Marvel Apocalypse

Started by apygoos, March 20, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Myself, MaiMizzu, and WardenIce are rebooting the Marvel Apocalypse game that Had a good run, but thanks to RL spreading the GMs thin, had an unfortunate closure. For now we are seeking to use generally the same premise.

Apocalypse has been watching and waiting for the time to strike. Recruiting and enhancing a new set of horseman ,and a planetary sized invasion force, he finally attacked. Xavier's institute and Avengers mansion were hit the hardest. In fact one of the globally broadcast thing people only really got to see before soon after falling under attack, was what appeared to be Iron Man blowing up in the sky above New York.

confirmed as dead: Scott Summers, Frank Castle, , Nick Fury, Moon Knight, Reed Richards, Charles Xavier, Vision, Groot [possibly more to come, based on interest]
believed to be dead [not confirmed(and by comic logic, prolly alive)]: Iron Man, Captain America, Susan Storm, Storm, Hank Pym.

Villain characters in the marvelverse have protagonist potential! I dont think DocOc would be caring so much about his vendetta against spidey if all this madness was happening. Obviously more extreme villains like carnage just aren't an option as a protagonist.

After the attack, Humans were farmed and collected into work camps that were established by Apocalypses forces, where the humans were systematically subjected to a serum made from Apocalypse's blood. If a humans body and DNA accepted teh serum and bonded with it, they achieved some kind of superpower. With Apocalypse being the original host, a very, very vast array of powers could have sprung forth. One person may have developed telekinesis, another could possibly be a teleporter, one could have become a brick much like Luke Cage or  Colossus. the possibilities were endless. These were going to be Apocalypses soldiers.

Apocalypse thought he had won, but his thoughts deceived him, despite being as powerful as he was. He underestimated the human will to fight, to rise against the odds. Heroes rise from the ashes of defeat, those who were thought dead, return, and a new era of mutants springs forth. A rebellion begins against the earths "new ruler". the question simply remains, who will Avenge the world, and who will stand at the side of its fearsome ruler and his four horseman? The choice is yours...

For now, this is an interest check. for now, i would like to see if people would be interested in this plot, and who people would want to play. aside from the confirmed dead, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Sentry, and Stephen Strange are off limits.

current reserves are: Captain America, Iceman, Miss/Captain Marvel, and Elektra, Dr. Doom, Nightcrawler, Blink.

OCs can be made, but you are subject to having been a part of apocalypses serum. multiple characters will be allowed, but for now, post your interest in only one canon.

The Character Sheets
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Powers:
Abilities:
Equipment:
Biography:
Face-Claim:
Image:
Notes:

here is the character sheet. If you are making a OC, your bio should be detailing your life before the invasion and you were taken, subjected to the serum. im interested to see what powers OCs will bring, hehe.

be sure to PM your sheets to myself, WardenIce, and MaiMizzu

GM UPDATE!
The following characters have been approved:
Dr. Doom
Elektra
Blink
Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers]
Iron Man
Captain America
Jason Carver [OC]
Scarlet Spider [Ben Reilly]
Streak [OC]
Titania
Nightcrawler

would all you who had submitted sheets for these respective characters, please post your sheet In this thread

the ooc is now avialable to begin plot discussion/connection making here

Loves

you know who I want  to play   8-)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

zenpai

I wonder if I can play a infected human. I got a James Heller like person.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

theyre not infected, persey, they just achieved a new power.
Quote from: Batman4560 on March 20, 2014, 07:24:44 PM
*Tagging in*
tagging in as who?

Loves

Quote from: apygoos on March 20, 2014, 07:46:37 PM
tagging in as who?

*whispers*

it says he's Batman :P

sorry, sorry..... couldn't resist!!    LOL

*giggles some more*

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

Dark Claw...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

and Sparrow

But seriously I will have to think about it.

Batman4560

I am not all that well versed in Marvel characters but I would say I would like to play (Since the Cap is on reserve) is...pending.

Loves

<----------  has reserved Elektra

and also knows nothing about her :P   but I can do research and have done in picking her!  and well, yes, I am rather excited over it toooooos
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

...0.o you pick like the sexiest characters.

Loves

sexy is fun :) 

I was gonna do the Black Cat at first, but I thought she would end up coming out as Catwoman, and that girl...she is pushy in my head so I figured, for my own sanity I had better pick again  ::)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

They can seem similar at times.

zenpai

if any man be worthy he shall wiled the power of thor. If I cant have thor I want one of the people that has picked up  Mjǫlnir. That mean hulk or Bata Ray bill
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Batman4560

Dude you have got to play Beta Ray Bill.

Diesel Heart

I'm playing Iceman here.

Juggtacular

Sweet the Hammer Bros.

I call dibs on Blue Marvel.

apygoos

Thor, Beta, and Blue marvel...while i wont necessarily object to these claims, we also already have Miss Marvel. ITs starting to feel like a lot of the same character type floating around which might potentially become unfun.
Just something to keep in consideration. Thor will not have ability to go godmode in this game. so it is known. if you maintain those as your choices, the Hammer Brothers will likely not be kept together, and wont join up for a while, most likely. Based on interest, it is a possibility to be split in three to 4 "zones"
Thor will likely have been in Asgard when all this fighting broke out. As for Blue Marvel if he was on earth he will likely have been one that Apocalypse himself paid a visit. still a bit to sort out, but still alot to think on.

Neysha

Groot being dead sounds incredibly random. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

apygoos

Quote from: Neysha on March 20, 2014, 10:20:25 PM
Groot being dead sounds incredibly random. :p
random? or implies the Guardians of the Galaxy are around ;) I had a few fights playing out in my head, heh.

Neysha

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNN....!

I'll join up as well, soon as I think of a cool chick I can join as. Someone out of left field like last time. ;)
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Juggtacular

There's a few.

Gamora
Spider-Woman
White Tiger
Tigra
Quake
Constrictor
Surge
Shark Girl
Namora/Namorita

The list goes on, lol.

apygoos

marrow is avialable, WardenIce has changed his choice to his namesake, Iceman.

Diesel Heart

You can blame Apy for the change. I have broken my Ice power celibacy!!

zergmuncher

I'd like to tag in with an original character idea.

Here's the sitrep: His powers are to be able to use equivalent exchange through deconstructing and reconstructing matter. But it has a Midas trigger, meaning that it's only on things he can touch with his skin. He wouldn't be able to change his own body because that would go horrifically wrong, and he'd be limited because it's equivalent exchange.

Yes? No? I really want to play this character, especially in the Marvel universe.

Batman4560

So is Doctor Doom available?

AribethAmkiir

I'll go with Blink, if possible:

apygoos

TheVillain

Was in the original Apacolypse game as Nightcrawler. If this gets rebooted I'd like to do that again if you don't mind.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

apygoos

entirely possible, villain.

Raen234

If your still open to more people, i would love to jump in on something like this. I love marvel characters, and am currently reading a few of the comics at this moment. :P . Would love to play Deadpool, im very familiar with the character. or really there is a long list of characters that would be fun.
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os

apygoos

Quote from: Raen234 on March 21, 2014, 02:44:12 AM
If your still open to more people, i would love to jump in on something like this. I love marvel characters, and am currently reading a few of the comics at this moment. :P . Would love to play Deadpool, im very familiar with the character. or really there is a long list of characters that would be fun.
Deadpool would be fine i believe, however, talk all your options into consideration. as i said you will be able to take more characters later, but for now pick out the one you want the most if its available!.

MaiMizzu

If I take a second character... i think I wanna be Sabretooth. Is that weird?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Quote from: MaiMizzu on March 21, 2014, 04:31:10 AM
If I take a second character... i think I wanna be Sabretooth. Is that weird?
no second characters until the game has started! bad Ash!
can think about them i suppose though.

MaiMizzu

I know! I was just saying!  But now that I think about it.. would sabertooth be a more interesting char for the start of the game? Should I go with him and have danvers as my second? When the game gets goin and all. The fact tbat sabretooth is a lil loopy could be interesting.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

AribethAmkiir

I would agree that Sabertooth would possibly be a more interesting character to play, but knowing how games go around here, Carol would be swooped up very quickly.

Diesel Heart

I think you should play Toad, Mai =P He would be totally 100% more interesting.

Praxis

Hawkeye here if still available.

Also...an original with teleportation powers.

apygoos

Clint is very much available.
infact theres a TON of Avengers, Xmen, and all the in betweens available.

Batman4560

I thought about Ben Reily but Doom is who I am going with.

apygoos

+1 Victor VonDoom
im curious to see what the leader of his own sovereign nation will do this time with the world under siege.

Diesel Heart

Obviously, it's Doom things.

Batman4560

Ya know, team up with the heroes, save the world and then kill a hero. Then get beaten only to reveal it was a Doom bot the entire time. While the Real Doom is trying to merge his mind with the first mutant and become the supreme ruler of the world...again.

Diesel Heart

Neysha

Hmmmm thinking I might join as a strong female type. Titania or Battleaxe or Poundcakes. Oh or maybe Outlaw! At least I narrowed it down!
My Request Thread

zenpai

I really want to make a Alex Mercer or James Heller type person

Neysha

Quote from: zenpai on March 22, 2014, 02:59:45 PM
I really want to make a Alex Mercer or James Heller type person

Symbiotes yo!
My Request Thread

Wicked Vixen

I call dibs on Jubilee!!! ;D

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Batman4560

VonDoom

Hm, looks interesting. It is a shame that my namesake has been reserved already, but perhaps someone else may suffice, though I would be all over that if Batman4560 changes his mind.  >:)

Say, Sebastian Shaw or ... Graviton. Especially the latter, since he's quite underused for someone who controls the gravitonic force to a similar extent as Magneto electro-magnetism. I figure if people like Thor or Blue Marvel aren't off-limits, old Franklin Hall might still make the cut, especially as a villainous character. He's certainly too powerful and self-possessed to want to just roll over and submit to Apocalypse.

I figure Graviton might start out having taken control of a territory, setting himself up as a messiah figure of sorts that provides a safe haven as long as people are properly appreciative.  ;D Something that could easily crumble around him during an invasion and set him on a path of petty revenge.

Edit: Oh, point of curiosity - how did Richards die?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Juggtacular

Sue could have saved him, but she was cheating on him with Namor as usual.

apygoos

i dont think im going to let blue marvel, simply because we already have ms marvel, and hes just on a huge power level that frankly, if he was on earth, likely wouldve been paid a visit by a few of the four horseman themselves. Thor is being permitted, but as said before, he cant go godmode. in addition having too many people of the same archestype [ultra bricks] could potentially become stale., if that makes sense?

The Fantastic Four  were one of the groups hit hardest with no warning. The group was paid a visit by war and Famine: Red Hulk and the Mandarin respectively. I should also say that Emma Frost is pestilence, and Death? well we wanted to see what you all think should be Apocalypses chief agent of death. We didn't want to use Archangel because it had happened to him before, and if someone wanted to play Warren, in that regard he could have a slightly larger role than others down the road if hopefully the game gets that far. Carnage was used as death previously.

Hopefully, ill have a CS up for people to check out and fill out later today. once that happens  and you have a character submitted and approved, you can contemplate a second character [canon or OC]

Neysha

Yeah upon pondering it for awhile,  I think i'll join as Titania since she's more well known then my other ideas,  and isn't really an ultra brick. She has formidablr strength and durability, but no superpowers beyond that.  No flight or energy projection. She's not even that bright. So it'll be a fun change of pace from last time.

Also she's a villain without being vehemently evil which is appealing.
My Request Thread

kckolbe

I remember the first version of this, was definitely enjoying it.  If you are looking for more male characters, I'm always down to play Banshee, or willing to try someone else.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 09:53:01 AM
I remember the first version of this, was definitely enjoying it.  If you are looking for more male characters, I'm always down to play Banshee, or willing to try someone else.
youremore than welcome to play banshee, or another character!

Diesel Heart

My secondary character interest:

Canon
Bob the Hydra Agent
Howard the Duck
Marrow
Luke Cage
Wolverine

Original
Anarchy

kckolbe

I would recommend making second characters something to be earned through activity.  This being at least mainly PvE, character death is not that likely, so there isn't a lot of benefit to having a lot of characters.  If anything, second chars should probably only be used this early on to help even ratios.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 12:09:17 PM
I would recommend making second characters something to be earned through activity.  This being at least mainly PvE, character death is not that likely, so there isn't a lot of benefit to having a lot of characters.  If anything, second chars should probably only be used this early on to help even ratios.
it will be something to consider. which is why for now, i say think on them, but nothing will really happen until characters are locked in. a thirdcharacter wont be possible until a couple months of activity.
on that note

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Powers:
Abilities:
Equipment:
Biography:
Face-Claim:
Image:
Notes:

here is the character sheet. If you are making a OC, your bio should be detailing your life before the invasion and you were taken, subjected to the serum. im interested to see what powers OCs will bring, hehe.

be sure to PM your sheets to myself, WardenIce, and MaiMizzu

Diesel Heart

Quote from: kckolbe on March 23, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

Well, that goes without saying. Still, having the interest in who you may be willing to play as a secondary focus isn't that bad. We haven't established an exact time where playing the second characters are allowed. Where it stands now is generally a friendly reminder not to stress yourself too much on having to pick from a list of wonderful characters when opportunities are presented later to play another.

VonDoom

Uh, perhaps showing that I haven't been hugely active on these boards, but ... 'face-claim'? Is this one of those 'use models/actors instead of comic images' things, to reserve people? And if so, is that mandatory? I'll admit, I prefer art for superhero comics-based games.

O&O

Diesel Heart

Quote from: VonDoom on March 23, 2014, 12:50:29 PM
Uh, perhaps showing that I haven't been hugely active on these boards, but ... 'face-claim'? Is this one of those 'use models/actors instead of comic images' things, to reserve people? And if so, is that mandatory? I'll admit, I prefer art for superhero comics-based games.

I've always seen it as rather novelty or simply fun with no real significance or impact on the game. I would say it's optional, personally for those that want to just have the added bit of fun with the character.

Batman4560

VonDoom, I can't stand in the way of someone with that name playing the good Doctor. Go ahead and take him. Ill figure something out.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 12:58:40 PM
VonDoom, I can't stand in the way of someone with that name playing the good Doctor. Go ahead and take him. Ill figure something out.

There's always Valeria von Doom =P

ebpohmr

Registering interest, but not sure what I might want to play yet. *goes off to read more about apocalypse*

apygoos

please PM the sheets as instructed.

VonDoom

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 12:58:40 PM

Really? Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 02:32:27 PM
please PM the sheets as instructed.

Sorry, fixed it.

O&O

Batman4560

Any time. There seem to be hundreds of Marvel Characters.

Loves

Elektra's sheet has been sent  :)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Juggtacular

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
i dont think im going to let blue marvel, simply because we already have ms marvel, and hes just on a huge power level that frankly, if he was on earth, likely wouldve been paid a visit by a few of the four horseman themselves. Thor is being permitted, but as said before, he cant go godmode. in addition having too many people of the same archestype [ultra bricks] could potentially become stale., if that makes sense?

The Fantastic Four  were one of the groups hit hardest with no warning. The group was paid a visit by war and Famine: Red Hulk and the Mandarin respectively. I should also say that Emma Frost is pestilence, and Death? well we wanted to see what you all think should be Apocalypses chief agent of death. We didn't want to use Archangel because it had happened to him before, and if someone wanted to play Warren, in that regard he could have a slightly larger role than others down the road if hopefully the game gets that far. Carnage was used as death previously.

Hopefully, ill have a CS up for people to check out and fill out later today. once that happens  and you have a character submitted and approved, you can contemplate a second character [canon or OC]

I don't think that's quite fair. Blue Marvel is powerful yes but so is Thor(his creator even stated that he was on the same level as people like Hulk and Thor, but he expressly pointed out he wasn't just light years ahead of them) and Beta Ray Bill if whoever was expressing interest is still making him. As is Doom(one of the most powerful mages in Marvel period) and even Iceman when he's properly motivated(one of the strongest Omega Level Mutants out there). Even Graviton has simultaneously pinned every hero on Earth to the ground while levitating an island several miles above the surface of the planet and at one point he literally rearranged a portion of the planet to resemble his face. And aside from having Marvel in his name, he has absolutely nothing to do with Carol Danvers. I was looking forward to this but if I can't play Blue Marvel, I'm going to unfortunately have to retract myself. Hope this thing goes well.

AribethAmkiir

What's the state of the world (universe) before Apocalypse's attack?  Where in the timeline does this take place?  What major events would have taken place that would effect our characters?

apygoos

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 23, 2014, 04:44:16 PM
What's the state of the world (universe) before Apocalypse's attack?  Where in the timeline does this take place?  What major events would have taken place that would effect our characters?
we the GMs has a general nod to post AvX, with that being the most recent 616 event. so the Avenger unity squad would be formed formed for the Avengers from the Xmen. you can say "the event" occurs a couple months after those events. This is our own universe however. I personally want to attempt to follow as close a combination of 616[main timeline] and ultimate as possible, somewhat like the cinematic universe does.

ebpohmr

Having read up on Apocalypse, I have an idea for a psychokinetic flyer/healer OC. A question though - how long before the game starts will OC's have had their powers? Just trying to get a feeling for how likely they are to understand and control their newly-received abilities?

apygoos

Quote from: ebpohmr on March 23, 2014, 05:30:14 PM
Having read up on Apocalypse, I have an idea for a psychokinetic flyer/healer OC. A question though - how long before the game starts will OC's have had their powers? Just trying to get a feeling for how likely they are to understand and control their newly-received abilities?
its been about a week or two since the event. this will be a point of discussion once we get to ooc. a week or two namely because humans were rounded up into those gigantic concentration camps for serum administration. the likelyhood of understanding/control i would say correlated directly to how complex a power you have is. most people though would be aware that its the serum that's giving them /something/. psychokinetic flight + healing is perfectly valid.  on your sheet just be sure to explain to what level this healing is.

ebpohmr

Quote from: apygoos on March 23, 2014, 05:45:05 PM
its been about a week or two since the event. this will be a point of discussion once we get to ooc. a week or two namely because humans were rounded up into those gigantic concentration camps for serum administration. the likelyhood of understanding/control i would say correlated directly to how complex a power you have is. most people though would be aware that its the serum that's giving them /something/. psychokinetic flight + healing is perfectly valid.  on your sheet just be sure to explain to what level this healing is.

Ah, cool! Is it okay to include notes of optional abilities I would like to include along with descriptions/justifications? I don't want him to be overpowered, but you GM's are the best judge of where that line is!

Batman4560

Would it be at all possible to play this character?

apygoos

Quote from: ebpohmr on March 23, 2014, 05:51:26 PM
Ah, cool! Is it okay to include notes of optional abilities I would like to include along with descriptions/justifications? I don't want him to be overpowered, but you GM's are the best judge of where that line is!
sure!

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 05:56:12 PM
Would it be at all possible to play this character?

were not particularly crazy about the character. hes only really present in marvel zombies, thats it.

Batman4560

NOOOOOO!!! I didn't think so. *Shrugs shoulders* But it was worth a shot.

As I said, I am not well versed in Marvel but is Ben Reilly or Alex Summers available?

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 23, 2014, 06:31:22 PM
NOOOOOO!!! I didn't think so. *Shrugs shoulders* But it was worth a shot.

As I said, I am not well versed in Marvel but is Ben Reilly or Alex Summers available?
Scarlet Spider and Havok are both available.

LunarSage

Alright, question... can I bring back any of my old characters (assuming they're not already claimed this time around)?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

apygoos

i remember you had Thor, which isnt yet taken, but i dont remember which other ones you had. as with everyone else, perhaps if Thor was who you had interest in make a new sheet here and give it to us for approval. once approved you can look at second characters.

Diesel Heart

So, I'll have to confess that I've been struggling to settle on a single character for a while for this, and now that I've finally finalized my choice I'm going to inform those still looking or those for future interest that Iceman has become available. I've taken Iron-Man in the end.

VonDoom

I believe it's worth pointing out that Ms. Marvel, Thor AND Blue Marvel aren't just 'bricks' and vastly different personalities on top of that. Ms. Marvel has her energy blasts as well as the ability to absorb and redirect vast amounts of energy (and may have the potential to go Binary at some point), Thor controls the weather and Blue Marvel I -think- primarily works with energy manipulation abilities, though he uses those to effectively be a 'brick' as well.

Been meaning to ask: did Apocalypse get an extra-upgrade for this game, or were Red Hulk and Mandarin not enhanced that much as Horsemen and just rewired a bit? With those headstrong powerhouses, it seems like he might be setting himself up for another Archangel situation again.

O&O

Diesel Heart

Quote from: loislanekent on March 24, 2014, 11:47:39 AM
Could I throw my hat in the Ring for Carol Danvers aka Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel?

We've already accepted an application for Carol. Apologies for the inconvenience.

apygoos

Quote from: VonDoom on March 24, 2014, 12:03:28 PM
I believe it's worth pointing out that Ms. Marvel, Thor AND Blue Marvel aren't just 'bricks' and vastly different personalities on top of that. Ms. Marvel has her energy blasts as well as the ability to absorb and redirect vast amounts of energy (and may have the potential to go Binary at some point), Thor controls the weather and Blue Marvel I -think- primarily works with energy manipulation abilities, though he uses those to effectively be a 'brick' as well.

Been meaning to ask: did Apocalypse get an extra-upgrade for this game, or were Red Hulk and Mandarin not enhanced that much as Horsemen and just rewired a bit? With those headstrong powerhouses, it seems like he might be setting himself up for another Archangel situation again.
you have single-handedly pointed out that if someone goes to play archangel, he could be important to the plot in the long run. I think if we upgraded apoc at all, it would be a near-impossible fight come the "endgame" for act 1 [yes, i have ideas for what comes after apoc, i really want this game to go for a while, and by while i mean years, if possible, ambitious? maybe, but w/e]. for now they are operating under the premise of "rule without consequence, second only to me" He is asserting stronger telepathic influence than before, but these are very strong willed people,

LunarSage

I'm a seasoned Marvel buff... and I've never heard of Blue Marvel.  Newer character?

VonDoom

Fairly new, created in 2008 and recently used again in a couple stories. About as powerful as the Sentry, but not ruined by bad writing yet (to my knowledge). Have a wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Quote from: apygoos on March 24, 2014, 12:42:49 PM
you have single-handedly pointed out that if someone goes to play archangel, he could be important to the plot in the long run. I think if we upgraded apoc at all, it would be a near-impossible fight come the "endgame" for act 1 [yes, i have ideas for what comes after apoc, i really want this game to go for a while, and by while i mean years, if possible, ambitious? maybe, but w/e]. for now they are operating under the premise of "rule without consequence, second only to me" He is asserting stronger telepathic influence than before, but these are very strong willed people,

True, true, Archangel would be quite interesting! Though if you really go with the A vs. X point of the timeline, he'd probably be ... Angel, right now? Dead? One of those. X-Men has gotten even more confusing to keep track of of late. Re: Apocalypse, I was mostly asking because Red Hulk and Mandarin could probably already give him a run for his money in top form -- well, mostly Mandarin, if you went with the more reasonable later Red Hulk that doesn't punch out The Watcher.

Though I admittedly haven't seen much of him during his X-Factor days aside from some trade paperbacks, which is probably when he was at the height of his shown power ... mostly going off of what we saw from him in Age of Apocalypse. Which reminds me: did Mr. Sinister make an appearance in the past game? I imagine he's being his usual magnificently treacherous self?

O&O

apygoos

yea blue marvel deals in a whole array of anitmatter manipulation/energy conversion/projection.
post AvX he is simply The Angel , but still has the archangel powers..and a couple new ones iirc.
once ressurected with the life seed warren received:
Resurrection: After his metamorphosis by the Celestial Life Seed he is seemingly gain the ability to raise the dead.
Essence Reading

Energy Manipulation
Energy Blasts
Energy Constructs

so hes a green lantern on roids.

Wajin

So Apy I have a definite interest, but got sort of a weird request for a character, think we could talk it over in PM?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Neysha

Quote from: LunarSage on March 24, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
I'm a seasoned Marvel buff... and I've never heard of Blue Marvel.  Newer character?

Yeah I've been reading up on AvX myself since that was included. Another rather convulated and epic crossover it seems. :p
My Request Thread

Mathim

So nobody's become Captain Universe at any point to attempt to quell this nightmare, even temporarily?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

VonDoom

From a Universal perspective, it's probably not particularly relevant unless they get the M'Kraan crystal involved again.

O&O

apygoos

Quote from: Mathim on March 24, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
So nobody's become Captain Universe at any point to attempt to quell this nightmare, even temporarily?
newp

apygoos

GM UPDATE!
The following characters have been approved:
Dr. Doom
Elektra
Blink
Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers]
Iron Man
Captain America
Jason Carver [OC]
Scarlet Spider [Ben Reilly]
Streak [OC]
Titania
Nightcrawler

would all you who had submitted sheets for these respective characters, please post your sheet In this thread

the ooc is now avialable to begin plot discussion/connection making here

VoluptuousVixen

Hey can I request Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew?

apygoos

that character is currently reserved

VoluptuousVixen

Lady Sif? RedShe Hulk? Black Widow? Emma Frost?

LunarSage

Emma's a villain in this, I know.

VoluptuousVixen

Sent My submission for Lady Sif  :-\

Raen234

Sent in my submission for a character.
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os

Batman4560

redneckviking

What sort of process do I need to go through to be Thor?

LunarSage

Quote from: redneckviking on March 26, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Lift Mjonir and be worthy.  That's pretty much it.

>.>

Or did you mean to play Thor?   ;)  :P

AribethAmkiir

Have long wavy hair and take the nickname "Goldilocks"?

LunarSage

Quote from: redneckviking on March 26, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Heh seriously though... I think just pm apygoos and the other GMs with interest.  :-)

apygoos

Quote from: LunarSage on March 26, 2014, 05:23:40 PM
Heh seriously though... I think just pm apygoos and the other GMs with interest.  :-)
pretty much

apygoos

that it is! were hoping to launch the game within the next few days, so by all means, come on down!

TamaRose

Cool! If I am an Oc I have had the serum...right?

apygoos

that is generally correct, yes.

DarkAngel111

IS Ironman still available? :P
i would like to play him if he is! :)

VonDoom

Already taken, I'm afraid. I recommend looking up the thread for approved characters, linked in the opening.

O&O

SpiralSpider

I've been wanting to join this for days but my trouble is what super power to choose for my OC. :/

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

apygoos

i know it can be daunting, but im sure youll find a good one ;)

AribethAmkiir

There is a super-power wiki that might be able to help Spiral.  Just Google super powers.

VonDoom

Is there any particular type you're interested in? Some type of energy Manipulation, physical powers, mind-based?

Alternatively, you could write the character pre-powers and ask for suggestions on what might fit well (or not at all, if it's intended more a curse than blessing).

O&O

apygoos

we got a sheet from her :)

TamaRose

For the face claim do you want a picture...or how does that work? Please, help. I never had to do the face claim before. So, I don't know what I am doing.

AribethAmkiir

All the face claim means is the actor/model who you're using to represent your character.

VonDoom

And it's entirely optional, so if you want to stick with a drawn image, that's fine too. I did! (Of course, my character always wears his faceplate. And I'm staying well away from any movie appearances, past or present!)

O&O

TamaRose

I was hoping to use Scarlett Johansson as my character but do I just post her picture or is there a format I have to use?

apygoos

Quote from: TamaRose on March 30, 2014, 11:47:56 AM
I was hoping to use Scarlett Johansson as my character but do I just post her picture or is there a format I have to use?
on the sheet? Assuming its Nat/Black Widow just post the picture. if youre using her as a face claim for a different character id also provide some sort of reference. once, and hopefully if, we get to big game status, then we can worry about specially made tag pictures and whatnot.

TamaRose

I was using her as an OC. Is that unacceptable?

apygoos

Quote from: TamaRose on March 30, 2014, 12:02:19 PM
I was using her as an OC. Is that unacceptable?
thats A-okay!
scarlett just wont be wearing shield attire like i thought she would, haha. OC away :)

SpiralSpider

Sorry, I should have posted here that I settled on powers. ^.^' Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

I decided to stick with stuff Apocalypse actually had and I only chose a few - but that's because I was adapting my superhero OC from another campaign. I hope she's approved.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

TamaRose

Quote from: apygoos on March 30, 2014, 12:09:24 PM
thats A-okay!
scarlett just wont be wearing shield attire like i thought she would, haha. OC away :)

Thank you!

Blademaster

Tagging in on as Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye.