[NCES] A fiendish employer with a job of Epic proportions

Started by kongming, June 30, 2009, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

Thanks, guys.

You reminded me that languages had not been addressed on my character.

As such, they became addressed, and in addition, I dropped one feat and replaced it with Polyglot, so now the cute young Drowess speaks everything. :P

Mindhazingsquid

I think it's the poison and plot/drow handbook.  I'll just double check...
Nah, I can't find it now.  I'm pretty sure it was in some drow/underdark book.

Darkforged Dove

Akiko, I'm sure that your Drowess (wait? what? young drow? Hmm, sounds like you inverted the "all elves live from before you did" trope) could pick up something else other than Polyglot, I mean... there's Tongues. Which has uhm, well, let's just say that it can have different meanings.

This should look to be an interesting group.

I'll probably be acting in a support role, unless there are things that the group actively needs.

So far I think that we've got....

Satyr Bard (shudder I don't think this is the bard that I wish it was; not sure if Kong showed the one I'm thinking about or not)

Nymph-Coatl hybrid

Squid's Dragoness, sorceress (srsly.... negative levels are always awesome, you only need meta-breathe, or spells to avoid allies, or give neg level immunity; you don't need to breathe fire, that's what wands and staffs are for)

Akiko's Drowess Fighter 5/Drow Paragon 15

My.... character is... a guy, and uses a wide range of skills, and weapons, and magic items, and magic. >_> yah...

Is that all? I think that I missed someone. Also, what things are people thinking of bringing to the group?
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

kongming

Satyr Clericy/Palidinny type, actually. My mind blanked a bit when I was telling you what we had.

And I think the Master/Servant rings are from Book of Vile Body Piercings.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

TheVillain

Technically he's a Piper, which isn't a Satyr so much as what happens when a Satyr and an Elf get it on without taking precautions. And he's going for the whole "Paladin of Freedom" theme, spiritually if not mechanically.

So naturally, the master/slave magic items will be destroyed at the earliest convenience for him- FOR FREEDOM!
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Mindhazingsquid

You don't think I'm going to dangle them about for everyone to see do you?  They're for 'special occasions'.  Like for party tricks and stuff.

The ring in Book of Vile Darkness is different.  It's only one slave ring and it deals 3d6 damage to the slave and allows the master to telepathicly send a message to the slave ring.

It's in the underdark book for Faerun, pages 71, "Enslavement Ring".

Chloe Milev

Well, the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge has some interesting items, like the Dominatrix's Cockring.  Keeps the person wearing it constantly aroused, person with masr ring can take 20 or get +10 ot arousal checks against him.  And can change the temperature of that organ from 0 to 120 degrees F with resulting damage and fatigue.  But the multiple rings of domination are probably better ;3
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Darkforged Dove

So the Piper's a Paladin.

So, with no bard, it looks like no one is trying to play Cacofonix. Which is cool, b/c Cacofonix is one of the bard archetypes that I'm not really a fan of. Giacamo and Gurney Halleck are a lot more palatable... I can't think of many other bard-like characters though.

Looking at my character..... he's definitely no king of jester, nor jester of kings.... so I guess I'm a Gurney Halleck. I've got the perform ability, bardic music and, stealing from the immortal Calculon, brimming with "sheer combat talent". Also scars....which means that I probably based this character subconciously on Halleck, and didn't realize it until now. :/
Well.... it's probably not a terrible thing, Frank Herbert was a hell of an author, and Halleck was an interesting character.

Hmm.... the various enslaving rings are also....I need to think of what their effects are; Dominate and Enchantment and [Compulsion] effects I'm guessing. Maybe some extreme heat/cold (but not actual [Fire] or [Cold] damage), and [Pain] effects. If that's what they are..... then

That's... actually something that would be funny to watch someone try to use on my character. Mostly, because the look of on their face of the person trying to make it affect work, and the result, would be hilarious.

Also.... breaking real magic items is a no go. Even cursed items aren't destroyed most of the time, and celestials and fiends would rather vault a magic item they don't like than destroy it. This has something to do with the reducing of overall power when an item is broken, and how bigger items give much more power to everything than weaker ones; which explains why most powerful beings aren't killed, nor most powerful artifacts destroyed.
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

Bayushi

Quote from: Darkforged Dove on August 03, 2009, 03:19:32 PM
Akiko, I'm sure that your Drowess (wait? what? young drow? Hmm, sounds like you inverted the "all elves live from before you did" trope) could pick up something else other than Polyglot, I mean... there's Tongues. Which has uhm, well, let's just say that it can have different meanings.

All elves live before you did trope?

Huh? She's 98 years old. Elves live long long lives, and 98 is young for elves. It's middle age for drow, since their expected lifespan is shorter given their violent societal norms. But for an non-dark elf, she'd be in her 'late teens'. She's physically the same as a normal elf, age-wise. She doesn't have to worry about the societal norms, since she's since seperated herself from the other Drow.

As for Polyglot, at least her ability to understand languages can't be dispelled, nor can it be disabled by magic-dead zones, such as the ones a Wild Mage can create(accidentally) and like many of those still infesting Faerun after the Time of Troubles(when Mistryl and other gods died, also when Mystra, Cyric, and Kelemvor rose to replace fallen gods). Which reminds me, I need to pick a patron deity for the young Alystin.

Bayushi

Also replaced old character image on the char sheet with a new one.

Enjoy.

Darkforged Dove

Elves, tend to be one of the "old" races in most games; playing her as a "youthful" 98 year old is a sort of inversion of that. That's all. :) 

The alignment difference from most Drow is not that unexpected. Ever since the "D-word" people have been making "CG" drow fighters with swords. In the last 20 or so years, the "good, rebellious Drow" has become a character concept that people either accept, or don't. [-shrug-]

If you want to go for a specific feat, I'm not really able to stop you, I was just giving advice on character build to help you get the most out of your resources. Feats are pretty expensive, while magic items are pretty inexpensive.

On my own character, 8/17 feats are strictly "survival" based; 2 more are "hiding" related; and only 7 feats are anything to do with "fighting".

If we're not happy with feats right now, it won't matter in the long run since Kongming is willing to let us retrain feats, or chosen class abilities, given 'some' down time. I've already changed my monk fighting style to reflect the challenges of higher level play. So changing characters around that we don't like; between sessions, shouldn't be too hard.

I like the new character picture. Then again, the last one was pretty well drawn as well. Life drawing is one of the harder thins to do.