D&D Planar Battles(3.5 D&D Battles Interest Check)

Started by swordwind, October 18, 2011, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabbitJanitor

I'm going to be absent until Monday night, Ill post now. Just an FYI.

AtwasAwamps

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
In general tome of battle if quite balanced, there are just a few stange things like the maneuver that can end the earths rotation around the sun.

/rage IRON HEART SURGE DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! /endrage

In general, a ToB character is no stronger than a Barbarian. Of course, it is much stronger than a fighter or a monk, but then, everything is.

I'll avoid it, I guess, since the immediate prejudice towards the book is obviously present. C'est la guerre or however the French put it.
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention;
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Prologue

Please Check My A/A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79643.0

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AtwasAwamps on November 04, 2011, 10:11:04 PM
/rage IRON HEART SURGE DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! /endrage

In general, a ToB character is no stronger than a Barbarian. Of course, it is much stronger than a fighter or a monk, but then, everything is.

I'll avoid it, I guess, since the immediate prejudice towards the book is obviously present. C'est la guerre or however the French put it.

Actually I was defending the book.It's way more balanced then even core (which gives us the Cleric and no tob class rivals that thing in power). The only things that wind up 'broken' are odd readings of certian ablities like iron heart surge.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

PS: If anyone likes male on male action let me know since it would make the outcome of our battles far more enjoyable for us.

AtwasAwamps

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 11:01:41 PM
Actually I was defending the book.It's way more balanced then even core (which gives us the Cleric and no tob class rivals that thing in power). The only things that wind up 'broken' are odd readings of certian ablities like iron heart surge.

Oh, I know, I wasn't talking about you, just the automatic response of "if you want to enrage the other players" that I got ;)

Also I like you, let's be friends.

Have a cookie!

Working on a sheet/concept at the moment.
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention;
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Prologue

Please Check My A/A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79643.0

Medical Miracle

Go ahead and use it if you want, hell I used Vow of Poverty, and I know how people feel about that feat. (I did it for the character I swear :P).

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 04, 2011, 11:05:32 PM
PS: If anyone likes male on male action let me know since it would make the outcome of our battles far more enjoyable for us.

And here I was mentally preparing myself in case I lost to you.

Zaer Darkwail

I am okay with ToB. I myself love the book and flavor it brings to combat :).

Anyways in my matches any female gladiators who loose against my char got two choices; be raped or killed. Other combatants got one choice; Death.

I ask now before hand if a gladiator is knocked out but not killed does the arena ring let gladiator decide what do with the foe and if foe decides rape the opponent will arena arrange it so that other gladiator cannot fight against it (like place on manacles which bring in anti-magic field on person).

swordwind

In reguards to victory, to the victor goes the spoils but do note that unless mercy is given death is the result. Ether by the player or the arena.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so victor can decide take anything as spoils from victory? So does it include turn female gladiators into sex slaves  :D

Ofc if no one likes RP all the time being sex slave they can just abandon the char after one scene and create new gladiator.

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2011, 06:56:30 AM
I ask now before hand if a gladiator is knocked out but not killed does the arena ring let gladiator decide what do with the foe and if foe decides rape the opponent will arena arrange it so that other gladiator cannot fight against it (like place on manacles which bring in anti-magic field on person).

I'm actually a big fan of ToB; I was thinking about playing a swordsage instead of a monk, but since I only had one level to use for a class, and I wanted WIS to AC (and the restriction of not being able to wear armor), I chose monk.

Zaer makes a good point here; in Yusqio's case, as long as she's conscious she can always just turn into a whirlwind to avoid being raped, making her kind've a hard prize to claim unless the beings in charge of the arena step in somehow. Of course, she might submit 'willingly' to avoid being killed, but yeah...

PaleEnchantress

Yeah, we need a bit of arbitration. My opponent just technically surrendered. I'm not exactly going to fly down to him and give him the offer to be my sex slave or die and have his cock hung on my mantle if he is allowed to just stand up and attack now that he managed to get me in melee range.

Edit: This also makes me the first winner in the arena I think <3.

Medical Miracle

If I'm beaten I'd rather the victor decide what happens to me. It takes the fun out of it if I get to decide. ;)

Koyume

Quote from: Medical Miracle on November 05, 2011, 03:16:45 PM
If I'm beaten I'd rather the victor decide what happens to me. It takes the fun out of it if I get to decide. ;)

Of course, but the point is that the victor doesn't really get to do anything fun unless he either already has the power to completely dominate/restrain the loser, or is given that freedom by the arena itself somehow.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, that is what I am wondering; Can gladiator get aid from arena to get his prize or does the said gladiator either have power to dominate or somehow coerce their victim agree on surrender and suffer consequences only with term that they are not killed. As Lawful creature your bound to keep your oaths/promises, and LG can keep even ones which they dislike but it's ultimate choice between survival and death.

Geeklet

on a somewhat unrelated note, Ive hit a busy spell with work IRL. Should have a char up and ready in a couple days, though.

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2011, 04:24:06 PM
Aye, that is what I am wondering; Can gladiator get aid from arena to get his prize or does the said gladiator either have power to dominate or somehow coerce their victim agree on surrender and suffer consequences only with term that they are not killed. As Lawful creature your bound to keep your oaths/promises, and LG can keep even ones which they dislike but it's ultimate choice between survival and death.

That's true; if Raelgar won and offered to spare Yusqio's life in exchange for submitting to him, she would probably accept. But it would still be nice if we had some arbitration that allowed the winner to do whatever they wanted to the loser whether they accepted it or not.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, also Raelgar has impervious command and +22 intimidate mod in his present size so he could scare your char agree on the terms if she cannot escape his claws grip while squeezing life out of her.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Geeklet on November 05, 2011, 04:28:54 PM
on a somewhat unrelated note, Ive hit a busy spell with work IRL. Should have a char up and ready in a couple days, though.

When you do play...if it's a guy...be prepared!

swordwind

Seems that surrendering has started to become normal well as this is an areana of unnatural things. Allow me to review these fights and get back to each of you with updates. The arena's are about to make things interesting.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I just hope the interesting part is something fun :). But we follow the format that surrendering is possible option and the victor has all right decide what to do with the loser. Also who would not pay for see in blood match in end foe get raped for crowd pleasing, especially if crowd is mostly evil and see a heroine raped by a villain. It would work as live entertainment  >:)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 06, 2011, 03:18:18 PM
Ok, I just hope the interesting part is something fun :). But we follow the format that surrendering is possible option and the victor has all right decide what to do with the loser. Also who would not pay for see in blood match in end foe get raped for crowd pleasing, especially if crowd is mostly evil and see a heroine raped by a villain. It would work as live entertainment  >:)

If I had my way with you Zaer it would be a villain getting raped by an even more evil villain.

Zaer Darkwail

*shivers in fear*

Anyways question regarding the arena effect; would not Raelgar be immune to it as he got both immunity to mind-affecting effects from protection from good and also immunity from his template (which is extraordinary or supernatural trait).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 07, 2011, 12:55:07 AM
*shivers in fear*

Anyways question regarding the arena effect; would not Raelgar be immune to it as he got both immunity to mind-affecting effects from protection from good and also immunity from his template (which is extraordinary or supernatural trait).

Protection from good/evil ect prevents someone from directing control over you. It is not immunity to mind affecting abilities. Things like confusion would be unaffected. It does protect from suggestion, dominate, possession, magic jar ect. The effect swordwind described sounds more like "calm emotions" which is unaffected by protection from good. If you have mind blank somehow then you would be immune.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: swordwind on November 06, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
Seems that surrendering has started to become normal well as this is an areana of unnatural things. Allow me to review these fights and get back to each of you with updates. The arena's are about to make things interesting.

Yes but that still doesnt seem to answer our question of "If someone surrenders are they bound to accept the victors conditions?" We are all worried about going to interact with the one who surrendered, and having them suddenly start fighting again while we lowered our guard.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 07, 2011, 03:56:29 AM
Yes but that still doesnt seem to answer our question of "If someone surrenders are they bound to accept the victors conditions?" We are all worried about going to interact with the one who surrendered, and having them suddenly start fighting again while we lowered our guard.

That was one my fears and that's why I forced my opponent swear a oath. Which works well with LG celestial good as geas almost. Expect if they do not decide then become fallen celestial on the spot by breaking holy word.