Idea/Recruitment, Knosia (Males and Females neaded)

Started by AKunoichi, June 14, 2009, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKunoichi

My first turn on is detailed worlds and cultures so I thought I'd write up some settings and See if I get any interest.

Knosia (No-see-ah*) is a chain of islands located in a tropical sea that resembles a cross between the IndoChinese and Aegean Seas and enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean climate.

The Knosians are a seafaring civilization of Traders, Merchants, Explorers, Philosophers, Conquerors, and Artists renowned all over the ancient world. However there civilization is best known for its ridged gender roles.

Woman can not own a boat, and Men can not own land.
If I woman sets foot on a boat she is a guest under the protection and authority of the captain. And If a man lands his ship in a harbour he is a guest to the ruling lady.

This System evolved over time as the Men would often go on long voyages leaving there wives behind to care for the home.
Now Knosian civilization consists of elaborate estates run by women, supported by fleets run by men.

On Land everything is run in a Feudal Matriarchy with Land owning women competing in a world of romance and Intrigue for the attention of the Men who's fleets they depend on for trade and protection.

On the open Seas a man's worth is determined by the size of his... erm... Boat** With the Captain being the ultimate authority on board his vessel. Knosian Sailors are renowned as the best in the world, Scouring the seas for treasures to bring back to impress the women.

This sort of arrangement has made any sort of monogamous relationship nearly impossible. The Noble houses of Knosia function as sort of a giant combination Tavern/Brothel/Nursery where visiting sailors have sex with the local girls. Any children are raised by the household, Boys usually leave home at a young age and join a ships crew to become a man.

The Social Structure.

On Land,
Noblewomen (land owners)
Distinguished guests (Captains of ships, Have the honour of sleeping with the Hostess)
Freewomen (women who are not slaves but do not own land)
Freemen (Men who are not slaves but do not own there own ship)
Slaves (Male and Female)

On Sea
The Capitan (owner of the ship)
Distinguished guests (Women who are traveling by sea, The captain is responsible for there protection and has total control over her for the duration of the trip)
Freemen (The male Crew of the ship)
Slaves (Male and Female)

*Name Comes from Knosos, an archaeological site left by the Minoan Civilization who were the priamary inspiration for this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knossos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_civilization

**In the Knosian tounge the word for Ship or boat sounds almost exactly like the word for Penis. Similarly the word for Vagina sounds like the word for Palace home or Harbour. Sail my Boat into your Harbour if you catch my drift.

JinZah

sounds interesting, so i'll ask some questions.

first what is the sailing era were looking at? i mean are we talking galleons with a barely usable sail mostly driven by ores, wind powered sailing ships, steam driven paddle wheels (perhaps including the first generation of ironclads, or modern vessels?

second, is there some kind of viking analogous culture out there, where the men are captions, but also raid, capture, and set up coastal settlements? or how about "amazon" captions/ships where the caption or even the entire ships crew are women?

third, will there be pirates or privateers to be played in this game?

rahatngt

Very interesting specially as in the game men/women switches control which makes things very interesting indeed.

AKunoichi

Quote from: JinZah on June 17, 2009, 02:07:39 PM
sounds interesting, so i'll ask some questions.

first what is the sailing era were looking at? i mean are we talking galleons with a barely usable sail mostly driven by ores, wind powered sailing ships, steam driven paddle wheels (perhaps including the first generation of ironclads, or modern vessels?

second, is there some kind of viking analogous culture out there, where the men are captions, but also raid, capture, and set up coastal settlements? or how about "amazon" captions/ships where the caption or even the entire ships crew are women?

third, will there be pirates or privateers to be played in this game?

Ships, are advanced sail powered vessels that resemble a weird cross between ancient Greek galleys and Chinese Junks. I'm a sucker for multiculturalism.
For weapons most ships use Giant crossbows with Cannons being a fancy new technology found on the newer ones.
The overall technology would be something along the lines if Classical Greece had advanced all the way to 1600s tech.

Pirates, are lawless barbarians that attack settlements and prey on civilized vessels. Most Pirates are social outcasts, escaped slaves, or barbarians. The also do not follow the established gender roles, there are even rumors that some of them even have WOMEN CAPTAINS!  :o

As for ships crewed by women,
There are female sailors just like some houses have male guards. However Males on land and females on boats are either Guests or Slaves.

Question Mark

I'm in, fo shure.

Now, let's make a plot.  Did you have anything in mind AK, or did you plan to make one on the fly during the RP?

AKunoichi

No idea, just random musings about a setting.

Perhaps others have an idea for the actual plot?

JinZah

an interesting mix of ships, i'm picturing the galley hull with she "sea shell" mast and sail design, adding a ships wheel, over the tiller both of those ships used. a shallow draft vessel like that would work in a setting like the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or the Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, region (basically any body of water that carries the tittle "Sea") as well as going up a good sized river. you wouldn't want to take it into the open ocean thouth, a gale, or even heavy chop would leave you capsized or swamped.

as for a plot, how about having two large and powerful island nations on the brink of war, and the players are making a list ditch effort to stop it. there would be plenty of people in both nations that would want to see them fail, as the war would further there own ambitions. then also there are the third party nations that would like nothing better than to see these two power houses bleed each other dry so they can grab up the peaces. 

AKunoichi

Quote from: JinZah on June 18, 2009, 03:31:06 PM
an interesting mix of ships, i'm picturing the galley hull with she "sea shell" mast and sail design, adding a ships wheel, over the tiller both of those ships used. a shallow draft vessel like that would work in a setting like the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or the Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, region (basically any body of water that carries the tittle "Sea") as well as going up a good sized river. you wouldn't want to take it into the open ocean thouth, a gale, or even heavy chop would leave you capsized or swamped.

as for a plot, how about having two large and powerful island nations on the brink of war, and the players are making a list ditch effort to stop it. there would be plenty of people in both nations that would want to see them fail, as the war would further there own ambitions. then also there are the third party nations that would like nothing better than to see these two power houses bleed each other dry so they can grab up the peaces.

Hmm politics,

Knosia is a louse confederation of city states ruled by noble houses. On the male side of things, each ship is self governed by its Capitan who usually allies himself with one or more noble houses.

These alliances are built on an exchange of sex (from the women) for treasure (from the men)
The Houses throw wild extravagant Orgys with slaves and wine and all that decadent shit to attract the Fleets who bring in treasures from across the world that pay for said wild parties.

Competition between the houses and there respective fleets is fierce and sometimes boarders on all out war.

JinZah

sounds like fun, if you get this going i'd like to play a caption on a conch (a name i came up with for the ship class because of the shell like sails , feel free to change it). 

AKunoichi

So so far we got a war brewing between two houses for a plot and one Capitan for players.

I might play a Capitan or stay as a sort of GM, voicing random background characters.

Question Mark

I'll be a sailor.  I love boats, and the ocean.

Here are some plot ideas:

• A mutiny occurring with one/several distinguished guests aboard.
  • A plot where one noblewoman hires a Captain and his crew to assassinate a rival noblewoman and her higher-ups
  • A Captain's ship docks in a familiar and friendly estate.  This would be a "Slice Of (fictional) Life" roleplay, but it could lead into a more intricate plot.
  • An encounter with pirates.

Opinions, anyone?  I personally like the second one.

rahatngt

Assassination wouldn't be to my liking. But given that the Captain has full control over the woman on ship, I would assume they would board Captain they favor. Maybe they were tricked into boarding the wrong ship where ... depends on where we want the game.

I'm not sure what I want to play depends on plot and how many player we have. Captain sounds good but I don't think we would have opportunity for many. So I am thinking a slave who's popular with the hostesses.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Question Mark on June 18, 2009, 11:46:03 PM
I'll be a sailor.  I love boats, and the ocean.

Here are some plot ideas:

• A mutiny occurring with one/several distinguished guests aboard.
  • A plot where one noblewoman hires a Captain and his crew to assassinate a rival noblewoman and her higher-ups
  • A Captain's ship docks in a familiar and friendly estate.  This would be a "Slice Of (fictional) Life" roleplay, but it could lead into a more intricate plot.
  • An encounter with pirates.

Opinions, anyone?  I personally like the second one.

I like either 3 or 4.

JinZah

lets start out with 3, use that to help flesh out the setting, establish some characters, and draw interest. once the game is firmed up see where it goes from there.

AKunoichi

All Right, We have a slice of life plot that may expand into a feud between two rival houses in the future.

Characters,

MALE
Capitan - JinZah
Crew members - none yet
Male Slaves - none yet

FEMALE
Head of household - FREE
Noblewomen - none yet
Female slaves - none yet

Question Mark

What are the duties of the slaves on the sea?  Are they treated well or like dirt?  Are slaves just like sailors, except the latter get paid?

