The World Ends With You (Interest Check)

Started by Exneal, July 18, 2010, 01:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exneal

What is The World Ends With You?
TWEWY is a J-RPG (Japanese roleplaying game) released for the Nintendo DS by the same guys who made Final Fantasy (Square Enix). While released on a portable console, the game hit big time all around the world and is considered the best J-RPG for the DS.

What is TWEWY about? (extracted from Wikipedia)
The game takes place in a fictional version of the Shibuya shopping district in Tokyo, Japan. While everyday life goes on in the Realground (RG), the chosen dead are brought to an alternate plane of existence called the Underground (UG). The UG is also the venue for the Reapers' Game. By offering their most treasured possession to enter the Game, the dead (players) gain the chance to contest for the prize: to be brought back to life or to transcend to a higher form of spiritual existence. Most of those who choose to transcend become Reapers, the opponents of players in future Games. Lasting a week, each Game is a contest to judge the worth of humanity. Players set out to accomplish objectives under the rules created by the Composer, who is a god-like entity who maintains Shibuya. Another Reaper, the Conductor, tasks other Reapers to obstruct the players' efforts. Failure to complete a mission will disperse the mind and spirit of the player or Reaper, thus erasing his or her existence.
A player in the UG is invisible to the living in the RG, though one can sometimes read and influence their thoughts. The UG is frequented by creatures called "Noise", which are attracted by the negative feelings of the living. To progress in the Reapers' Game, players are often required to defeat Noise by killing or "erasing" them. However, each Noise exists in two "zones" simultaneously, and can only be defeated by two players fighting the Noise from separate zones; Players are therefore required to form a pact with another player to survive the Noise. Players receive assignments via text messages sent to their cell phones, and their right hands are imprinted with a countdown indicating the time left in the mission. After a day's mission is complete, the remaining players find themselves at the start of the next day's mission, having no sense of the intervening time in between.

Why am I telling you this?
Well, the settings for the game are interesting in my opinion. The game itself already uses it and creates an amazing story. But I think there are so many possibilities with a setting like that. So I was thinking that, if enough people are interested, we could check it out together! It honestly wouldn't matter if you have played the game or not.

Who and how many do I think we would need?
I think that, in order to make this story work, we need at least a mnimum of individuals. However, there will be many extra spaces in case the idea kicks off. So I'll show you what I think we require to do the RP and what would be optional to make the RP even more amazing:
*Required:
  -Two players (M & F would be nice, but it can go either way depending on what the first one to join wants).
  -One Reaper (once again M & F would be a good combo, but that can change with the preferences).
  -A Composer (M or F).

*Optional:
  -An extra two players who would be rivals or allies of the first.
  -A Conductor (M or F).
  -An extra Reaper (M or F).

What do you think?
Fell free to tell me your opinions! ;D

pendarious

so just what do the composer and conducter do exactly?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Exneal

The Composer issues out orders that affect the players, the enviroment, the reapers, the missions and everything... He can even enter the game concealed or talk to the players directly if he wants to. The Conductor decides the missions if the Composer doesen't and also takes complete control of the Composer says so. Also, at the end of the game, the remaining players must fight the Conductor.

Exneal

Alright, I did a small update seeing as the number of "required" players is too big. So I managed to make some cuts ;D

pendarious

hmmm....guess i'll play the composer then.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND