Assassins Among Us - Rules/Info/OOC

Started by persephone325, October 30, 2013, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on February 25, 2014, 06:43:19 PM
Oh you know me! I love these games! I keep piling them on! hehe... But if someone else needs the spot I am always willing to give up my place for a new player. :)

Well then I'm happy to have you aboard! ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

In a mafia game, even numbers means the bad guys have already won. Most werewolves games immediately end when the numbers are even.

In a 12 player game, I'd say no more and 2 assassins, especially if those two roles are going to be a role that can recruit AND a role that gets 2 extra kills. If the marksman used his ability the first night, that's 2 kills right away, 5 assassins would already match the town and win.

Or maybe I should hit refresh before responding in a tab I've had open for 2 days. Sorry, busy week.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 27, 2014, 08:35:43 PM
In a mafia game, even numbers means the bad guys have already won. Most werewolves games immediately end when the numbers are even.

In a 12 player game, I'd say no more and 2 assassins, especially if those two roles are going to be a role that can recruit AND a role that gets 2 extra kills. If the marksman used his ability the first night, that's 2 kills right away, 5 assassins would already match the town and win.

Or maybe I should hit refresh before responding in a tab I've had open for 2 days. Sorry, busy week.

lol It's alright. There will be an overwhelming number of good guys in this game, given the number of people we currently have. And people might join up after Saffron's game is done, too.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

You probably will. Thanks again for waiting, by the way. I've tried to do multiple games before, and got burnt out pretty hard trying to keep up with two sets of alliances.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 27, 2014, 08:42:32 PM
You probably will. Thanks again for waiting, by the way. I've tried to do multiple games before, and got burnt out pretty hard trying to keep up with two sets of alliances.

Not a problem! I realize this game has gotten a bit more complicated since the first time I ran it. And it's only fair for me to wait to run it, since some people new to mafia games have expressed interest in playing as well. (If I recall correctly.)
I don't know.

yugi006

Galactic Druid

Speaking of, it looks like that new member has been approved, so they can play now as well.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 28, 2014, 12:03:19 AM
Speaking of, it looks like that new member has been approved, so they can play now as well.

Well if she wants to join, I'd need her to reconfirm her interest.
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Firing off a PM to let her know we're still open may not be a bad idea. How many are we up to now?

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 28, 2014, 12:36:03 AM
Firing off a PM to let her know we're still open may not be a bad idea. How many are we up to now?

Fourteen. Val said she might be interested, but hasn't confirmed anything.
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Not a bad number at all! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 28, 2014, 01:13:45 AM
Not a bad number at all! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Me too! I've learned a lot the first time I ran it. So I won't be making the same mistakes as before. (Forgetting to vote in a "sheriff" type role, rushing the night and day phases, etc.) So I hope it'll be more fun this time around!
I don't know.

Elandra

I am not a newbie per se, though I have not played a game in years....I am rusty...(I know I just put a target on my back. ;))
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Bruja

Quote from: Elandra on February 28, 2014, 01:12:29 PM
I am not a newbie per se, though I have not played a game in years....I am rusty...(I know I just put a target on my back. ;) )

*noms on the lovely Elandra* no no target...we shall be victorious my darlin

yugi006

Definitely not targeting anyone at all.

For the roles I think the wording needs to be changed for one or two of them. I'm mainly referring to the Devoted Lackey role. I think that he or she should be revealed as a good guy if checked by the Undercover Neutral Party since that person is trying to gain the trust of the good guys.

persephone325

Quote from: Elandra on February 28, 2014, 01:12:29 PM
I am not a newbie per se, though I have not played a game in years....I am rusty...(I know I just put a target on my back. ;))

Would you like to participate?

Quote from: yugi006 on February 28, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
Definitely not targeting anyone at all.

For the roles I think the wording needs to be changed for one or two of them. I'm mainly referring to the Devoted Lackey role. I think that he or she should be revealed as a good guy if checked by the Undercover Neutral Party since that person is trying to gain the trust of the good guys.

Well, possibly. I feel like that would be giving the bad guys a bit of an edge if one of them is really bad, but it revealed to be good. I think it might be confusing. But I'll think about that.
I don't know.

Elandra

My name is already on the list my dear persephone.

*chuckles at Rapt* And here I thought I was always your target....
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

persephone325

Quote from: Elandra on February 28, 2014, 01:54:07 PM
My name is already on the list my dear persephone.

*chuckles at Rapt* And hear I thought I was always your target....

Oh! My mistake. ^^ Sorry. lol
I don't know.

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on February 28, 2014, 01:49:36 PM
Well, possibly. I feel like that would be giving the bad guys a bit of an edge if one of them is really bad, but it revealed to be good. I think it might be confusing. But I'll think about that.

Not really cause it's just one person. He or she is supposed to be gaining the trust of the good guys so it would make sense that he is revealed to be a good guy. Most games have something like that. Just look at the Romeo and Juliet one. If you had checked the peron that had the Paris role he or she would have revealed to be a Montague. It makes things more interesting and fun. What fun would it be if everyone I checked is the role they recieved. Makes the Undercover Neutral Party too good.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 28, 2014, 02:10:34 PM
Not really cause it's just one person. He or she is supposed to be gaining the trust of the good guys so it would make sense that he is revealed to be a good guy. Most games have something like that. Just look at the Romeo and Juliet one. If you had checked the peron that had the Paris role he or she would have revealed to be a Montague. It makes things more interesting and fun. What fun would it be if everyone I checked is the role they recieved. Makes the Undercover Neutral Party too good.

I see your point now.
I don't know.

yugi006

persephone325

I don't know.

yugi006

Vonandi

persephone325

Awesome! Now we have 15 players. Anyone who wants to join may do so, until we reach the 20 person limit. I realize that might be a lot, but it'll make the game more interesting. At least I think so. ^^

I'll send confirmation PMs out as well just to make sure.
I don't know.