WoW Roleplaying

Started by Freddie, January 05, 2006, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddie

I search Players for my first game here. ^^
It's in the world of WoW but more... you know.  8)
"I hate you."
"Why?"
"Cause you ask stupid questions."

Jefepato

Intriguing.  Using the WoW d20 rules, or just a freeform game?

WarDragon

Interesting... I would not be averse to getting some use out of the WarCraft d20 books I shelled out money for, but freeform works, too.

AmberMK

I'd be interested... never done any rping with a WoW setting, but I'm familiar with the genre...  I'm better at freeform, but I know something of d20 also.   ;)

Arander

Well hell I roleplay Wow everyday.........ohhh you mean on the boards here.  :)

I'm an avid player of the real game and would be interested in trying a game here I think. I have the d20 books and wouldn't mind trying them out either, but like everyone, freeform is always good.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

BlackBox

hmm, sounds interesting, freeform, Warcraft RPG or World Of Warcraft RPG? (Yes there are 2 different rpgs, one based on the general Warcraft Setting which came out before the World of Warcraft mmorpg, and one based on WoW...go figure, but I figure the WoW one is made more alike the game from what I've seen of the book (I got the D20 books meself.)

Jefepato

As far as I know, the WoW RPG book is merely an update of the previous Warcraft RPG.  It's different in a few ways, but clearly built from the same material.

Xerial

Question... does anyone really want to see an Undead dude get his... bone... on?

*l* Honestly, tho... I might be picking up the book anyway, since I'm addicted to the MMORPG...

WarDragon

I've got the original books, and I've looked at the new one.  It's largely inferior.

BlackBox

Wardragon: thought so :)

so, what's the deal, old or new? or freeform?

ZK

I'd like to play in the WoW game. ^_^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

AmberMK

Do we even have a WoW game, or are we just talking about it?  *Is not impatient or anything of the sort...*

MagicalPen

I'd be interested, though i am not very familiar with the Universe beyond the classic Warcraft games. Have been playing Guild Wars a lot recently though, if that amounts to anything similiar to WoW...also, prefer Freeform, never played a Stats-Dice game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

BlackBox

I'm interested as long as it doesn't follow the general tone of the MMORPG too closely (you know, the constant farming, PvP killing :p and general monotonous nonrpgish activity :P) As for storyline with regards to the mmorpg, I have no objection :)

Freeform or D20, I don't care, but I might need help if you're going with the mmorpgs p&p variant..

Akioth

I set up a WOW game on another rping site. I did it freeform and had a lot of general info of WOW there. If we want to start a game I can start it pretty fast
:p
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Faolan

Muse

Have we lost Freddiie? 

Question of the week: Can WoW orc girls be sexy?  how about the guys? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tahiri Anashia

hmmm could i play a descendant of Jania proudmore :D j/k

BlackBox

I actually had a player want to play that in a game... :o

ZK

Eh, in WoW. All the races has "sexy" members.

Apparently, the most ugly of the entire series of races were in fact the males. X.X
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

WarDragon

I think Freddie started a 1-on-1, and he's not even checking this thread anymore...

Akioth

If we get enough interest I'll start a Freeform WOW game here. Just have enough people send me Pms and Ill seek permission from a GM.
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

BlackBox

never done freeform before, anyone care to enligthen me as to how it is moderated? are we trusting each player to self moderate or is there some sort of random chance involved(or is the GM the ultimate dictator  ;D)?

BlackBox

WarDragon

From what I've seen, the GM/Moderator/Whatever-you-call-him has final say on how it turns out.