News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

MAZE: OOC Thread

Started by Scaly, December 08, 2014, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaly

MAZE
Based on the book by Christopher Manson

Link to Game Thread

I met them at the gate though I usually wait inside. Preoccupied with their own throughts, impatient, like so many children, they didn't see who I really was. They never noticed my crown, my pain, the fire in my eyes.
Like all others they think the Maze was made for them; actually, it is the other way around. They think I am some poet who will lead them through the symbols and spaces of this Underworld. They think I will teach them lessons. They should call me Cerberus...I am the lesson.
The monstrous walls rise up and run away as far as the human eye can see, circling and dividing. Which half is the Maze?
Even I get lost. It changes - sometimes slowly, imperceptibly...sometimes suddenly. This House is not only made of stone and mortar, wood and paint; it is made of time and mystery, hope and fear. Construction never stops. I take some pride in my role as architect.
They think I will guide them to the center. Perhaps I will...

Rules
This is a closed group rp
Non-Adult content only
Please post all OOC content in the OOC thread
Please submit all character profiles to me prior to posting them

Authorized Players: DrMurdockKawfi (GM), Blythe, Jaqhal
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

Scaly

Game Guide

This game will be freeform writing, with no dice or number systems. The GM will play the guide through the maze and provide descriptions for every room. Only the description in the first post will be given along with an accompanying picture. The players, in character, will try to interpret the clues and collectively decide on which room to enter next. There must be a unanimous decision before the transition to the next room will take place. The GM character will be an active character within the story, and interaction with him is encouraged. The over all plot is completely planned out. Bad-Ends are possible, and if encountered, there will be a group discussion in the OOC thread about whether or not the group wishes to continue. In such a case, a transitional post allowing them out of the bad-end will be posted, but the characters will begin at the beginning of maze again.

The roleplay takes place in a giant manner house. It is low modern fantasy, meaning that there can be supernatural forces, but there is not DnD style magic. It takes place roughly in modern day.

To keep the actual gameplay organized, the posts will be ordered. Post order will be determined in the OOC thread by everyone, once everyone's characters have been submitted. Once decided, this post will be updated with the official order. There is no rule for posting frequency, but because we all depend on everyone else to keep the game going, please keep the OOC thread updated if there is going to be a delay of more than a few days in your posts.

OOC Thread

The OOC thread will serve for all out of game discussions, and planning of plot developments between characters. Discussions about what the clues mean and which path to take do not belong in the OOC, as these will make up an important bulk of in-character interactions. Meta questions about the setting, rules of the world, and other details may be posed in the OOC. There are only 4 of us, so please use the OOC thread for all conversations related to the game, rather than PMs.

Entering and Leaving the Game

Because this game is based on a published book, cheat information is available online. If anyone is caught cheating, they will be asked (privately) to resign from the game. (This is easy for me to detect, as I have all of the information, resources and solutions.) The fun should be in figuring out the puzzle! Cheating ruins that for everyone else.

Leaving the game can be done at any time, however out of courtesy to the other players, please announce when you are leaving in the OOC thread. Notice ahead of time that you're going to leave would be ideal, but it's not required, as often times it's not possible to give ahead notice and write out a proper ending post for your character.

This game is closed. If there is someone else who wants to join, they may contact me to ask, but will have to wait for an opportune moment.
New players may only join when the party is in the first room, the entrance to the maze. `

Character Profiles

All character profiles must be reviewed and approved by myself before they can be posted here. This is to make sure that they fit into the world and setting appropriately. Code for the profiles is here.

[color=(posting color)][b]name[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b] 
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] Includes bio information
[b]Settings:[/b] Any settings the character can be used in
[b]Other:[/b] Other notes
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pic or description or both
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

Blythe

All right, I had sent this to our awesome GM, and I got the okay for it to be posted here in the OOC, so here is my character sheet!

Character Sheet!

Name Matthias Eisen
Species: Human 
Sexual Preference: Questioning/Unknown  (non-adult content only)
Personality: Abdiel is a young Jewish man from somewhere in southern Europe. He grew up with a working class Jewish family, with a father who worked long factory hours and a mother usually busy at a salon. Matthias quickly moved out at eighteen, eager for an education, eager to remove himself from blue-collar living. His parents didn't approve, but they supported him as best they could. Matthias wanted to start his own business, and his parents helped him take out a small business loan so he could try to start up a small kosher grocery store...but it fell through. And the experience of failing at a business so young has humbled him.

Matthias was once very impetuous, but since his failed business venture that mired him and his parents in debt, he has become more thoughtful and cautious, understanding that a single headstrong mistake could cost him everything. He is tentatively friendly, but he does not much talk about his family or origins, but will warm up to those he considers friends quickly.

Settings: Contemporary
Other: N/A
Appearance:
Appearance

Jaqhal

Another okay Character Sheet here ^^

Character Sheet
Name: Adrián López
Species:  Human
Sexual Preference: Pansexual
Personality: Adrián is a Spanish young man from somewhere in Andalusia, south of Spain. He grew up in a fishermen family and had a decent early life. He studied at the local University and at the same time helped his family and made some money of his own. As soon as Adrián finished his grade, he joined all his little money and travelled by train, bus, or as a hitchhiker through the country and then a bit more through South Europe. Meanwhile, he wrote and wrote about people, places, tales he heard when in dark pubs at night... Now, he works as a Spanish assistant teacher in Berlín, and at the same time he publishes short fantasy stories, both in Spanish and English. He has no close family left. Adrian lives in a rental apartment with his loyal dog, a husky, named Jacky.

Settings: Low Fantasy, Historical, Sci-fi
Other: N/A
Appearance: Adrian is tanned and skinny, a bit tall (1.80m (11in)), has a long dark brown ponytail, brown eyes and rectangular black glasses. He is so proud of his musketeer style little moustache and beard. He makes some sport like swimming or riding his bicycle, so he is athletic but not muscled. Long legs, arms and fingers. As he would say, harmonious and practical.
The true power that dominates us is the harmful, endless, consuming, destructive and insatiable thirst.

Scaly

Daedalus
Species: Human- supernatural
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Personality: He never gives his name. He is The Architect, the man who gave his life to design the maze, and also its prisoner, the monster within. A brilliant man in his era, he was commissioned by kings to construct things of importance. After the death of his son Icarus, he refused to work ever again. His punishment was brought by the King's god, who forced him to construct the maze and forever imprisoned him within it. The maze exists within its own time, everlasting as a divine prison for him, and as such, Daedalus does not age. He always appears the same age, no matter how the maze changes and grows around him, and he cannot leave the confines of the property. He is not entirely alone, many people live within in the house, but he doesn't much interact with them. When he is not in his room at the center drafting new plans for construction, he delights in leading visitors into the labyrinth and watching them get lost. An eternity of imprisonment has made him bitter. Some say it has made him into a monster.
Settings: Low Fantasy, Mythohistorical
Other: Made for MAZE
Appearance: Daedalus is a 30-ish looking man with a muscled frame from building and a slight slouch from planning his drafts. His hair is dark brown and curly, and his eyes are brown as well, but piercing and striking. His skin is a medium tone, and his face is clean shaven. He has a dark brow, shallow jaw, prominent nose, and narrow chin.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Blythe

Just checking to see if this is still active or not! I certainly hope so, but I also know it's around the holidays, so that can affect RPs and suchnot. ^^;

Scaly

Quote from: Blythe on December 20, 2014, 09:27:57 PM
Just checking to see if this is still active or not! I certainly hope so, but I also know it's around the holidays, so that can affect RPs and suchnot. ^^;

Yep!
I'm still waiting on our last player to contact me, because they haven't yet. I should probably seek them out.

EDIT: I checked and our last player was denied from Elliquiy. Do you two want to try to find a new third person, or just continue with just the two of you?
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Blythe

I would be fine with either, really, whichever is more convenient for you as a GM. 

Jaqhal

Quote from: Blythe on December 22, 2014, 12:45:23 AM
I would be fine with either, really, whichever is more convenient for you as a GM. 
Me too!
The true power that dominates us is the harmful, endless, consuming, destructive and insatiable thirst.

Scaly

Ok! I'll just continue it with just us!
I'll get the opening post set up soon. As far as posting order, I will go first obviously. With only 3 of us I don't think we need to worry about post order so much. We can just let it unfold as it happens to. I'll post the link in this thread when I have it up.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Blythe

That works or me! I'm excited to see how this game will turn out.  ;D

Scaly

Ok everyone! I have finished the opening post, and linked the game thread in the first post here. We're finally going!
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Jaqhal

You all are gonna want to kill me. Why? This: two days ago, my family and I got a warning from my Grandma (I was living with her) and I had to look for a new apartment as soon as possible. I'm moving tomorrow morning (in five hours) and it's going to take a lot of time because I am living with my two parents and a little sister. There are a lot of things (we have been living there half the year) to move to the new apartment... And there is no internet there YET. We are trying to fix everything as soon as possible but there are also several other family problems taking our time. Since my last post, I have been able to login in only with my phone, no time to do it with the computer. And posting with the phone is hell.

If I can, I will post in the RP thread as soon as possible, and I hope I'll have internet in due time. And if not, I will post it while at the library or the University. I'm sorry :-( But I think it really won't be a problem for the RPlaying. Well, at least I hope so.

PD: sorry for any typos.

Scaly

Quote from: Jaqhal on January 05, 2015, 04:48:35 PM
You all are gonna want to kill me. Why? This: two days ago, my family and I got a warning from my Grandma (I was living with her) and I had to look for a new apartment as soon as possible. I'm moving tomorrow morning (in five hours) and it's going to take a lot of time because I am living with my two parents and a little sister. There are a lot of things (we have been living there half the year) to move to the new apartment... And there is no internet there YET. We are trying to fix everything as soon as possible but there are also several other family problems taking our time. Since my last post, I have been able to login in only with my phone, no time to do it with the computer. And posting with the phone is hell.

If I can, I will post in the RP thread as soon as possible, and I hope I'll have internet in due time. And if not, I will post it while at the library or the University. I'm sorry :-( But I think it really won't be a problem for the RPlaying. Well, at least I hope so.

PD: sorry for any typos.

Sounds like you have a full plate! I'm sorry to hear that everything is so nuts. Don't worry, I'm a busy person too, so take the time that you need. School and moving come first.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Jaqhal

Finally! Sorry for the delay, there is the post at last ;)
I did find a library with internet connection but I had (and have) to be careful because... well, you know, with the adult stuff the forum has lol. But I can manage to keep posting by now. I have exams and university stuff but no problem with that by now, too.
And please do tell me about any plot-related mistakes or whatever you consider.

Blythe

I'll have a post up in a day or so--been a bit busy, and I apologize for the delay!  :-X

Scaly

Ooh I am excited!
And Jaqhal, I love the idea of Adrian trying to replace Daedalus, that will be really interesting.
Also, the video game mention at the end doesn't quite fit, since this takes place in the 17th century. Of course this early in the game we can change it to modern day if you and Blythe prefer.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Jaqhal

Wait, 17th century? Oh my... I... *confused* I even wrote the character sheet thinking that it was in the present time... I don't know how did I misunderstand this detail. Trust me, I'm blinking a lot and still can't believe it ??? Well. I think I will correct everything as soon as possible. The post can stay as it is and I only have to erase the video game reference. The Character Sheet is another thing... The personality will stay as it is. I have to change the past and do a bit of research because I know not much about his country (Spain) at that time (yes, I'm spanish, but right now I wouldn't know how to act like they did in the 17th century). Again, sorry for this stupid fail.
For me, I have no preference. If the 17th Century stays, this will be a greater challenge. My character has to find the way in the labyrynth and I have to do the same lol.

Scaly

Ooph I dropped the ball on that one!
It is not a difficult thing for me to adjust the time period, as it doesn't have much impact on the story. I just need Blythe's agreement to change it.
Sorry you guys!
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Jaqhal

Ouch. Don't worry!  :D I modified the post and destroyed every detail that could disagree with any period, no matter if it stays or it is changed.
Up to you, friends.

Blythe

I'm fine either way--just let me know if the time setting changes so I can modify my character sheet.  :-)

Scaly

Ok, well it seems like the easiest thing to do will be for me to adjust it to modern day.
As I said, it won't impact things inside the labyrinth very much, it's just an extra detail for general background. The genre of low fantasy will not change.

Edit as you will, Blythe ;)
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Blythe

Sorry for the delay! I edited my character sheet (changed details to suit the modern era and gave my character a slightly more modern first name)--I'll be posting in the game thread tonight!

Edit: And I posted--let me know if I need to change anything. I wrote my post at some time past 2:30 a.m. for me, so I was a little groggy while typing.

Jaqhal

*sneaks in timidly* Should... Should I post now to answer Matthias or wait for the Architect and answer to both of you in one post? (This is my first RP in E :-[ )

Scaly

You can answer whenever you like, unless the pair of you are waiting for me to bring us into the next room :)
Also congrats on your first RP here on E!
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?