Whisper Your Mind and Inspire

Started by Tumult, June 15, 2012, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumult

Whisper Your Mind and Inspire...

I wondered how I was going to do this, being I’ve seen so many others organized their thoughts and ideas, so figured I’d try a hand into it. Being the Virgo I am, I tend to like to keep my thoughts and ideas as organized as possible, unless I dare myself going Hulk on my own creations and shelving them. And we don’t want that. So as I go through these settings and the characters based within them, please keep in mind they could change at any time. I tend to keep a small selections of stories active, being I prefer to dive into only a handful and not spread myself too thin. Keep in mind, while some of these write ups for stories are short, the depths and characters of them are not. They are merely summarized hooks to catch people’s interests.

However, I am completely open to anyone to messaging me with further ideas to my current ones. Being I know where most of my great roleplay memories always came in the time of plotting with another creative mind and weaving those ideas into something beautiful just as it could be believable in the depth it reaches. But keep in mind that I am aiming for something more realistic, even if held in a fantasy world. I do not like something oversaturated with fantasy but instead hold subtle elements of it.

Just remember these few things before messaging me about a potential idea.

- Quality over Quantity. I don’t care how many times you can post a day, it isn’t going to impress me. I would rather one or two really good posts than ten to twenty. I want this to be a story, not a children’s book with short blurts of word.

- Know the Setting. Research. Research. Research. I can’t stress this enough. Of course I’m not going to be perfect myself but I know well enough that you won’t find a bar in a medieval setting or woman acting like they came from a modern generation during the 1700s. Know your history or the material that the story is based around.

- Presentation. I’m a descriptive writer and I like diving into the moment of a post, which can make me seem long winded. But I’m still all about the presentation of a post, be it from grammar, the layout, and anything that might instantly catch my eye. Make the post intriguing before I even read it while also offering that hook to keep my attention, and I’d instantly be a fan. But always make sure to have fun with what you are doing, first and foremost.

- Believability. If you are playing a dark and disturbed character, there should be a reason as to why the character is like that. In a story, the antagonist isn’t born evil - if they are even that. This means the character needs to have depths and a well thought of background that would make sense to the person they are.

- Honesty. Keep me in the loop of things. That means to have a good bit of communication. I don’t like feeling like I’m in the shadow about things, especially with my own characters.

- Respect. This should always be a given. And while there is the whole saying that it must be earned, just know that if you approach me politely and respectfully - you’ll get the same from me. This also includes the above about honesty. If you feel a story done with me is no longer your thing, tell me about it. I’d be respectful enough to do the same.

- Patience. Much like above, I wish for you to be respectful enough to have patience with me if I may not respond in a timely manner. Like so many others on here, we all have our lives and at times, things can get overwhelming for me to the point I might drop off the face of the world. I apologies for if and when this happens but I will always make a point to have good communication with those I write with so they know what is going on. Other than that, do expect not to see so many lavish posts. On top of having a busy life, I'm a victim of ADD and tend to find writing as difficult at times. But when I do get a post out, know it will be most definitely worth the time and wait. This also goes for those that have a habit of poking. Just don't do it. The PM system here is very good and I will get your message but I'm not always free to simply answer everyone. Please understand this and know you will be answered. If you aren't, then you aren't. There are a lot of people on here.

- Originality. This should be the most important! Even if playing a theme that is more fan based - like Harry Potter or Firefly - I prefer my own characters that are simply based within those worlds. I can’t stand it when people try to play off a character that isn’t there own but merely make it as an ‘alternate world’. I prefer the world the story is based in, events that are based in history, and then make my own character based around those things.

So with that said, I’ll go through the many ideas I have for my characters and the genres they are based in.

Modern

Lullaby - M/F or M/M/F - Snagged by Dahling
Ria, the rock n’ roll dreamer, is hitch hiking through the states and becomes stranded. She has dreams of making it big while giving off an air that she doesn’t take anyone’s crap. A big girl on the outside when she remains the scared girl on the inside.

Catch Me If You Can - M/F - Snagged by Dahling
Micah, a con artist and womanizer, has set up a well worked façade in Roatan, Honduras. Having finally gotten out of the reach of the US, he has settles as a small business of import and export while giving tours to those visiting. Unknown, he is a more than successful pickpocket when the tourists are more than gullible just as they are ignorant around him. Yet that changes when a girl, daughter of a FBI agent, visits with her family and recognizes Micah for who he really is.

Roaring 20s

Handy Man - M/F - Snagged by Dahling
Anthony had always been a boy scout, the son that always stayed on a straight arrow and made his mother proud, unlike his younger brother. And still it was the typical Italian family. He was the oldest of three brothers and always looked out for them when it was only them and their Ma after his father walked out on them when the youngest - Sammy - was just a baby. Now a vet of the Great War, he comes home with a heavy heart. The middle brother, Luis, was killed in one of those horrible trenches. But now he comes home to find that the youngest is not doing any better, having gotten himself deep in one of the speakeasies and killed by a local officer. What could make it worse? The fact Tony has to bury two brothers or that the man that shot Sammy is the husband of the woman that has captured his fancy?

Victorian

Run As Fast As You Can - M/F or M/M/F
Kyra has always known the small comforts of life, even if a caged one. Child born out of an affair, her father has kept a strong lock and key under her upbringing, even if it is one that is educated and polished. And through the years, she has remained innocent of her father’s deeds - ignorant just as she is naïve. Yet that ends when the uprising starts. With her estranged fathered murdered, she is soon the target of those that would see that noble line, one she has never wanted, to end. So to the road she runs, fleeing those that would see her another victim of the rebellion, until it is that encampment of gypsies she comes upon. It’s where she meets Him. God, she hates him. All charm and yet to know ever word as a lie. But she is merciless when she finds that he is the only person that can keep her from the clutched of those that look for her. Will he protect her though, or merely use her for his gain?

Medieval Fantasy

Reluctant Duke - M/F - Snagged by Wistful Dream
Drystan, born the bastard son of Broderick, the Black Duke of Llewellyn, he was raised by his mother as a farmer. Yet fate changed the day both father and half brother were killed by the revolt of peasants, leaving him the heir of a title and land he has never wanted. Forced by the Emperor, he has come to the capital to claim what should have never been his only to find it is not simply title and land he will be given. A wife when he has never seen to care in such things. Where he is a skill hunter and promising commander of his men, he is without experience in a woman’s bed. For where many saw to know women, he had only known survival in lands more harsh than ever. But how is a man of the North ever to conquer the heart of the south from people that see him nothing more than barbarian? If not more, to capture the wife that has only ever known the harsh treatment of a half brother he has never known.

Medieval - Non Fantasy

A Lion in Sheep’s Clothing - M/F - Snagged by Dahling
Master manipulator, Jacques, the nephew of the King of France has grown accustom to taking what he wants without consequence. Yet his womanizing ways have finally caught up to him when scandal ignites within the French court and is forced out of France to that of his newly awaiting bride. Betrothed to him when he was no more than a boy becoming a man, he saw no care in the little girl with the blue ribbon. Yet she is no longer a child now, nor who her father claims her to be. Where this marriage is to save this noble from scandal and a young woman from the wrath of her father, one merely has to ask. Who is the true manipulator here?

Allah’s Servant - M/F or M/F/F
Born a slave, Mahir has known nothing but violence and death. First pitted into the lion dens for nothing more than entertainment for his masters, there is little behind his eyes other than harsh survival. Yet, even holding the Mark of the Lion, his masters have honed his skills to survive for that to a sharper edge of death. Hashish in - assassin - he is used for his master’s gain and vengeance. However, when he is ordered to end the life of a simple woman - he finds he cannot. For behind the veil which hides her face is a gentleness Mahir has never known. But will it be enough to try and keep her or face the wrath of the only life he has known?

Tumult

I'm currently seeking story ideas! So lets create beautiful things!

PM me, sweet darling dears.