Airships and Antiquities: OOC Thread

Started by Trieste, October 18, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

:o

Hrm.  The game just got a little more interesting.

Valerian

I was going to console myself with the fact that I didn't vote for her, but that won't help much if we keep going like this.  :P
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

I find the PMs flying around fascinating.

Kye

*eyes the newest in game post from Trie*

Was I resurrected?  :o

Trieste

Valerian

Maybe we could have a seance like in Saffron's game and try to contact Kyrsa's spirit.  :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Kye

Kendra

very interesting turn of events indeed  O:)

Trieste

Please note that since we have about half the players we started out with, I'll be paring down the voting time appropriately. Up until now, I usually put up the last call around 48 hours. I'll probably put it up now closer to 24 or 36 hours (haven't decided yet).

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. :)

Mr Bigglesworth

Oh bother, the baddies got me in both games now.  A spectator I am now...

Trieste

Sorry Mr. B. There will probably be another game running after Airships concludes, especially if VI and A&A conclude at the same time or close to one another.

Mr Bigglesworth

No worries, I did make it to the end of Millers Hollow :-)

Valerian

Ack!  I just discovered a mistake on my spreadsheet!  *fixes in a panic*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

I've wondered how many people keep spreadsheets for these games...

Sarena

*raises a hand* Erm...I like spreadsheets.  8-)
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Valerian

I kind of don't like spreadsheets, at least the setting them up part.  But they're pretty much a necessity for me in these games, otherwise I'd be even more lost and confused than I am now.   ::)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

I should start using a spread sheet.  Hmm...

Valerian

Just make sure you don't accidentally switch two votes around like I did.   :-[
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

Vote changes had me confused at first; I found a pretty good way to deal with that, though I'd be surprised if I got through an entire game with no mistakes.

Valerian

*nods*  I'd like to figure out a better way of handling vote changes, but what I'm doing works all right for now.  I'm trying a new sort of spreadsheet in conjunction with my previous method this time through, so it's bound to need some tweaking.

The sheer number of roles over in VI is an awful thing to deal with, I must say.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

For the vote changes I have some color-coding rules, so if a duplicate voter happens in a round, it changes to a hideous color - then I just go find the previous one and put an "X-" in front of who they voted for, so I can still find the history, but don't end up counting too many votes, and anything with"X-" shows in yellow so I can find the flip-flop people easily.  I spent way to much time on it - haha.

Remiel

I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of who voted for who, but every now and then I'll be thrown completely off guard.   *ponders creating an unnecessarily complicated algorithm*

Trieste

... *hugs her OneNote notebook for GMing Mafia games*

Valerian

I could ponder creating an unnecessarily complicated algorithm... but I would have to stop there, as I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to follow through.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE