Prepping - [System] Maid RPG

Started by Treehouseroleplayer, May 21, 2012, 04:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treehouseroleplayer

ShadowFox: I think I'm going to make a call and for simplicity sake say only one complex will count towards  that +1 bonus I outlined earlier, but you're welcome to include the other as part of your character background/personality when it is finished. Also, the way you defined Zitka as a student presents something of a roleplaying ontological paradox. :P If Ryuuji's family enrolls Zitka and she does something to indebt herself to Ryuuji and ends up as a maid for him, how did she end up being a maid for Ryuuji so that she could be enrolled?

If nobody ends up really 'gelling' with this role in my mind, it won't be a big deal, in retrospect I think I was really thinking of a character like Kei as she was the only character who expressed an interest in education in her background and personality, but once again, I'm open to hearing justifications.

Sethala: Sounds good to me. Do you mind if I leave you in charge of deciding the specifics of Remilia's homeworld? If our heroines ever end up for any significant amount of time there, then we can collaborate more extensively on it, but as it currently primarily effects only your character, feel free to go nuts or define things as convenient The only thing I ask at the moment is if you want to add a detail that connects the two worlds that you clear it with me first.

Everybody: We're getting pretty close to starting, mostly need a few more character details from folks, (shadowfox, who). Something like Sethala's writeup is what I'm looking for, but a complete sheet like Meliai or Caelcormac posted will make my life easier when I post the game thread. Once that is done and any revisions over concerns are made, I'll post a few little details that I needed character backgrounds for (room details for example). Finally, after a brief waiting period, I'll do a quick look over my mental checklist then if everything seems all squared away I'll start the game thread in small group Systems NC Humans.

I'll give people about 24ish hours before I start poking them via PM.  :-)
If you wish to get a hold of me and I'm not on E., message me on IRC.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Treehouseroleplayer on May 29, 2012, 01:49:32 PM
ShadowFox: I think I'm going to make a call and for simplicity sake say only one complex will count towards  that +1 bonus I outlined earlier, but you're welcome to include the other as part of your character background/personality when it is finished. Also, the way you defined Zitka as a student presents something of a roleplaying ontological paradox. :P If Ryuuji's family enrolls Zitka and she does something to indebt herself to Ryuuji and ends up as a maid for him, how did she end up being a maid for Ryuuji so that she could be enrolled?

That's fine. I think I'll be putting that +1 into Skill.

How about Zitka was already enrolled on a science scholarship to the academy when she ended up indebted to him and is currently serving as his maid? She is both a student and a maid, but she was a student before being a maid.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Character sheet updated and finished. Just need it checked over. Zitka probably has the biggest chest size out of all my characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Treehouseroleplayer on May 29, 2012, 01:49:32 PMSethala: Sounds good to me. Do you mind if I leave you in charge of deciding the specifics of Remilia's homeworld? If our heroines ever end up for any significant amount of time there, then we can collaborate more extensively on it, but as it currently primarily effects only your character, feel free to go nuts or define things as convenient The only thing I ask at the moment is if you want to add a detail that connects the two worlds that you clear it with me first.

I think I'll only define her home in very broad strokes  Basically, the land she lived in was very advanced, but with magic in place of technology.  Remilia herself doesn't know much about magic aside from "it makes stuff work", much like how the common man today doesn't know much about how electricity and computer microchips work, just that they do.  So she won't be going around casting spells or anything.  Beyond that though, I don't think I'll worry much about fleshing out her world unless we go there.

As for how it connects, I'm thinking it's either the very ancient past, or an alternate world with very similar geography; either way, the cave she was in when she suddenly vanished happens to be the same spot as the mansion's basement.  If you want to go with that and do something, feel free, otherwise it doesn't matter much.

Meliai

Ah, I was actually going to put forth Kei for the student position but I was waffling a little because she already had a tie to the Master in her backstory that some of the other characters lacked. Didn't want to go and hog all the plot hooks :P
Since Fox put forth Zitka I decided to back off and just stick with the regular correspondence courses for Kei, assuming that's still an option. It'd be perfectly in character for her to be too proud and stubborn to ask for help while she's trying to redeem herself anyway.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

ShadowFox89

Well, I think Tree said a Master can have up to three maids in school with him.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Meliai

I think that was with him as servants, not enrolled as students
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

ShadowFox89

Ah, okay.

Hmmm... Hope this starts soon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Treehouseroleplayer

Alright, sounds good Meliai. I'll have some PMs for each of you soon, along with a final post before we start I just wanted to finish writing them all and collating some behind the scenes data first.

Just letting you have a heads up since this is taking slightly longer then expected.
If you wish to get a hold of me and I'm not on E., message me on IRC.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

This isn't looking too good :(
Call me Shadow
My A/A