3rd Ed M&M (Non-Con Human) - 5 players needed - "Heroes Unite, Tonight!"

Started by ArinTalis, July 29, 2016, 01:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArinTalis

Introduction:

The Windwalker strode through the skies, each step across a softly moving breeze, taking her ever closer to her goal. People saw her gray-cloaked form in the skies, and they knew that her soft steps could quickly become tornadoes of justice, hammering crime, or saving lives in equal measure. Under her hood and mask, they could see tufts of blonde hair on occasion, the hint of femininity hidden under specially treated armor with a layer of silvery chainmail. She was a force to be reckoned with, tall, reserved, her piercing blue eyes seemingly cutting to your soul, revealing your sins in the open air. She was feared by the criminal underworld for her ability to appear in an instant, and disappear just as fast. But today, it wasn't the criminal underworld who had to fear her grace and power.

Today, it was her idiot sister.

Isra Skylar appeared in the ladies room of a Starbucks in the heart of Coalton Point on the East Coast of the United States, transforming in an instant from heroine to an average, mild-mannered woman in a yellow sun dress. Coalton Point was, as its name suggested, a former Coal Town whose goods were shipped all over the US, and it had fallen on hard times with the change in the energy market toward renewable energy sources. All sorts of new superheroes were cropping up to try and help with the resurgence of crime, and plenty of crooks were trying to destabilize it. It was a rough town, but if you were a hero, and you made it here, you could make the "job" work anywhere. People with powers had first cropped up thirty years ago around the end of the cold war, and just like in the comic books, good people had stepped forward to protect others while the law of the land caught up to the new reality. And so, state sponsored heroes were just another part of everyday life. Part celebrity and part police officer, trying to keep all the crazies who developed powers in check. Unfortunately for Isra, her sister Maya wasn't too far removed from one of the crazies herself.

Maya Skylar was much less graceful than Isra. She was younger, and you wouldn't know they were related unless you'd met their parents and saw the similarity. She had their mother's dark hair, and their father's dark brown eyes. She was a bit shorter than average, but with a fiercely toned physique through hours of rigorous training. She'd fought every day of her life. The Skylar family as a whole realized that Maya might never develop powers, so they'd wanted her to be ready for anything. Nearly everyone in the Skylar family had developed something, either through magic or training. Maya's power was being ridiculous, and knocking people out with her bare hands who really should have been out of her league. She had developed that weird "ki" stuff that their mother has also figured out, but much later than mom had. It had been around two years ago when Maya finally understood it, shocking everyone. And her control was better than Mom's. A lot better. It was impressive, until Maya decided to become a stunt woman, then a professional wrestler, then she'd somehow ended right back where the rest of the family was as a superhero: but she hadn't bothered with a secret identity, which was a real pain in the ass for everyone involved.

And now this.

Maya had signed an autograph and begged off the well wishes of a few fans as Isra walked up to the table. Why was Maya so damn popular? She couldn't play to a crowd, and she sure as hell couldn't lie worth a damn. She was like the idiot savant of public relations, stumbling through everything in a way that people found entertaining. She was a clown. A badass goddamn clown, and it angered Isra to no end. 

Isra sat down in front of Maya, and didn't waste any time:
"Maya," she asked, "What the hell happened?"

Maya stared at her blankly for a moment.

"Didn't see you walk in."

No one ever did.

"Maya. Kidnapped on duty, disappeared for three days, reappeared unharmed having escaped the clutches of the Midnight Rider, with the identity of the man who hired the Rider, but no Rider, after a 'daring escape'. What. Happened."

Maya blushed fiercely, her fans were gone and she had nothing to hide. They were alone in the booth now.

"Well... uh..." she started, "So, Midnight Rider, world's greatest getaway driver, runs stolen goods from point A to wherever point B is, never gets caught, you know the schtick. Well, I was standing on the hood of Hot Rod's new car...Rider is his nemesis, so Hot Rod gets to make the plan, you know the drill."

Of course, Maya had been the one to pitch the idea. Hot Rod had already told Isra the details of the stupid ass plan. A Maya story always started with some insane stunt that no one in their right mind would consider. Maya continued, withering under Isra's glare.

"And then I leaped at Midnight Rider from Hot Rod's car. And I, uh, well, July Fourth mistimed his energy blast, I think..."

Isra interrupted, "I know that part! The videos all show you getting blown out of the air, going limp, and Rider cutting back to catch you! July Fourth is getting put on probation for nearly killing you!"

Maya's blush intensified. She was whispering now.

"Well... I was knocked out. I rolled with it as best I could, but it was a damn good hit. if Midnight Rider wasn't the best getaway driver in the world, he wouldn't have spotted it happening. I would have landed head first on concrete. He's a thief, not a killer, so he says, so he saved me. But we were on a motorcycle. You can only put someone on a super-modified high-tech motorcycle in so many places while you're driving away from the police at 250 miles an hour. So he... used the zip ties I use on crooks to tie my arms to the handlebars. So then I was...well...in his lap."

Isra twitched. She had an idea of where this was going. It was all going to get a lot dumber, very quickly.

Maya said, "Well, I had some crazy dreams about being tied up by a python who crawled up my pant leg. Then next thing I know, my chin is on his shoulder, and I can feel his... manhood hard against me. I mean, my outfit is basically spandex over panties down there. And the vibrating bike on my backside was stimulating me...and I um... well, I ... it was so good, I bit on his shoulder trying to control myself."

And then it all came together. Isra was amazed at how calm her next words were:

"You had sex with him on the bike."

Maya shook her head rapidly, waving her arms as though to block the oncoming accusation.

"No! No! There was no way! Not enough room. ...but after we got off the bike, he tied me up properly, and um, well..."

Maya was now the same shade of bright red as one of the apples on display near the danishes. Isra pressed her face in her hands. No one was going to be happy about this.

Isra said, "Three days, Maya. Three. Days."

"Well he didn't want to hold me, but we had to make it look real. If his employers found out he'd taken me, they'd use me as a hostage, and he's not that kind of guy. Thief-not-killer, weird honor code, that kind of thing, he'd never do that to someone. If I turned him in, I'd be the woman who slept with the villain right before arresting him! No one would take me seriously again! Look, I recovered the money and we caught his employers! The master thief rides off into the sunset, which everyone expects, everybody wins!"

Isra pressed her face against the smooth Starbucks table.

"And of course, you had an excuse to blow off some steam in private for a few days. You idiot. Say nothing to anyone. I'll let the people who need to know, know. Your reputation is safe. Just... Christ almighty, Maya, I can't believe you did that."

Maya blinked, and nodded slowly. She slowly sat back into her chair as relief cleared up the red in her face, and then cringed forward in pain as the burn from July Fourth's blast came back to her in an instant.

Isra said, "How did you two even... I mean, July accidentally shot you in the back. You can't lay back, and laying forward while he's  working you over could affect the same wounds."

Maya grinned sheepishly.

"My ass is now very familiar with the tables in that safe house."

Concept

This will be a PL10 Mutants and Masterminds game, for up to 5 total heroes of any gender determination, with a focus on story over smut (but hopefully with a healthy amount of smut) up to Non-con, but not Extreme or Perverting Nature Categories (Ex: no Pregnancy or Mpreg) . For more information on the system, see here: http://www.d20herosrd.com

Full Disclosure: This is my first time GMing here, let alone something this ambitious, so try to be patient.

So the idea for this game is simple enough. The focus is on Story over Smut, but that doesn't mean we can't sneak in a healthy amount of smut where possible. ;) Everyone makes a Hero to start. From there, as part of the backstory, explain who your key Allies and Enemies are. At least 2 key allies, and 2 key enemies. From there, things get interesting. The game will be divided into "Issues", much like a comic book run. I'll run the first issue, as this will be our hopefully-someday-legendary superteam of newbie heroes forming. After the first adventure, we'll Round-Robin GM, with the new GM picking one of the characters' Ally and Enemy options to run a plot focusing on that character, with the other players being guest stars in that adventure. The new GM cannot pick their own character to focus on, because what's the fun if you know how your own RP is going to go? Of course, I'll also be the first Round-Robin GM, just so I can give everyone an example of how I think this ought to work. Thus we can have a fresh, dynamic superhero universe where we can all apply the themes to the story that each character brings as we go. This will require a lot of trust on the part of players, because a GMs interpretation of an Ally/Enemy may be different from the players, so I expect players whose characters gain the focus in an Issue through GM ally/enemy choices will make it a point to work with the GM to create expectations for those characters. Beyond that though, keep in mind: you're giving control of your story to a GM, just like normal, and things may not go how you would expect. You create your allies and enemies, but it's up to that Issue's GM to use them after that. I'm going to act as Head GM for this venture, and my word is final in the case of disputes. I'd love to be 100% democratic, but we all know that's not always possible in a good board RP. Hopefully, we have no real disputes, and we can all have a good time!

