Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ CLOSED!

Started by persephone325, August 01, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Amarlo on August 05, 2016, 09:01:55 PM
Monet? o-o You mean Marcel?

Bwah.  That was meant to be a PM.  But since it's up, it's public now!  Yes, let's all talk about connections on board because that won't spam anyone!!!  But y es, I met Marcel, obv. ;)

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Intimate Ink on August 05, 2016, 09:07:41 PM
Bwah.  That was meant to be a PM.  But since it's up, it's public now!  Yes, let's all talk about connections on board because that won't spam anyone!!!  But y es, I met Marcel, obv. ;)

Yer a dufus

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 05, 2016, 09:08:30 PM
Yer a dufus

Given that my blunder was made in reference to someone who, I quote said "Julian is a name of my character on another game, you can't have it, it's too confusing.  His name is Vajayjay."  Well... I really don't feel bad about calling M, Monet. :P

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Intimate Ink on August 05, 2016, 09:13:59 PM
Given that my blunder was made in reference to someone who, I quote said "Julian is a name of my character on another game, you can't have it, it's too confusing.  His name is Vajayjay."  Well... I really don't feel bad about calling M, Monet. :P

Whatever.

BTW everyone - Hellion's proper nickname in school is Vajayjay, its on the class roster right there *nods*

persephone325

*shoos you all to the OOC thread* Away! Before I swat you all with a newspaper! :P
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Juggtacular

Elf

persephone325

lol You're not alone! Elf is here with you! You're both in approval limbo right now. Oh! And Bibliophilia! lol

I'm just waiting to hear back from my little helper, and also another player to see about their face claim. ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bibliophilia

-bounces.-  Angel is approved and posted!  I nicknamed him Trey, though I can see him getting a little huffy about being called that by other people at the school.  -giggles.-  It's so...WASPish!

DinaFlower

Quote from: persephone325 on August 05, 2016, 08:23:51 PM
GM ANNOUNCEMENT!

As of right now, (read; characters submitted and listed in the Characters Thread) we have quite a few Alpha and Beta level mutants and no Epsilon, Delta, or Gamma level. I know it's easy to pick really powerful mutants to play, especially if they're well known. For example; Storm, Logan, Cyclops, etc. But part of the fun of roleplaying in this type of game, can be playing out a mutant with some kind of physical deformity. Or other type of setback, and seeing how they progress and get along with other people like them.

After all, Delta level mutants are the most common type with the mutant population consisting of around 50% of them. Hell, Beast and Nightcrawler are in this category!

I will not be closing off applications for characters of those types, however. But just be mindful of this.

Secondly, I know it might be easy to just claim a canon character and copy/paste their history from the wiki page. But please, DO NOT DO THIS! Such an act is considered plagiarism by the staff and you, as well as I, will most likely get reprimanded by them. And I really don't want to get on their bad side, you know?

Back to business!

Would being insane be a draw back? If so I am working on 2 new people and one will be Delta. =)

AribethAmkiir

Pointed ears, facial markings, lavender-colored skin and hair, and pupil-less eyes - that should qualify,  right?

Elf

Quote from: persephone325 on August 05, 2016, 09:42:34 PM
lol You're not alone! Elf is here with you! You're both in approval limbo right now. Oh! And Bibliophilia! lol

I'm just waiting to hear back from my little helper, and also another player to see about their face claim. ^^

Yep, yep, I'm here just not quite as socially outgoing as those others.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 05, 2016, 10:27:36 PM
Pointed ears, facial markings, lavender-colored skin and hair, and pupil-less eyes - that should qualify,  right?

Can't answer your question but sounds interesting.

Juggtacular

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 05, 2016, 10:27:36 PM

Blink would definitely qualify as Gamma. She's basically a drow with uber teleportation powers.

AribethAmkiir

I never did understand all the mutant classifications.  I'm familiar with Alpha, Beta,  and Omega,  but the rest are new to me.

persephone325

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 05, 2016, 10:08:20 PM
Would being insane be a draw back? If so I am working on 2 new people and one will be Delta. =)

It would be a drawback, but it all depends on how you play that character. With something like that, the character could provide a different perspective on situations and such.

Blink is a Gamma level mutant. Jugg is right. :-)

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 05, 2016, 11:18:06 PM
I never did understand all the mutant classifications.  I'm familiar with Alpha, Beta,  and Omega,  but the rest are new to me.

It's information I found on a wiki. I forget which one, though.
I don't know.

Juggtacular

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 05, 2016, 11:18:06 PM

Gamma is basically a still useful ability, but a noticeable physical mutation. i.e. Angel's Wing's, Nightcrawler's...everything, Penance's red skin and spiky hair,  Or Bling being made completely of diamond. And I believe Delta is simple a physical deformity, with nothing else really going for you. Like Skin or Beak.

persephone325

Epsilon Mutants are unfortunate mutants. Epsilon mutants pretty much have no chance of having a regular life in society due to their major flaws. If that isn't bad enough Epsilon mutants also only have minor superhuman powers. About 20% of mutants are Epsilon Mutants.

Classify mutants as Episilon Level if they have an inhuman appearance or their mutation makes it impossible for them to function normally. Any accompanying "superpowers" would be next to useless. Epsilon mutants are differentiated from Gamma mutants in that a Gamma mutant's inhuman appearance would provide a compensating benefit like superior strength.

Delta Mutants are like Alpha mutants in that they don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant.

Classify mutants as Delta-Level if they have a normal human appearance, but their mutagenic powers are weaker or only narrowly applicable, though still controllable.

Gamma mutants have very powerful mutations, but they have flaws. Unlike the Beta mutants a Gamma mutant's flaw is a major flaw that makes his or her life very hard. Also, while Alpha and Beta mutants can pass as regular looking humans, many Gamma mutants cannot because they have physical deformities. About 15% of the mutant population is classified as Gamma.

Classify mutants as Gamma Level if their mutation is powerful, uncontrollable, sometimes useful but usually detrimental to living a normal life, such as a monstrously inhuman appearance that can't be switched off at will.
I don't know.

Juggtacular

Ahhh. I mixed Epsilon and Delta up. Delta's are guys who can like...glow in the dark or they're as strong as 10 really strong children, lol.

Elf

Persephone, was I correct in classifying Stripe as a delta mutant? It seemed appropriate to me after reading the classifications

persephone325

Quote from: Elf on August 05, 2016, 11:36:49 PM
Persephone, was I correct in classifying Stripe as a delta mutant? It seemed appropriate to me after reading the classifications

Yes, I believe so. I didn't see anything on his sheet that suggested he had some kind of physical abnormality. Unless I missed it?
I don't know.

Elf

Quote from: persephone325 on August 05, 2016, 11:41:22 PM
Yes, I believe so. I didn't see anything on his sheet that suggested he had some kind of physical abnormality. Unless I missed it?

No, in human form his appearance is normal, just his behavior that is not. I meant in power level. Thank you.

Another question, this regards Amber and her ability to amplify other mutants powers. How would that affect one like Stripe?

persephone325

Quote from: Elf on August 05, 2016, 11:49:07 PM
No, in human form his appearance is normal, just his behavior that is not. I meant in power level. Thank you.

Another question, this regards Amber and her ability to amplify other mutants powers. How would that affect one like Stripe?

Well, how well can he control his abilities? If he has a pretty good handle on them, then Amber's ability probably wouldn't do much harm to him. If he doesn't really have control of them, he might inadvertently shift to his animal form, or his enhanced senses might kick into overdrive. His healing would probably accelerate even faster and his strength would multiply to some degree.

It depends on what you decide.
I don't know.

Elf

Again thank you. That is very good to know. I figured he might change unexpectedly and only just thought of the healing being accelerated. I hadn't considered his senses though was unsure if it would affect his strength and agility. Very good to know.

persephone325

Quote from: Elf on August 06, 2016, 12:04:26 AM
Again thank you. That is very good to know. I figured he might change unexpectedly and only just thought of the healing being accelerated. I hadn't considered his senses though was unsure if it would affect his strength and agility. Very good to know.

No problem! ^^
I don't know.

AribethAmkiir