Cop

Started by Paradox, March 08, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Cop
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-woman-cop-busted.html#id491388

Back in my law-breaking, police-bashing days, I would have laughed and commended this guy; now, after quite a bit of changes in value and belief, I have the distinct urge to punch him in the face. Twice.

I admit that certain forms of police hypocrisy still bother me; however, considering all that they do for us, I'm alright with letting them break the rules every once in a while. They've earned it; besides, it's a friggin fire hydrant. If a fire were to break out, her presence there would actually be a good thing since she'd be able to notice it and notify the fire department much more quickly than an average citizen. After she notified them, she'd move her car to allow them access to the hydrant. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but this "jimmy justice" guy apparently felt the need to waste his time on covering the slightest governmental mishap. Honestly y'all, there are lots of other issues in American than could use some coverage, much more so than this.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The Overlord

There’s two sides to every story, if you ask me.

Yes, the guy was going out of his way to be a sarcastic, obnoxious prick.

On the other hand, without the gun and badge to prop her up, if the cop looked like she was capable of handling more than a box of Duncan Donuts I’d be more sympathetic.

Get out of your squad car fatass and walk a few more beats. I’m not sympathetic because five will get you ten this cop would spin her 200+ pounds on a dime to bust this guy for the slightest infraction if she caught him.

I’m all for honoring the duty our men and women in uniform perform daily but it’s also easy to subscribe to that hero bullshit post-9/11. Is she a hero for wearing the uniform and badge? Maybe, but so is the guy that runs the donut shop she visits every day that’s keeping his family fed.

In my opinion cops should lead by example. If you want to live by a different set of rules, don’t tell me there’s only one set.

MusicNeverDies

He was an obnoxious prick, but she was still in the wrong.

Cops who break laws, even those ones that so rarely affect things (How likely is it that that particular restaurant will burst into flames the 1/2 she is there?) just bother me. It is proving that the law does not work, because it doesn't apply evenly to all. If I was the guy filming I'd just get it on film without harassing her and report it.

Nessy

Her size has nothing to do with this. She was just wrong to do it and if you spent even a few days in the NY area, this sort of issue comes up all the time even for the pretty, small cops you might actually appreciate and respect.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

The Overlord

Quote from: Nessy on March 09, 2009, 12:58:51 AM
Her size has nothing to do with this. She was just wrong to do it and if you spent even a few days in the NY area, this sort of issue comes up all the time even for the pretty, small cops you might actually appreciate and respect.

Technically true, but understand I'm not picking on her gender; there's tons of obese male cops. I'd just feel better about law enforcement if we had role models guarding the system that didn't let themselves go like that. If she came up against a real pro hardened criminal, unless she's real good with that gun, she's gone.

MHaji

"Dumb Woman Cop Busted Video." Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this title? For that matter, JJ's slur against the woman who called out his hypocrisy says a lot about him.

Yes, the officer was in the wrong to block the hydrant, but her restraint in dealing with this guy was commendable. If I had a camera shoved in my face and the results posted on the Internet, I would not be happy. Not at all.
Ons and offs, in song form.

-

AUCUUCUACGAACGUGAAGCUGACACUCAUAUUAGUCCCAUGAUGGAA

Nessy

The problem with this video is that
1>  It doesn't represent the other side of the story. The cops in that area do this because they can't find parking, they don't want to spend 30-40 minutes trying to park just to have lunch or their entire break being eaten up doing the same. A few beats... in New York. Are you kidding. You have any idea how long it would take someone to try and find parking on some of those streets and certainly not a few "beats" down the street even if you could. There is a reason most people commute into the city, but the NYPD doesn't have a choice in the matter. They have to patrol those streets. oh and
2> Her parking in front of a fire-hydrant and not responding to some jerk with a camera has no reflection on her intelligence.  It does have a reflection on her patience.
Lastly 3> I have family in the area, and spent some time over there myself, in a two week period I was there, this issue came up twice in the news. It's not new and neither is getting them on camera doing it either.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Zeitgeist

As far as I am concerned, he blew his whole case when he called the other woman a 'fucking cunt'. Nothing wrong with holding the institution to its own laws, but if you cannot do it civilly and with some decorum, then don't do it all.

Trieste

The fact that he's out to get the parking cops ("parking nazis") kind of skews the video.

The lady who walked up and tried to help should have kept out of the way; it would otherwise have been a short clip of a cop getting into her car and throwing up the middle finger, which I would have found amusing (though the joke would pretty much be on him). This is just sad.

ShrowdedPoet

That SOB was a huge asshole!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs