News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fable - One Year Later

Started by Primarch, November 14, 2010, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoat

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

DigitLninja

Name: Storm Petal
Hero of: Mourning Wood Town

Strength: 4
Stature: 1
Magic Aura: 3

Melee Weapon: (As seen above) Twins of the Sky. Said to hold the power of the Sun and the Moon / the Day and the Night
Melee Skill: 5
Ranged Weapon: Crowd Control Field Rifle
Ranged Skill: 1
Magic Spells: Ghost Swords (Max = 4), Woven Ice Vortex
Magic Skill: 3

Personality / History:
Storm Petal (originally known as Petal Storm before he had it legally changed) was raised as a flower child of Mourning Wood Village. He enjoyed life eating vegetation and learning the ideas that truth and love can save the world. Then he escaped the village for a few days and discovered the real world. He learned of the powers of a true hero and what people where capable of... as well as gaining an appreciation for the taste of meat.

During the year that the darkness was said to be rising up to destroy the kingdom Storm was training himself both physically and financially until he finally was able to start rebuilding the small village into an actual town with some protection against the many Hollow Men that lived within the swamp. After the king's triumphant victory against the Crawler, Storm's hero ability's emerged and he found he was skilled with a blade, stronger than ever before, with magical ability and everything else a hero should have. As construction of Mourning Wood Town began Storm bid his family and friends farewell as he left to gain more knowledge of the world.

Storm's miraculous return a year later came as a surprise to everyone as he was now wearing clothing of a people that no longer existed and carrying a powerful weapon endowed with magic. The small town was happy to have it's hero back and before long he was chosen to become the mayor / representative to the king. Only too happy to accept Storm became a fine leader of his village... though people still question his choice to build a Whore House in the town and set it as the main attraction. When asked about it he always responds: "Love is a beautiful thing."
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Vengurd

Woo! Looks like this'll be a pretty active one. Looking forward to getting started as this will be my first true attempt at Rping Fable.

Heads up- I am currently using a computer with a poor connection and so am limited to certain time blocks, usually mornings and nights, I should be back on a more regular connection at weeks end give or take a day or so.

Wheresmycow

Eh, my character can live without the spell.  I'll just think up something else.

Name: Brand Grimr
Hero of: Bowerstone Industrial
Appearance:Tall, dark and handsome, Brand's angular features add a slight sinister touch to his appearance.  Despite his military service, or in spite of, he wears his dark brown hair at shoulder length and tied back in a fashionable pony tail.  Brand still retains his uniform: a red coat with black shoulder pads over a tan waistcoat, white shirt and trousers, brown leather marching boots and black leather gloves.  The coat is usually left unbuttoned and with the recent acquisition of a tricorne pirate hat, gives Brand a rather daring look.
Strength: 0
Stature: 4
Magic Aura: 4

Melee Weapon: Master dagger
Melee Skill: 0
Ranged Weapon: The Sandgoose rifle
Ranged Skill: 6
Magic Spells: Assassin Rush, Heal Life, Slow Time.  Spell Weave: Inferno (F2) + Force Push (F2)
Magic Skill: 3

Personality: Unlike his namesake, Brand Grimr is a fairly jovial person, enjoying a good laugh and moments of celebration.  Sarcastic and cunning, he enjoys poking fun at others, prodding their various faults and weaknesses.  This enjoyment doesn't blind him to his own vulnerabilities and attempts to return fire will only garner a smile and a nod.  Brand does not believe in fair fights or honourable battles and will happily use every dirty trick in the book, and some not even in it, to seek advantage and victory.  Despite his large amount of character flaws, Brand fights for the better interest of Albion and is rarely concerned about his own advancement and gain.

History: Growing up in Bowerstone Industrial, Brand barely scraped together a living.  Faced with a future of toiling away in a factory, Brand sought out a way to leave behind the poor life and grasp onto something greater.  Turning to thieving, Brand had a successful run of for a couple of years before being caught by some soldiers and their Major.  Seeing some potential in the young boy, the Major decided to enlist Brand into the regiment, falsifying some papers to do so.  And so Brand joined the Swift Brigade.

Despite the difficulties of military life, Brand managed to see the inherent potential in being part of the Guard.  Immersing himself in his training, Brand soon grew skilled in the use of firearms, becoming one of the best marksman in the regiment.  He also learned about duty, and working for the benefit of others.  Unfortunately, lessons about honour fell flat, but Brand's basic decency was acceptable enough.  In the end, Brand enjoyed himself and was happy to continue living life as a soldier.

Of course, the revolution changed things.  Losing Major Swift was a blow, as Brand lost his only teacher and guide.  The devastation of the Crawler attack following the revolution was another huge blow and life altering event, namely making Brand realize his potential and becoming a Hero.  With no guide left to him, Brand took heart in the lessons he learned from Major Swift and moved back to Bowerstone Industrial, fighting to improve the lot of the citizens.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Primarch

DigitLninja, I'm not sure precisely what you have in mind for swords that have "the power of the sun and the moon" but the character in general looks like he should be toned down. Your Magical Swords spell looks like an upgraded version of Ghost Sword, which I'd prefer you to stick too then creating something new. While I don't mind dual wielding swords, I'd prefer something more appropriate for the ranged weapon.

Brand looks fine.

DigitLninja

Yes Magical Swords is Ghost swords... I haven't played the original in a long time so I forgot the name. ^^;

As for the power of the sun and moon, for now it's just a legend behind how the blades where forged, nothing more than that unless you have some ideas for it.

I can change the ranged weapon, and technically it's only one sword not two. One blade at the top, a long hilt and another blade at the bottom.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Primarch

Alright, anyway. Where do you people want it to be set up? Board-wise?

I'll get it up tonight if I can, if not do forgive me. I was in college far later then expected and I'm rather exhausted.

DigitLninja

I suggest extreme just so everything is covered.
Quotes to Live by:

Ironwolf85

well it should be under Concentual, i don't think these characters are rapists. also I edited Victor...
kinda ex soldier feel to him. he's a serious quester
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Wheresmycow

Finished with Brand's appearance.

As for board suggestions, I'd say maybe like Bondage or something?  Honestly, anything that would require the Extreme board would more than likely squick me out.  I'm not into Bondage or NC stuff, but I can handle it a lot better.  And I'm kind of curious as to what sexual elements we'd be piling into this RP, given that it looks more adventure focused.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ironwolf85

erotic fantasy most likely... not stupid stuff, but heroes are known in fable for being verile... in fact if there's no condom usually they wind up with kids once their married, always on the first try
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Wheresmycow

Fair enough.  Really, I'm only interested in the adventuring and questing side of this game BUT, and it's a big one, I am willing to accommodate for the enjoyment of others.  So long as I'm not squicked out, I don't have a problem going with the flow of things.

And yea, virility is often a common trait of heroes.  Probably because of human ideal and all that.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Kate

Well my character was keen on experimenting on her subjects and the occasional mythical creature that wonders by
in attempts to create body changes in them which reflect their perverse desires.

Not sure how yet I have maxed out my spell stuff - happy to have abilities removed to know the spell - or heard rumour of a spell or object that does so - and want to quest for it. which is more extreme than light stuff

DigitLninja

yes and if my Hero has a Whore House to run than it's going to be catering to the fetishes of the people, so at the very least bondage is required.
Quotes to Live by:

Vengurd

I'd agree with Erotic Fantasy, I think I'd end up missing if we went to extreme. I'd rather ease my way into that area if you know what I mean.

What sucks is if you don't pay attention to the wife/husband (f2) they leave you within a half hour, or so is my experience with the game. I haven't had a chance to try the married life in f3 yet. How is that?

Kate

I guess my town could be in a extreme thread - that branches from the main story line ?
So for those not really interested in reading it / think it may detract from the feel of it - they dont have to it will not interupt the core thread - at most be alluded to thats all.

Vengurd

I will be honest Kate: I saw nothing extreme, just very erotic. It's somewhere along those lines for me anyway.

DigitLninja

well if she's getting into great detail of injecting a Balverien with something that makes his member super huge for her to enjoy... or transform into some kind of penis monster it could be considered extreme...
Quotes to Live by:

Kate

i think on the safe side i may write up my little hang out - place it in the extreme thread as a precaution.

(It will be more quirky than powerful)

Some can visit some may not want to but it doesnt stop me wondering around doing adventure stuff in other places though

Vengurd

DigitLninja

^_^ my imagination is still very active despite reality's grip... but then again so is most peoples on this website.
Quotes to Live by:

Kate

Dracoat

Quote from: Vengurd on November 17, 2010, 07:53:53 AM
I'd agree with Erotic Fantasy, I think I'd end up missing if we went to extreme. I'd rather ease my way into that area if you know what I mean.

What sucks is if you don't pay attention to the wife/husband (f2) they leave you within a half hour, or so is my experience with the game. I haven't had a chance to try the married life in f3 yet. How is that?

Well it ranges between they are either gonna not care or are just annoying about giving you gifts. Then if you don't get an STD right away, then your not gonna have a kid unless you screw like a gajillion times. Could be the opposite though. Everyone you touch seems to impregnate! It's really very confusing...

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Vengurd

Okay Kate, I have looked over Mistpeak and...Well last I checked Mistpeak was part of the Kingdom so having it's own military would be...making a statement to the king/queen. A Militia, however, would be better suited for the job, as the Kings/queen's army would already have a small detachment stationed there; to keep order and to represent the King/queen's authority, otherwise it all looks good on that front.

When you call your Will users 'magicians' I can't help but to think of those funny little guys pulling bunnies from their hats, but thats just the mental relation, the terminology is fine, though I think wizard or mage would fit just as nicely.

I like the Fauna/flora, though why only change the reproductive organs of the males for comedic effect?

Could you run through Mistpeak and fix the spelling errors? About halfway through I realized you were talking about the individual villagers, not cutting Mistpeak into a bunch of different little places.

I dont say any of this to be picky or offensive, I just got on and a bit of my old duty as a profile reviewer hit me pretty good. That and I wanted to prove I read your work. Overall I like it.

I didn't know if I should have said any of this there or here of via PM so I did it here.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Vengurd on November 17, 2010, 07:53:53 AM

actually their more understanding if you marry the right person in fable 3, set the upkeep high, drop by and bang your wife sometimes, and if you got a kid, bring em a souvineer now and then. and make sure your house stays in good repair.
in extange the family will give you rare and expensive items when they're happy.
my king's wife died somehow, and the kid got sent to the orphanage, so I went to the orphanage picked him up (cuz he's a good kid, and will be a good king someday.) now the nanny looks after him and his majesty's been bedding her when the whim strikes him.

as for Mistpeak, they are part of the kingdom but value their independance, The Dwellers who live there actually have their own "hillbilly court" because they're so remote that they mostly govern and protect themselves. They have a perticular hatred of Reaver Industries because reaver drove their grandfathers out of the bower lake gypsy camp.

Also their leader Sabine is a rough and tumble old man, and his bodyguard Boldur provides the muscle to back up sabine's cunning. the dewllers helped the current king attain the throne after the previous king took away their lands, with their lands returned they now stand as a crown protectorite instead of part of the actual kingdom. They have a seasoned millita to protect themselves, but nothing as organized or as well equipped as a standing military.