Star Wars: Death of the Force (Interest check)

Started by TheRedFear, January 04, 2012, 09:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRedFear

PREMISE:
Nearly every major galaxy-spanning war in Star Wars history boils down to the same root cause. One day a Jedi had a really lousy day, his eyes turned yellow, and he promptly proceeded to launch a genocidal campaign of terror against the galaxy.

Revan. Exar Kun. Qel-Droma. Skywalker. So what if they redeemed themselves in the end? Does their redemption suddenly restore the lives of the countless billions who died in the wars they ignited? Does Skywalker's redemption erase the terror and pain of the younglings he butchered, or restore the billions of lives lost on Alderaan?

For too long the galaxy has been at the mercy of the smug, self-righteous, elitist Jedi. Genocidal War after Genocidal War, and why? So that the elite few "blessed" at birth with a high midchlorian count can float objects with their mind and show off their lightsaber moves? So they can pass judgement down on those beneathe them?

The small conflicts Jedi suppress don't even begin to equal the massive conflicts they ignite when they inevitably fail to police their own and set off the next great galactic war. A single fallen Jedi can do more evil in one year than the amount of good the entire Order can do in centuries. If the Jedi can't police their own, then it's time somebody else take up the task.

The galaxy has had enough.

The Jedi and Sith want to butcher each other? Fine. But until they find a way to do it without dragging the rest of the galaxy into the middle of their endless pissing contest, the Kai will be there to stop them. To cut them off at the pass. To end it before it even begins.

The Kai are the 'normal' men and women of the galaxy. The soldiers, the bounty hunters, the smugglers...even the shop owners and politicians  and nerfherders for everybody has something to contribute to the cause. They have been trained, equipped, and augmented to be a match for the most powerful Jedi Masters or Sith Lords. They are the survivors. The wives and husbands, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, friends and loved ones of those who died because of Jedi and Sith arrogance.

But the Kai do not teach hatred of the Jedi. As a whole, the Kai understand that their intentions were not to do harm. They just flew too close to the sun. The Jedi are slaves to the Force. Unwitting puppets of a vast cosmic will. The Sith are even more pitiable. They're being burned from the inside out by the very power they covet so much. Jedi and Sith alike have foolishly tried to harness the hurricane, but they're being devoured by it instead.

Alas the Force can not be destroyed(Or can it?) so the only option is to hunt down and eliminate it's puppets. Those foolish and arrogant sentients who dared to reach out and touch the devouring flame that is the Force.

The Jedi and Sith are now on notice. The rest of the galaxy isn't gonna put up with your crap anymore.

The Force is the Enemy. The Kai are the Answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not really sure what form the game would ultimately take. Depending on hhow many people take interest and which sides they choose we could easily end up with a three-way power struggle between Jedi, Sith, and Kai.

As for time period, I was thinking it would be set shortly after the Yuuzhan Vong war, but I can be convinced otherwise.

Jmorty33

Consider me interested dude. Great story idea.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

AndyZ

Could be interested in a Jedi.  Probably a character who doesn't do lots of stuff that would cause problems with others and doesn't really understand why people would misuse their power.  Unless that idea doesn't really mesh with the idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Scarlet Sonata

The story is well thought out, wouldn't mind playing a troublesome Sith.
I can be a bit lazy for lack of a better word. That means that I usually won't search out a roleplay unless I really have none going. If you want me to participate in one just ask, I will at the very least give it a look.

Muse

Do you mean for this to be freeform, RF?  Or maybe use the SAGA system?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jmorty33

I do have a question though. What kind of equipment are the Kai's going to use, vibroblades and stuff like that? If so then what are you going to do about the cortosis weave? For those non-Star Wars nerds I will elaborate. The cortosis weave is a material placed on vibroblades during the Old Republic era that allowed the blades to be able to parry attacks against lightsabers. After the Old Republic era, and by the time of the Galactic Civil War, the knowledge of the weave and the mineral to use it became extremely rare if not extinct.

So I don't know what you want to do about that, find a cache of the mineral that was erased from maps but was found again, or just have the Kai's use Vhong technology since you want this after the Vhong war.

TheRedFear

@Muse:

Freeform probably. I don't know Saga, but if it's like the rest of D20 i'll probably loathe it.

That said I am willing to learn most other mechanic systems.

And Unisystem Lite can probably be adapted easily if you guys want to use a system. I love Uni-Lite's versatility. I'd probably enjoy designing Jedi powers for Unisystem.

But freeform's probably the fastest, easiest option.

@Jmorty33:

As for how the Kai fight the Jedi...

The founder of the Kai has dedicated extensive years and resources to researching ways to balance out the common man's chances against the Jedi/Sith. The more elaborate or potent techniques and resources are reserved for the more Elite, high ranking Kai. He has dedicated many years, and enough credits to purchase his own vacation planet on researching Jedi/Sith lore, and amassing weapons and resources to outfit his recruits. He also salvaged an Old Republic-era Starship(a Phantom-class ship, if you're familiar with the new Old Republic MMO). His datadroids were able to recover 30% of the vessel's computer records which contained...amongst other things...the formula for Cortosis-Weave.

He also has access to a small supply of Phrik metal from a mostly tapped out mine. His personal guard-droid, a salvaged Magnaguard, is completely armored in Phrik, and still has all it's old memories of all the Jedi it fought and killed in the Clone Wars, so it also helps in teaching various techniques for fighting and beating Jedi to Kai recruits. A large part of his Phrik supply went into that endeavor, but he has enough leftover to pass out some nice bonus goodies to a handful of his best warriors.

For rank and file Kai, he trains them in basic-to-moderate Teras Kasi techniques to give them at least rudimentary techniques to shield themselves against at least some Force Powers. He also has them equipped with weapons and strategy lessons specific to Jedi/Sith. No lightsaber can deflect a flamthrower, or Sonic blaster, or Sonic/Flash/Thermal Grenades(Which can be set to go off immediately if their trajectory abruptly changes...as if they just got force-pushed for example). They generally don't do too well with Slugthrowing Scatterguns(shotguns) either. Simply using weapons that make it impossible for a lightsaber to bounce your own shot back in your face goes a long way toward increasing the random's mook's survival odds in a Jedi encounter. Other strategies are also used. His rank and file soldiers avoid direct engagements when possible, since inert traps tend to fly under Jedi radar alot more easily than snipers and highly complex trap mechanisms do.

Those who show more promise in basic training receive more advanced Teras Kasi training, and Echani training to boot, giving them a combat-precognition that rivals Force Combat-Precog. Arguably it's even better. Jedi Combat Precog is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't(as countless Jedi learned the hard way when Order 66 came down) .  Echani Body-reading works much more reliably and consistantly, at least as long as you can see your foe.

The Master of the Kai has also devised his own fighting technique that can be used barehanded, or with Staves/Batons. With it you can strike various pressure points that can temporarily disable limbs and/or force powers(If you ever watch Avatar the Last Airbender, thing of Ty Lee's ability to temporarily render both limbs, AND Bending powers useless).

The Kai Master also has intimate knowledge of the Jedi and Sith lightsaber forms(mostly from having spent years fighting and observing those forms, and also from various holocrons he has aquired through research and archeological endeavors he has funded...or personally spearheaded in some instances), and trains his best warriors in how to recognize and identify the Form being used, and to know it's strengths and weaknesses.

As for the Master of the Kai himself, he has a personal equalizing advantage in any fight with a Forceweilder. A natural(Well, not 'natural', but that's a whole other story. And a long one) aura that functions much like a Ysalamir aura(Basically canceling out Force-powers in in a ten foot radius/bubble around himself). In addition to ongoing genetic and cloning experiments to find a way to duplicate that ability in others, he has a small number of actual Ysalamirs for special occasions. The little bastards are proving difficult to breed or clone, but occasionally he'll loan one out to an operative for a special assignment.

Vornskyr on the other hand have proven MUCH easier to breed and clone, and it's fairly common for even rank and file Kai teams to have a few Vornskyr hounds ready to stalk and hunt those tasty Jedi and Sith. Sometimes if they know they're about to face a large number of Jedi/Sith, or a handful of really strong ones they'll unleash a dozen Vornskyr on them first to soften them up.

