Games

Started by Apple of Eris, February 21, 2007, 01:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

So I was just sitting here pretending to do some research on a new case, but in actuality I keep thinking of the kind of games I'd like to see. So here are the ideas I'd love to see someone run:

1. In Nomine - Angels, Demons, and human souls as the prize. That would be a good background for some interesting stories.

2. Something along the lines of GURPS Reign of Steel. Robots rose up and humanity lost. Of course I'd prefer a sexier version where instead of exterminating most of the populace, they are preferrably enslaved by robotic overlords.

There's probably more, but those are the big two I keep thinking of right now.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Swedish Steel

Quote from: appleoferis on February 21, 2007, 01:58:35 PM
So I was just sitting here pretending to do some research on a new case, but in actuality I keep thinking of the kind of games I'd like to see. So here are the ideas I'd love to see someone run:

1. In Nomine - Angels, Demons, and human souls as the prize. That would be a good background for some interesting stories.

2. Something along the lines of GURPS Reign of Steel. Robots rose up and humanity lost. Of course I'd prefer a sexier version where instead of exterminating most of the populace, they are preferrably enslaved by robotic overlords.

There's probably more, but those are the big two I keep thinking of right now.

Reign of Steel? Ha! Finally I get my day in the sun! All bow down before me, or suffer! Muahahahaha.

Sorry, forgot to take my pills.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Vandren

I'd be up for a Reign of Steel-type board.  Since the ideas I've set up in Players Wanted haven't flown, I might even be up to running it (GURPS or freeform).  Of course, I don't have Reign of Steel, though I've played in the setting before and do have Robots.  For a "sexier" version, I'd think adding androids, whether with synthflesh or without, would be good - sort of a new Galactica Cylon setup with some human-like/human-ish and the grunts being 'less advanced' in appearance?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Apple of Eris

Mmmm... GURPS... If you do set it up Van, I will join, oh yes, oh yes indeed.
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

CirclMastr

The Reign of Steel idea sounds interesting, but I don't have GURPS. :(
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Vandren

(Oops, I editted below)

While I'd love to see a good GURPS game actually run here (I think two or three have crashed and burned), I think freeform might draw more players, based on previous examples.

Oh, apple, were you thinking Earth based?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Apple of Eris

Freeform is not an issue, I just like the setting.

I'd prefer earth, I know it better than somewhere else :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vandren

I think I can toss something together, it'll help me procrastinate on dissertation writing.  :)

As a helpful shortcut (since RoS isn't on e23 yet . . .):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel

Swedish Steel

Seriously though, a species of humanoid jaguar? Can I be one of those? :)

On Off page:

Vandren

Another quick question . . . major mod involvement or "clockmaker" mod?  (Basically, thinking about how many plotlines to think up and how detailed to make 'em.)

I think I'd take the stock setting (based on the wiki) and edit to suit, rather than reinventing the wheel, as it were.

Vandren

Quote from: Swedish Steel on February 21, 2007, 03:10:06 PM
Seriously though, a species of humanoid jaguar? Can I be one of those? :)

If I set it up, I'm thinking the southwestern U.S. as a setting (the tripoint where Mexico City, Vancouver, and Denver meet - two relatively safe zones for Humans, one very unsafe one).  I'd say that might be doable, witha good story.  :)

Apple of Eris

Ravaged by robots out on the range? Sounds like a fun time.

As far as mod involvement I'm okay with either. I think having some direction might be a good way to go, since it keeps things moving, but I generally prefer a middle approach. Say setting scenes and so forth and letting us get into our own trouble.

For the setting I like the standard setting but prefer to make it a little less bleak for humanity. After all in the stock setting its basically a hopeless struggle, and that's just not sexy. I'd prefer if more AIs preferred to capture rather than kill off the humans. Besides, this give great opportunity for being mercilessly ravaged by machine-minded captors, and what girl isn't up for that?  ;)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Swedish Steel

Really? You mean that if I go ravage my girlfriend right now, and tell her my computer told me to do it, she'll be all for it? :)

On Off page:

Apple of Eris

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

CaptainErotica

*slightly robotic voice*

Your discussion has merit. I have calculated the odds of success for your idea, and the resutls are in the top ten percentile.

In otherwords count me in.

Vandren

Cool.  :)

I've mucked about a bit with the wiki setting info.  Basically, I left the AI Zoneminds alone and most of the history.  Though I added a decade to make it 2057, exactly 20 years after the revolution ended (so there's an entire generation come of age with no experience of life pre-revolution).  I also modified the Manila Protocols to remove the ban on creating new lesser AIs (thereby allowing for sentient robots).  So, my add-ons are:

As of the current date, 2057, the human populace is beginning to recover in certain areas - Denver, London, Moscow, New Delhi, Paris, Beijing, Tel Aviv, Vancouver, and Washington - while being virtually non-existant in others - Berlin, Manila, Mexico City, Zaire, and Tokyo.  But Humanity has been joined by an ever growing collection of other races - cyborgs, gengineered species, sentient animals, and lesser-AIs (housed in androids and robots).  Currently, two entire generations have been born knowing nothing but AI dominion, which has harmed the human resistance.  However, the covert warfare being conducted amongst the Zoneminds has been heating up and ultimately helping the remnants of the resistance.

Racial Hierarchy
Zoneminds (all NPCs)
Lesser AIs (inhabit android and robot bodies)
Sentient Animals
Cyborgs/Gengineered Species (inc. anthropomorphic animal species like humanoid jaguars)
Robots (non-sentient)
Humans

Last Chance
The town known to its inhabitants as Last Chance is officially designated “Work Camp #154287-A” in Denver’s directives and map of its territory.  This settlement sits in the Rocky Mountains, roughly seven miles east of Vancouver’s Zone and seventy-three north of Mexico City’s.  It is a work town inhabited by humans and genemods overseen by a few lesser AIs with a few dozen cyborgs and over a hundred non-sentient robots (a mix of flying, humanoid, and tracked) as enforcer-guards.  At last count, the town’s servant/slave populace was just around 6,000.  The town’s primary function is to process raw materials brought in from Work Camps #154287-B through F.  Resistance cells may or may not exist in or near the town, but collaborators are a common sight (about half the cyborgs are collaborators, the other half were forcibly altered).  The town also sits well within Mexico City’s range, which is one reason that security has been beefed up over the last few years - Denver foresees a major conflict with Mexico City in the near future and doesn’t entirely trust its current ally, Vancouver.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are my last two questions:

1) Midtones or Heavy?  Either way, I'm thinking this'll have to be in Exotic.

2) Allow sentient animal PCs or would that be too problematic for too many people?

Apple of Eris

Cool, I like it :)

As far as the questions go...

1. I'd say Heavy

and

2. I'd prefer no animal pc's but I'm fine with whatever you call-em's like the jaguar-humans.

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vandren

Works for me, though I'll wait to hear from others too.  :)

thymoit

Quote from: appleoferis on February 21, 2007, 01:58:35 PM

I'd be interested in doing something In Nomine as well if we could find a GM.

Vandren

Ok, request for a Reign-esque board has gone in, under NCEF.  I'll post a link (and Players Wanted) when it is created.

Vandren

Vandren

Just to clarify, the link below is to the Reign of Steel based game.  Seeing as a few folks who expressed interest are AWOL.  :D