News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Slice of Life island resort [INTEREST CHECK]

Started by Lynnette, June 22, 2016, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Skippable stuff

Summer is drawing close on the northern hemisphere. The sun is shining brightly, nights are as short as can be, and you might have started to get sunburned. Perhaps you’ve planned a vacation? Or perhaps spending time at home with friends and family is all the vacation you seek.

I am writing this as an interest check for a simple, smutty slice of life game. I’m not writing this on the presumption of creating anything grand, to be fair, last time I tried to make a game that relied on continuous GM involvement at all times, it ended quite disasterly, to which I hardly wish to see a repeat of. Either way, I’ll be moving on now.

Introducing the lovely Panmay Island
A small branch island in the Okinawa prefecture of Japan, the island is located idyllically in what can only be described as a tropical paradise. The summers are burning warm, perfect for a nap under a palm-tree or a swim in the crystal blue seas surrounding the lovely island, far away from the common pollution of the “normal” world. Only accessible by boat, the islands host no more than a grand resort and a small village half an hour by foot away.

Along with the lovely tropical climate and lovely nature the island holds, the stay is accompanied by a lovely and service-set staff, largely so built up of seasonal workers in high-school age, the lucrative job being an excellent way to get a free vacation, heck, even a paid one, for some hours of labor a day.

What thoughs/plans I have for the game

As may have been guessed, it’s meant to be a smut-game, no particular bullet to doge there. The game would more or less just feature normal day-to-day interactions between visitors, employees and (possibly) locals. I’m not sure how set for smut it should be, if any employee there should be prepared to “service” any visitors, or if it should be left to time’s control, personally, I’m leaning more to the prior just to dodge a very slow start.

A lot has yet to be set in stone and all feedback will of course go to weigh these choices. I’m locked between having it be both employees and visitors, or only employees, perhaps during the pre-opening phase, staying true to the source material I’m taking heavy inspiration from, the visual novel by the name of Koisuru Natsu No Last Resort (A relatively nice VN I might add, nothing grand, but it has its moments, as well as some lovely pieces of art), which I think might work better for the long run.

Again though, this might’ve just become a mess, but, I saw no reason not to give it a go. If you so happen to be interested, add any feedback, state your opinion on matters referred, all feedback is good feedback.

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Ace Flyer

This looks like it could be fun. A simple and relaxed game to counter all the plot-heavy stuff in my Bookmarks...

Could me interested! No feedback at the moment, but, I'll ponder things a bit and let you know if I think of something! :)

LeSane

My interest has been peaked. It will be bookmarked and I will be waiting to see how this develops.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Moon Hound Hati

Let the "HIIIIIIIIIDOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIII" begin...
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

pdragon

I can definitely go fro something simple and easy. I think having the staff on hand to "service" guests would be a good play on it. Like the place advertises itself as the ultimate health and relaxation spa, and "sexual therapy" is just another service available to guests to help them unwind if they desire it.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

la dame en noir

Slice of Life is my favorite anime genre!
This sounds cute! :3
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Nintentoast

I am interested! Yay! it looks like a lot of fun!
"Plans are useless, however, planning is invaluable" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Lets see if I can put studying off for another day" -Me

Capone

Group games and I haven't gotten on well in the past, but I'll be keeping an eye on who is playing and what characters show up. Tentative interest checked.

Lynnette

I'm happy there has been as much interest so far as there has been, I think it's enough for me to start typing up some things for a recruitment thread.

Quote from: Chrystal on June 24, 2016, 05:57:44 PM
I have tentative interest. I'm sure i can come up with a character or two who would be attractive to others...

One small piece of feedback, Okinawa is subtropical, as it lies just to the North of the Tropic of Cancer...

Unless you are fictionally extending the prefecture about 50 miles south?

