The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillylluna

Rei Niziolek, a young and timid scientific technological industry worker and repair man, was absolutely lost, stumbling across the rubble that was rocks, grass, and trees. He was pretty ruffled up, his usually neat white clothes tattered as if they had been previously grabbed at, leaving holes and tears in certain areas of his lab coat, his face and arms having burn marks that seemed like the result of electrical circuits having burned and electrocuted the surface of his skin. He had just barely escaped, just barely... Barely... But unfortunately, that didn't come without a cost. He had lost many close people in that explosion; people he could never replace, nor would he see again. He was limping on his right leg, practically dragging it along with the use of his left. He was actually stunned when he came across seeing the building of this house in the middle of these thick woods, although Rei wasn't exactly who you'd consider an outdoorsman. Slowly but surely, the young man pulled himself along, making his final destination to be at that house. He needed a rest, a break, anything that would let him take it easy! Exhaustion weighed upon his shoulders as he finally made it to the door, pushing his cracked glasses up on his face before knocking on the door, peeking in afterwards to see if anyone was there. "H-hello...?" muttered the shy and youthful, exhausted male.

MarcusD

Derp was an Explorer, Derp was a Legend, Derp was Heroic... Derp was struggling through the underbrush, his ripped pants and jacket a testament to his fight with a rather tenacious berry bush. He was cold, wet, thirsty, and covered from head to toe in mud and leaves and the various creepy crawly things you would find therein.

He finally managed to push into the clearing around what he'd hoped was the lost temple of Ginger. According to his irrefutable maps, calculations and knowledge of ancient history this must have been the place. He hadn't even looked up yet as he was still battling with an incredibly stubborn branch lodged in his pant leg, but when he did, what he saw was nothing like what he had drawn in his journal. Undaunted he decided that THIS temple was simply playing hard to get and its current form was a special form reserved for Thursdays.

He approach the door cautiously, not because he thought it was the necessarily the right thing to do, but because you always approached lost temples this way. He reached the door not noticing the step and tripped grabbing the doorknob and proceeded to tumble into the temple. He lay there face down, and the only thing going through his incredibly large brain was that THIS temple seemed to have a thing about Thursdays.

Derp was really beginning to hate temples and Thursdays for that matter.

ladyfickle

While she was browsing on the computer, Lady Fickle suddenly teleported into a… Gingerbread house…Must have gone too far with coffee, she thinks while mopping her eyes. See, there was a dog, which happened to actually be a good person turned into a dog, by himself, a person who had named himself after a genus of plants, and his name – Ashpodel was suspended on a little chain around his neck. A gentle lady was feeding the dog tea and muffins, Lady Fickle thought she would love a little something around 11 o’clock as well. She tried to greet them to ask for it, but the dog just fell asleep on the lady’s lap. Thus, Lady Fickle found out she was actually invisible. Then the spell of sleep overwhelmed her, and she was soon snoring with the entire Gingerbread house. In her dreams she saw an incredibly beautiful woman, who entered describing herself as she was trotting about the ginger house, with a blue crystal, to the effect of which the dog switched laps, then a Sir called Persival came looking for a lady in peril, but since she was invisible and asleep – she was not in peril. Next in her dream entered a sweet-looking elf, who questioned like Alice in Wonderland: can anyone tell me where I am? I should cut down on coffee, Lady Fickle thought. All kinds of literary characters began crashing in her dream:  a lost industry worker and repair man, who seemed to run for his life, and a heroic gentlemen, who seemed to be looking for a treasure, who hated Thursdays. Lady Fickle awakened by the sound of her own snoring…

ladyfickle

At the sound of snoring, everybody woke up and froze - all the people from the dream turned out to be real. When she understood they can not see her, but they hear her, she said:

"Kind people, you are probably wondering why I gathered you here today?"

RampantDesires

Bustles in, broom held like the mightiest of weapons in one hand and a bucket of assorted cleaning supplies swinging lightly from the other.  "It's a bad day to be a cobweb!"  Her eyes flick along the rafters seeking out her foes with pitiless precision.  Humming softly to herself she immediately sets to work, the scent of lemon wood polish soon permeating the room. No surface was spared the wrath of her cloth or flick of her straw broom. 

Once finished she pulled a small embossed card out from the pocket of her apron, placing it propped up on the bar. 

QuoteWarrior Maids
No Job Too Big or Small!
~Individual rates available upon request~

After which she collapsed into a small exhausted heap in one of the newly conditioned leather chairs her fingers absently ruffling through the now damp and dusty strands of her dark hair.  There was a deep satisfaction to a job well done and she was incredibly pleased with herself and indeed life in general as she took in the gleaming tables and neatly tucked in chairs. 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

TheWhiteEmperor

A low whistle. A steady clapping of the hands. A man now stood in the doorway to the once bustling home of gingerbread. Stepping out of the light and into the room he looked around the place in awe. "It's been quite a long time since I've set foot in here. I'm shocked to see it still standing, much less in a better condition than when I left it." His voice was low but not too deep, yet strangely gratifying to the ears. Leon's senses were assaulted with powerful fumes of lemon and cleaner, though it wasn't quite unpleasant.

Looking around he found the bar, a calling card, then a woman plopped lazily into a chair. She had the look of a maid, what with her apron and the frazzled expression. "My, my. Are you the one responsible for keeping this place so tidy?"
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

RampantDesires

She hadn't been expecting the slow clap; it roused her from her half slumber and she jolted upright in the chair her fingers immediately reaching for the handle of her discarded broom out of habit.  Upon seeing Leon surveying the interior she stood and straightened her apron making sure that the bow in the back of her apron was neat.  There wasn't much else she could do about her appearance, the dust and what not could only be solved with a bath, but a good bow? That she could manage.

"I umm, just finished actually.  'm not rightly sure who ordered it done.  Most places could use a good spring cleaning right round this time of year though."  Eyes flicked again over the room and her smile brightened slightly, "Do you come here often then?  I don't make it out this way much myself. Thought for sure I was lost a few times on the way over.  What kind of directions are 'left at the mossy oak'?  A slight left? Sharp turn?  Luckily I found a path and just kind of stumbled upon it eventually. Not that it isn't a lovely day to be out for a walk and all but ..."  Realizing that she was dangerously close to babbling she flushed a little and trailed off.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

TheWhiteEmperor

"Often? Hmm, I should say no. It was a long time ago but, I just came to see if the fridge had ever gotten closed." Leon was amused. Both by her reaction to his entrance and to his own reminiscence. The woman was cute enough by appearances, the way she spoke and rattled on and on, however, made her an absolute delight.

"Hrm, you're right. Those directions are in need of some improvement, despite to conditions of the day. I mean, imagine if it had been raining or worse. Yikes!" Leon chattered, over exaggerating his words just a tad. Seeing her cheeks light up with embarrassment was even more sweet, like the glaze on a sweet roll. Fitting, considering where they were at this moment. "Terribly sorry, where are my manners? The name is Leon. Some call me the White Emperor, though you may call me whatever you like. Might I inquire about your name, miss...?"

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

RampantDesires

"Is -that- what that smell was?" A truly horrified expression crossed her features for a moment, but she recovered quickly enough.  The place was all clean and sparkling now after all so there was no use crying or getting upset over long spilled and soured milk!  "Nice to meet you Leon.." she wasn't really the type for titles, no matter how impressive Emperor might sound.  "I'm Rae." She extended her hand toward him kind of belatedly noting the ragged edges of her nails and the reddened section where a splinter from the floor had jabbed her earlier. It was not impressive as far as battle wounds went, but the area was still tender.  Ahh well, he could shake it or not, at this point it would look even more weird if she drew it back.

TheWhiteEmperor

"Haha, the product of the craziness from back then, I suppose. Sorry you had to be the one to clean up the mess, Rae." Smiling to himself as the name left his lips. Hmm, she was a hoot and a half, that much was certain. Gently taking her hand in his, he was sure to take care not to cause her any more discomfort than she was sure to be experiencing. "The pleasure is mine." Taking back his hand after a curt shake, he gestured to the aforementioned fridge. "Would you like a drink? You're certainly due something for your efforts here."

RampantDesires

"Eh, if no one made messes I suppose I'd be out of a job so ... thank you?"  She shook his hand in a quick but firm grip then glanced over toward the fridge nodding slightly.  "I AM quite thirsty.  Lemonade sounds good.  No, not good, but divine might be going over the top a bit?  Amazing? Awesome sauce? Wonderful?  Yes, lemonade sounds wonderful!" For someone who apparently talked as much as she did she moved with an almost eerie quietness, instinctively avoiding any creaky floorboards.

"So you took a bit of a break from the craziness eh? Or did you simply find new crazy while you were away? The good kind or the bad?  Do you mind me asking questions?  I probably should have started with that one humm? Sorry, this is why they never assign me to team jobs. Apparently I have a 'chatty inquisitive side that drives others batty' or something." The last bit was tacked on for it did indeed seem like she'd been directly quoting from one of her last performance evaluations.

TheWhiteEmperor

"T'was not I who made the mess but, I suppose I have made messes before. So, you're welcome? Haha." Turning to the fridge, he fished around for the lemonade and then dug out a pair of glasses. Pouring the drinks, he smiled as she decided on her words. "You're something else, you know that?" Chuckling to himself, he turned and put away the lemonade. Sure to close the fridge, for future use. "You're not a bother, ask away."

"Alas... Crazy follows me everywhere, I'm afraid. The problem isn't the crazy, so much as which crazy it is. I can handle most silliness but, at times, the crazy gets the better of me. Hence, why it's been so long since I last visited. A shame, really. Though, I must say that I'm glad the crazy brought me back here, at this particular moment. As such, it is both good and bad, no?" Gazing at her, he handed her the glass. With a grin and a wink, he raised his own in toast.

"To crazy."

RampantDesires

Something else?  Her head tilted as she considered his words.  Was that a compliment?  Should she apologize?   Unable to decide she just shrugged and watched as he bustled around, filling two glasses with the tart yellow liquid, even going so far as to grin and give him a thumbs up as he carefully closed the fridge door.

"I think life in general is often a mix of good and bad.  It is how you learn to balance and walk between them that defines who you are as a person ... but that is by far too deep a philosophical hole to dive into today."  Gratefully she accepted the glass he offered her and raised it to click gently against the side of his in toast.  "To crazy!"   It was no delicate sip that followed.  She was THIRSTY after all and once the sweet/sour mixture flooded over her tongue she couldn't help herself, throat working quickly to down full half the glass.  Flushing again a little bit she cleared her throat, eyes flicking around the room as she searched for another topic of conversation.

"Sooo .. why do they call it gingerbread, when it is clearly more cake or cookie?"  Truthfully that had been bothering her for most of the day, but now she finally had someone else to ask.

TheWhiteEmperor

Leon nodded, feeling as though he walked that very line himself at times. Grinning at the amusing change in her tone, not wishing to further delve into these matters. Bringing his own glass up to his lips, Leon sipped at the tangy beverage with a smile. It was sweet, yet sour. Lemonade was always nice and refreshing.

Raising a brow at her, stifling a soft chuckle at her guzzling of her own beverage. It's a good thing she hadn't chosen an alcoholic beverage, he quipped internally. Noticing she'd not lost a drop, he set down his glass to give her another clap or two. "Remind me to get you a bigger glass next time. Heh heh." Cheeks tinted red once more as she seemed to compose herself. Ever the embodiment of a cute maid was she. Blinking at her sudden remark, he once again cocked a brow at her.

"I.. That's not really a question I'm qualified to answer. Sorry. Though, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that ginger or ginger root is used for the flavor and as a main ingredient. Maybe the first time it was made, it was made as a bread and not as a treat?"

Ergo Proxy

Ergo stops at the front door to wipe his shoes on the doormat prior to taking them off and setting them aside. Reaching a hand inside a pocket he pulls out a small vial labeled "Pure Sanitizer" and squeezes a dime size into the other hand, then places the vial back into the pocket. "No such thing as being too clean" he added while rubbing his hands together.

Entering the house, he cautiously inhales its scent, then sweeps his gaze around the room. "The nerve-" he mutters to himself with an distasteful look.

He marches over to a nearby table and picks up two glasses, proceeds to rinse them before carefully placing them into the dishwasher. With work done, he reveals a smug smile, even nodding in approval.

RampantDesires

At his clap she grinned and gave him a small if a bit self depreciating curtsy.  "Thank you thank you.  I'll be here all week, or at least for the rest of the evening!"  It was clear that her somewhat off the wall question had thrown him for a loop and she accepted his postulation with a small shrug.

"Fair enough.  What kinds of questions ARE you qualified to answer?  That is, what would you like to talk about? I am clearly not the best at picking topics and it is your turn." Taking her newly refilled glass with her she moved back to the chair she'd been curled up in when Leon had entered least she start hovering and neatening again while they talked.  It took her a moment to get settled back in, her legs tucked up under her comfortably.

As Ergo entered she gave him a small wave her head tilting as he marched through the room clearly a man on a mission of some kind, one she was careful to not interrupt.

TheWhiteEmperor

He would drink to her positive reaction to his praises, chuckling and nodding, genuinely having a good time. It was his turn to choose a topic, her jabbing remark about his qualifications making him grin. "Good question. I never quite feel up to task but, I've been told I'm too hard on myself. Alas, I'll throw one back at you; Where do I get one of these with your number on it?" he asked, now lifting her previously placed business card up with a smile.

Just then, they were interrupted by a rather uppity man, though intriguing is how he moved about as if not noticing their presence. Rae now taking this chance to return to her spot, Leon looking over his shoulder at her and gesturing to the guy like, 'What is this guy doing?'

Drinking a bit more of his delicious, lemony beverage, Leon grinned and leaned against the bar. Leon was in the kitchen as well, as the dishwasher and fridge should've been located relatively close to one another, and just waited for the man to notice he and Rae's existence.

renigade

A loud crash could be heard coming from outside and then a terrible roar as the door flew open. A somewhat thicker built white lady, looking  between 26-30 ran in side the house and slams the door with her back to it to keep what ever was out there from getting in. However a huge clawed hand stopped the door from closing all the way. The brown haird woman growled and grabbed an umbrella from the holder near the door and began smaking the hand. "Back! Back I say, you foul beast!" Renigade battled the hand for a few moments before it finally pulled free and she was able to close the door. She sighed in relief, dropping the now useless rain repeling tool on the floor, where it remained in tatters. She turned around, blushing as she only just now realized there were a lot of people in the room. She laughed awkwardly, rubbling the back of her head sheepishly.  "Ahh.... haha.... hi guys...."
ons/offs

Walk this valley of death, head high
Say "I'll be back, today I won't die"
'Cause try as we may we can never deny
We can get back up if we're still alive!

RampantDesires

His question just made her shake her head... then shake her head some more, dislodging already messy strands of dark and dusty hair.  Ramble on a million and one topics sure, but a gentleman asking for her phone number got her all kinds of tongue tied.  Luckily for her at least there was a ruckus at the door and she watched wide eyed as the newest arrival beat off some large beasty, wielding the umbrella with surprising skill and enthusiasm.

"Holy buckets that looked close!  I'm super impressed. You okay lady?"

renigade

Renigade gave a toothy, awkward grin when a dark haired lady asked if she was ok. "Yeah... im fine. Son of a gun ate my car so I attempted to get it back..." her hazel eyes scanned the room and landed right on a tabble of snacks. "Aw sweet, free food."
She made her way over to the tabble with surprising speed considering she was kind of big and began grabbing cookies and small sandwhiches. "So" she started with a mouth full of cookie "wad I mish?"
ons/offs

Walk this valley of death, head high
Say "I'll be back, today I won't die"
'Cause try as we may we can never deny
We can get back up if we're still alive!

