RECRUITING! Harry Potter - Next Gen - Beyond Hogwarts - Free Tacos for Dudes

Started by Red Offerings, April 29, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenyx

♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

RainbowRian

Two more questions.  What could he teach? also could he run Dueling club?

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

RainbowRian

He followed in the footsteps of Minerva.  So would that be transfiguration? or is that taken

Red Offerings

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 07:43:47 PM
He followed in the footsteps of Minerva.  So would that be transfiguration? or is that taken

It is now, by you! :)

phoenyx

O/O

RainbowRian

Yay!  Imagine him as a male, fun minerva.  much like when the bridge of hogwarts was blown up.

Caela

Oh, I must say, Astrid highly approves of all the eye-candy at school!!! lol

Red Offerings

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on May 01, 2013, 07:56:21 PM
Oh, I must say, Astrid highly approves of all the eye-candy at school!!! lol
*nods*

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 07:55:25 PM
Yay!  Imagine him as a male, fun minerva.  much like when the bridge of hogwarts was blown up.
*giggles* strangely, i can picture this :P

O/O

Caela

I laughed so hard the first time I watched the movie and Minerva was all, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" lol. Here they are about to go into battle and she sounds like a kid at Christmas!

RainbowRian

Right. Molly was like.... ~looks... takes a step to the side~

I wish you could take the owls and newts exams.

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on May 01, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
I laughed so hard the first time I watched the movie and Minerva was all, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" lol. Here they are about to go into battle and she sounds like a kid at Christmas!
Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 08:29:23 PM
Right. Molly was like.... ~looks... takes a step to the side~

I wish you could take the owls and newts exams.

I busted a gut listening to Minerva, and about died at Molly's expression

O/O

Red Offerings

Caela

name: Athena StarGazer-Smith

race: Witch

Blood Status: Half-Blood, Muggle father

position: PhD Student - Magical Archaeology, teaches Beginning Divination

Signature Spell: Seer; Bubble-Head Charm modified so that it can continue to draw oxygen from the water around her, not just hold a finite amount.

Wand: 10 1/2 in, Olive, Centaur tail strand core

mirror, mirror on the wall:http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/caela_ecub/Brunettes/ed3.jpg
A curtain of chocolate waves fall just past Athena's shoulders and frame a face that can be utterly serious, or filled with mirth in turns faster than most people can follow. Golden-brown eyes typically look out on the world as if she knows some secret that amuses her...and she's not sharing.

in my heart of hearts: Athena is a sarcastic, kind, intelligent young woman. She studies hard, and plays harder, enjoying a variety of activities but preferring those that take her outside and let her enjoy the beauty of nature around her. She finds the sounds of nature soothing, particularly just after a Prophecy has gripped her. For the most part she ignores her Gift because it's something she can't truly control, the Prophecies come as they will and she simply chooses to live her life irregardless of what she Sees.

As a friend she is loyal and caring but more than willing to share harsh truths as well. She doesn't believe in "polite" lies and doesn't bother telling them, though she does try to soften some of what she tells people if she thinks it's necessary.

As an enemy she is someone to be wary of. Her temper can burn fast and die just as quickly for minor matters but if you truly earn her enmity she will be patient and wait for the opportune moment to (when you are least expecting it and might even think she's forgotten) to exact her vengeance.

my dark past: Athena grew up living what seemed to be a charmed life. The daughter of an American businessman and a Greek Witch, she actually grew up moving around many different parts of the world for her father's business ventures. When the time came to get her letter, she actually got more than one because of her nomadic lifestyle and her parents chose a school located near Queensland, Australia. The school itself it actually based on a small island in the Great Barrier Reef chain and is otherwise uninhabited. It was never "home" (that was always wherever her parents were) but it was a great deal of fun and she spent a good portion of her free time learning how to dive (which was how she gained exemplary control of, and affinity for, the Bubble-Head Charm) and swim the reefs that surrounded the island. Because it was far from the nearest Muggle habitation, it didn't require the same level of security as most other schools and only had a few spells to divert Muggle boats, ships, and aircraft so that it wouldn't be noticed.