To be fair, I've been more focused with other aspects of the game, there is a certain limit to how far I'm going to bother for geographical accuracy, so to best answer your question, the latter option is likely what I'd go with, or something along those lines, though, again, it's not on the top of my priority-list to work out how to best please the world's cartographers.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Chrystal

Fair enough...

You know me, Lynn, I'm totally OCD about stuff like that. If I didn't point it out it would bug me. Having done so, it will not bother me any more...!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

CaptainErotica

Okinawa is great! My companies main office is there and they have a beach house that employees can use. This sounds interesting other than the fact I've never seen the source material.

Sofia Grace

i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Nintentoast

I am still interested! will the pictures need to be anime (considering the whole slice of life thing) or real people?

Chrystal

Uh... I get the feeling I'm missing something here...? To me the term "Slice of life" is a generic term referring to a story that covers the sort of every-day things that people get up to, rather than them being special people who have special adventures. Just ordinary folk coping with ordinary drama - and lets face it, there's enough of that around!

But it seems that some people are referring to something more specific?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on June 25, 2016, 05:02:52 AM
Uh... I get the feeling I'm missing something here...? To me the term "Slice of life" is a generic term referring to a story that covers the sort of every-day things that people get up to, rather than them being special people who have special adventures. Just ordinary folk coping with ordinary drama - and lets face it, there's enough of that around!

But it seems that some people are referring to something more specific?

You're more or less on point, slice of life typically refers to everyday life, yes. However, it's not ultra-specific about which aspects of life it refers to, it primarily refers to a story catering around a setting that doesn't have anything directly special about it, nor any distinct degree of progression, that there is no end station so to say.

Quote from: Nintentoast on June 24, 2016, 10:14:20 PM
I am still interested! will the pictures need to be anime (considering the whole slice of life thing) or real people?

Yes, partially for the sake of having a standard and partially because I'm personally not all too big on actors etcetera.

Quote from: CaptainErotica on June 24, 2016, 08:40:04 PM
Okinawa is great! My companies main office is there and they have a beach house that employees can use. This sounds interesting other than the fact I've never seen the source material.

There's no reason to look into the source material, it's nothing spectacular, I just liked the setting :P
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Inari

Just popping in to say this looks really awesome and I will be keeping an eye on it.

Also grabbing the Slice of life term from Kissanime:

"Anime with no clear central plot. This type of anime tends to be naturalistic and mainly focuses around the main characters and their everyday lives. Often there will be some philosophical perspectives regarding love, relationships, life etc. tied into the anime. The overall typical moods for this type of anime are cheery and carefree, in other words, it is your 'feel-good' kind of anime. Some anime that are under the slice of life genre are: Ichigo Mashimaro, Fruits Basket, Aria the Natural, Honey and Clover, and Piano."

Chrystal

Okay, seeing as this game seems to have a lot of tentative interest, I'm going to throw my hat in the ring very firmly and say I'm going to make a character who will be the owner of a "traditional" European style bar, serving all sorts of drinks and "home cooked" food...

Boob Face claim:

Does that work?

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chrystal

AndyZ

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on June 25, 2016, 05:39:39 AM
Okay, seeing as this game seems to have a lot of tentative interest, I'm going to throw my hat in the ring very firmly and say I'm going to make a character who will be the owner of a "traditional" European style bar, serving all sorts of drinks and "home cooked" food...

Boob Face claim:

Does that work?

It should work fine, I can't think of any reason it shouldn't.

Anyways, I think I've gotten a mild fever or something, so I might not be available for answering questions for a small day or two, depending on how it develops.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Chrystal

Quote from: Lynnette on June 25, 2016, 08:29:12 AM
It should work fine, I can't think of any reason it shouldn't.

Anyways, I think I've gotten a mild fever or something, so I might not be available for answering questions for a small day or two, depending on how it develops.

A small day? I'm guessing that lost something in translation, especially as right now the days are pretty much unending in parts of Norway...

*hugs* you get yourself better, sweetie.

Nintentoast

Hello again! I have an FC in mind!

minus bandages