You never forget the first time.

Started by Inkidu, August 09, 2008, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laeori

Excuses, Excuses! *Spanks*  Honestly, I think SMB was the first, and last game I actually played until I beat it though.  I would usually get bored and change games long before beating them. 

Red Dawn

Haha I think my first game that I ever beat was Megaman X for the Super Nintendo. Ahhhh that brings back good memories of 2-d adventures ^^

Laeori

I LOVED MegaMan! He was so darn cute.

HairyHeretic

First I think I ever beat was Raid over Moscow on the Spectrum (yes, showing my age here  :P )

Fondest memory of beating a game was UFO on the PC.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

eskimokisses

My first game was Contra on the SNES. UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, A, B, Select, Start for Infinite Lives. Ah, memories.
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL

Laeori

Canuckian

The thing is, Contra needed that Konami cheatcode to even be beatable :D  Good ol' fashioned Nintendo Hard games.  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

Laeori

I know it was just part of the game.  Hehe You reminded me though I -did- beat Contra, so I guess SMB wasn't the only one.

Paradox

I was kind of like you, Inkidu, but I beat the NES Kirby game. That damned penguin and those dastardly gloves were difficult.

I never did beat the original Zelda on the NES. I had the gold cartridge. I loved that game. I was so close to the final dungeon, but we wound up moving, and I sold my NES to pay for a Nintendo 64. I still rue the day I sold that gold cartridge.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

I never even knew Kirby could copy powers until Nightmare in Dreamland. They did away with it in Kirby's Dreamland and I just never got another game. Never played the NES version either.

But now that I think about it Kirby's Dreamland wasn't just the first game I beat it was the first game I beat that also contained a ridiculously hard setting. I was seven though when I finally worked through that though.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

magnamos

Command and Conquer when I was...uhm... 9 or 10 maybe? Don't exactly remember anymore but I played so damn often I can even know synchronize the installation Voice E.V.A.

Caehlim

Frogger.

I played that game so much when I was a little kid. Even now the music plays perfectly in my head when I think about it.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

KG

My brother beat the first games we played.  He had a ten year advantage!
Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2.
I think I must have beaten him at Track and Field, but I can't remember there being a completion to that game.
First game I distinctly remember beating is Final Fantasy 8.  First one that was epic in scale that I mastered.  Almost completely.

Bloody Paramour

Im pretty sure the first game i beat was either Yoshi's story or Pokemon Stadium.
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

KG

Oh man.
Pokemon Red.
How could I have forgotten?!
I'm done for the night, Elliquiy - I've got some friends to apologize to.  Where's my DS?

Bloody Paramour

Quote from: KG on September 17, 2008, 08:34:28 PM
Oh man.
Pokemon Red.
How could I have forgotten?!
I'm done for the night, Elliquiy - I've got some friends to apologize to.  Where's my DS?

OMG, i was wrong, i beat pkmn blue first >< <3

night!
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "