Beguile's Mistress

"We saw him this morning sweeping leaves."

The Bookshop Murder by Marryn Allingham

Silvered Sutures

"She conceived it, birthed it, and named it Jubilant."
My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Valerian

"Servants and masters were not always compatible and the unspecified circumstance that cost her the position by the following spring may not have been down to a failing on her part."

The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper, by Hallie Rubenhold
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Pink Duct Tape

Well the closest book to me is Captain Marvel, the Ms Marvel Years vol. 1, and it is some of the best Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel work. For those who like the Captain Marvel that Disney released, I highly recommend it. Once you start reading it, you'll see the difference between the two almost immediately and understand why "comicsgate" people don't like the Disney version. Disney's is not as good.

Valerian

"Protocol required that her former ally the Empress Wang, as the overseer of the inner palace and head wife of the Emperor, should pay her a visit and check on the child."

~ Wu: The Chinese Empress Who Schemed, Seduced and Murdered Her Way to Become a Living God, by Jonathan Clements
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Pain

"I'm certain your friends will be able to see you and respond properly now."
- Phantom Tales of the Night, volume I
(manga, but it is technically the closest book to me...)

Mr Quixotic

Last Spring, he'd broken into the town pool with some guys, and stood on the diving board over the big dry hole, staring at the concrete bottom, willing himself to flip in, really smash himself up, be the crazy kid.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

anhedonia

"This valuable map, a commodified object utilized in the pursuit of financial gain, becomes coterminous with the commodities to which it promises access."

Trading Territories: Mapping the Early Modern World, Jerry Brotton
༺☆༻

Valerian

The image of reading or preaching by candlelight in the forest recurs in other accounts.

~Evening's Empire: A History of the Night in Early Modern Europe, by Craig Koslofsky
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lilias

'Playlists can completely alter your mood, giving you the confidence to strut (if you're so inclined) out of the house ready to take on the day.'

Main Character Energy, by Jordan Paramor
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lady Shadow

The quality of your attitude will determine the quality of your life, so you must guard your thoughts accordingly.

Overcoming Tough Times - Ellie Claire
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Shekinah

Right now, the armor that the knights wore did not have any magical capabilities; that was because the
power of the knights was too strong, and so any magical effects would make the armor cumbersome instead

Toaru Majutsu no Index - Volume 7 by Kazuma Kamachi

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

xHavenx

"Sometimes the goals and the rules governing an activity are invented, or negotiated on the spot."
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

IR Halcyone

[it's in French, if I would translate it to English it would be approximately this]

"The totalitarian world is the kingdom of unison which hides a cacophony."

Le Grand Tour, collective work - Chapter I, Lithuania