WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

Quote from: Falanor on August 01, 2010, 12:54:08 PMBrings a whole new meaning to 'Holy Cow!', doesn't it?

My RL buddy has Retbull reserved for his impending Tauren Paladin.

Aiden

New patch hit yesterday, world changed all the early level zones are updated and quest revamped.

Flower

They took my Tree dance away. My heart is officially broken. =(

Lycan Queen

I am having a blast with the new patch. The Tauren starting area makes me sad. First Cairne Bloodhoof is taken from us, now Greatmother Hawkwind. These are truly dark times for the children of the Earthmother.

Aiden

Carine Bloodhoof died valiantly, read The Sundering, it is a great read!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on November 24, 2010, 10:57:56 AM
Carine Bloodhoof died valiantly, read The Sundering, it is a great read!

I thought it was a waste.. dying at the hands of the new Warchief right?

Bayushi

Yeeeee! I boughts my digital pre-order today! Now I just need a comp that can run the game, gonna work on that today.

Wolfy

Can't wait till the 6th..gonna go to the midnight release to pick up my collectors edition. :D

Saerrael

I'm so lost in Orgri D:

And, what...? ENTS? O.O (druid tree form)

Black Howling

I think the tree form they are talking about is moonkin.... Though not sure.

Saerrael

Quote from: Black Howling on November 24, 2010, 08:13:59 PM
I think the tree form they are talking about is moonkin.... Though not sure.

I wasn't talking about Moonkin form, though. I just saw an ent wander by, in Orgri, and had to look a few times to understand what the hell wandered past. (Yes, druid showing off...) He clearly had the treeform buff icon in his buffbar.

Wolfy

Bayushi

Quote from: Saerra on November 24, 2010, 07:40:36 PMI'm so lost in Orgri D:

My biggest problem so far in 4.0.3, getting lost in Orgrimmar.

Changing the city is fine and all. But making it overtly complicated was not necessary. As soon as I figure out how, I am going to visit Undercity, and Thunder Bluff. Have to find my way out of Org, first.

*sigh*

Aiden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 24, 2010, 11:26:21 AM
I thought it was a waste.. dying at the hands of the new Warchief right?

There is more back story to it and it shows Garrosh did have a sense of honor.

Lady Lunarius

I can wait >.> Cause I haven't even got Wrath of the Lych King (Spelling?)
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Aiden

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 25, 2010, 03:28:34 PM
I can wait >.> Cause I haven't even got Wrath of the Lych King (Spelling?)

Right now is the time to buy, go to battle.net and you can buy wrath for 10 dollars, vanilla and BC for five dollars a piece.

Saerrael

Quote from: Wolfy on November 25, 2010, 08:41:17 AM
Tree form is a cooldown now.

I know, hence I said buff >.>

Quote from: Akiko on November 25, 2010, 02:05:46 PM
My biggest problem so far in 4.0.3, getting lost in Orgrimmar.

Changing the city is fine and all. But making it overtly complicated was not necessary. As soon as I figure out how, I am going to visit Undercity, and Thunder Bluff. Have to find my way out of Org, first.

*sigh*

*found his way* Only took two days xD

Look for elevators, if you are trying to get to the flightmaster. :)

Hemingway

So, I fired up WoW today. I'm ... disappointed, to say the least. Garrosh is a designated villain, that bothers me a lot, being an orc player. But it seems Blizzard has really lost the ability to actually create and develop genuine characters. Seems to happen mostly by accident nowadays. That's not the thing that bothers me at the moment, though.

I ... have to ask. What kinds of drugs were they feeding the people who designed Tier 11 armor? I'm probably not in the majority, because as I see it, there hasn't really been anything of quality since Tier 2. With ... a few exceptions. But, seriously, this new stuff is just atrociously uninspired. It's like they don't even bother trying anymore. It feels a lot like it's no longer art, just cookie-cutter stuff, made slightly more outrageous every time. I just don't get it. I don't know why people accept these shoddy designs, either.

On the plus side, they've made a lot of improvements gameplay-wise. The number of skills each class had was starting to get silly, so ... yeah. Also, they finally gave us warriors the ability to jump. So I'm happy.

But thank god I'm an RPer, so I'm not forced to dress up in that ... that ... stuff.

Saerrael

The lvl 85 blues are stunning, though. Then again, my priest is all into the white and gold theme, so he's going to look hot in that with his long, flowing white hair <3
*will hide the helm, of course!*

Bayushi

Quote from: Saerra on November 25, 2010, 05:56:07 PMLook for elevators, if you are trying to get to the flightmaster. :)

Yeah. My RL buddy and I were heading out to do some dungeons, and he was in Org and told me about the elevators.

I'd passed through the elevator shafts numerous times and never knew they were elevators (I'd not seen the elevator itself yet).

Now I've got it figured out. Wasn't until this morning, though.

Teno

I'm loving the new stuff already :P Seems the cataclysm has breathed life into the Estern Kingdoms and Kalimdor as everyone seems to have rerolled at least one new character. So many humans with wolves now for starters :D

Serephino

Quote from: Hemingway on November 25, 2010, 07:50:29 PM
So, I fired up WoW today. I'm ... disappointed, to say the least. Garrosh is a designated villain, that bothers me a lot, being an orc player. But it seems Blizzard has really lost the ability to actually create and develop genuine characters. Seems to happen mostly by accident nowadays. That's not the thing that bothers me at the moment, though.

I ... have to ask. What kinds of drugs were they feeding the people who designed Tier 11 armor? I'm probably not in the majority, because as I see it, there hasn't really been anything of quality since Tier 2. With ... a few exceptions. But, seriously, this new stuff is just atrociously uninspired. It's like they don't even bother trying anymore. It feels a lot like it's no longer art, just cookie-cutter stuff, made slightly more outrageous every time. I just don't get it. I don't know why people accept these shoddy designs, either.

On the plus side, they've made a lot of improvements gameplay-wise. The number of skills each class had was starting to get silly, so ... yeah. Also, they finally gave us warriors the ability to jump. So I'm happy.

But thank god I'm an RPer, so I'm not forced to dress up in that ... that ... stuff.

So they didn't learn from the last one?  I was really disappointed with that.  Almost everything had the same design, just different color schemes.  Looks like they got lazy.

Saerrael

Quote from: Teno on November 26, 2010, 03:57:18 PM
I'm loving the new stuff already :P Seems the cataclysm has breathed life into the Estern Kingdoms and Kalimdor as everyone seems to have rerolled at least one new character. So many humans with wolves now for starters :D

Foxes... My hunter got...

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/mistfoxskinarctic.html

*is in love*

Lyell

I wish Cata would release already and the data structure would stabalize. I miss high def character models.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Flower