So uh...I did a review...of a tabletop game...

Started by Angie, June 30, 2016, 06:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Well, tabletop """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""game"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_O6Om1PptapoRuqpnHkk-vQg8VK-Y1sf6qHVQkJpDiQ/pub

I try to do my best to be even handed and fair in my assessment. I should mention that I would never normally judge something like this as a game, except for the fact that it's sitting on DriveThruRPG. For all of 0 bucks, but still.

Lemme know what you guys think.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Yukina

I know I'll rely on you whenever I need some verbal destruction for those with their heads up their butts. Great review and wonderful snark, Angie. :)

Angie

Comes from plenty of practice and hanging around people much better at it then me. The next one is coming, but that book is 133 pages long and actually has crunch I have to analyze, so it'll take a while.

Yukina

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 02, 2016, 08:04:13 PM
Comes from plenty of practice and hanging around people much better at it then me. The next one is coming, but that book is 133 pages long and actually has crunch I have to analyze, so it'll take a while.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Lindrea

Wow.  This makes me want to read the book just to see how bad it is, heh.  Loved your wit and upfront banter about how you were going to rip the makers apart and you followed through.  This was amazing to read. :)

Angie

So, I have the next one (Bellum Maga) ready to go, but I'm kind of hesitant to post it because it's...well...it's 34 pages in length, because I'm insane and I tore it to pieces in order to review it. I'm a little concerned no one wants to read it all.

Lindrea

I'll read it!  Or at least try to.  I'll at least skim it. >.>

Angie

Well, here goes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jyerJGBEHlsq2QUR5HRjjWZG8hQCF0mSGzplsoLXL-0/pub

I have no idea how good it is or if I don't end up revealing some potentially really bad parts of myself, but here it is, at the request of a certain person who shall remain unnamed.

The Too Long, Didn't Read version: Interesting ideas and some cool mechanics let down by a lackluster setting chapter and a failure of editing and grammar all around. Not worth $25, but worth it if it goes on sale for say, $15.

TheGlyphstone

A game where you play heroic feminist rebels against the evil Satanic snakeman Nazi-Super-Soldier patriarchy, and in character creation your first idea is a mind-controlling explosive tennis ball-wielding terrorist. I like.