We be Goblins (Pathfinder)

Started by Rassehlum, January 31, 2014, 12:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassehlum

Hello, everyone! I would like to run a Pathfinder campaign here eventually, but I've never done play-by-post on message board. So, to get the hang of things, I will try to run two or three short, stand-alone games first. To start, I want to gather up some people to play We be Goblins. It is a fairly quick adventure in which all of the PCs will play as level 1 goblins. There are pre-gens, but it is fine if someone wants to build their own goblin character. You could even just take a pre-gen's stats and rename it. The pre-gens are:

Reta Bigbad, female fighter
Chuffy Lickwound, male rogue
Poog of Zarongel, male cleric
Mogmurch, male alchemist.

The other out of the ordinary thing about this adventure is that all the PCs are of evil alignment. Anyway, here's the official summary:

The Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh have stumbled upon a great treasure—fireworks! Yet unfortunately for them, the tribe member responsible for the discovery has already been exiled for the abhorrent crime of writing (which every goblin knows steals words from your head). To remedy this situation, the Licktoads’ leader, His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad, has declared that the greatest heroes of the tribe must venture forth to retrieve the rest of the fireworks from a derelict ship stranded in the marsh. In order to prove themselves as the Licktoads’ bravest goblins, the PCs must complete a series of dangerous dares, from swallowing bull slugs and braving the dreaded Earbiter to dancing with Squealy Nord himself. Yet even once they’ve proven their mettle, the adventure is just beginning. For the ship in question is far from uninhabited, and Vorka the cannibal goblin would like nothing better than a few tasty visitors....

Feel free to ask any questions. If you are interested in playing, go ahead and say so as well as which type of character you are interested in.

Magical Mistress Maggie

-pounces and noms on rasse's head with a cutely disproportionate mouth, and pointy teeth- Goblins so cute! Dibs on alchemist. . . I makes my own. Stat buy?

RampantDesires

Chances of the goblins returning to their village instead of just utterly blowing the ship up? Rather slim, but I am intrigued *nods*

I'd be interested in either Chuffy or Reta, but I'm flexible and would be happy to fill in where needed.

Good luck with this :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Magical Mistress Maggie

Kindle Blazebreath lvl 1 Goblin Fire bomber Chaotic Evil
Her Frizzy red hair always seems to be signed at the ends. Lips and finger tips blackened from the many self inflicted burns from spending most of her time playing with fire. Those red eyes portray the maniacal madness of this little fire bug. The smell of smoke seems to be permanent on her clothes, and on her green skin.

Kindle's Song
my sparks get hot, They’ll inflame and ignite
Something's burning, might be you!
The fire Kindle made make ashes out of you

Smoke from the spire, fire in the church
Blazing Abby, burning cathedral
Holy ground burnt down, Bibles turn to ash

Fire fire burning higher
Try to set the world on fire
Smoke on the mire, fire in the night

Str 7 (-2) Dex 16 (+3) Con 12 (+1) Int 18 (+4) Wis 10 ( 0 ) Cha 7 (-2)
AC 17 Hp 9
Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 0 Fire Resist 1
BaB 0 Melee -1 Range +4
Base speed 30x4
CMB -3 CMD 10

Craft (alchemy)11, Appraise (Int) 8,  Disable Device (Dex) 6, Knowledge (arcana) 8 (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int) 8, Perception (Wis) 8, Spellcraft (Int) 8, Use Magic Device (Cha) 2, stealth (Dex) 7

Languages Goblin, common, orc, Dwarf, Gnome

Favored class bonus Alchemist The alchemist gains fire resistance 1. Each time this reward is selected, increase fire resistance by +1. This fire resistance does not stack with fire resistance gained from other sources.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency all simple weapons and bombs. A fire bomber treats a torch as a simple weapon. They are also proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Feats
Burn! Burn! Burn! Brew Potion (Ex) Throw Anything (Ex) Fire Bombardier (Su or Ex)

Mutagen (Su) +4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Natural Ac

Bomb (Su) 5 x day Fire damage 1d6+4 / 6 splash Range 20

Traits
Bouncy, Alchemical Adept, Over-Sized Ears Goblins with this racial trait gain a +4 bonus on Perception checks. This racial trait replaces skilled. Fast Movement, Darkvision

Formulas and Recipes
Ant Haul, Bomber's Eye, Crafter's Fortune, Cure Light Wounds, Shock Shield,Touch of the Sea

Extracts per day 2xday 1st lvl

Equipment
Studded leather armor,
Long Spear
Light Crossbow
50 Crossbow Bolts
10 tindertwigs
Flint and steel
Torches x 100
Oil, Kerosine
Alchemist's Fire x 14
Oil, Lamp x 25
Bandolier x 2
Backpack
Bed roll and blanket
2 days trail rations
Jar of fire flies
Pockets full of ashes

Money 2 gold 1 silver 1 copper

Just before Kindle reached adult hood she follow her kin on a town raid, unknown to them. During the chaos of the raid Kindle snuck into the wizard’s home and stole alchemical compounds. Quickly she found use for these items by ‘experimenting’ with them on town guards, dogs, horses, women, and children. Kindle found that she adored the destructive power of alchemist fire, and the very next time Kindle tailed a raiding party she not only grabbed the senile old coot’s alchemist fire, but all the books and components that appeared to detail the creation of these wonderful toys. A year was spent teaching herself to read, and learn new languages just to decipher the texts on alchemy. The fine art of science finally belonged to her after shutting herself in with her stolen books and barely the basic of tools for the craft. Becoming detached from Goblin society through the great deal of time dedicated to study: she finds herself hording her knowledge and treating it like a secret.  Kindle has been known to spit fire on grabby Goblins with sticky fingers, which is why she moved to the out skirts of the village and stashed her fire where nosey little upstarts couldn’t find it. One fire crazed goblin with enough flammables to burn down the village was enough. However simply hiding her greatness wasn’t something Kindle could live with, anytime there was a festivity Kindle would put on a display of fire breathing, fireworks, and a massive bon fire.

Magical Mistress Maggie

Used 20 point buy, max start gold for class, and paid the crafting cost for all alchemical items vs retail cost. She already needs to go shopping. . . Let me know if I have to change anything, or have to explain something. Probably add more to her description later.

Ebb

This looks like it could be a nice light-hearted (albeit evil) game. If you can fill out the crew, I'd be happy to play either Chuffy or Poog.

Rassehlum

Awesome, I'm glad to see some interest.

Quote from: Magical Mistress Maggie on February 04, 2014, 06:13:31 PM
-pounces and noms on rasse's head with a cutely disproportionate mouth, and pointy teeth- Goblins so cute! Dibs on alchemist. . . I makes my own. Stat buy?

Being thick-headed, Rassehlum takes the chomping like a champion, smirking the whole time.

20 point buy is great, Mistress Maggie. Kindle Blazebreath looks good. Ebb and Rampant, choose whichever character you would like. Four players is ideal, but three is fine, and if all three of you are in for sure we can hopefully get started next week! I will get together some more info about running a game here on E (like how dice rolling works) and post again this weekend.

As for frequency, I will likely be able to post nightly. There are weeks like this last one, however, where I get busy and I'm not around for a few days. If any of you have any other questions feel free to ask.

RampantDesires

After some consideration (and as awesome as Reta looks!) I decided I'd rather make my own character.  Still a front line smashy type.

MELLY DOGBITER
Female Barbarian 1
Init +5; Senses Perception +4, Darkvision 60 ft
==DEFENSE/Raging==
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+4 armor, +3 dex, +1 size)
hp 18 (1d12+3+1) +2 Con bonus from Rage
SR 0
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2
Armor Hide Shirt, Light
==OFFENSE/Raging==
Spd 40 ft/x4
Melee Razor Bite +6 (1d4+4) 20/x2
Ranged Javelin +5 (1d4+4) 20/x2
Special Attacks Hard Head, Big Teeth (PFARG 115)
==STATISTICS/Raging==
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
BAB +1, CMB +4, CMD +17
==DEFENSE/Normal==
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 dex, +1 size)
hp 16 (1d12+3+1 favored class)
SR 0
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0
Armor Hide Shirt, Light
==OFFENSE/Normal==
Spd 40 ft/x4
Melee Razor Bite +4 (1d4+2) 20/x2
Ranged Javelin +5 (1d4+2) 20/x2
Special Attacks Hard Head, Big Teeth (PFARG 115)
==STATISTICS/Normal==
Str 14, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
BAB +1, CMB +2, CMD +15

Feats Armor Proficiency (LIGHT / MEDIUM) (PFCR 118), Opening Volley (PFUC 112), Shield Proficiency (PFCR 133)
Opening Volley (Combat)
Your ranged assault leaves your foe disoriented and vulnerable to your melee attack.
Benefit: Whenever you deal damage with a ranged attack, you gain a +4 circumstance bonus on the next melee attack roll you make against the opponent. This attack must occur before the end of your next turn.

Skills Acrobatics +4 [Jump +8, Jump with running start +8], Intimidate +3, Perception +4, Survival +4
Special Abilities - Rage 7 rounds per day.  A barbarian can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive. While in rage, a barbarian gains a +4 morale bonus to her Strength and Constitution, as well as a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase to Constitution grants the barbarian 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the rage ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.
A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued (-2 Str -2 Dex) after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death. (PFCR 32)
Traits Dog-Sniff-Hate (Race: Goblin) (PFCo: GoG 16), Reactionary (Combat) (PFAPG 328)
Dog-Sniff-Hate (Goblin)
Benefit: You gain the scent special quality but only against canine creatures, like dogs or wolves, including monstrous hounds such as hell hounds, yeth hounds, and even werewolves. You gain a +2 trait bonus on attack rolls against dogs you can smell.

Languages Goblin

Equipment
Hide shirt, made from the remains of her infamous dog fight
5 Javelins
Dog collar with the name Freya scratched out and modified worn as a bandana
10 ft of rope usually wound around her waist

Appearance/Attitude:
A bit on the small side Melly isn't quite three feet tall, she is however wiry and quite strong  and likes to show that fact off by trying to smash and bend things. She is rarely ever seen without her beloved hide shirt and she tends to weave things into the coarse and matted dog hair, bits of bone, even the occasional animal corpse like a bird or rat that she is 'saving for later'. 

Unlike some goblins she prefers her food cooked, in fact she considers herself quite the chef (at least she would if she understood the term).  She likes to play with her food, before its death and during the cooking process.  Favorite ingredients include blood (sometimes her own), mud, other kinds of mud, bark, but bird eyes are her absolute favorite garnish.  Hunting birds for these precious treats consumes much of her average day.  Sometimes she kills the bird first, other time its fun to let other goblins, especially the children, 'play' with the blinded avians.

Though she can be rather aggressive at times it is easy to distract her or get her to do what you want by making her think she'd come up with the idea herself.  She responds well to flattery and tends to take everything literally, things like sarcasm and exaggeration don't even register. 

History:
When Melly was rather young and a bit more stupid than she currently is she and several others went on an unsanctioned town raid.  Ill equipped even for goblins things went poorly from the start, but all hell broke lose when one of the sentry dogs caught their scent and broke its leash.  It was a mad scramble of retreat then.  In the retellings of the story Melly turned and ran at the creature in a rage while her companions escaped, in reality she tripped and the dog was on her before she could do anything else. 

Three days later she arrived back at the village bleeding but victorious, the beast slain and slung over her shoulders ... okay so kind of dragged behind her, but still!  From that day on Melly has taken a somewhat unconventional  approach to combat.  Instead of being afraid of dogs like her brethren she has decided to emulate them (though she still hates them quite fiercely).  Once she has thrown her javelins (usually carries one in each hand while the others are kind of strapped across her back) or the enemy has closed in on her she goes at her opponents barking ferociously (at least in her mind)  bypassing other weapons and using only her wicked sharp teeth. Rages only when biting things.

Fight Song
Squash their eyes and make a jelly
Delicious things go in my belly
Little, fearsome, kinda smelly
Dogs cower from the vicious Melly

Personal Theme Song :)
Smashing faces stabbing heads
Melly make their blood run reds
Rip their throats and bite their legs
Make them whimper make them begs
I might be stupid, rude and crude
But you is tasty food that's chewed!

General Philosophy
Goblins hunt, steal, break and take
Kill the horses and turn into steak
Burn the houses have humans crawl
Make them cry and smash them all
Cut them down and suck their bones
Laugh at the sobs and pitiful moans
Make them tremble in stupid beds
Goblins sneak in and bash up heads!

I need to stop writing goblin songs, but damn they are fun.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Magical Mistress Maggie

Was looking at Melly, and thought Feral Gnasher archetype would fit really well, along with lesser hurl, hurling charge, lesser beast totem all the way to greater beast totem. Does a javelin sticking up out of a dead body count as an unattended object?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-goblin/feral-gnasher-barbarian-goblin
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers

Don't let me tell you what to do, Melly's yours after all. Just thought I'd bring some options to your attention that you may not have known about.

RampantDesires

Yeah I wanted to keep fast movement though.  Rage powers don't come into play until second level, but thanks for the research :)

Ebb

Man, now I feel like if I take one of the pre-gens it'll be like walking into a Starbucks and ordering a plain black coffee.

