News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dungeon World [Interest Check]

Started by AndyZ, November 11, 2013, 07:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

http://book.dwgazetteer.com/index.html

Dungeon World is a rules-light system similar in style to D&D/Pathfinder.  Even if you've never played a system before, this is one of the types that's very easy to pick up and learn.  It'll be my first time trying to run it.

I'm hoping to get a group together for people, ideally those who can post every day or at least every other day.

I have no issues with playing GLBTQ but I've been proven inept at playing M/M and still trying to learn how to do F/M decently.  Of course, this would only affect NPC interactions, but I give the warning in advance while people are deciding which gender to play.

If interested, please let me know which class/es you're interested in, as well as how much sexual content (if any) you're hoping for.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

I'm interested. Might play a bard or druid, I'm not sure yet. Still reading up on things. Leaning towards bard, though. I generally prefer light sexual content, but don't mind more.

I take it we're making level 1 characters? Any clue about what the potential plot may be?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

Level 1 characters, yes.

I have a couple ideas based on how sexual the game is, but I imagine the group is going from city to city as adventurers are needed.

For the first city I have in mind, an aged queen has sent out calls all over the land for anyone who can find a way to bring back her youth.  A number of alchemists have already set up shop, and mishaps abound.

I often try to plan more towards the particular group of players, though.  If we end up with a druid and barbarian and such, more focus will be spent on the time traveling, whereas bard and rogue lean more towards time spent in a city.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

Hiyas! 

I'll take the plunge and say that I'd be interested to play a wizard. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheHangedOne

Here's my character sheet. Pretty sure I got everything.

Lucian
Class: Bard
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Load: 8

Strength: 8 (-1)
Constitution: 9 (0)
Dexterity: 12 (0)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 15 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+2)

HP: 15

Look:
Knowing Eyes
Stylish Cap
Traveling Clothes
Well-fed Body

Equipment:
Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
A fine lute, a gift from a noble (0 weight)
Leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
Dueling rapier (close, precise, 2 weight)
3 coins

Bonds

Blank for now

Moves

Human

When you first enter a civilized settlement someone who respects the custom of hospitality to minstrels will take you in as their guest.

Arcane Art

When you weave a performance into a basic spell, choose an ally and an effect:

Heal 1d8 damage
+1d4 forward to damage
Their mind is shaken clear of one enchantment
The next time someone successfully assists the target with aid, they get +2 instead of +1

Then roll+Cha. ✴On a 10+, the ally gets the selected effect. ✴On a 7-9, your spell still works, but you draw unwanted attention or your magic reverberates to other targets affecting them as well, GM’s choice.

Bardic Lore

Choose an area of expertise:
A Bestiary of Creatures Unusual

When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item (your call) covered by your bardic lore you can ask the GM any one question about it; the GM will answer truthfully. The GM may then ask you what tale, song, or legend you heard that information in.

Charming and Open
When you speak frankly with someone, you can ask their player a question from the list below. They must answer it truthfully, then they may ask you a question from the list (which you must answer truthfully).
Whom do you serve?
What do you wish I would do?
How can I get you to ______?
What are you really feeling right now?
What do you most desire?

A Port in the Storm
When you return to a civilized settlement you’ve visited before, tell the GM when you were last here. They’ll tell you how it’s changed since then.
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

Load is 8 and HP is 15.  The full name of the stat means the full number, while the abbreviation means the modifier.  Otherwise looks good, though.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Keelan

Ranger

Elf
When you undertake a perilous journey through wilderness whatever job you take you succeed as if you rolled a 10+.

Lanethe

Wild Eyes

Wild Hair

Cloak/Camouflage

Wild Body

STR: 16/+2
DEX: 15/+1
CON: 12/+0
INT:  8/-1
WIS: 13/+1
CHA:  9/+0

20HP

Hunt and Track (Wis)

When you follow a trail of clues left behind by passing creatures, roll+WIS. ?On a 7+, you follow the creature’s trail until there’s a significant change in its direction or mode of travel. ?On a 10+, you also choose 1:

Gain a useful bit of information about your quarry, the GM will tell you what
    Determine what caused the trail to end

Called Shot

When you attack a defenseless or surprised enemy at range, you can choose to deal your damage or name your target and roll+DEX.

Head ?10+: As 7–9, plus your damage ?7-9: They do nothing but stand and drool for a few moments.
    Arms ?10+: As 7-9, plus your damage ?7-9: They drop anything they’re holding.
    Legs ?10+: As 7-9, plus your damage ?7-9: They’re hobbled and slow moving.

----------

Ehtenal

Bear

Ferocity+2,Cunning+2, 0 Armor, Instinct +1

Huge, Intimidating

Guard, Fight Monsters

Frightening

Command

When you work with your animal companion on something it’s trained in…

…and you attack the same target, add its ferocity to your damage
    …and you track, add its cunning to your roll
    …and you take damage, add its armor to your armor
    …and you discern realities, add its cunning to your roll
    …and you parley, add its cunning to your roll
    …and someone interferes with you, add its instinct to their

----------

Chaotic
Free someone from literal or figurative bonds.

Gear
Your load is 11+Str.

dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
a bundle of arrows (3 ammo, 1 weight)
Hunter’s bow (near, far, 1 weight)
short sword (close, 1 weight)
Adventuring gear (1 weight)
dungeon rations (1 weight)

I have guided _______________ before and they owe me for it.

_______________ is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.

_______________ has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.

_______________ does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

----------

Standard Actions
Hack and Slash

When you attack an enemy in melee, roll+Str. ?On a 10+, you deal your damage to the enemy and avoid their attack. At your option, you may choose to do +1d6 damage but expose yourself to the enemy’s attack. ?On a 7–9, you deal your damage to the enemy and the enemy makes an attack against you.
Volley

When you take aim and shoot at an enemy at range, roll+Dex. ?On a 10+, you have a clear shot—deal your damage. ?On a 7–9, choose one (whichever you choose you deal your damage):

You have to move to get the shot placing you in danger as described by the GM
    You have to take what you can get: -1d6 damage
    You have to take several shots, reducing your ammo by one

Defy Danger

When you act despite an imminent threat or suffer a calamity, say how you deal with it and roll. If you do it…

…by powering through, +Str
    …by getting out of the way or acting fast, +Dex
    …by enduring, +Con
    …with quick thinking, +Int
    …through mental fortitude, +Wis
    …using charm and social grace, +Cha

?On a 10+, you do what you set out to, the threat doesn’t come to bear. ?On a 7–9, you stumble, hesitate, or flinch: the GM will offer you a worse outcome, hard bargain, or ugly choice.
Defend

When you stand in defense of a person, item, or location under attack, roll+Con. ?On a 10+, hold 3. ?On a 7–9, hold 1. As long as you stand in defense, when you or the thing you defend is attacked you may spend hold, 1 for 1, to choose an option:

Redirect an attack from the thing you defend to yourself
    Halve the attack’s effect or damage
    Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against the attacker
    Deal damage to the attacker equal to your level

Spout Lore

When you consult your accumulated knowledge about something, roll+Int. ?On a 10+, the GM will tell you something interesting and useful about the subject relevant to your situation. ?On a 7–9, the GM will only tell you something interesting—it’s on you to make it useful. The GM might ask you “How do you know this?” Tell them the truth, now.
Discern Realities

When you closely study a situation or person, roll+Wis. ?On a 10+, ask the GM 3 questions from the list below. ?On a 7–9, ask 1.

Either way, take +1 forward when acting on the answers.

What happened here recently?
    What is about to happen?
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    Who’s really in control here?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

Parley

When you have leverage on a GM Character and manipulate them, roll+Cha. Leverage is something they need or want. ?On a 10+, they do what you ask if you first promise what they ask of you. ?On a 7–9, they will do what you ask, but need some concrete assurance of your promise, right now.
Aid or Interfere

When you help or hinder someone , roll+bond with them. ?On a 10+, they take +1 or -2 to their roll, your choice. ?On a 7–9, they still get a modifier, but you also expose yourself to danger, retribution, or cost.
Last Breath

When you’re dying you catch a glimpse of what lies beyond the Black Gates of Death’s Kingdom (the GM will describe it). Then roll (just roll, +nothing—yeah, Death doesn’t care how tough or cool you are). ?On a 10+, you’ve cheated Death—you’re in a bad spot but you’re still alive. ?On a 7–9, Death himself will offer you a bargain. Take it and stabilize or refuse and pass beyond the Black Gates into whatever fate awaits you. ?On 6-, your fate is sealed. You’re marked as Death’s own and you’ll cross the threshold soon. The GM will tell you when.
Encumbrance

When you make a move while carrying weight you may be encumbered. If your weight carried is:

Equal to or less than your load, you suffer no penalty
    Less than or equal to your load+2, you take -1 ongoing until you lighten your burden
    Greater than your load+2, you have a choice: drop at least 1 weight and roll at -1, or automatically fail

Make Camp

When you settle in to rest consume a ration. If you’re somewhere dangerous decide the watch order as well. If you have enough XP you may level up. When you wake from at least a few uninterrupted hours of sleep heal damage equal to half your max HP.
Take Watch

When you’re on watch and something approaches the camp roll+Wis. ?On a 10+, you’re able to wake the camp and prepare a response, everyone in the camp takes +1 forward. ?On a 7–9, you react just a moment too late; your companions in camp are awake but haven’t had time to prepare. They have weapons and armor but little else. ?On a miss, whatever lurks outside the campfire’s light has the drop on you.
Undertake a Perilous Journey

When you travel through hostile territory, choose one member of the party to act as trailblazer, one to scout ahead, and one to be quartermaster. Each character with a job to do rolls+Wis. ?On a 10+:

the quartermaster reduces the number of rations required by one
    the trailblazer reduces the amount of time it takes to reach your destination (the GM will say by how much)
    the scout will spot any trouble quick enough to let you get the drop on it

?On a 7–9, each role performs their job as expected: the normal number of rations are consumed, the journey takes about as long as expected, no one gets the drop on you but you don’t get the drop on them either.
End of Session

When you reach the end of a session, choose one of your bonds that you feel is resolved (completely explored, no longer relevant, or otherwise). Ask the player of the character you have the bond with if they agree. If they do, mark XP and write a new bond with whomever you wish.

Once bonds have been updated look at your alignment. If you fulfilled that alignment at least once this session, mark XP. Then answer these three questions as a group:

Did we learn something new and important about the world?
    Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
    Did we loot a memorable treasure?

For each “yes” answer everyone marks XP.
Level Up

When you have downtime (hours or days) and XP equal to (or greater than) your current level+7, you can reflect on your experiences and hone your skills.

Subtract your current level+7 from your XP.
    Increase your level by 1.
    Choose a new advanced move from your class.
    If you are the wizard, you also get to add a new spell to your spellbook.
    Choose one of your stats and increase it by 1 (this may change your modifier). Changing your Constitution increases your maximum and current HP. Ability scores can’t go higher than 18.

Carouse

When you return triumphant and throw a big party, spend 100 coins and roll +1 for every extra 100 coins spent. ?On a 10+, choose 3. ?On a 7–9, choose 1. ?On a miss, you still choose one, but things get really out of hand (the GM will say how).

You befriend a useful NPC.
    You hear rumors of an opportunity.
    You gain useful information.
    You are not entangled, ensorcelled, or tricked.

You can only carouse when you return triumphant. That’s what draws the crowd of revelers to surround adventurers as they celebrate their latest haul. If you don’t proclaim your success or your failure, then who would want to party with you anyway?
Supply

When you go to buy something with gold on hand, if it’s something readily available in the settlement you’re in, you can buy it at market price. If it’s something special, beyond what’s usually available here, or non-mundane, roll+Cha. ?On a 10+, you find what you’re looking for at a fair price. ?On a 7–9, you’ll have to pay more or settle for something that’s not exactly what you wanted, but close. The GM will tell you what your options are.
Recover

When you do nothing but rest in comfort and safety after a day of rest you recover all your HP. After three days of rest you remove one debility of your choice. If you’re under the care of a healer (magical or otherwise) you heal a debility for every two days of rest instead.
Recruit

When you put out word that you’re looking to hire help, roll:

+1 if you make it known that your pay is generous
    +1 if you make it known what you’re setting out to do
    +1 if you make it known that they’ll get a share of whatever you find
    +1 if you have a useful reputation around these parts

?On a 10+, you’ve got your pick of a number of skilled applicants, your choice who you hire, no penalty for not taking them along. ?On a 7–9, you’ll have to settle for someone close to what you want or turn them away. ?On a miss someone influential and ill-suited declares they’d like to come along (a foolhardy youth, a loose-cannon, or a veiled enemy, for example), bring them and take the consequences or turn them away. If you turn away applicants you take -1 forward to recruit.
Outstanding Warrants

When you return to a civilized place in which you’ve caused trouble before, roll+Cha. ?On a 10+, word has spread of your deeds and everyone recognizes you. ?On a 7–9, as above, and the GM chooses a complication:

The local constabulary has a warrant out for your arrest.
    Someone has put a price on your head.
    Someone important to you has been put in a bad spot as a result of your actions.

Bolster

When you spend your leisure time in study, meditation, or hard practice, you gain preparation. If you prepare for a week or more, take 1 preparation. If you prepare for a month or longer, take 3 instead. When your preparation pays off spend 1 preparation for +1 to any roll. You can only spend one preparation per roll.[/tt]

Siereis

I'd say I am interested in getting in on this, but how many players are you looking for ideally?

Roughly how adult themed would you prefer?  Violence level?  Sexual level?  While I expect there to be sexual content, can you elaborate in just how .... Sexualized things will be?   An example would be great.