Tell me what a day in the life of a (male) ship slave is.

rahatngt

I'm thinking of playing a male slave at the land, female house, if I understand correctly that they are mostly unpaid worker. Definitely lives upon the whim of master but not too much abused I hope, not sure I'm up for playing that.

But yes, I would love to know more what the role of the slaves would be. Also we need female players/role and need to know of their opinions too.

Question Mark

Holy shit.  There are no girls in this thread.

PANIC!

Bloody Paramour

SO what're we playing exactly?
im quite interested....
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

AKunoichi

Quote from: rahatngt on June 19, 2009, 11:52:28 PM
I'm thinking of playing a male slave at the land, female house, if I understand correctly that they are mostly unpaid worker. Definitely lives upon the whim of master but not too much abused I hope, not sure I'm up for playing that.

But yes, I would love to know more what the role of the slaves would be. Also we need female players/role and need to know of their opinions too.

Slaves,
Far from the concept of the rag wearing *WHIP* "WORK HARDER" *WHIP* slave that dominates western fiction. Slaves in Knosia are not usually abused whiped or tied up. Unless of course they are disobedient or try to run away.

Knsians consider slaves to be another way to show off your wealth and importance. A good slave is considered to be a living breathing extension of its masters will (some are even allowed to legally represent there master, delivering messages and running errands in there masters name)
As such Knosians make sure there slaves are well fed and have nice (if skimpy) clothing to wear.

On land Slaves fill every conceivable role. When a Noblewoman wakes up an small army of handmaidens bathe and dress her; She heads down to the dining room where she is waited on by kitchen slaves; Next her Adjutant assists her in the bookkeeping of the household (all those slaves don't feed themselves); After the paperwork she retires to garden (which is maintained by slaves); Enjoying lunch (Borough to her by, you guessed it, MORE SLAVES), Relaxing in the garden she might read poetry, study the arts, enjoy the company of a hawt slaveboy, Or some kinky combination of the three (most likely); That evening her friends (and there slaves) visit for a party; In the party they eat, drink, fuck everything that moves, and most importantly Show off there most exotic slaves.

While some slaves have it better than others, (is better to be a Noblewoman's handmaiden, or sex toy, than a  be Oarsman on a ship or working in the mines) the real problem with slavery is you don't get to choose what you end up doing. However At very least a slave NEVER has to worry about where his next meal will come from. While his master may run across financial troubles and have to sell everything she owns to make ends meet, A slave is guaranteed 3 meals a day buy whoever he ends up working for. (Hungry slaves are considered bad Luck, It you can't feed em, sell em to somebody who can)

*The most important and loyal slave in the household, Acts as a secretary to her Lady and represents her when she is away. Also commands the outher slaves in matters not deserving of the Lady's attention.

AKunoichi

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 20, 2009, 01:02:33 AM
SO what're we playing exactly?
im quite interested....

Basicly decadent noblewomen and adventuring sailors in a setting loosely inspired by ancient Minoan culture, With lots of Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian influences mixed in.

The women live in decadent palaces with slaves orgys and intrigue. The Men live on great ships sailing the seas in search of treasure and adventure.

rahatngt

Would be interesting to play a hostesses sex toy .. wonder what you mean by exotic :)

Silk

Bloody Paramour

Quote from: AK47 on June 20, 2009, 01:13:29 AM
Basicly decadent noblewomen and adventuring sailors in a setting loosely inspired by ancient Minoan culture, With lots of Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian influences mixed in.

The women live in decadent palaces with slaves orgys and intrigue. The Men live on great ships sailing the seas in search of treasure and adventure.

Sounds awesome.

^^ im in.
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

AKunoichi

Quote from: rahatngt on June 20, 2009, 03:20:16 AM
Would be interesting to play a hostesses sex toy .. wonder what you mean by exotic :)

A Barbarian* or foreigner. Possibly a fantasy race. (Catgirls are common)

On Slaves and sex,
If you are a slave, the word no is not in your vocabulary. You have been trained from birth to enjoy whatever happens to you. Its so much easier than having to worry about everything. And Pulling aside a random slave and telling it "Eat me out until I come" is pretty much a Knossian woman's equivalent to watching television.

Masturbation is a lost art.

*the classical definition of barbarian. Someone who is not from here and is thus considered to be less sophisticated. Not necessary some loincloth wearing savage of mighty thews