Looking for the End of the World

Started by OldSchoolGamer, December 24, 2008, 01:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

I'm looking to flip the script on a game I'm running now, and play a female character or two who experience the end of civilization as we know it, in gritty, nasty detail.  I'm picturing she faces everything from biker gangs to escaped criminals...but with a background plot that also involves some mystery and problem-solving (i.e., she has to discover the full extent of what's going on).  I'd like the antagonists she meets to have personalities and goals, and not be ONLY interested in sex.

The force that ends the world is up to you, but I'd like an element of mystery and no bizarro anime-style stuff, like everyone being overtaken by irresistable horniness or killer robots.  If you go the alien invasion route, make the aliens humanoid and interested in Earth women!

OldSchoolGamer

magnamos

Very interesting. I got a few ideas but I'd be lost without help :(

RedEve

Are you looking for male or female characters for this?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Demoboy tom

Yeah... do you play female or what?  cuz I'd like to be able to do this, it sounds fun... but I'd rather not play a girl myself unless i have to
Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.

My Ons and Offs

RedEve

I'm willing to play the girl sure, but I'm a bit unclear as to how you see this unfolding. If she did run into escaped prisoners, wouldn't that more or less be the end of it?

OldSchoolGamer

I was looking to play female character(s) living through the end of the world as we know it.  I figure there'd be encounters with baddies, but she would either escape afterwards, or maybe join forces to survive for a time, mabye to find outb what happened.  It's open-ended and flexible.

RedEve

But it would be you yourself playing the girl then?

OldSchoolGamer

Yes, I would be playing the girl.  I would certainly be willing to entertain the notion of other players being in the story too...far be it from me to hog an RPG for myself alone.

RedEve

Well, I don't play male characters, so the only help I could offer is playing a female character in a similar predicament.

Insanitosis

I can play bad guys.
They are my specialty...

Game script?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Insanitosis on December 30, 2008, 05:57:57 PM
I can play bad guys.
They are my specialty...

Game script?

That's open to some latitude on the part of whoever runs it.  Basically I'm looking for a non-anime end of the world.  Something with at least a bit of plot behind it.  Something like Stephen King's The Stand, only with a somewhat lower mortality rate.  Or an alien invasion that goes down some other way than the aliens blasting everything in sight (something like V or They Live...you know, more subversion than direct force).  Maybe a natural disaster screws up the climate or takes out electronics.  I'm just not looking for something like a plague that makes everyone insufferably horny...I like at least some degree of realism.

Insanitosis

Zombie apocolipse
Gaia's revenge
Nuclear holocaust
The sun going supernova...

Lots of possibilities for a Post apocalyptic thing

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Insanitosis on December 30, 2008, 09:04:39 PM
Zombie apocolipse
Gaia's revenge
Nuclear holocaust
The sun going supernova...

Lots of possibilities for a Post apocalyptic thing

Zombies are fun to watch, but not much fun to RP.  Gaia's Revenge...interesting, though that would pretty much eliminate any possibility of meeting or finding the people responsible.  Nuclear holocaust would be fine...I picture more EMP-type effects than an all-out nukeout.  The sun going nova, frying all electronics...that would be cool.

Insanitosis

I like to rp it, I intend to create one here someday ^.^
We wouldn't survive the sun going boom. earth would be consumed by the explosion.
Well, Dies the fire has a similar circumstance. All electricity and combustables vanish.

OldSchoolGamer

I loved that book.  Kind of pushed the whole envelope of suspension of disbelief, but it was a good enough story that you ended up just buying into the Change and enjoying the thought exercise.

Demoboy tom

Well, I would gladly patricipate... and yeah my ideas were taken, nuclear holocaust, electronics idea... all that good stuff. 
Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

My Ons and Offs

OldSchoolGamer

Sounds golden...so how do y'all want to start this thing?

Demoboy tom

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on December 31, 2008, 10:37:43 AM
Sounds golden...so how do y'all want to start this thing?

It is your creation, so we shall let you start it... but uh I would think somewhere along the lines ((if we are doing the nuclear holocaust)) of the current war... Iraq got ahold of several nukes... and launched them at the US, the US did the same, so did other countries... world followed, woo then we take on the story of the woman ((up to you in which country)) and her fight to survive.  She is trying to make it to a salvation camp... sound good?

My Ons and Offs

OldSchoolGamer

I'll cook up a good post-apoc scenario and post it within the next day or so.

Demoboy tom

My Ons and Offs

OldSchoolGamer