Harry Potter RP for OCs (First Year Closed)

Started by OHWceta, May 15, 2013, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I only made suggestions as to House Sorting. I was hoping a few people had different houses to add a bit of diversity. (I mean, Luna was Ravenclaw but hung out with Gryffindors more often than her own house.) While I needed a majority Slytherin, there wont be any problems. I'll have to work on the class list to pair Slytherin up with Ravenclaw a bit more often.

BTW, I intend to introduce another Ravenclaw into the story around the 3rd year as a new character.

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Luvan95

On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.

Zelric Miras

I'm glad it fits what you thought. If there is anything you'd like me to have in account for the character, I'd be happy to obligue. ^^

I'm guessing that those pets are ok as long as they don't eat other pets X D

I'd be willing to play two characters if you agree. A Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, though.

OHWceta

Great! I should have mentioned that I encourage multiple characters. While focus will be on the main quartet I need extras to make things interesting. Ravenclaws are good because we have 1 and another coming in later, and Gryffindors because Ted Tonks will play a pretty important role in the story, I'd guess maybe some students in his troupe of friends would end up at odds with the future Dark Lord.  Sadly Hufflepuffs tend to get ignored.  lol

I'm currently working on class lists and trying to find a good reference for my character.

BTW, If you want some good wand ideas:
http://www.alivans.com/choose-your-wand.htm
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Julles

This is great I can't wait to get started. I will be glad to play another character if need be? I like playing more than one character. This is really starting to look interesting.

OHWceta

I'm brushing up on my Merlin knowledge to add some background into the story. Seeing as our villains before the rise of the dark lord will have connections with Morgan Le Fay.

Quick question. Is anyone here really into the expanded universe? As in media beyond Harry Potter. (Such as Pottermore, or side stories J.K. Rowling has written or confirmed to be canon)

A lot of teachers from the book have since retired and need replacements.
Mcgonagal, Flitwick, Madam Hooch, and Sprout have retired. And we know Neville took over as Herbology Teacher.
So I'm trying to get teacher ideas for the vacant classes. (Hagrid is still teaching, not sure the verdict on Trelawny and Firenze)
I've actually been on the Harry Potter wiki all day looking up classes, spells, and teachers among other dettails.

btw, my bio for Giren is updated.

Julles

I read the expanded bio, its nice. I don't know much about more magic things than Harry Potter to be honest. So, most of the Merlin stuff gets me a little confused. But, I can always read up on it.  :D

OHWceta

You dont HAVE to. since the less you guys have, the more liberty i can take in the plot    regarding those things >:)
nah, actually as GM I  just need to get a lot of extended info so the world AFTER the Harry Potter books isnt full of plot holes, gaps, and contradictions. I,ll probably be looking at several different media portrayals of Merlin and Morgana and not just the legends from the old writings.

Julles

Ha. Ok, sounds good. Just let me know if you need anything.

Luvan95

Playing more charcters sounds fun, and I would love to do that if it's okay. :)
And I'm a big Potterhead and love reading all the facts behind the world, so I guess I am into the expanded universe with Pottermore and J.K.s notes and stuff like that. :D Just say it if you need some help with something. I really like coming up with new characters to fit in the Potterverse.
On's/Off's

Zelric Miras

I'd advise on checking Rowling's interviews for such data. I am in Pottermore, I can get information on things that weren't expanded in the books, but not much from afterwards.

OHWceta

A lot of it's minor deatails you'd have to really read in the book or listen carefully to find out. Such as names of minor characters who excelled in certain classes (And could be candidates for teachers in this RP)

Here's a list of all classes with teachers: As well as prominent positions in the Wizarding World. If I could possibly get help filling in the blanks.

Non Hogwarts:
Minister of Magic - Kingsley Shacklebolt
Head of the Auror Office - Later claimed by Harry Potter
Head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement - Later claimed by Hermione Weasley
Auror - Harry Potter
Auror - Ronald Weasley
Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures - Hermione Weasley
Senior Quidditch Reporter for The Daily Prophet - Ginny Potter
Wizard Equivilant to a Lawyer - Draco Malfoy

Hogwarts:
Headmaster - Saren Octavius
Transfiguration - Romilda Evans
Charms - Susan Bones
Potions - Seraph Almsay
History of Magic - The Ghost of Cuthburt Binns
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Hestia Jones
Astronomy - Aurora Sinistra
Herbology - Neville Longbottom
Arithmancy - Ivan Chekov
Muggle Studies - Justin Finch-Fletchly
Divination - Sybill Trelawney (Replaced by Parvati Patil 4th year)
Study of Ancient Runes - Professor Bathsheda Babbling
Care of Magical Creatures - Rubeus Hagrid (Retires 3rd year)
Apparition - Romilda Evans
Alchemy - Hohenheim Elric  (Yes, it's a nod to a certain popular anime series)
Occlumency/Leglimancy - Seraph Almsay
Flying Lessons - Katherine Bell
School Nurse - Nurse Wainscott