While the school taught her the basics, much of her high level learning was done with her Mother who taught her things like Appariting/Disapparating and the Patronus Charm(an Owl in Athena's case). Athena wasn't sure when the latter would really be of much use, but her Mother made it a point that anything you could know, was worth knowing. While Athena hadn't grown up during the rise of Voldermort, her Mother had and she wanted her daughter to always be prepared to defend herself as needed. To that end, she also taught her daughter how to duel, and there could be no harsher teacher than Athena's own Mother when it came to winning a duel!

All her time spent diving also piqued the interest that, finally, brought her to Dragonsclaw; the Archaeology of Magical Civilizations. Just like the Muggle world, the Magical had lost cities over time and she suspected that many of Muggle mythologies famed "lost cities" were actually Magical in origin. Cities like Atlantis that were supposed to have seemingly magical or advanced technological capabilities. All of her diving inspired a passion to search out such places and learn the secrets lost to time. To that end she moved to the only University the Magical community had, even though it took her far from the oceans she loved, to learn as much as she could about ancient magical civilizations. Because of her Gift as a Seer, her Mother also taught her other divinatory arts and she uses those skills to teach her Beginning Divination classes.

Note on her "Gift": Being a Seer is an inborn talent, not a skill she learned. According to her Mother, family lore has it that every generation of their family has spawned a Seer going back (supposedly) to Kassandra of Troy. Athena isn't certain that she truly believes the family stories, but they make an interesting story to tell when people ask about her Gift.

phoenyx

i absolutely love her. She's just the right.. I have to admit, I was a bit confussed with the Student/Teacher Position until I read further and found it explained in the bio parts. great job!

O/O

Red Offerings

Caela

Rave

Everyone's character pictures and descriptions are very authentic too~ I really enjoyed looking at them and realizing how closely them resembled their parents x3

Red Offerings

SapphireStar

Hi! Applying for the character of Rose Weasley.

Name:  Rose Weasley
Race: Human Witch
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Position: Student
Signature Spell: Petrificus Totalus
Wand: 11” Vine with Phoenix Feather

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: (Appearance looks like Ashley Greene)
Rose has the trademark ginger colored hair shared by majority of the Weasley family. She has blue eyes with a fair complexion. Her hair is typically poker straight, long and worn loose. Sometimes she will pull it back into a ponytail at the back of her head. When she uses makeup, her motto is less is more. She prefers light shades as well as neutral tones. Her wardrobe consists of a mixture of styles ranging from jeans to skirts. Her style would be considered feminine and conservative.

In my heart of hearts: Rose is very much like her mother, a smart and talented witch who is highly competitive both academically and in sports. She strives for  new challenges which test her mind. Like her father, she as a knack for playing Wizard’s Chess and has rarely been beaten in a game. It is perhaps the tactical thinking she developed playing chess which earned her a reputation for being a fierce Quidditch Player, developing plays which dazzled and amazed on the Pitch.

Rose is highly determined when it comes to tackling new challenges. She will not stop until she finds a solution, even if it means thinking outside the box. She can be very passionate about subjects close her heart often arguing her point with gusto. Speaks her mind even if the truth can be painful to hear, though on occasion she can stretch the truth. Like Hermione, she is not a very good liar, but can spin a convincing tale. When angered, her temper is something to fear, as she can be explosive or the wrathful storm behind a mask of calm, it depends on the situation which triggers the response. Rose is a fierce, brave, compassionate and loyal friend who can be depended to be there when needed.

My Dark Past: Rose is the daughter of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. She grew up amongst the close knit family and friends, as her parents stayed in touch with many of their former classmates throughout the years. When she got accepted to Hogwarts, she was excited, and was the first one to don her robes well before it was time to on the train. She is an incredibly talented and brilliant witch like her mother, Hermione.  She excels at Charms, Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts, while other subjects cause her to be more driven and focused till she perfects the task at hand.

During her school years at Hogwarts, aside from her academic achievements she also shared her father’s love of Quidditch eventually joining the team. She took the role of Keeper, defending the goals with a fierce determination. What she plans to do once she graduates college is unclear. She is torn between possibly following in her parents footsteps and joining the Ministry of Magic as either an Auror or possibly another position.