Interest Check: Espionage in the Stargate Verse

Started by Phoenixrisen, December 17, 2011, 08:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

Just a thought that I had running around in my head. Anyone in the mood to play as part of a black ops mercenary unit, spy type organization in the Stargate, or similar verse? I highly doubt there would be any canon character involvement or anything like that... Again, just a random thought in my head, but I figured I see if anyone was interested. If so, then I'm sure I can work up something more specific and that actually resembles a plot.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Capone

I'm down. Would it be more influenced by the original SG-1 Stargate, Atlantis, or Universe?

Would this also be along the lines of "gets cut off from the Gate" or something, where we'd be stranded at a location? Just wondering how many characters we'd be able to fit, and of how many different species in case anyone wanted to play one of the more exotic alien races from the franchise.

Y'know, get some hot Unas on Asgard action going on.

PaulBag101

Ok Mentioning Stargate hit right to my soft Spot.

I'm Totally down with the Idea of a Stargate Game.

I don't know much of SG-U but own all of SG-1 and SG-A and have watch heaps of time all the way through so yeah

Long Story Short keep me in the Loop cause I'm totally Keen.
PaulBag - Gifted Freak

O&O's

Shiny

Sounds good, I'd be interested in some black-op'ing and I love the SG franchise.

Nothing great, but for someone to share their thoughts.

Phoenixrisen

*blink, blink*

You mean someone besides me is actually interested? *does happy dance*

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of Earthside, at least for the most part. Maybe an AU where The Trust never becomes an issue because a less corrupt faction, the black-ops organization in question, realizes what's going on and stops the threat before it gets out of hand. That does of course mean that they have access to everything the The Trust did... So gate travel would be a distinct possibility.

Maybe they're in the pay of some other government (Say the Egyptian government. If one archaeologist can figure it out it's not outside of the realms for another to have.) as an insurance policy in case the shit really hits the fan, or something like that.

Another thought that I have is along the lines of more spy type stuffs with a few people actually working inside the SGC, and an organization trying to get their hooks in by cultivating those people as assets... But that could get really complicated and possibly boring unless you're into vast amounts of character development and mind games...

I'll think on it and see what else I can come up with, any thoughts that anyone else has are certainly welcome too. Oh, and I'm definitely thinking SG-1. I don't have anything against the other two, but SG-1 will always be my favorite.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Callie Del Noire

Capone

The first season of Atlantis is my favorite of all Stargates, but on the whole, I did enjoy SG-1's sort of Original Star Trek style.

I'll have to go back and remember all that Earthside stuff, then. I was never really too interested in the Earthside part of the story. I was always more a fan of the stuff that happened on other planets. That would be my preference, but I'm open to anything really.

letmelickyou

Love it. Sign me up. I like the original Stargate but dig all of it. I'll be anyone lol.
Why yes, madam, I suppose it is quite long, isn't it?

Phoenixrisen

So, does anyone have a preference of if we're RPing as a group that took over the Trust, or if we're trying to do the internal espionage thing?
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21