Thanks.

AndyZ

I'd ideally love to get 3-5 people.

Violence level will be about the same as normal for D&D, and if we get enough people, I'll probably leave most of the sex to the players.  However, I usually try to have something or other depending on how much people want.

Dungeon World allows for a lot more player-cooperative type stuff than most games do.  Because it's so open, the GM is much more encouraged to build things with the players in mind.

The initial setting I'm looking at is going to have a lot of alchemy and potions, and people can have some fun with that.  The missions you'll end up on will involve trying to get various rare ingredients.  When you move to the next city, people can want things to be more or less sexual than was previous.

I guess the question would be how sexual you'd like things to be, and I'll work to match that.

Blythe

I'm interested; the last Dungeon World interest check I saw didn't pan out, so I'd really like in. I'm new to the system, but I have the book and can learn--I can whip up a character sheet tonight if asked to.  :-) And I'm willing to do at least a post a day for a consistent group game, so long as the posts don't have to be too large or anything.

I'm thinking of playing a female human paladin, if no one minds a paladin?

As for sexual content, since I'm just stating interest--I'd be okay with just about anything. I wouldn't mind seeing this in the Bondage group, though!

AndyZ

Paladin is still open, and Bondage may be best since I don't expect overly much N/C and people getting captured and tied up isn't unusual.  Unless people specifically want more or less.

Blythe

Awesome--I'll work on a sheet tonight!

Muse

Here's Mandy. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aqKx544rOnbJPkpFZ_7_7KsZCEKNYCGfd3yiQmGKC3c/edit

She's a knife fighting fire mage (wizard) with some healing ability.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Blythe

Okay, this is the gist of her! Let me know if I need to fix anything. I might need a bit of help figuring out a suitable "quest" goal for her and will definitely need to be told what her vow needs to be to keep her two boons; I'd like something that would fit in with the game so I don't become that pesky paladin trying to convert people. >_<

I'll nip over to the OOC if the sheet is okay!

Woo, paladin stats!
Name: Valeria Morrow

Str 15 (+1)
Dex 8 (-1)
Con 12 (+0)
Int 9 (+0)
Wis 13 (+1)
Cha 16 (+2)

HP: 22
Load: 13
Alignment: Good
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Base Damage: d10

Look:
*Fiery Eyes
*Styled Hair
*Worn Holy Symbol
*Fit Body

Quest

Quest: Discover the truth of _______

Two boons:
*Invulnerability to enchantment
*Senses that pierce lies

Vows required of you to maintain your blessing:
*Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
*Truth (forbidden: lies)

Gear:

*Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight),
*scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
*Some mark of faith: The blue eye of Veritas, god of truth (0 weight).
*Long sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
*Adventuring gear (1 weight)

Bonds

Blank for now

Starting moves

Human
When you pray for guidance, even for a moment, and ask, “What here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.

Lay on Hands
When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being , roll+CHA. ✴On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease. ✴On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

Armored
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

I Am the Law
When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha. ✴On a 7+, they choose one:
*Do what you say
*Back away cautiously, then flee
*Attack you

✴On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them. ✴On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

AndyZ

I'd like to say Honor and Truth as your vows.  Your choices seem to me like you serve a god/dess of truth, and while you aren't forced to convert anyone or make them be truthful, you hold yourself to that kind of standard and have great respect for others who do as well.  What do you think?

This would lead naturally to a "Discover the truth of" quest, where your paladin is often investigating things which seem questionable or overly mysterious, if you like the idea.

Blythe

That would work--I've got the changes added to my sheet. And I fixed my HP! >_<

I'll nip over to the OOC now, where all the cool people seem to be.  ;D

Ixy

Before asking in the ooc-- as that will most likely be your ongoing thread-- would you accept a rogue at this point?

Sparrow
Human Thief
Criminal Eyes
Cropped Hair
Dark clothes
Lithe Body

STR 9
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 15
WIS 8
CHA 13

Max HP 18
Base Damage d8

When you spout lore or discern realities about criminal activities, take +1.
Trap Expert
Tricks of the Trade
Backstab
Flexible Morals
Poisoner

Alignment: Neutral

Gear (Load: 18)
Dungeon Rations (1w, 5)
Leather Armor (1 armor 1w, 3)
Dagger (hand, 1w) and Short Sword (close, 1 weight)
Ragged Bow  (ear, 2w) bundle of arrows (1 w)
Adventuring Gear (1w)

I stole something from _______________.
_______________ has my back when things go wrong.
_______________ knows incriminating details about me.

AndyZ

AndyZ

Or possibly he.  I shouldn't try to guess...