DnD Online - Interest Check

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 18, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, for 1st level you have full of your HD (d12) + Con Mod. So 12+Con Mod. Just remember your spear/weapon is a +2 item (so either raw +2 enchant or +1 enchant and then special enchant) and is made from dragonbone (which haves hardness 18 and HP 10 for 2h weapon and gives +1 extra elemental dmg which stacks with enchant based elemental dmg boosts).

Anyways nice you posted your char Chloe, so folks know how much write in general when detail their beta tester background :).

steelsmiter

alright so now I'm confused again, I thought beta testers were supposed to be second level?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ghostwheel

One of the following four:
Second level.
Have a special item.
Start with an "advanced" class.
Start with an "advanced" race.

I think you chose the second one of the four :-P

EDIT: Forgot the fourth option... :-3

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on July 29, 2013, 06:44:15 PM
One of the following three:
Second level.
Have a special item.
Start with an "advanced" class.

I think you chose the second one of the three :-P

Yup. You chose a +2 weapon as your betatester perk (you cannot sell it nor pass it on). If you want to start as 2th level char, you pick it as perk but you do not get your weapon.

steelsmiter

oh ok... well, if I had read it more closely before, I would not have been confused on gear value earlier. Somehow I had it in my head that you had all the options...

One's way more balanced than the other ;D. Sorry I haven't got my sheet up yet. Working on it at the moment.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, all the perks is something what you would able to gain in 10th level of the game. Some betatesters reached that far and some did not. But overall it is 'ten level advance' reward. Any player in game can gain the stuff the betatesters get in start. Ofc starting as 10th level is too much for even perk so another option was to start one level higher (and indeed compared other rewards it is bit lame but it's option for betatesters who want close as possible starting line with other players).

steelsmiter

Yeah no I'm good with just the weapon.

Just so I'm perfectly clear f I pick +1 fire would that be actually +1d6+1 damage? or if I picked +2 fire would that be +3 fire damage due to the dragon bone bonus?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

If you have flaming +1 spear which is made from dragonbone, it does 1d6+1 (physical) + 1d6+1 (fire) dmg. When not made from dragonbone the same spear has 1d6+1 (physical) + 1d6 (fire) dmg. I hope this explains how the dragonbone bonus works.

steelsmiter

yeah that does make sense. which is what I meant. The weapon is statistically a glaive, but the title is Dragontooth Spear does that make a difference? (if it does, I'm not exactly married to the title...)
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

So long stats are exactly like glaive I do not mind if you would call it Dragontooth Sword :P.

steelsmiter

Sweet, though I'll make sure not to call them that item in the GTA: San Andreas Police Office
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

A bump to keep game advertise off from page 2.

So far we got; Crusader (using glaive), savage barbarian (using also glaive) and kitsune sorceress.

steelsmiter

indeed. Sorry it is taking so long, but plothook fucked me over and I have to start again re-filling all that shit from scratch.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

Name: Eli
Nationality: Denemark
City/Province: Copenhagen
Social Status: Unemployed, unmarried
Personality
While she's quiet and shy in real life, Eli allows herself to completely allow her convictions to come to life when in the game. There she's outspoken, aggressive about her beliefs, and willing to do anything to make sure that others follow her beliefs, willing even resort to bodily violence to make sure that others also adhere to the rule of law and the stability of the game.
Background
From a very young age, Eli had always been interested in computers--and especially gaming. Naturally a shy, quiet girl, she was often bullied by her peers which led her to becoming insular and submissive, and often stayed silent, cried, and ran away when she was teased by both the girls and boys at school. Her parents were rarely around, both of them business people who had important jobs running companies outside the country. And when they were home, they were authoritative and unwilling to bend the rules, often criticizing Eli for not having the best grades, bringing friends over, and more. But that never happened in the games she played. She could be anyone she every wanted to be! A fairy princess, a mage of incredible power, or a mighty barbarian queen, all of these were roles she picked up and put down, and each time came the same feeling of catharsis, as though she was accepted and wanted.

The years continued to pass this way, every season Eli becoming more and more engrossed in the video games she played, especially in RPGs where she could pick up any role and be who she wanted to be, rather than who she was. But one day, the fateful event happened.

Seeing the large villa her parents had, a gang of criminals entered her home in the dead of night and began to take the various valuables and paintings Eli's parents had strewn about the place. Waking from the noise, Eli's father went down to investigate. A fight broke out, and Eli's mother went down to see what happened. In the ensuing struggle, both of her parents were killed while Eli hid beneath her bed and waited. The police found her the next morning, silently crying beneath the bed, the house turned upside down and bereft of everything that made it a home.

That was five years ago. Eli, now 17, lives in a small apartment after having dropped out of school, living her life within through the computer on a paltry unemployment and disability pay, having no clue that her family inheritance continues to grow under the watchful eye of the bank. She rarely leaves the house, and has few friends except for the landlady who takes pity upon the girl and often visits with food and offers to go out with her. But Eli always refuses. Instead, she dives headfirst into her games, especially MMORPGs where she allows her conviction and pent out anger loose. If only the robbers hadn't been there. If only her parents hadn't fought against them. Everything would have been alright. And thus she often tries her best to protect the stability of her environment, enforcing the laws of society in an aggressive manner that belies her real life personality. When people talk about disorder she speaks up and shouts them down. When witnessing a crime, she rushes forward, protecting NPCs and players alike against the depredation of in-game criminals.

Due to her abrasive nature in-game, Eli garners few friends. But her hours of practice make her a fierce combatant, and the few guilds that invited her found her to be a strong defensive character whose skill was impressive, especially so due to the fact that she had subpar equipment from having farmed dungeons less than most.

Eli was immediately drawn to this new game. Complete immersion? A chance to be someone else fully, not just within a monitor. Once inside, it was everything she had hoped it would be. Eli, now Ren, quickly advanced within the games, her determination leading her close to death innumerable times as she fought against creatures far above her level only to win by the skin of her teeth. And even if she died occasionally, that was fine, right? After all, she would just return a moment later to continue her progression. Often a sight patrolling the cities within the game, Eli gave scathing reviews of bugs she encountered, especially loopholes where other players were able to attack or kill NPCs that should have been virtually invulnerable or players in what should have otherwise been safe zones.

She gave the more magical classes a try, but never connected to them. Even the rogue or the fighter didn't appeal to her. She needed to be able to protect people, not just be able to kill enemies with a few attacks. Thus she settled upon one of the tankier classes that was released halfway through the beta, and stuck with it. It felt right, the Crusader class, being able to soak up the damage of those she fought while at the same time her modest damage taking down people in time, if not immediately. And that was what she stayed with all the way to the end of the beta...

She looked down at herself. Her body, adorned in chain mail. The heavy steel-tipped boots beneath her. The comfortable weight of the gauntlets in her hands. A longsword strapped to her hip along with a few daggers, a shield on the other side, and a long glaive on her back. Yes, this was what she had been waiting for. She was herself... yet not herself. Stronger, faster, not as clumsy, immune to the colds and fevers that sometimes oppressed her in the "real" world. She was at home. She hefted her glaive slowly, admiring its weight and confirming in her own mind once more its weight along with the blade at the end. A breeze picked up, playing with her hair and rustling through her senses. She was home.

DnD Online Avatar
Race: Human
Ren
Body: Original
Class: Crusader

spooky

I'm going to go ahead and bow out now. I hope you enjoy your game guys
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Ghostwheel

Almost done with my character sheet... :-D
I think this was asked before, but I'll ask it again; are we using traits?

steelsmiter

the plothook half of my sheet is done again... now I just have to figure out how to make it public... I know I've done it before but don't remember how. Any Help? once that's done I'll get to my offline character's profile.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

What website are you using for your character sheet?

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

Ah, not familiar with that one. But there should be an "edit" link if it's like the other profilers online, and in there it should have a "Make Public" button or something similar. Hope that helps!

steelsmiter

I know how to edit the character... that's how I redid all the information because my first save didn't take. Anyway I have yet to find this make public button. I will still search and hope someone can provide a screen indicating the button.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

Not quite... I mean on the page where you link to your character sheet, not the character sheet itself. It should be on the main character sheets page where you see all your character sheets.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: spooky on July 31, 2013, 02:07:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and bow out now. I hope you enjoy your game guys

Ah, sad see you go. Have fun and good luck in gaming!

Quote from: Ghostwheel on July 31, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
Almost done with my character sheet... :-D
I think this was asked before, but I'll ask it again; are we using traits?

Traits are allowed. Max 2 per char unless feat taken to have more.

steelsmiter

I think I did this right... I also found the button, which I was clicking on the names instead of the edit button.

Name: Jay Hendricks
Nationality: American
City/Province: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Social Status: Disabled, single
Personality
Jay was always the most assertive member of his group, all nerds. Those that could not do sports or that chose not to join band. Jay was nearly always the GM for whatever game he decided he wanted to play. Far more intelligent than any character he played, Jay was content to smash things with an axe most of the time while offering out of character tactical help to his friends, most of which chose to RP characters whose intelligence exceeded his own modest score which he pegged at 12.

Background
Jay's interest in roleplaying started with his favorite game (and one for which he was probably the only person in the known universe that showed it favor) Final Fantasy 9. What initially drew Jay into roleplaying was the art in the books. Being a freshman in high school, and a virgin, he'd take even drawings of girls dressed in the sluttiest of clothing. His first purchase was the Player's Handbook, followed by the other two cores from WotC. Jay's first adventure was a modern day game styled after Guardians of the Flame by Joel Rosenberg, but with a twist: Gamers going to a convention were attacked on the airline by a Blue Dragon. Granted, this one was a small blue dragon and he vastly undershot the HP of the plane, not to mention the fact that planes don't really fly all that well with gaping holes... but that was more of a player survival issue.

Jay was realy nervous about women at the time. Though he had two girls in the group, he wasn't attracted to either of them. The only girl to ever ask him out he denied on the grounds of being to poor to take her out on dates properly. Anyway Jay went on to implement numerous house rules that he ended up seeing done in future versions of the games, but since he never told anyone about them, and the writers expressed it better than he did, Jay didn't care too much.

Dungeons and Dragons sparked his interest in houseruling things as well. Jay made a superhero system and delved into GURPS and Mongoose Publishing. One of the most formative books of Jay's gaming career was The Quentessential Barbarian. Of the ideas that weren't broken, Jay would favor equipments or individual feats. It also had good art too.

When he could not find a job after graduation, Jay went to a counselor at DHS for Spina Bifida. By that time he had 10 or 11 books for 3rd edition. He was informed of a school in hot springs that would help him get a job. Jay went in to become an Accounting Clerk. The school was not accredited for that and Jay could not even take an entry level position with his knowledge. He had passed the course easily, the only thing new that he had been taught was double entry accounting. His Microsoft Office documents were actually used for grading others. The teachers didn't know as much about the programs as he did. He was able to help people training to be medical transcriptionists with his office knowledge. That's how much of a joke the school was.

As a side note, he did find much better gamers. One of his friends played the barbarian, so he went to a rogue. Another played a cleric, pretty consistently. By this time, more members of the general populace were finding their gaming niche. He needed a wizard though. It was difficult with a GMPC (gamed fairly anyway, he had the first rogue end up getting killed by a trap). He switched to a ranger, but soon decided he didn't like it. The game fell through. There was a long running Final Fantasy game that he enjoyed well but it didn't involve d20.

Finally as his disability went through due to the government finally taking notice, he got into an income based place and got the lowest internet he could afford. He barely had enough to live on but he could not stand up long enough or lift anything heavy enough to actually have a decent job.

Then he heard about the Dungeons and Dragons Online game. He was skeptical at first with the 10 level limit, but decided on trying it out once they expanded to 20 and got the headset, he decided to come in on the beta testing for the headset.  As a beta tester, he was allowed to design his own custom +2 weapon. Deciding to go for a little bit of characterization, he decided that his barbarian tribe (all of the NPCs of which had simple spears) gave a "Dragontooth Spear", which had the stats of a glaive, to "those that proved themselves worthy". Jay had a clear image in his head of what he wanted the character to look like, straight out of the Quintessential barbarian. After fiddling quite some time, he got the character to look very near what the original character looked like. Jay experimented a bit, wiping the floor with the local orcs, and found out that they were able to produce tactile sensations across his body by firing electrodes at certain parts of his brain. His fist punched something, the knuckles hurt. he got cut, he felt a sharp pain. Thankfully there was no physical cut, but this was cool! Jay was hooked!

DnD Online Avatar
Iona Dragonshard
Race: Human
Class(es):[/b] Savage Barbarian (Archetype) 1
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ghostwheel

Curious, what is Jay's disability? I might have missed it in the background :-3