WH40000 - what's your opinion?

Started by Beorning, August 09, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Any multipart kit, particularly the ones that can be assembled into different variants will come with a sheet of instructions.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Beorning

Well, my penitent engine came with no instructions. That's why I was worried...

Hemingway

CountessJess

Neither did my Exorcist...and gosh, that Dreadknight looks silly.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: CountessJess on January 28, 2015, 04:18:29 PM
Neither did my Exorcist...and gosh, that Dreadknight looks silly.

Yo Dawg, we heard you like power armor. So we made some power armor for your power armor...

Hemingway

.. Because it's a man inside a suit inside a suit?

At least it's not a Centurion!

CountessJess

That's like saying Auschwitz was pretty good until you got to the showers.

Hemingway

TheGlyphstone

Oniya

Quote from: Hemingway on January 28, 2015, 04:20:06 PM
.. Because it's a man inside a suit inside a suit?

At least it's not a Centurion!

Not gonna lie.  My first thought was this Centurion.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html

Just in case anyone is planning to buy me something for my birthday :P

In all seriousness, lovely model, but that price .. yeesh. I could do without the big scenic base, I want him for my Chaos Lord, and that base is probably doubling the models price.

Not 100% sure about the chainglaive either. The bladed attachments detract from it I think.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Wajin

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 29, 2015, 05:13:07 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html

Just in case anyone is planning to buy me something for my birthday :P

In all seriousness, lovely model, but that price .. yeesh. I could do without the big scenic base, I want him for my Chaos Lord, and that base is probably doubling the models price.

Not 100% sure about the chainglaive either. The bladed attachments detract from it I think.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/KONRAD_CURZE_PRIMARCH_OF_THE_NIGHT_LORDS.html

My hubby is making a Night Lords army just so we can battle it out HH style :D
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

HairyHeretic

Cool. I think the third Horus Heresy book has campaign rules for post-Istvaan battles.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Ironwolf85

Gorkamorka and Necromunda, I love these settings... this little robot sheep still can't afford the minis.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Wajin

Just for fun, who is everyone's favourite primarch or racially significant character?

kinda obviously for me, it's Vulkan, Primach of the Salamanders. He was kind, calm, tried his best to spare the native populations of the planets he thought upon. It was even said during his life by his brothers that out of all of them, the one who would most easily adapt to peace time and would enjoy it the most.
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

TheGlyphstone

Vulkan is best Primarch, and Salamanders are best Marines.

CountessJess

Roboute Guilliman is the best Primarch, and the Ultramarines are the best Marines.

Wajin

"Ours is a violent calling, but as adherents of the Promethean Creed we believe in the Circle of Fire. None can come back as they once were, but in death we are returned to the ash from whence we came to be born anew, our blood and bone bonded with the earth. Through fire are our remains made protean, through fire and the reunion with earth do we experience rebirth. After death, after our duty is ended, we give ourselves to these elements and in so doing become a part of them. This is the nature of the Circle of Fire." - Vulkan

CountessJess

'Chapters [not descended from Guilliman's geneseed] are disciples who owe their genetic inheritance to another Primarch, but follow the Codex Astartes as keenly as their divergent heritage allows. While primarily composed of successor Chapters, this group also includes several Chapters of the First Founding - notably the Imperial Fists, White Scars and the Raven Guard. These chapters can never be Ultramarines, for their gene-seed is not that of Roboute Guilliman. Nevertheless, they will ever aspire to the standards and teachings of the great Primarch...

[Chapters who do not emulate the Ultramarines] are aberrants; chapters who, through quirk of gene-seed, mutation or stubbornness, eschew the Codex Astartes in favor of other structural and combat doctrines. Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it. Others, such as the Space Wolves and the Black Templars, remain stubbornly independent, looking to their own founder's ways of war and caring little of how they fare in the eyes of others. These aberrant Chapters were always few in number and their presence diminishes with each passing decade, for their gene-seed is no longer the source of fresh Chapters.'

- Codex Space Marines, 5th Edition, p.25

TheGlyphstone

Pffft, silly Rowboat Girlyman. Big pansy can't even die properly, gets put up as an Ultrasmurf tourist attraction instead.

CountessJess

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 29, 2015, 12:49:46 PM
Pffft, silly Rowboat Girlyman. Big pansy can't even die properly, gets put up as an Ultrasmurf tourist attraction instead.

You're just jealous because you know that nomatter how hard the Salamanders try, they will never be as good as the Ultramarines.

Wajin

Quote from: CountessJess on January 29, 2015, 12:45:40 PM
'Chapters [not descended from Guilliman's geneseed] are disciples who owe their genetic inheritance to another Primarch, but follow the Codex Astartes as keenly as their divergent heritage allows. While primarily composed of successor Chapters, this group also includes several Chapters of the First Founding - notably the Imperial Fists, White Scars and the Raven Guard. These chapters can never be Ultramarines, for their gene-seed is not that of Roboute Guilliman. Nevertheless, they will ever aspire to the standards and teachings of the great Primarch...

[Chapters who do not emulate the Ultramarines] are aberrants; chapters who, through quirk of gene-seed, mutation or stubbornness, eschew the Codex Astartes in favor of other structural and combat doctrines. Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it. Others, such as the Space Wolves and the Black Templars, remain stubbornly independent, looking to their own founder's ways of war and caring little of how they fare in the eyes of others. These aberrant Chapters were always few in number and their presence diminishes with each passing decade, for their gene-seed is no longer the source of fresh Chapters.'

- Codex Space Marines, 5th Edition, p.25

Notice how nobody ever seems to piss on the Salamanders because everyone in the Galaxy know that out of all the Space Marines, if you walk with a Salamander, he will protect you as eagerly as fully as he will protect his own battle brothers. The Salamanders are all literally family, as the chapter only recruits from Nocturne, each company accepts only recruits from a certain clan. This causes the feeling of brotherhood shared among marines of the chapter to be that much stronger than other chapters.

TheGlyphstone

And they go back to live with their mortal relatives between campaigns. The Ultrasmurfs try hard, but note that they still are governors of worlds and cities in their personal private subsector kingdom. The Emperor designed the Astartes to be humanity's guardians, protectors, and warriors, not to be their overlords or their replacements. The Salamanders are the only chapter who has not forgotten this.

Wajin

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 29, 2015, 01:07:47 PM
And they go back to live with their mortal relatives between campaigns. The Ultrasmurfs try hard, but note that they still are governors of worlds and cities in their personal private subsector kingdom. The Emperor designed the Astartes to be humanity's guardians, protectors, and warriors, not to be their overlords or their replacements. The Salamanders are the only chapter who has not forgotten this.

Bjorn said something fantastic too "God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Beorning

So, what's this fuss about Ultramarines? Are they somehow special? I thought that all Space Marine chapters were equal...