :3

Milanthe

kk Dready, I'll put you up in the morning.  Right now I feelz too lazy.  lol Oh and btw...  I <3 your avi.  lol

dready

Belladonna1

If it's still available, I'd love to play a Dallas Were- ...?

name: Alexandra Johns (Alex)
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Caehlim

2. William of Bristol.

Though that's not a name that will appear in any public document.

Embraced at a young age, William was uncomfortable with a perpetual youthful appearance at first. Centuries old now, he has grown accustomed to it. Besides, those who know of his position within the courts of the undead and the hidden supernatural societies would never make the mistake of underestimating someone based on physical appearance.

More accustomed to subtle power than overt displays, William was never able to master mind control or reading instead becoming empathic, able to read a person's emotions and to manipulate them. Likewise he never had great supernatural strength, favouring instead blinding speed and precision. His senses are remarkable, even for a vampire, easily hearing the heartbeat of his prey from within a crowded room and picking it apart from all the others by its own unique sound. In rare combats he's most likely to wield twin short silver swords with a speed that can only be described as unnatural.

William not only accepts modern technology but adores it. Although he doesn't truly understand how it works, he finds this magic of the modern man to be extremely useful and encourages those working for him to expand their interests into the fields of science and technology.

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Belladonna1

#5)  Female vamp (Dallas)  appears to still be available- so I'll take that- o.k.?? :)
**and/or #15**
I'll use the same name Alexandra Johns-
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Milanthe

*Nods*  Sure thing Bella.  I'll get your name and make sure I get everyone elses up tonight.  I meant to get it last night, but HW and a late class kinda said - Nu-uh.  lol