TheWhiteEmperor

Cursing himself, realizing just how floppity his flopped flop had flopped, Leon pursed his lips in dismay. I should have known better than to try such a line on such a refined young maiden, he thought to himself before he was suddenly alerted to another intruder. Jumping over the counter, he prepared to strike at this new foe.

That is, until a young woman, scared out of her wits, barreled through and fought off some raging beast. Eyes wide, he mused at the woman and grinned. "Rough day, huh?" Leon asked, a wry smile forming across his lips. He now took this time to step over to a table and sat alone, leaning against it with an arm.

"You haven't missed much, aside from some banter and cleaning," he admitted, nodding to affirm nothing else had really happened up to this point. "You know, I could slay that beast for you. Though, I can't say it will do you any good. I'm sure the car is... no more."

RampantDesires

"Now that you're here though ..."  Reaching down to the side of the chair she drew out the wooden box she'd seen during her earlier cleaning spree.  "Can I interest y'all in a game?"

In truth Scrabble was not her strong suit.  Spelling was tricky under the best of circumstances, but under pressure and with a limited selection of letters to draw from?  Well lets just say abysmal was a pretty good descriptor.  "I'm sure we could find other games if we hunted around.  Going out side anytime soon seems like a bad idea and it could be a good way to pass the time.  How long does it take for bears to calm down after eating cars by the way?  They don't cover these kinds of things in general wilderness education courses!"

LadySinister

Cressida topped a slight rise. Instead of the stream and small waterfall marked in the trail guide, she saw the most charming stone cottage. The topmost tree leaves spun and fluttered. A few daisies nodded in the lush grass. There was a sense of stillness, despite the songbirds faraway gossip.

She hitched up her pack and walked a little closer, the slight noise of her boots on the meadowy lawn feeling uncomfortably loud and conspicuous. A circuit of the building turned up no vehicles, or whirring air conditioning units, but neither were there "no trespassing" signs.

Deep parallel gouges ominously marked the front door. Could someone be hurt? It opened easily.

"Hello?"

No answer. The shade immediately felt cooler on her skin and the interior smelled faintly of... lemon oil? There was no blood, no sign of struggle, she couldn't smell any scat.

After a thorough investigation revealed absolutely no one, she refilled her water bottle in the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Huh, an 'x' and just about all vowels...let's see...e-x-h-o-n-e-r-a-t-e. I wonder if that's spelled right?"

Still feeling a bit nonplussed, she pulled out her tarot deck for a simple, four card spread.

"The Empress." The card snapped lightly against the table. "The Hanged Man. The Tower...and the Five of Wands. Hmmmmm..."

tarasalem

Tara walked out of the woods and into a clearing that was pretty unfamiliar. It helped that she had chosen to go off her usual walking trail today of all days and gotten lost. Now somehow she was standing in front of a little cottage. Two dark blonde eyebrows lifted so high that they nearly touched her hairline. "Well this is... Uh, new...?" She muttered under her breath. After all, it wasn't everyday that one stumbled across a cottage in the middle of nowhere. With caution in her emerald green eyes, she slowly moved closer to the house, her boots somehow landing silently despite how heavy they were.

By the time she reached the front door, she was starting to feel like she was in some horror movie. A hand reached out carefully to touch the doorknob. Instead it seemed to shy away from her as the door creaked open. "This isn't creepy... This isn't creepy at all..." She muttered under her breath. Swallowing hard, she didn't dare step in just yet. Instead she grabbed at the pocket knife she always had with her and flicked the blade out. "Hello?" She called out. Well, either she had just become that stupid girl that always dies first in horror movies or she was just talking awkwardly to an empty cottage.

LadySinister

Cressida looked up from her cards to what seemed to be a very startled young woman. The Empress indeed... She rose and walked forward slowly before holding out her hand, noticing the contrast in hues: her palm pink and the back like the caramelized edge of a baked peach. "Hi, I'm Cressida Page."