Interest Check: Pathfinder 2nd edition - Troubles in Otari > Abomination Vaults.

Started by Revelation, February 25, 2024, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorvoe551

This is the proper image for Eagle Eye since the original is AI. I have more backups ready to go, just in case.

Ershin

You know, the more I look at it the more I'm thinking about Thaumaturge. Chalice implement and loading up on Medicine feats and dedications to be something akin to a plague doctor.

Maybe gnoll? They seem the sort to keep a bunch of weird trinkets to do the stuff Thaumaturges do. If you're against using hyena person I'll pick up something else before finalising a concept.

Then again... Goblin magus with a gun, graceful ratfolk swashbuckler, human cleric and a bunch of others are floating around me noggin, with so many options it's hard to choose

Revelation

Quote from: Ershin on February 28, 2024, 11:16:25 AMYou know, the more I look at it the more I'm thinking about Thaumaturge. Chalice implement and loading up on Medicine feats and dedications to be something akin to a plague doctor.

Maybe gnoll? They seem the sort to keep a bunch of weird trinkets to do the stuff Thaumaturges do. If you're against using hyena person I'll pick up something else before finalising a concept.

Then again... Goblin magus with a gun, graceful ratfolk swashbuckler, human cleric and a bunch of others are floating around me noggin, with so many options it's hard to choose
I play a Thaumaturge in a game. It's a lot of fun, very unique class that provides ample roleplay opportunity. Also, Diverse Lore is probably a broken class feat but not broken enough to get nerfed.

The other character options are all quality, though.

Chances are I will throw up an official recruitment thread this weekend, possibly a day or so earlier but that depends on my work schedule.

Athem

"anime female gladiator"
Here's the pic I'm thinking of using for my former gladiator. (Computer generated, but not AI.)

Valdis, an Ulfen, still wearing the revealing armor of her gladiator days.

Hexed

more pictures as we wait. :D

One of a sylph ancestry I think.

A tiefling though not fond of the weapons.

A blazing ifrit ancestry

And then a bog standard human. :)

Revelation

Quote from: Hexed on February 29, 2024, 08:31:39 PMmore pictures as we wait. :D

One of a sylph ancestry I think.

A tiefling though not fond of the weapons.

A blazing ifrit ancestry

I believe the last is Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender who is a teen - don't think she'd work, but the others are fine.

Quote from: Athem on February 29, 2024, 01:09:37 AM
anime female gladiator
Here's the pic I'm thinking of using for my former gladiator. (Computer generated, but not AI.)

Valdis, an Ulfen, still wearing the revealing armor of her gladiator days.
CG art is fine, as well.

AndyZ

I’m still interested, but I’m not very good at this system.  Most likely I’ll ask for help when the Discord is up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sorvoe551

Just want to make sure Revelation saw my pics because they haven't been commented on yet

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chulanowa

Man I've got... A few options in my brain, lol

Leading the pack right now is a goblin barbarian

(art by Rapscallion / Chimneysweep)

Followed by an Elf Witch or Sorcerer (some sort of finger-wriggler)

(Art by Iooji)
Along with a few others

You know. nothing excessive.

Hexed

Quote from: Revelation on February 29, 2024, 08:41:53 PMI believe the last is Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender who is a teen - don't think she'd work, but the others are fine.

It's been a while but I've used that one before. I think the ruling was it was different enough to count as aged up or something. Can easily find another human alt if you'd rather. :)

Kineticist build is looking to be air/metal with fire added at first junction so I've been trying to keep that in mind when looking for pics. Not that a kineticist's gates effect their looks but still.

Quote from: AndyZ on February 29, 2024, 10:21:45 PMWhat’s the deal with Cavern Elves?  Do they look like Drow?
I think the Cavern Elves are Drow. Just renamed as part of the pull away from D&D after wizards did it's stupid in regards to open license bit.

AndyZ

Quote from: Hexed on March 01, 2024, 05:48:02 AMIt's been a while but I've used that one before. I think the ruling was it was different enough to count as aged up or something. Can easily find another human alt if you'd rather. :)

Kineticist build is looking to be air/metal with fire added at first junction so I've been trying to keep that in mind when looking for pics. Not that a kineticist's gates effect their looks but still.

I think the Cavern Elves are Drow. Just renamed as part of the pull away from D&D after wizards did it's stupid in regards to open license bit.

Thank you.  I’ve never played one because all the Lolth stuff turned me off, but they look cool.  It might be fun to play one as just a form of underground elf without all the evil stuff.

Ershin

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 01, 2024, 12:07:09 AMMan I've got... A few options in my brain, lol

(Art by Iooji)

Chula seems to have the same problem as me when making characters. Too many in the pile I think of and save for later. ._.

Revelation

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on February 29, 2024, 08:59:43 PMJust want to make sure Revelation saw my pics because they haven't been commented on yet
If you're referring to the image on the top of page 3/this page, it should be fine.

Quote from: AndyZ on February 29, 2024, 10:21:45 PMWhat’s the deal with Cavern Elves?  Do they look like Drow?
According to google, Cavern Elves aren't meant to be or replace Drow - they just appear to be Elves who live in caves. That being said, I'm not particularly going to fuss over something like that. I do know that Drow are more or less vioded out of PF2 with the core book/OGL revisions though.

Quote from: Hexed on March 01, 2024, 05:48:02 AMIt's been a while but I've used that one before. I think the ruling was it was different enough to count as aged up or something. Can easily find another human alt if you'd rather. :)
I admit the toph image would probably be a pass if only because i err towards safer than sorry. The other images would be fine, or if you wanted to find more, that's also fine.

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 01, 2024, 12:07:09 AMMan I've got... A few options in my brain, lol

(Art by Iooji)
Along with a few others

These are fine. No issues that i can see.

Quote from: Ershin on March 01, 2024, 11:28:19 AMChula seems to have the same problem as me when making characters. Too many in the pile I think of and save for later. ._.
It is a popular problem to have in my experience. So many characters, so little time.

I am working on getting the recruitment thread up tonight, but I cannot make any particular promises as to it actually being tonight. If not tonight, then tomorrow.

AndyZ

Revelation, I’ve decided to just straight up ask if it’s okay if I hit you up on Discord for help.  I think I have maybe half the character done, but I have very little PF2 experience and some stuff still confuses me.

Sorvoe551

Quote from: AndyZ on March 01, 2024, 10:05:16 PMRevelation, I’ve decided to just straight up ask if it’s okay if I hit you up on Discord for help.  I think I have maybe half the character done, but I have very little PF2 experience and some stuff still confuses me.
I can also help if you'd like. I'm in the E Discord under the same name as here if you're on there. If not, let me know and I can send you my true username there

Revelation

Recruitment thread is live.

This thread has served its purpose and while I will not lock the thread yet (So people can grab their images and stuff easily from it), this thread is now defunct and please direct all questions to the recruitment thread.