News:

Main Menu

My views on Pokemon.

Started by Inkidu, August 04, 2008, 05:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I can't say I never liked it. Though we've had a love-hate relationship. I still enjoy playing it occasionally and Pokemon Trainer is one of my favorite characters in Brawl. I tend to approach it from a point of nostalgia these days, in fact, that is the only reason I'm typing this up. That and you get to read a funny comic in accompaniment. :D

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=263
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Definitely funny, I defiintely like busting Nintendo's balls about lacking originality when there's plenty of stuff they haven't that they should have, and when there's plenty they have done that they shouldn't have.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Chris Brady

Nintendo has always played it safe.  Oh, they used to have good 3rd party teams, but in-house they stuck with what they knew.  Which is Link and the various Mario franchises.  Even the Wii is them playing it safe, the hardware isn't all that impressive compared to an Xbox or PS2, much less 360 or PS3.  Their one trick is the Wii-Mote, a cute little gimmick that seems more impressive than it is.  Also, most of the games for it are 'family friendly' party games, not exactly the most prolific market at the moment.

I have a friend who used to work at a gaming store here in Ottawa, and he used to talk to the distributors, and apparently in North America, the Wii is the most resold unit on the market.  The average gamer will apparently own a Wii for a month and then get rid of it for a PS3 or an Xbox 360.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

At a risk of steering this off topic, the Wii has some potential that seems to be getting tapped... no one wants to develope a game that takes advantage of Wii controls for an adult audiance because they're afraid it won't pay off. But some will try, and I think some more mature games could really excell with Wiimote controls :) look at The Conduit and Force Unleashed.

Chris Brady

As nice a toy as the Wii is, it's being harmed by the fact that it's being marketed as a 'family friendly' machine, and in terms of Force Unleashed, that's a game that's multiplatform.  Meaning the Wii loses out on it.

Apparently, there isn't enough 'strong' games for it, which is why a fair amount of people are returning the machine.

Now, I don't hate the Wii, any more than I hate the PS3 or the Xbox 360.  I go where the games go, and if that means I'll have to end up owning all the machines to play the games I want?  Sure, I'll do it (Somehow.)

But so far, only two consoles have games I want, and the Wii isn't one of them.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

I like the Wii but this thread wasn't about it. True I have a 360 too, and I don't own Halo 3 la gasp!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.