Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

I kinda agree with Von on the Henry idea. Henry's youth is part of what made him a good part of the story. He was the kid in the fairytale up until this past season where he grew up enough to have his own unique place and responsibility. That said, I won't distress if the GM decides a teenaged Hendry suits the situation best.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kokaine

I'll roll with whatever the GM wants regarding Henry. Ruby isn't gonna be playing constant babysitter though >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aislinn

I have some additional thoughts on the subject but today is a busy day for me so I probably won't get back around to posting them until today. I do, however, want to thank everyone for their input!
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Kokaine

Okay, sheetlet sent. If anyone wants to talk pre-curse or post curse connections, let me know. Ruby's pre-curse bestie (Snow) isn't being played as of yet so I am open to toying with different ideas.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

VonDoom

I might know how to get a wolf's curse under control, dearie...  >:)  O:)

Well, if you kept that, otherwise it's probably irrelevant.  ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Kokaine

Ruby is absolute still a werewolf. I was even toying with the idea of a period when she truly went a little wild and really was a "big bad wolf". Perhaps when she met her mother or after someone stole her cloak or perhaps due to the interference of some sort of magic.

Of course, that means I'd need to figure out what made her want to change back or how that all occurred.

My O/Os

Aiden

I would be so in, if Scar had some of his Lion like qualities as a human. Doesn't necessary have to be were lion but totally open to it.

VonDoom

Maybe, uh, someone approached her with the notion of controlling the curse without such an easily lost trinket like a cloak -- and neglected to mention that the control wouldn't be hers but instead ... that someone's ... and put the wolf-form to 'good use' for a bit until someone else made another deal to return her? Which could account for any differences in how her curse works in current setting time you might want to do.

Just throwing out ideas, though.  :-)

O&O

Clio

Alright. Before I send in my sheetlet, how canon should I keep my Belle? And I'm sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but when are we basing this? Pre-curse or post-curse for now? It's rather important if we're doing a more canon Belle thing, as she was trapped until Rumple found her.

Also, are we tending to use the show's face claims?

Sorry if these are all questions that have been answered already.

EDIT:

I realized that I had actually meant 'post curse, but pre-curse breaking,' up there, so just ignore the question about Belle being trapped. I assume she won't be.

And I'm alright with not doing the beauty and the beast storyline, although I do like it. I understand that default romances can stifle group games.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Bibliophilia

Is Rumple still Beast?  I'm...curious...for reasons...

Aislinn

Quote from: Christa on March 18, 2016, 08:06:32 PM
Alright. Before I send in my sheetlet, how canon should I keep my Belle? And I'm sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but when are we basing this? Pre-curse or post-curse for now? It's rather important if we're doing a more canon Belle thing, as she was trapped until Rumple found her.

Also, are we tending to use the show's face claims?

Sorry if these are all questions that have been answered already.

EDIT:

I realized that I had actually meant 'post curse, but pre-curse breaking,' up there, so just ignore the question about Belle being trapped. I assume she won't be.

And I'm alright with not doing the beauty and the beast storyline, although I do like it. I understand that default romances can stifle group games.

Your Belle can be as cannon....or as off-script as you want. That's up to you. The story will start with Emma coming to town, post curse #1 but pre-curse #1 breaking.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

VonDoom

I submitted my version of Rumpel under the assumption that he is not the Beast in this game. I wanted to keep something 'somewhat similar' in there and added that he was Bluebeard instead, so I'm alright with a bit of confusion regarding the matter if memories aren't perfectly restored to everyone.

As you said, the 'pre-destined romance' is a bit stifling when we're starting in advance of its introduction. Though I don't mind if something grows naturally, of course.

O&O

Flower

I finished mine too. I'm going to wait to see if she's approved or need edits before pestering you guys. <3

Clio

Kokaine

Quote from: VonDoom on March 18, 2016, 01:13:00 PM
Maybe, uh, someone approached her with the notion of controlling the curse without such an easily lost trinket like a cloak -- and neglected to mention that the control wouldn't be hers but instead ... that someone's ... and put the wolf-form to 'good use' for a bit until someone else made another deal to return her? Which could account for any differences in how her curse works in current setting time you might want to do.

Just throwing out ideas, though.  :-)

I kinda like this idea. She could have run after eating Peter... And then maybe someone came to slay the beast and that set into motion the events that led to her getting freed. I'd leave that part vague though just so I don't have to railroad a potential character that someone might want to play later. But yeah, Red under someone else's control for a bit? Scary xD

My O/Os

Bibliophilia

Since Rumple isn't Beast, expect a Beast sheet from me later today.  And I'm going to go ahead and claim Jason Mamoa for my face.

AlphaWolfQuin

Sorry for disappearing guys. I just got caught up with the discussion and if everyone is alright with it. I wouldn't mind playing Henry at any age (preferably older like it was suggested but I could play him younger) I have experience playing younger PG roles within adult stories so for me it would be quite easy a lot of my characters that I've played in the past have children under the age of 16 who never even get close to any adult content, so much so that if a thread has adult content in it, I won't post for my younger characters in that thread until the adult scene is over and the thread has moved on into a different scene (Assuming it's multiple threads of course).

I am still very much interested in this group and was thinking of possibly taking up the role of Robin Hood(If he's available still) or making an OC, perhaps a werewolf that's part of Ruby's pack if the character playing her and GM of group would be alright with that. I have a whole list of OC's that could possibly fit into the group and they're all different species, ages, and genders (including gender fluent and trans characters as well). This thread sparked my muse and I'm really looking forward to playing I absolutely love Once and I've been waiting for something like this to come along ;D
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Aislinn

Sorry that I couldn't post last night but this weekend unexpectedly got busy. I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow.

I was hoping to avoid using Henry but I seem to be the odd man out in this scenario so I'm going to have to think a bit more about it and if there is any set of conditions where I am comfortable with it.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

I honestly don't mind if we forgo old Henry. Please don't feel pressured! I'm sure something else can be used in the place of him. Desperation and hard times have a way of making even the most unfriendliest of rivals get along.

Bibliophilia

Does level of control mean how much they remember from before the curse?

Aislinn

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 19, 2016, 05:23:09 PM
Does level of control mean how much they remember from before the curse?

No. It means how much you want the GM dabbling in your story line. It seems most people don't really want the GM to mess around too much with their characters so I will be strictly a storyteller for this game it seems.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aiden

Clio

Quote from: Aislinn on March 19, 2016, 05:03:46 PM
Sorry that I couldn't post last night but this weekend unexpectedly got busy. I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow.

I was hoping to avoid using Henry but I seem to be the odd man out in this scenario so I'm going to have to think a bit more about it and if there is any set of conditions where I am comfortable with it.

Quote from: Aislinn on March 19, 2016, 05:31:33 PM
No. It means how much you want the GM dabbling in your story line. It seems most people don't really want the GM to mess around too much with their characters so I will be strictly a storyteller for this game it seems.

This might seem like I'm sucking up, but I'm actually agreeing with you on both of these. I've never really had a GM have much control, so the thought of being surprised has a bit of appeal. I mean, I'd hope to still be warned a bit and still have the option to talk it through if it's something too drastic, but I don't mind the GM setting some things up for Belle or changing things if need be.

I was hoping to avoid using Henry also. I mean, I just think it would be both safer and easier. I don't feel like he'd add a ton to the story anyway, but maybe that's just me. Since we're already changing the canon quite a bit, it wouldn't be such a huge thing to me.

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 19, 2016, 05:31:33 PM
as I said in my sheet, although I like total control of my character. I'm open to advice and will follow GM directions for plot ideas. I just like the finale decisions and the playing of my character in my hands. Though if it were another character beside my Cheshire, I'd might release more. That said, Jazz has the ability to grow into as much an important character as you see fit. Her magical ability - when she had magical ability - is unique and quite useful. She's a character that always knows everything going on but rarely gives information unless I'm a confusing manner, and she loves to annoy those she seems annoyable. Such as the red queen.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

So...I'm in the process of catching up and looking over everyone's mini-sheets. Thanks for getting those in! Life caught me a bit off-guard the past few days so I apologize for not being as present as I wanted to be.

On the subject of Henry, I've thought about it and hope I've come up with a solution. I realize what the rules are here at E and I've consulted the powers-that-be. I would prefer he not be a part of the story at all but enough of you have mentioned that you don't agree with that opinion that I've gone back to think about it some more. I am still uncomfortable with Henry's presence in the story but I think that to preserve his place in the story but compromise on the whole presence-thing, it would be fair to compromise and say that Henry DOES exist....but he can only be mentioned in passing. He's around...he exists....but he's just never involved in the stories.

Does that work for everyone?

Also something else we need to discuss. What board does everyone feel this story would most appropriately fit into? I was originally thinking Light - Small Groups - Exotic. The reason for exotic is simple: Some fairy tale characters are not human when the curse breaks. However, I have no idea how some of you would like to deal with that so I'm opening up the question for discussion. Many of you have much more experience with group games on these boards then I do so I'm open to suggestions! =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”