The Monsters on Campus. (Seeking More players) (Horror/mystery)

Started by Lustful Bride, March 07, 2016, 03:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

(We could really use some more players since a few of ours dropped out)

So take a look and hopefully lets all team up to beat some monsters, a more mature version of the Scooby Gang/The Monster Squad or Cabin in the Woods.

NOTE: This is NOT a Scooby Doo RP I'm just using the image because it looks cool

It all started because of an invitation to a rave party. It was spring break so who cared? Its not like they had classes to go to. So a lot of people showed up to the woods and the old cemetery where the party was going on at, smoking, drinking, screwing the night away. Who would have cared? It was public land. Everyone was so busy partying to notice when some uninvited guests joined in, a man in a suit, who was impossibly tall. Some people in hoodies with their faces covered by masks, some scurrying creature moving under the food tables. Only a few of the partiers managed to notice, and they got a full eye to eye contact with these things. So when the monsters that had all converged down upon this veritable buffet of Humans finally began slaughtering, feasting and kidnapping the drunken partiers. The few who had their eyes open to the occult beings around them, were able to fight and run away, using the panic to their own advantage. In the process of ensuring their own survival, and that of others, they have also caught the eye of these creatures. It was very rare for a Human to stand against them, let alone multiple Humans.

If there is anything they don't like, it is being denied a meal/victims. And so they followed the scent f the survivors to a new nesting ground, a new place to feed and new victims to torture.

There are many monsters roaming about the campus grounds now. To many it might be impossible to beat them. They can be seen at night if one is unlucky, and their signs are visible in the day to those who know to truly look. Everyone else has their eyes closed save for those few who truly saw them at the Rave. But their signs are everywhere, disaperances, dead animals, people, those who have been touched by evil and left tainted. Those who can see, cannot ignore them.

And some of those who are into filming themselves, have caught rather..disturbing footage when they forget to shut their cameras off. From within the very dorm rooms the survivors sleep within.
Monster in the Closet!

The monsters are on Campus now, the evidence has been piling up but no one believes us. Who would believe the survivors of the Rave slaughter? Our "Fragile minds" have been traumatized by the events of that night, and they say we're just making the stories of the monsters up to cope with the experience. So the creatures have been given free reign, and are running rampant throughout the college and the nearby town. The dead, and missing piling up quickly. How much longer before we, the survivors that saw them that night, can last before we too fall into their claws? Our best hope is to team up to try, and fight back, or at the very least find a way to protect ourselves from these creatures, Runes, and magic. Maybe, just maybe, we can kill them or uncover some kind of eldritch knowledge to stop the evil. if it doesn't kill us first by mere touch. 

Even if we lose, at the very least we can all die saying we were brave enough to give Slenderman the middle finger.

Basic Premise
So, just in case there was any confusion about what is going on, this game will follow a group of college students of different types (Jock, nerd, preppy, stoner, etc.) who have all survived an attack by various different monsters. Despite surviving the rave, the monsters follow them back to their college and make it their new nesting ground.

Now these people all need to unite and work together to fight the monsters. They will all be breaking the stereotypes like Cabin In the Woods. The Jock might be knowledgeable in First Aid, the nerd might know Judo or something. Lets all kick ass together and have fun as we form our own mystery team/ monster hunter group. Or die horribly, either way.

Character Sheet

[center][size=12pt][b]Your character's nameName[b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img padding=10]Flavor Image[/img][/float]
(Your image can eb anything so long as it works with the situation, I don't mind if its live action or drawn, or both :P)

[b]Role:[/b] What does your character do? Are they the nerd? Jock? Stoner? Are they a stoner but also a badass? You decide! ^_^

[b]Sex:[/b] Self Explanatory.

[b]Sexuality:[/b] Self Explanatory.

[b]Special Skill:[/b] One thing that will help your character survive or help the group as a whole. This could either be something part of yoru character or something unexpected, maybe the beauty queen is actually a nurse, maybe the Jock actually knows how to hack a computer. Be inventive, its all your own to go with. But [b]NO[/b] magic or over the top things. Your a college student, no way you are abel to summon demons or get an APC onto the campus, itd ruin the lawn anyway.

[b]Weakness:[/b] Something that helps keep your character in check, that can be used against them in times of crisis.

Reputation:[/b] Do people around campus/town know you for something? If so what is it? Or maybe your new here, or shy, and haven't really had a chance to meet anyone yet.

[b]Bio:[/b] Just alittle something about your character to help us know them and how they got to the rave, face to face with real monsters.

[b]Oppinions of Classmates/fellow survivors: [/b] This one is Completely Optional. You don't have to include it if you don't want to, but it could be fun to see how they think.

Character examples
(Feel free to grab the available ones if you cant come up with one of your own/happen to like them.)

Caroline Becker (I claim this one)

Name: Caroline Becker.
Role: Nerd
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Special Skill: Aptitude for Occult Research.
Weakness: anything involving lots of running or cardio of most types.
Reputation: none, goes to classes and stays in her dorm. Rumors are that she's friends with Evan.

BIO: Caroline was always a lonely girl, she didn't have any friends all throughout most of her childhood. In highschool she was bullied and made fun of for her nerdy attitude.  She wasn't interested in playing their games or wearing make up, instead preferring to read and watch anime or other such nerdy things. When she finally made it to college though things changed! People were so much nicer, and she even met a friend! Even though Evan is a pothead he's very kind to her. He showed her that weed wasn't so bad and specifically grows a very weak plant just for her. So when the time for the big rave in the forest she was slightly excited, if alittle nervous, but she eventually relented and joined in. Though she mostly only came to the Rave because Evan was there and said the people were chill and copacetic....whatever that means. Shes still content to sit around and listen to the music and people watch, at the least she isn't the only lonely person that showed up. There was some man in a suit standing off between the trees looking kind of lonely, and there were a group of hoodies off to themselves talking...maybe she should say hello? Right after she finds Evan and asks for her Zippo Lighter back. She always forgets to get when she leaves it at his dorm.

Evan Mitchell (Character Claimed by Mellowdude)

Name: Evan Mitchell
Role: Stoner/Berserker
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Does weed count?
Special Skill: Immune to mental manipulation. (Seems Medical Marijuana does work)
Weakness: First to get hurt and not always the kind of person who thinks things through.
Repuation: Your Friendly neighborhood Stoner/dealer. (He sells the all natural stuff)

Bio: Even has never really been much of a trouble maker, he prefers to just cruise through life and chiling out with a good blunt. but at the same time he was never really motivated to do anything without his own interests in mind. Why would he? Money makes the world go round, not love, and other depressing shit like that. Sure he might occasionaly help his fellow man, like making sure that girl Caroline only gets the stuff that calms her nerves, not get her high. But he still needs money. So he got into the business of weed, and breeding marijuana plants to make the perfect blend. His stuff is more medicinal in nature than the kind that makes people think they can fly and end up falling off buildings, and in a college full of people worried about finals, he was in the money to be sure.

He plans to eventually patent his plants for pharmaceuticals....as soon as he stops smoking his shit and forgetting to water them. The last batch was pretty bad though, he kept seeing some kind of monster at the edge of his bed. And what was worse was how he kept hearing voices. It wasn't until he smoked his best batch (Medicinal one) that he finally calmed down. He finally managed to get some real sleep for a change. Needless to say, the bad trip one has been destroyed and never smoked...so why does he keep feeling like hes being followed? Whoever it is better stop, because he's getting sick of this shit, cant a man just enjoy a good smoke break anymore? Fucking asshole monsters... whatever, theres a Rave tonight and he plans on getting Caroline to come along, that girl needs less anime and more friends.

Ananya Maheswaran (Character up for grabs)

Name: Ananya Maheswaran.
Role: Unknown
Sexuality: (Up to the player)
Special Skill: (Up to the Player)
Weakness: (up to the player)

Bio:Up to the player.

Her opinion of the others: So her American friends think that if they can outcrazy the monsters then just maybe they can get them to choose others as prey. As loathe as she is to admit it...that might actually be a good idea.

Abigale "Abby" Jefferson.( Character Up for Grabs).

Name: Abigale Jefferson
Role: Jock/leader?
Sexuality: (Up to the player)
Special Skill: Mechanic.
Weakness: Terrible depth perception/ only see out of one eye.

Bio:Abby had enlisted in the navy straight out of highschool. She had no idea what she wanted to do with her life and didn't want to burden her family with debt due to her indecision. So she joined the navy and became part of a repair unit, helping keep the ships in ship shape. Most of what she learned she learned on the job, through experience and work. She actually enjoyed it and signed up for another run in the Navy, until her accident. Abigale was injured when fixing the engine of a Coast Guard cutter that had stalled and was drifting out to sea. There was a loose bolt rattling around inside which did internal damage, until the pressure built up when she reactivated it, sending a piece flying around the room. It ricocheted around and struck her in the side of her head, nearly taking her eye out. She survived but is now completely blind in her left eye. Still she's a tough girl and doesn't let it bother her, even when people stare. Now she is using the GI bill to get her education. She has a real chance at passing and just needs to decide what to major in. For the most part she spends her time studying and working odd jobs. There was talk of a party during one of her classes that was going to happen on Spring Break and Abby thought it might be fun to let her hair down for once.

Too bad that the party was disappointing. Nothing but a bunch of horny teens looking to fuck and drink till they drop. She decided after only ten minutes that she wanted to go home. So Abbey decided to go through the forests as a short cut, a straight line to town. But the more she walked through the woods, the longer it felt, winding and oppressive, the only thing keeping her from freaking out was the fact that she knew the way home, and she kept humming and mumbling old Navy songs to herself.

It was in between those songs that she heard the crying, and the chittering sound. When she turned around, she saw...well there are no words for what she saw. It was some kind of...bird, animal, man, thing, holding a kid, sobbing, kicking and screaming as the creature pulled them along. It was tying to take them up into the tree to some type of nest. Needless to say, Abbey stepped in, thinking that this was some kind of insane Pedophile. The beat down she laid upon the creature would become the stuff of legends, leaving her knuckles all bruised, dripping the monster's blood, and a slight limp in her step from where she nearly broke her foot off in the creature's ass. As she carried the child away from the twitching corpse the child looked at her like she was a superhero. She might have only one eye, but she still hits just as hard as she did back in the Navy and could run as fast as any ParaRescue. It was just as she cleared the main set of trees that she heard the screaming, whatever was going on, it was happening at the Rave too.

Whatever is going on, she needed to get the kid out and anyone else she could to safety.
(I only now realize she looks kind of like Michonne ....meh makes Abby all the more badass ^_^)

Just a basic look at what a characters might be like/ a few premade characters. This is just a basic idea an I am not one hundred percent sure where to go with it. Hence why I would really like someone to join me and help me write this. So feel free to call on me or show your interest. This could be a lot of fun if we all gang up on weaker monsters and beat the living shit out of them until they limp away, and then beat them up some more. Because that's how we roll 8-)

You don't even have to be a student, maybe the friendly Campus security officer Wimbly who always eats donugts was a former ParaRescue and just does this job for beer money, and comes to save the day when the crew is surrounded. Maybe your a badass kung fu janitor or the local pastor who kicks ass for the lord.
Or maybe you are just a professor who wants to document what's going on for their own fame and fortune. Its the discovery of the Century, why not write about it, and later on revise it to make yourself look like the kind and loving professor who helped these poor kids beat the boogeyman. The movie deals practically write themselves.

Also just because this is horror related, don't expect us to follow the horror movie tropes, if anything we will be breaking them and mocking them as much as we can. So no "Lets split up to cover more ground."

Current Threads.

Approved Characters.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245806.0

In Character Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246051.0

Out Of Character Thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246035.0

mellowdude

Tentative dibs on Evan Mitchell. The character kinda clicks with me on a few levels.

On a different note, I think it'd be funny if there was at least one student who for one, decides to switch sides and welcome our new demon overlords (maybe an NPC), and possibly at least one monster who gets converted to team good(ish?) (probably better if it's one of the less powerful ones) due to realizing they like weed, alcohol, tv shows, videogames and/or human 'companionship'  ;).

Lustful Bride

Quote from: mellowdude on March 09, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
Tentative dibs on Evan Mitchell. The character kinda clicks with me on a few levels.

On a different note, I think it'd be funny if there was at least one student who for one, decides to switch sides and welcome our new demon overlords (maybe some asshole NPC), and possibly at least one monster who gets converted to team good(ish?) (probably better if it's one of the less powerful ones) due to realizing they like weed, alcohol, tv shows, videogames and/or human 'companionship'  ;).

Ironically Evan is taken from a series called EverymanHYBRID and in it he actually
Major Spoilers!
got possessed by a demon and used like a puppet. He even shows up in other series involving slenderman or The Rake. Crossovers are so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbvzdKBIPQ

Actually I do plan to have some inhuman assistance showing up. Though all things come with a price!

Valerian

I'm not much good at GMing, but this does sound like an idea I'd like to play, probably with some sort of nerd character.  And definitely a demon needs to throw in with the humans -- maybe a PC starts trying out magic and something unexpected happens that binds the monster to the human, something along those lines.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Valerian on March 10, 2016, 11:05:00 AM
I'm not much good at GMing, but this does sound like an idea I'd like to play, probably with some sort of nerd character.  And definitely a demon needs to throw in with the humans -- maybe a PC starts trying out magic and something unexpected happens that binds the monster to the human, something along those lines.  :)

That's fine, I'm not looking for someone to 100% take over, just a Co-GM or two to help carry the load.

That would be fine. Feel free to write up a character, since we are using monsters and creatures from all over then you can have a demon in the normal Judeo-Islamic-Christian version or a demon from another culture who happened to get pulled along with the other monsters here. Id recommend only a minor or weak one though so as to avoid anything OP heheeh a bad luck demon whose the reason you lose your car keys or your phone all the time.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"Fortune Cookie says, 'youre fucked bro!'...wow this one is surprisingly accurate!"

If you know anyone else who might want to join feel free to let them know :-)

mellowdude

I suppose I could give co co gming a shot. Uh, any suggestions for freeform gming? I'm used to system heavy games so this is new territory for me.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: mellowdude on March 12, 2016, 10:23:48 AM
I suppose I could give co co gming a shot. Uh, any suggestions for freeform gming? I'm used to system heavy games so this is new territory for me.

Not sure...kind of feels weak with only 3 people. :/

Lustful Bride

Well if youre willing to Co Gm...I wonder if we can move this to the other Group request thread since we are looking for players now... I'm unsure of who to ask about that.

Tamhansen

This looks like something I could get into.

Give me a bit to come up with a good char.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chrystal

Well dayum, girl, why didn't you point me at this?

Dibs on Abby? And I'll be more than happy to Co-GM with you...

And as she's a major buch jock type, you better make her sexuality Lesbian Domme!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kokaine

Might be interested. Gotta see what sort of character I can come up with.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Chrystal on March 12, 2016, 12:52:53 PM
Well dayum, girl, why didn't you point me at this?

Dibs on Abby? And I'll be more than happy to Co-GM with you...

And as she's a major buch jock type, you better make her sexuality Lesbian Domme!

Wheee!!! I could have sworn I did *latches onto your back like a happy sloth* We shall have lots of fun!

If you want her then her sexuality is up to you ;-)

QuoteMight be interested. Gotta see what sort of character I can come up with

No worries. Take your time and when you feel ready just drop your character in ^_^ If you need any help just let me know.

Kokaine

I am debating between Cheerleader who plays dumb but is actually fairly intelligent or laid back Art student who is a bit on the spacey side.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Kokaine on March 12, 2016, 01:08:12 PM
I am debating between Cheerleader who plays dumb but is actually fairly intelligent or laid back Art student who is a bit on the spacey side.

Oohhh those both sound good.....why not both? A Cheerleader who secretly likes to paint or do some other type of artwork.

Kokaine

Hmm... could be interesting. A Cheerleader hiding the fact that she draws comics and isn't dumb as rocks? Maybe was dating someone she couldn't stand all for appearances sake. Let me see what I can do...

My O/Os

Chrystal

*giggles* Honey, you asked me if I'd be interested in the concept, and suggested the character to me that you wanted me to play... You didn't give me a thread link, or if you did, I can't find it!

And as we actually discussed Abby's character, then I think she is definitely mine!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Valerian

Still working on a nerd character with some sort of hidden survival talent.   :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lustful Bride

Out of curiosity should I create a list of the monsters we might encounter, or would you all prefer it to be a surprise?

Chrystal

From my point of view a surprise is better...

Both as a player and Co-GM. FRom a GM perspective, creating a list of monsters has several drawbacks:

1) Including monsters that some people don't like can put players off - prime example, I do not like games with vampires, werewolves and zombies. I generally avoid them like the plague. Other players don't like tentacle creatures....

2) You can put a lot of work into creating the list only to have much of it go to waste.

3) People like surprises

4) it's sometimes just a lot easier to make things up as you go.

5) Publishing a list of monsters locks you in to that list and means that if you need a different monster because all the existing ones are dead, you have a problem.

6) If the list is not definitive, and there could be monsters not on the list, then why have the list?

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Crash on March 13, 2016, 03:48:56 PM
I wouldn't mind playing Ananya Maheswaran.

You can either play as her or make up your own character, im fine with either one :P

Crash

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 13, 2016, 03:52:25 PM
You can either play as her or make up your own character, im fine with either one :P

You hadn't defined much about her so she is pretty open.  I will just flesh her out some.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

mellowdude

Made a few slight modifications, but he's still more or less the same person.

Evan Mitchell

Special Skill: Immune to mental manipulation. (Seems Medical Marijuana does work)
Weakness: First to get hurt and not always the kind of person who thinks things through.
Repuation: Your Friendly neighborhood Stoner/dealer. (He sells the all natural stuff)

Bio: Even has never really been much of a trouble maker, he prefers to just cruise through life and chiling out with a good blunt. but at the same time he was never really motivated to do anything without his own interests in mind, and sometimes not even then. Why would he? Money makes the world go round, not love, and other depressing shit like that. Sure he might occasionally help his fellow man (we're all stuck here anyway, so might as well make the best of it), like making sure that girl Caroline only gets the stuff that calms her nerves, not get her high. But he still needs money. So he got into the business of weed, and breeding marijuana plants to make the perfect blend. His stuff is more medicinal in nature than the kind that makes people think they can fly and end up falling off buildings, and in a college full of people worried about finals, he was in the money to be sure.

He keeps an eye on other dealers in the area. Most of them are decent enough people (he knew from experience not to judge too readily), but occasionally, some asshole starts selling hard stuff and then he gets involved and things get sometimes get messy. It's still just for the money. A healthy customer is a repeat customer after all. At least, that's what he keeps telling himself.

His loose clothing makes it difficult to tell, but Evan works out regularly and has delivered beatdowns in the past with whatever was nearby at the time.

Evan plans to eventually patent his plants for pharmaceuticals....as soon as he stops smoking his shit and forgetting to water them. The last batch was pretty bad though, he kept seeing some kind of monster at the edge of his bed. And what was worse was how he kept hearing voices. It wasn't until he smoked his best batch (Medicinal one) that he finally calmed down. He finally managed to get some real sleep for a change. Needless to say, the bad trip one has been destroyed and never smoked...so why does he keep feeling like hes being followed? Whoever it is better stop, because he's getting sick of this shit, cant a man just enjoy a good smoke break anymore? Fucking asshole monsters... whatever, theres a Rave tonight and he plans on getting Caroline to come along, that girl needs less anime and more friends.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: mellowdude on March 13, 2016, 05:08:47 PM
Made a few slight modifications, but he's still more or less the same person.

Evan Mitchell

Bio: Even has never really been much of a trouble maker, he prefers to just cruise through life and chiling out with a good blunt. but at the same time he was never really motivated to do anything without his own interests in mind, and sometimes not even then. Why would he? Money makes the world go round, not love, and other depressing shit like that. Sure he might occasionally help his fellow man (we're all stuck here anyway, so might as well make the best of it), like making sure that girl Caroline only gets the stuff that calms her nerves, not get her high. But he still needs money. So he got into the business of weed, and breeding marijuana plants to make the perfect blend. His stuff is more medicinal in nature than the kind that makes people think they can fly and end up falling off buildings, and in a college full of people worried about finals, he was in the money to be sure.

He keeps an eye on other dealers in the area. Most of them are decent enough people (he knew from experience not to judge too readily), but occasionally, some asshole starts selling hard stuff and then he gets involved and things get sometimes get messy. It's still just for the money. A healthy customer is a repeat customer after all. At least, that's what he keeps telling himself.

His loose clothing makes it difficult to tell, but Evan works out regularly and has delivered beatdowns in the past with whatever was nearby at the time.

Evan plans to eventually patent his plants for pharmaceuticals....as soon as he stops smoking his shit and forgetting to water them. The last batch was pretty bad though, he kept seeing some kind of monster at the edge of his bed. And what was worse was how he kept hearing voices. It wasn't until he smoked his best batch (Medicinal one) that he finally calmed down. He finally managed to get some real sleep for a change. Needless to say, the bad trip one has been destroyed and never smoked...so why does he keep feeling like hes being followed? Whoever it is better stop, because he's getting sick of this shit, cant a man just enjoy a good smoke break anymore? Fucking asshole monsters... whatever, theres a Rave tonight and he plans on getting Caroline to come along, that girl needs less anime and more friends.

Feel Free to move him to the Approved Character Thread :-)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245806.0

Valerian

Okay, how's this?

Zoe Hawkins
Zoe Hawkins

Role: Nerd

Sexuality: Hetero

Special Skill: Survival skills / life hacks

Weakness: Zoe isn't very strong and isn't much help in close combat.

Reputation: Depending on who you talk to, Zoe is either shy and awkward or a stuck-up snob who thinks she's better than everyone else.  She is known to be willing to help tutor anyone who needs help, and she's good at a lot of subjects.

Bio: Zoe has always liked being able to coast through school and through life without attracting much attention, just getting good grades and otherwise hiding out in her room or the library.  Anything else just causes trouble sooner or later, and she's much better off sticking with what she knows.  But one day she gave in to temptation just long enough to let herself get talked into going to a rave by one of the popular girls that she was tutoring, and that only proved Zoe's point.  Now the whole campus has trouble like you wouldn't believe.  Worse, she found out right away that the only reason she'd been invited in the first place is because Susanna and her snooty friend wanted someone around to make fun of.  If the two of them hadn't been torn into tiny bits before her eyes, Zoe would still be mad at them.

It was partly luck that Zoe survived, but she was also more ready than most for something like this.  She never really believed in the zombie apocalypse as such, but she wasn't willing to completely dismiss the idea, either.  So she learned about survival techniques and joined a couple of survivalist forums where people discuss their plans, trying to be prepared for any kind of disaster.  Her knowledge so far is mostly theoretical, but she's picked up a lot of helpful tricks about dealing with undead, victims of super-rabies, and of course other survivalists that work almost as well against demons and monsters.

Though she's a pretty decent shot with a rifle and is also learning archery, she's not yet very experienced with moving targets.  She's very worried about the idea of accidentally hitting an innocent bystander and is practicing hard to improve her aim.

Opinions of Classmates/fellow survivors: Zoe finds most other people to be scary and tends to avoid them outside of classwork... though now that she's seen beings that are really scary, she's changing her mind about that and is glad to have other people around who understand, even if they're not all the sort of people she would normally hang out with.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE