litter boxes

Started by Serephino, July 23, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

I know it's important to scoop out the clumps regularly, but how often do I need to completely dump and change them? 

Beguile's Mistress

Depends on the type of litter.  The less expensive it is the more often you change it.  The clumping kind need daily scooping and a weekly empty, wash and dry, and refill of the box.

Peripherie

I use the clomping kind and my schedule is just as BeMi said. But I also use liners in my box - it makes weekly emptying and cleaning of the litter box so much easier. Sometimes my cat's claws puncture the lining but it really seems to save time/hassle.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

FortunateTaboo

Quote from: Peripherie on July 24, 2014, 03:24:03 AM
I use the clomping kind and my schedule is just as BeMi said. But I also use liners in my box - it makes weekly emptying and cleaning of the litter box so much easier. Sometimes my cat's claws puncture the lining but it really seems to save time/hassle.

Why didn't I think of that.. and my precious angel has her front paws declawed.. (adopted that way, just to clarify, came from a weed house T_T)

My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

Haibane

I de-clump my kitty's box every time I see a clump in it.

To me its the same as flushing the loo after you've used it - or not. Think how that makes kitty feel.