Head of House:
Gryffindor - Romilda Evans (Neville Longbottom 5th Year)
Slytherin - Hohenheim Elric (Replaced by Seraph 3rd year)
Ravenclaw - Ivan Chekov
Hufflepuff - Susan Bones

Julles

I just had a question. Is there going to be a 'main' group of people, like the four of us? Or is there going to be more? As in, when the play progresses and things start happening who are going to be the big ball players (like Hermione, Harry, and Ron)? Just wondering if I'm even on the right track here. Haha

OHWceta

The three of you guys and me will be the main focus characters.
for anyone playing multiple characters, you'll have one main one and the rest are intended to be more of support style roles.

Unless you wish to change your primary character, the  group is currently:
Giren
Zelric
Cat
Adelaide

We'll have our main quartet who will be like Harry, Ron, and Hermione, well, plus one in our case.
Then the remainder would fill roles like Neville, Luna, Cho, etc.

As for romances i figure I'll drop the set female lead and let romances play out through each story more naturally. (Who they date in the early parts might not be who they end up with in the finale)

Luvan95

McGonagall actully retires somewhere between 2008 and 2017 according to J.K. Rowling in one of her interviews, but it okay with it being 2007 for me. :)
For the flying lessons, maybe Katie Bell or Alicia Spinnet could take over that position, seeing as they'd be older than Neville, and he is a teacher.
And maybe Penolope Clearwater, being in Ravenclaw in her school years, could be the new Charms teacher.
And Susan Bones, Hufflepuff, could also be one of the new teachers.
Ofcourse I could create a professor as well from scratch. :)

And as for a second character, I have ideas for a girl or boy in Gryffindor. Since Ted Lupin is one year younger than the "main" characters I've been thinking about making my second a year younger as well.
On's/Off's

OHWceta

Depending on which Wiki or source you read has Mcgonnagall close to that timeframe. I'm guessing she retired in 2008 at the end of the 2007-2008 year. The RP takes place during the 2008-2009 year.  I tend to judge the year by the starting date as opposed to the end date.

I've made updates to the list but we could use a few Ravenclaw teachers and maybe another Slytherin.

At first the teaching was heavily Gryffindor Biased but Hufflepuff provides good students who'd fit the teacher roles.
Ravenclaw had a few good ones for Potions and DAtDA but Potions already has a teacher and I'd prefer to have an older teacher for DAtDA, since they'd have been teaching since 1998

Luvan95

Maybe a Ravenclaw teacher for the transfiguration post?
And maybe Hestia Jones or Elphias Doge (though he must be kinda old) for the DAtDA?
Or you could create a new character for that position.
On's/Off's

OHWceta

Sorry for the lousy posts lately. I've been busy moving so haven't had much time to work on big parts of the RP.

I'm thinking for the remaining teacher slots we'll have a former Gryffindor teach Transfiguration since it seems to be the pattern (Mcgonagall was Gryffindor, and Dumbledore before her). And a Ravenclaw teaching Arithmancy since it's a logic based class which is suited for Ravenclaws who are typically book smart.

If anyone would like to play a strict and rather mean teacher character who gives a lot of homework. I'm thinking the Arithmancy Teacher will end up falling into the villain crowd.

Luvan95

It's okay. :) And may I suggest Penelope Clearwater (Percy's first girlfriend) for the Arithmancy (If someone wants to rp the post later, we can just change).
I'm looking forward to get this RP rolling.  ;D
On's/Off's

Zelric Miras

For the transfiguration position... Would you'd rather that it was someone considerably older than Harry (as a reference) or slightly older or from their same year?

OHWceta

Somewhat older than Harry, closer to Hestia Jones' age since they'd have replaced Mcgonagall as Transfigurations teacher when she became headmaster in 1998

Zelric Miras

Hestia Jones was likely born in 1978 or earlier, that means she could have been in hogwarts around 1989 or before... Considering you'd like to make it a Gryffingdor, that leaves the veteran quidditch player that were already in Hogwarts before Harry entered the team, like Angelina Johnson or older, which leaves only a few named characters. Here is a list:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/hogwarts/houses/gryffindor.html

Julles

I'm sorry I haven't been much help, school exams had me tied up. But, I'm back. And I am really looking forward to this rp starting.

OHWceta

I'll try to start this thing Sunday. I've been in the process of moving so my computer time is limited.

we can still add OC teachers too if anyone wants to play a teacher part-time

OHWceta

I've got the Working titles for each year. As I continue to work on the RP and tweak details, changes will likely occur in the later years of the story.

Year 1: The Lady of the Lake
Year 2: The Order of Morgana
Year 3: The Tale of 3 Wizards
Year 4: The Unexpected Coupe
Year 5: The Dark Plot
Year 6: The Dark Lord Rises
Year 7: The War of the Wizards

Here are the Bios for the OC teachers

Name: Saren Octavius
Class: Headmaster
House: Slytherin
Background: Before coming to Hogwarts, Saren taught Defense Against the Dark Arts at a Wizarding school in Germany. Normally a Hogwarts teacher would be promoted to Headmaster but Professors Flitwick and Mcgonagall both vouched for his reputation, knowing him from his early years of teaching. He had previously applied to teach History of Magic but Cuthburt Binns would not give up the position without threatening to haunt the school. Saren has been criticized for his dangerous teaching methods but all his former students have come out of his classes with higher marks than students learning from other teachers. Based on news articles, it is known that Saren is well travelled and used his experiences to improve his teaching methods. As Headmaster Saren has attempted to Can Cuthburt Binns several times due to complaints from students and realizing the low popularity of his subject, but each time has ended in disaster. Saren is less motivated by competition and only follows Quidditch and the House Cups as traditions which students, as well as the other teachers value. Saren himself is strictly academically motivated which shows in his lack of interest in replacing teachers for certain extra-curricular activities.
----

Name: Romilda Evans
Class: Transfiguration, Apparation
House: Gryffindor
Background: As a young Student Romilda often looked up to her older classmate Minerva Mcgonagall who was in her 7th year when Romilda entered Hogwarts. This friendship is partly why Romilda accepted the offer to replace the Professor when she was promoted to Headmaster after the Second Wizarding War. Romilda is known to be strict due to the potential dangerousness of her subjects, though she is always willing to help struggling students. She is shown to have a low tolerance for bullies and will not tolerate a student's lack of respect.
----

Name: Seraph Almsay
Class: Potions, Occlumancy/Leglimancy
Background: Originally Seraph applied for History of Magic, but was declined, this led him to accept the position of potions which needed filling after the Second Wizarding War. Due to his background, once Saren become Headmaster, the two have attempted to Revive popularity of the subject of History of Magic by Seraph tutoring students in his office when he is not busy with Occlumancy classes. This leads to animosity between Cuthburt Binns and Seraph but has drastically increased the number of students taking N.E.W.T. level courses on the subject, when previously most students dropped the course when they were able.
----

Name: Ivan Chekov
Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Background: Born in Russia, Ivan's family moved to England when he was a toddler. Little is known of Ivan's past besides his father being imprisoned in Azkaban. During his time at Hogwarts Ivan was known as the school's wizard chess champion, even besting many skilled adult wizards. Due to his past Ivan went into hiding during the Second Wizarding War but resurfaced shortly after. Due to the large loss of lives at the hands of Voldemort's Death-Eaters a friend suggested Ivan take up a Job in teaching. At first Ivan was an unpopular choice, being rejected by several wizarding schools. It is unknown why Headmaster Mcgonagall finally accepted him after the retirement of Septima Vector. He seems to know Romilda Evans quite well, though their history is never revealed. As a teacher he is strict and no-nonsense, he is notorious for long homework assignments and his biasy against non-Ravenclaw students.
----

Name: Hohenheim Elric
Class: Alchemy
Background: Hohenheim was born to Jewish Immigrants who fled to England during World War II. During his time in Hogwarts Hohenheim was hailed as a prodigy by most of his peers and even teachers. He was one of the few students who could even transmutate without a circle. After Graduating, Hohenheim fell in love with the daughter of a filmmaker. He enjoyed a brief stint in Germany studying the findings of Hitler's now defunct Thule Society where he also became close with Saren Octavius. This led him to be called on to teach at Hogwarts when Saren became Headmaster. When out of class Hohenheim is friendly to his students and is known to accidentally refer to them as "Son" (Males) or "Sweety" (Girls) but when teaching he is intense and focused. Many Slytherins are shocked that he was sorted into their house since many of them still believe in blood purity, which Hohenheim clearly despises, even openly sticking up for Muggle-Born and Halfblood students when they are bullied by his own Slytherin Students.

I'll be posting the Official RP thread up soon.