While the Kai Master has proven unable to duplicate his "Anti-Force" ability in others, an alchemical concoction brewed from his blood has proven effective at permanently severing Force-Sensitives from the Force without killing them. Well for it to work permanenetly it has to be a treatment process involving a heavy transfusion of the compound. A common practice amongst Kai before engaging a Jedi or Sith in battle will be to make them a one time offer to submit to having their connection to the force severed or face the consequences of resistance.

Expanded Universe Alumni will no doubt conclude many Jedi have overcome many of these methods and techniques...but they overcame them on a rather small scale...and usually the Jedi who overcome these techniques are the hotshot, elite ones. The Skywalkers, Solos, and Katarns of the universe. And usually the trick in question is being used singularly. Overcoming a pack of Vornskyr is one thing....overcoming a pack of Vornskyr being commanded by a Cortosis-Armored Teras Kasi master with sonic blasters is another matter entirely.

Jmorty33

Touché Red, Touché. If I Canfield my two cents in for system or non system I vote for free form, I never got into any system play so I would be useless.

Parson this cliche and I don't mean it in th usual sense, but cool story bro!

AndyZ

Well, the idea that popped to mind for this was that I could have a Jedi who would be interested in helping deal with the ones who misuse their power (who most commonly would be Sith).  It feels like this is more a game about exterminating anyone who can use the Force.  Would this character idea work, or would it be like being the last monster, helping destroy other monsters and then being executed myself at the end for being a monster?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

I can't say that I'd see the appeal to playing something this action intense freeform.  Personalty I never let a system come between me and writing an epic action sequence--not even d20. 

I could visualize some characters I might play, but--being a GM most of the time--I'd find playing fanatics like the Kai to be a bit redundant.  Their no more sympathetic than any other good villain--doing the wrong thing for the right reason. 

GMs play villains A LOT. 

On the other hand, wow this would make for a bunch of epic actions sequences! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheRedFear

I suppose it's a perspective matter. The Kai ain't villains here. They're kinda...right. At least in my opinion. The countless billions who die everytime a Jedi or Sith(who only exist because the Jedi consistantly fail to police their own ranks) goes on a yellow-eyed powertrip pretty neatly invalidates the small conflicts they prevent.

The big conflicts the Jedi stop only happened BECAUSE some Forceweilder started them. And they usually only get stopped after the galaxy-wide body count is high enough to populate a half dozen earth-class civilizations.

It was quite a moment when I first realized that the Jedi are the real villains of the Star Wars Saga. The power of the Force is not something anybody can acheive through hard work, individual merit, or strength of will....noooooo. It's for the special elite class. Those blessed at birth...those selectively bred(Shades of Hitler's ubermensch?) to be bestowed with power denied to the lowly common masses. The Jedi are the Bourgeoisie. Chosen at birth. Given special elite training and education, and then they get to stand in judgement of those who weren't granted the same birth privilages. The Jedi swoop in, decide according to their morals and their philosophies who's good and who's bad, and if they decide you're bad, and you refuse to come to heel you get a lightsaber shoved through your face. Agressive Negotiations indeed.

And of course when one of them goes superbad and really screws things up on a galaxy-wide scale, well only they can stop the catastrophe they started. And for some bizarre reason, they're celebrated for cleaning up the mess they made...and it only cost a few billion innocent lives.

The Kai are the proletariat. The common man standing up to the elite ruling class and taking control of their own destiny. The Kai are how the normal men and women of the Galaxy finally get to stand up, look the elites in the eye and say "Go screw. We'll control our own lives."

O:)

Are their methods extreme? Maybe. But the threat the Jedi pose is similarly extreme. the Expanded Universe has demonstrated time and again that EVERY Jedi is one bad day away from becoming a yellow-eyed mass-murdering psychopath. A moment of sufficiently powerful heartbreak or loss...posession by some ancient long-dead sith spirit...exposure to a highly concentrated dose of Dark Force energy...or good old fashioned 'good intentions'. Many of the most vile Sith mass murderers started out as the most celebrated and beloved of Jedi heroes. The line that every Jedi walks is a razor thin line and a stiff breeze is all it takes to turn today loving, compassionate hero into tomorrow's S&M Nightmare.

EVERY Jedi is a threat. It's just a fact. One bad day is all there is that's standing between them and a pile of innocent bodies. If a few well-intentioned fools have to die to prevent the next galactic massacre, so be it  >:)

Seriously though, if I ever got to actually be an EU Writer(Yeah right. Still, a boy can dream...) my endgame with such a storyline would be for the Jedi to come to the realization that the Kai have a VERY valid point, and for the Kai to realize they'll never be able to completely eliminate the threat. Sooner or later some Force-Sensitive on some backwater world will get trained by a Force-Ghost or a Holocron and repeat the cycle all over again.

So the two would come together and forge an uneasy alliance, where every Jedi is partnered with a Kai. They work together to advance the goals of peace, love, blah, blah, blah. But they do so with the mutual understanding that the Kai is also there to watch carefully and strike at the first sign that his or her Jedi partner is about to go yellow-eyes. I think it'd add an interesting new dynamic to the Jedi.

TheRedFear

Quote from: AndyZ on January 08, 2012, 04:35:46 AM
Well, the idea that popped to mind for this was that I could have a Jedi who would be interested in helping deal with the ones who misuse their power (who most commonly would be Sith).  It feels like this is more a game about exterminating anyone who can use the Force.  Would this character idea work, or would it be like being the last monster, helping destroy other monsters and then being executed myself at the end for being a monster?

Actually there are moderates amongst the Kai, just as there are extremists. Same as there are moderates and extremists amongst the Jedi, and the Sith.

So your concept could certainly work. There are many amongst the Kai who do want to eliminate anyone who can use the force, but even they can prioritize. The Sith beating his Twilek Slave in that alleyway is definitely a higher priority target than the Jedi healing that street urchin's broken leg on the sidewalk. If the Sith proves exceptionally powerful, the Kai may even temporarily work with the Jedi to deal with him, and agree to part amicably after they win...this time.  8-)

That said keep in mind each Kai has his or her own reasons for joining. Some join because they want common people to be in control of their own fates. Some join because they want to hunt 'the most dangerous game'. MANY join because somebody they love died due directly or indirectly to Jedi/Sith actions and they want payback. The Kai Lord does try his best to incoporate teachings meant to discourage hatred of the Jedi and Sith and help his people understand the real enemy is the Force itself...not the tragic souls who unwittingly act as it's pawns(the Jedi), or are outright brainwashed and enslaved by it(The Sith). 

TheRedFear

Quote from: Muse on January 08, 2012, 05:10:21 AM
  I can't say that I'd see the appeal to playing something this action intense freeform.  Personalty I never let a system come between me and writing an epic action sequence--not even d20. 

I could visualize some characters I might play, but--being a GM most of the time--I'd find playing fanatics like the Kai to be a bit redundant.  Their no more sympathetic than any other good villain--doing the wrong thing for the right reason. 

GMs play villains A LOT. 

On the other hand, wow this would make for a bunch of epic actions sequences!

How would it work if we did it with D20? Do we just decide who gets to be at what level? Or does everyone have to start at level 1?

A padawan or even a Knight isn't gonna be at the same level as a Jedi Master, or the Kai Lord. That(aside from my general loathing of D20) is my primary concern with Saga in a forum like this. We'd likely have a range of characters from rookies to veterans and most people don't like having a huge level disparity. It doesn't matter how intelligently you play your character, how creative you are with your actions...if you're more than 2 or three levels below your opponant, you are hosed. A level 12 Politician will violently sodomize a level 5 Jedi Knight every single time. Feat choices and playstyles be damned. Because that's the way it is, and Stonecold said so.

In D20 he who grinds most wins. The end. And if the level gap between characters is too big,  the campaign becomes impossible to balance. So you either have to force level parity between characters(which i'm not sure will work in this setting. Like I said there's a big difference between Knights and Padawans...Masters and Knights. And the Kai equivalants of those ranks) or accept the idea that some characters will be utterly incapable of contributing to some situations. I'm reminded of that time Spiderman and Daredevil just took a seat on a distant rooftop and casually chatted while watching the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and X-Men in the middle of a desperate all out brawl-for-it-all with Galactus. Or the Z-Fighters in any episode of Dragonball where Goku is present. Or Uryu/Chad/Rukia in any episode of Bleach where Ichigo is present.

That's why I tend to personally prefer systems like Unisystem, BESM, and similar systems. It's less about how many experience points you have in those systems, and more about how you spend them, and how creative you are with your actions and choices. And if you made a bad choice early on in character developement it's not the end of the world. You don't have to worry about crippling your character or concept with a bad choice early on.

Also i'm not sure Saga has any mechanics that would accurately portray some of the Kai's more exotic abilities. Those abilities can be easily represented in games like Unisystem, BESM, GURPs, etc.

Granted I don't actually know that much about Saga, so if you think my assessment of it is unfair, feel free to try and  convince me otherwise.  :-)

AndyZ

SinXAzgard21

I'd like to join up with this game.  Was thinking of a Jedi or Sith who agrees with the Kai's point of view and would like to help in anyway he could.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Scarlet Sonata

While I plan on playing Sith who doesn't get along with the Kai I think maybe you should consider having it be where they are less genocidal. Just think you would get more interested parties if they could fight to take down both the Jedi and Sith factions with the Kai while still playing a force user simply because they agree with the goal of the people. Also you have to think, there are force users who never receive training and are the equivalent of everyday people, you make it sound like even that group would be persecuted. Just a thought though.
I can be a bit lazy for lack of a better word. That means that I usually won't search out a roleplay unless I really have none going. If you want me to participate in one just ask, I will at the very least give it a look.

TheRedFear

That's all workable. I may be misrepresenting them somewhat unintentionally.

They're "Genocidal" in the way that Sith are genocidal. Does every single Sith immediately get up in the morning and ignite Galactic War singlehandedly? No. But it is the kind of thing they're prone to do. But some have their reasons for not raping and pillaging. No two Sith are exactly alike.

No two Kai are exactly alike.

Some just want to stand tall and prove they can rival the legendary Jedi with nothing more than their hard work and willpower. Prove they can match or surpass anybody in the galaxy.

Some feel the Jedi are fine and only Sith need to be stopped. Some rare Kai might even think maybe the Sith have the right idea, of imposing Order and Peace on the Galaxy through Strength.

Most rank and file Kai just want to stop the never-ending cycle of Galaxy-spanning Wars for at least a few generations, and think the Kai's path might just be the way to do it.

Like I said the Kai come from all walks of life, from warriors to merchants. So there can be cross parties. It's tricky, but possible(sort of like how, under the right circumstances a Jedi and Sith might work together toward mutual goals. )

Longterm alliances along this route are alot trickier, but an imaginative writer can make it happen. For Example, the Kai Lord once had a Jedi lover. And a Sith(well, probably more of a dark jedi than an actual Sith) works for him. It's a long story(which i'll get to in depth when I get around to putting up a character list. The Character List will be available for those who want to play those characters. Otherwise i'll just NPC unclaimed characters), but basically she was sadistically abused and experimented upon by her Master until she developed her own twisted hatred of who and what she was. So she aids the Kai now, even knowing that one day it may be her proverbial(or literal) head on the chopping block. But she hopes to share her pain with as many Jedi and Sith as possible before then.

Similar to the idea SinXAzgard21 just had.

It's just as possible for there to be Kai who feel like some forceusers should be given a pass and would even stand up to less honorable Kai to protect them.

Try to remember that I am describing the organization as a whole...but every organization is made up of individuals. And the Kai Lord very specifically tries to keep the Kai semi-decentralized to ensure that they can never be wiped out in one fell swoop like the Followers of Pallawa(The guys who invented Teras Kasi as an anti-jedi fighting technique) were. So that means there are autonomous "Cells" of Kai out there. One Cell might be a bunch of psycho fanatics while another might be much more tolerant and moderate.

Idej

Such an idea might seem very valid for a Legacy Era game.

I'd be interested in playing if it is a Saga Edition game.

TheRedFear

Quote from: Idej on January 10, 2012, 02:20:25 AM
Such an idea might seem very valid for a Legacy Era game.

I'd be interested in playing if it is a Saga Edition game.

I was rather leaning toward the LEgacy Era myself. Still not sold on Saga though.

Zaer Darkwail

A very fascinating story idea here :). How Kai would treat/react to people who are force sensitive? Those who haven't awakened their force side when they are recruited but they start feel more and more attuned to the force without training as time passes?

I am sure you likely found some tech which allows you check the midchlorian values in people and so you could know since recruitment who are force sensitive and so kept carefully eye out for signs of any further development.

Also considering if we take the NPC or PC who was a Jedi, turned to Sith and who then turned away from Sith without returning to becoming a Jedi then that person knows how to train people to be Jedi or Sith (knowing both branches teaching methods and philosophy). Would leader of the Kai use the few followers who are highly force sensitive to be then secretly trained by his secret lover and become infiltrators either to Sith or Jedi based on training what they receive? Or send those people either to Sith or Jedi with little preparation and become so secret agents who work inside in each organization.

Just thinking a Kai follower who is force sensitive, a good follower but who realizes slowly he is force sensitive and shames it and tries hide it despite it's likely futile.

TheRedFear

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 12, 2012, 03:42:36 AM
A very fascinating story idea here :). How Kai would treat/react to people who are force sensitive? Those who haven't awakened their force side when they are recruited but they start feel more and more attuned to the force without training as time passes?

I am sure you likely found some tech which allows you check the midchlorian values in people and so you could know since recruitment who are force sensitive and so kept carefully eye out for signs of any further development.

Also considering if we take the NPC or PC who was a Jedi, turned to Sith and who then turned away from Sith without returning to becoming a Jedi then that person knows how to train people to be Jedi or Sith (knowing both branches teaching methods and philosophy). Would leader of the Kai use the few followers who are highly force sensitive to be then secretly trained by his secret lover and become infiltrators either to Sith or Jedi based on training what they receive? Or send those people either to Sith or Jedi with little preparation and become so secret agents who work inside in each organization.

Just thinking a Kai follower who is force sensitive, a good follower but who realizes slowly he is force sensitive and shames it and tries hide it despite it's likely futile.

Well if we take a "Macroview" the Kai would ideally like to be able to give Force Sensitives(even those who have not had their potential awakened) effectively...neutered. The same way they "neuter" active Force Users they manage to capture alive. Via the alchemical compound that strips people of their force power. It would still work on someone who hasn't had formal training. The mentality behind this would be solving the problem before it actually becomes one.

But on the "microview" they realize that there's really no practical way to implement something like that. In fact as I said earlier, that realization is what would eventually prompt them to forge an alliance(of sorts) in the long run. Right now at any rate, they're way too busy dealing with the big fish to angst over the little ones.

Zaer Darkwail

So there is alchemical solution to remove force sensitivity? Did not know that :P. Well there is then no fuss then. He has been then force sensitive but it was removed upon recruitment, so that is in part of his background.

Idej

Well, with Legacy Era there is Vong stuff and who knows what can be made with the stuff, and since the Vong are effectively "outside" of the force what would be a good thing to use for anti-force stuff than to utilize some of the Yuuzhan Vong's biotech, not all of it, but some of it.

Jmorty33

Adding to what Idej said if you decide to go with some Vhong tech then maybe you can even take some of their weapons like their Amphistaffs and Vhong bugs, since those seemed to have handed Jedi their asses when they went up against the Vhong.

TheRedFear

Leftover Vhong-stuff goes without saying in a Legacy game, hehe.

Well nobody's really making an argument for Saga. So right now it's looking like it'll probably be Freeform.

1) Is that alright with everyone still interested thus far?

2) Does anybody DEFINITELY want SOME sort of system?

3) How many people would be completely put off by a System?

3.1) Would you still be put off if I(or somebody else) handled all System elements behind the scenes on your behalf, giving you the "illusion" of Freeform?