Let me knock my remaining brain cells together and roll up something tonight.

Magical Mistress Maggie

Very welcome Ramp. I'm super uber excited!

What class/es are you looking at Ebb?

Ebb

Bug Bigbelly, Goblin Druid
Sheet on plothook.net: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13234
(plothook doesn't seem to have a convenient way to export a text version. I can copy and paste if necessary).

Background
Bug Bigbelly is one of the fattest goblins in his tribe. As a child he was unpopular, even as goblins go, but soon figured out a way of ingratiating himself with his peers by accepting any conceivable dare. Most such dares were of the rather simple "eat this" variety, but among a people used to slurping down grubs and rotted meat Bug had to exceed all expectations through his natural ability of choking down virtually anything organic. Still, he was not popular, and he spent most of his time alone in the swampy woods communing with nature, mostly in the form of vermin.

One day his life changed as he was approached by the biggest toad he had ever seen. The giant beast looked straight at Bug and spoke a single word: Lamashtu. With nothing more than this obviously divine vision to base his faith upon he swore allegiance to the demon queen and took the giant toad, now named Mabel, as his faithful companion and link to his goddess. Mabel has, to the best of Bug's knowledge, never spoken since.

The other goblins in the tribe are skeptical of Bug's new divine status, but are also uninterested in having Mabel bite them, so it's pretty much live and let live. Bug is still considered one of the least popular goblins in the tribe. He just doesn't care as much now, because he has a calling. And, just as importantly, a friend.

Appearance
Even for a goblin, Bug is kind of disgusting. His distended belly is clearly visible through the seams of his ill-fitting armor. He carries a wide assortment of things that most people wouldn't pick up if you paid them to.

Bug's Theme Song
Things with lots of wiggly legs
Things that squirt out jelly eggs
Things that wriggle, things that crawl
Don't judge me -- I love them all!

Hookworm, flatworm, greenworm, blue,
I like them more than I like you!
Some days when I'm in the mood,
I'll serve you up to them as food!

Equipment
giant toad riding saddle and saddlebags
sling
leather armor
scythe
backpack full of slugs
sling bullets (stone) (lots)
sling bullets (dried mud) (lots)
pouch of worms and earth
back half of a squirrel
necklace made of assorted teeth
flint and steel
rope
jar of lard
30 gp of emeralds (swallowed, in sewn intestine bag)
one stylish shoe. one crappy shoe (both left)
pouch of dung (contains all of Bug's coins)
ball of hair
assorted lice and other parasites
waterskin containing water and leeches
needle and catgut

Ebb

One loathsome goblin druid, served up cold. Ready to go, GM.

kckolbe

I can pop on daily to do rolls and ooc questions, but as far as actual posts go I am only good for about twice a week.  Is that all right?  If so, I can work up a bard/rogue type.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RampantDesires

Also I know this is in the Non-Adult forum for now, but I'm not entirely certain I can RP a chaotic evil goblin in a pg-13 manner O.o Have you thought about moving it to one of the other sections with fewer restrictions just in case?

toshiue

Still any spots open for this? I did a goblin campaign back in 3.0 that a friend ran and it was hilarious. I'd be interested if there is still room.

kckolbe

I haven't started working on a char, toshiue, so go for it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

toshiue

Oh no, if it is full already I didn't want to push anyone else out. I just want sure if all the group had been filled yet.

kckolbe

Well, I wasn't confident I could meet the posting expectancy, so was kinda on the fence.

Intro Thread

toshiue

Only if you are sure. There are plenty of other games out there I don't want to push anyone out.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

toshiue

K. Thanks. Now to get in to the mindset of a goblin.

Ebb

It's probably worth waiting for Rassehlum to chime in. For all we know he might be willing to take five players. It's often good practice to pack a spare player or two for these group games, to account for potential drop-offs along the way.

Rassehlum

Hey everybody! 5 players is fine. Difficulty and all that can be adjusted accordingly. 6 would  be too much, though, so if there is anyone else that wants to join up they would have to be on a wait list.

Rampant, I started the thread in this forum while I was still unnapproved. It would certainly be no problem to start the OCC and game threads over on the adult side. I actually prefer it like that.

Player sheets look good so far, and the personalities and backstories are great. I love Melly's list of favorite ingredients: "...mud, other kinds of mud..." I'm also glad to see Ebb using the Pathfinder gods for Bug.