Kink levels: So lets start with the obvious: My ons and offs go to to some extremes. I like RP with bondage, S&M, (but not actual torture, save the thumbscrews and bamboo shoots for someone else), non-con, and the like. But not every player wants that, and not every player necessarily needs that to have a good time. It also depends on what kind of sexual ons/offs both the characters AND the allies/enemies. If an enemy doesn't like applying a little noncon to their captives, the hero is unlikely to receive any. And if an enemy makes it clear that they're the honorable sort who doesn't do that kind of thing, may stop another enemy from performing it on a hero. This gives us options for allowing people with different opposing kinks to work in the same game without causing too much friction. On the other hand, if one enemy decides to leave to deal with other business, and one twisted villain is left to stand watch, the hero might be at their mercy...

So a lot of different levels of kink are possible in this game, and players need to communicate their desires to the GM of that game. That said however, I tend to focus on Story over Smut - if sexual action of any type happens, I want it to be logical. That doesn't mean I'll avoid it if the possibility comes up and it sounds like fun though. Losing is a good way to get all kinds of kinks satisfied, but so is winning and making demands of the loser. ;) Remember: these are PL 10 Heroes - they're good at what they do, and we should treat them as such. These heroes aren't quite A-listers like Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman (PL 14 and higher). They may be someday, but they haven't gotten there quite yet, and they will make mistakes. Everyone's going to lose at some point, and everyone's going to win (and maybe in the process, EVERYONE will win, if you get my meaning. ;) ) However, remember: story over smut. If sex doesn't suit that point in the story, it's probably not going to happen.

And things could get wild. In the intro story I wrote to give you a feel for the world, one character, Maya Skylar, ended up getting blasted by July Fourth after a Critical Failure, and was saved by Hot Rod's nemesis, The Midnight Rider! After The Rider's escape, he gave Maya a demonstration of his prowess outside of the roadways, sensually dominating her in his safehouse over the course of three days. She probably could have escaped fairly easily, even while injured, and even could have taken The Midnight Rider into custody in the process (spoiler alert: he's a fantastic thief and great at escaping pursuit, but not exactly a fighter). How is Hot Rod going to feel about that? Especially after he agreed to her crazy plan? How is July Fourth going to get out of probation, and deal with his teammates after such a fiasco? And while it ended up being a complete victory for them through sexy means, what kind of fallout could occur in the long run?

On the other hand, the heroes might also have much cleaner victories through skillful maneuvering. Can you imagine instead, if Maya decided that after successfully pulling off her stunt, lucky to be alive, she gave into her baser instincts when Hot Rod offered to let her ride more than the hood of his super-car? Or if the Midnight Rider decided the best way out is through seduction during his questioning? We have, as they say, options here.

Submission Guidelines

I'm not going to take the first 5 characters that I get. I'm going to take the 5 that I think will make for the most interesting stories. I don't expect a full character sheet during the recruitment phase, but I do want something like this:

[b]Character Name: [/b] [float=right][img]Your Character's Portrait[/img][/float]
[b]Hero Name:[/b]
[b]Backstory: [/b]
[b]General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: [/b]
[b]Character Ons/Offs: [/b]
[b]Player Ons/Offs:[b]
[b]Preferred Territory: [/b]
[b]Allies:[/b] [i]1 - Ally Name:[/i] (Explanation of Ally's relationship to Character, Ons/Offs), [i]2 - Ally Name:[/i] (Explanation of Ally's Relationship to Character, Ons/Offs)
[b]Enemies:[/b] [i]1 - Enemy Name:[/i] (Explanation of why this is an enemy, Ons/Offs), [i]2 - Enemy Name:[/i] (Explanation of why this is an enemy, Ons/Offs)
[b]What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of?[/b]

Feel free to add more, especially on allies, enemies and backstory! As for the question "What Kind Of Story Is The Character The Protagonist Of", give plenty of details. After all, a GM needs to create an Issue based on your character's type of story. Are you James Bond, a classical superspy who needs to penetrate the enemy base, and its a good thing you have these heroes tagging along to help you with the national security crisis? Are you Dr. Strange, trying to protect the world from otherworldly horrors of the sort HP Lovecraft would imagine, but it's a good thing you have these other heroes who can fight the Starspawn while you seal away the Elder God? Tell us what kind of hero your character is, and what a good story for that character should feel like!

Preferred Territory is also important: do you hunt the crooks of Chicago? Are you operating on the Astral Plane? Where do YOUR adventures take place, and how does it define your hero?

That said everyone, I look forward to your submissions. I for one will be playing Maya Skylar, because that wandering martial artist didn't get nearly enough action last time I played her. I'll post up her recruitment info in the next day or so.

That said, I eagerly await your responses.

-ArinTalis

Knarfy

Hmmm. Interesting :3

I'm gonna be a little spotty over the next week, but I will see about maybe putting together a submission.
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Birchleaf

I will go ahead and put a word in to watch this thread. Probably resurrect my old mystic type hero with a 'divine' mission.

ShadowFox89

Hrmm... not finished, but here's a basic

Character Name: Celia Watts

Hero Name: Amp

Backstory: Celia Watts is the latest in the line of the Watts family, a dynasty of ingenious and sometimes eccentric inventors who have dabbled in every form of mad science known to man... and a few unknown. The prime example of this being the WattWerks HQ building located near Navy Pier in Chicago, infused with enough strange and wonderful tech to make a science fiction author wet themselves. But that doesn't tell the story of Celia, who has taken to dressing up in a suit of powered armor and calling herself Amp.
Celia discovered her abilities in highschool when working on a science project for the fair, the first incarnation of what would become her companion Jolt. A minor slip with a powerful capacitor that would have normally caused a person to die from painful electrical shock instead served to jumpstart her electrokinesis. This also managed to give her intellect a kickstart, speeding up her reasoning, deduction, and thought speed. Of course, being in a family of mad scientists has it's drawbacks. After all, mad science means never stopping to ask "what's the worst that could happen"? So when her aunt, uncle, and parents decided to test out a space shuttle themselves and vanished in some strange portal, WattWerks was passed to her as the only living member of the family. Now in college, Celia is balancing school, running one of the world's largest technology companies, and being a superhero.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: Celia has some minor electrokinetic ability, she can manipulate the electrical currents in the air and in her body. But beyond that, she can use electricity to amplify her mental power, hence her super-name. She has used this enhanced mental capacity to construct a suit of powered armor capable of boosting her electrokinetic abilties, among other uses.

Character Ons/Offs: Celia obviously loves electric-play, as well as BDSM (preferring to sub)

Player Ons/Offs: Just about anything but guro, scat, and waterplay.

Preferred Territory: Chicago, WattWerks has it's HQ located there

Allies: 1 - Jolt: Jolt is a sentient AI system constructed by Celia to assist her in the usage of her armor and maintaining her day to day activities (like reminding her that sleep is needed at /some/ point) as well as providing companionship at times. , 2 - Dr.Iode: Celia's college professor and confidant, Iode is the voice of reason to her often times crazy plans and inventions.

Enemies: 1 - Ohmega: Ohmega is Celia's second attempt at creating a self-aware AI. The phrase "no good deed" comes in quite handily here, as Ohmega soon after his creation decided that he was to become the ultimate being in the world. Adapting whatever technology he can find into his exo-system, humanity is an evolutionary dead end to him with his  own form being the true path., 2 - Terrorvolt: At one point, Celia had a girlfriend who wanted to get in on the superhero business. Brilliant girl, who specialized in bio-engineering. She decided that Celia wasn't doing enough to fight crime and injected herself with a serum that give her electrokinetic powers similar to Celia's own, then stole a prototype power armor suit. Since then, Terrorvolt has become a sort of anti-hero, merciless to villains but showing no mercy to anyone else who got in her way.

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? Industrial espionage, high society crime, global threats caused by technology in the wrong hands
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ArinTalis

Alright! I can't wait to see everyone's full submissions. I like the ideas I see so far. :D

That said, if it helps, here's my example: Maya Skylar's submission.

------

Character Name:

Hero Name: Maya Skylar

Backstory: Maya Skylar was born to the Skylar family, which included The Skylord (a flying superhero who could throw lightning bolts), and the Mythril Ronin (a female swordmaster who fought crime with a magic blade). Maya herself had no apparent superpowers when she grew up, so no one expected her to do much. Then things got interesting.

Maya never had a plan. She saw a Kung Fu master take out a group of street toughs when she was 8, and wouldn't leave him alone until he taught her everything he knew. (Reginald was always a great teacher!) Afterwards, she started traveling, trying to find whatever she could. Jiu-jitsu, Judo, Boxing, Catch-wrestling, Krav Maga, Taekwando, the better question is what martial arts did Maya forget, than which ones did she learn. As she went along, she ended up getting in a lot of ridiculous fights, including against famed super villains such as "The Midnight Rider", "The Ringmaster", and the legendary master of the death touch: "The Immortal Alexander."

How did Maya continually punch out these ridiculously potent villains? In the process of training, she discovered the mystical arts of ki manipulation, which allows her to perform superhuman feats to match her seemingly impossible martial arts prowess. It may look like she's lifting a building through strength alone, but secretly, it was only possible through the manipulations of her ancient techniques.

She’s 20 years old now, and since she was 18, She has operated as a professional wrestler, an MMA fighter, an occasional stuntwoman, and because Supervillains tend to cause trouble around high profile targets where she's been doing another job, a superheroine.

Maya is quirky, and not particularly good at dealing with people: she's famous because she's hilariously awkward when she's not utterly destroying people, and they enjoy watching her stumble through in the process of beating the crap out of people and then having to deal with the real world crap afterwards in her unique fashion that seems to ignore social niceties. Oh, and the fact that she keeps beating down super villains is also a factor. She generally wears the same gear she wrestled in when she has to be a superhero, "because everyone else does it in a ridiculous outfit... it's tradition!"

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: Maya is, at her core, a martial artist and brawler. She is a hand-to-hand virtuoso, capable of fighting truly potent individuals, some of whom could claim to be demigods, in melee. Her mastery of Ki allows her to move faster, jump higher, punch in high power barrages, and even sense where enemies are around her at all times. However,she’s mostly just a really good fighter with a talent for trash talk.

Character Ons/Offs: In public, she’s a fiercely independent, aggressive warrior. In private, when she doesn’t have to worry about her reputation, she prefers to be dominated by her lovers. She’s open to a variety of positions, but she doesn’t really know her own desires too well: she’s had sex maybe twice (her three day long adventures with The Midnight Rider best being considered one long session) in her life, and has proven oblivious to many of her potential lovers’ advances.

Player Ons/Offs: Listed Here

Preferred Territory: Wandering hero! Since she stopped being a professional wrestler, Maya’s basically wandered across the continental United States and gotten into some kind of trouble wherever she’s gone. She has a talent for ending up in fights with Super Villains with every stop.

Allies:

1 – Isra Skylar “The Windwalker” (Ons: she’s a Bisexual Switch who enjoys S&M) (Offs: Extreme, Tentacles, Non-con, Bestiality, Incest) – Isra is Maya’s older sister, and the eldest of the Skylar family still operating “in the business.” Isra has the ability to teleport vast distances by “walking” in her words, and can also command the air around her. This allows her to do things like launch miniature tornadoes, and create cutting razor winds. Isra is well respected by the hero community, and often finds herself exasperated with Maya’s “utterly ridiculous actions.” But when the chips are down, they’re family first.

2 - Stephen Skylar, “The Nighthawk” – Maya’s older brother, a vigilante known for his utterly ridiculous detective skills, and extreme paranoia. He believes that there’s a conspiracy of villains that has been guiding human development since the dawn of time, and doesn’t really have time for anything other than fighting crime and pursuing his paranoia. However, he may very well be one of the world’s best detectives. He’s also a master of various magics, and able to mimic powers he encounters, making him feared for his ability to adapt to his enemies on the fly. He and Maya don’t get along particularly well, but he’ll pitch in when she’s in a bind.  (Ons: Dominating his lovers, Bondage, humiliation) (Offs: Extreme, Bestiality, Incest)

3 – John Lewis, “The Midnight Rider” – These two shouldn’t have ever even met. Maya can move fast with Ki, but she can’t keep up with an ultra-fast marvel of traditional automotive engineering combined with space-age super-tech, let alone The Midnight Rider’s tricked out motorcycle. But Maya did a stint with the Coaltown Super Squad, and he had to save her life after a tricky stunt gone horribly wrong. While the two are technically enemies, The Midnight Rider is a getaway driver and courier of illegal goods, which factors into the bizarre wuxia-style kung fu shenanigans Maya lives in exactly not at all – and she can count the number of people who’ve saved her from certain death and then given her the sensual experience of a lifetime with precisely one finger. To his credit, John Lewis feels much the same way, so they’ve stayed in touch on unofficial channels. He’s a laid back guy, a charmer, and a technical genius, able to convert seemingly ordinary vehicles into impossibly fast battle-ready getaway cars. His creations are so effective because they’re generally tough enough to withstand the average speedster, and fast enough to evade the average brick, allowing him to often find the sweet spot that lets him escape capture. (Ons: Dom, Straight, Bondage) (Offs: Torture, S&M, Incest, Bestiality)

4 – Reginald Bang, “Interrobang, the Impossible!” – After seeing him clean up a street gang on the streets of Philadelphia when she was 8 years old, Maya followed him insistently until he caved and started teaching her everything he knew. This man, Reggie Bang to his friends, played her old master, and spent the last 10 years teaching her everything he knew, finally helping her unlock her true potential: her fighting spirit and ki. Secretly, he was the cocksure, hard drinking, world saving vigilante known a “Interrobang, the Impossible”! (He always added “The Impossible” himself, and after a few years it stuck.) Having years ago mastered fighting arts that allowed him to fight against entities some would call “literally immortal” and “physically invulnerable”, he’s now in his sixties, and planning on retiring. But not quite yet: he’s still got a few crazy adventures left in him. (Ons: Gay, Dom, Anal) (Offs: Extreme, Non-Con, Incest, Bestiality)

Enemies:

1 - Enemy Name: The Ringmaster – The Traveling Circus of Crime rides across the United States, causing trouble at stops wherever it goes. Part Circus, part crime syndicate, they act as a wholesale smuggling operation with a series of deadly enforcers that … just so happen to keep causing trouble around Maya Skylar as she travels. Their leader is the deadly and debonair “Ringmaster”, who directs his minions in various acrobatics themed combat and crimes. Maya has met the Ringmaster in battles across the US at least three different times, and each time she’s had to punch her way through a small army of ridiculous minions only to find that the Ringmaster had escaped during the struggle, though without whatever prize Maya recovered. He’s a canny villain who works more as a subcontractor to major syndicates than as an actual crimelord. However, he has the respect of villains worldwide as a deadly and canny operator who gets jobs done. (Ons: A cis-gender submissive in the bedroom, after putting on a show, The Ringmaster likes to be dominated. He’s also a fan of bondage. Offs:Extreme, Non-con, Incest)

2 – The Immortal Alexander: The Immortal Alexander likes to say he’s the reincarnation of Alexander the Great, but any thorough investigation reveals that while he’s at least 300 years old, The Immortal Alexander isn’t nearly old enough to be the real Alexander the Great. Often opposed by Interrobang the Impossible, the Immortal Alexander has over 300 years of combat prowess, and he also understands the secrets of both Ki and traditional western Magic. Of all of Maya’s enemies, he is by far the most powerful and ruthless, although she’s yet to actually face him on her own. Last time, she fought alongside Interrobang The Impossible to defeat him, but Interrobang isn’t immortal: he’s made it clear that soon enough, Maya’s going to have to deal with this immortal would-be world conqueror herself. She does not look forward to that day. (Ons: Non-com, Bondage, S&M, Kidnapping. Offs: Dislikes vanilla sex)

3 – July Fourth: This patriotic superhero is known for his American Flag themed outfits and his flashy sparkly blasts. While he’s generally thought of as an upstanding hero, his reputation was deeply tarnished when he accidentally blasted Maya in the back during her stint with the Coaltown Super Squad. He was on track to be a member of one of the larger, more prestigious Super Teams, but his bad shot pushed him back almost to square one. July would love to find a way to get back at Maya for how things played out, but he’s still a hero: he’ll do it without breaking the rules. (Ons: S&M, Humiliation. Offs: Extreme, Bestiality, Incest)

4 – Steel Rose: Maya has made some colorful enemies in the last few years. Steel Rose is a woman in a transforming mechanical suit that enhances her strength and speed, and gives her a variety of weapon options. She was actually one of Maya’s first opponents, as Steel Rose liked hitting multimedia events where Maya worked as either a Wrestler or Stuntwoman in order to get attention. She constantly flirts with Maya, hoping that she’s secretly bi, although Maya hasn’t really gotten the hint. Most fights between the two end in Steel Rose activating her rocket boots and blasting away before she could get captured. Steel Rose is less of a major threat to Maya, and more of a nuisance, but to most everyone else, the woman is a nightmare of rocket pods, machine guns, and super strong power armor. (Ons: she’s a dominant Lesbian, into Bondage. She’s also got a fetish for spandex. Offs: Extreme, Bestiality, Incest. )

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of?: Maya’s story is an Action Comedy with Wuxia and Anime themes, with the occasional diversion into Hong Kong Action or Kung Fu Movie. She generally beats her enemies through superior training and skill rather than brute force. Her antics are generally played for laughs, and the story’s outlook is generally optimistic.

EDIT: ...just put my On/Off thread link into my own On/offs Section...because duh. Why didn't I do that originally? XD

eternaldarkness

Very interesting indeed. I love that you're using M&M 3E, a system that's hard to find on Elliquiy (I prefer it because I know it well and its flexible enough to handle any and every character concept without breaking).

Skynet

Oooooh, a fellow M&M fan and a game to boot! Count me in! :-)

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

Character Name: Gloria Alvarado-Rocha

Hero Name: Solar Flare

Backstory: Gloria was born to a working-class Latino family in Texas. Good friends, caring parents, and a public yet low-key school, she overall led a nice life. But she always held a passion for astronomy, space, and the worlds beyond worlds. Her life changed on the eve of her high school graduation for Texas A&M.

Unfortunately, a rash of alien abductions in the area happened to target Gloria. Finding herself in an honest-to-God spaceship, she felt equal parts panic (at being kidnapped) and excited (the opportunity to meet extraterrestrial life). Still, she recognized the danger she was in and managed to hotwire some security protocols. In one of the rooms she found a mysterious necklace of purest gold, seemingly calling out to her...

Donning the necklace, Gloria understood that she had power, real power, and understanding it as innately as one moves their arms, she manipulated the elements of heat, fire, and light to blow a hole in the mothership and commandeered an escape pod for the kidnapped humans.

Gloria tried to go back to a normal life, trying to forget the events which happened to return to college and study. But time after time, she felt a calling. When a forest fire threatened to overwhelm key grazing lands for cattle, she put a stop to it. When rampaging cyclopes and other mythological beasts tore up a busy intersection, Glora confronted the demented storyteller who put them into this world with her psychic dreaming id. She didn't become a superhero overnight; it was more or less a string of events which made her realize something she was not only good at, but was in her nature to do.

Nowadays Gloria works as a NASA scientist in Houston at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. Access to cutting-edge space technology and comprehensive air traffic gives her a network of knowledge and contacts for superpowered threats and abnormalities in the US and wider world.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: Solar Flare draws her powers from the energy of the sun (and possibly other stars). She can generate and manipulate heat and light rays for a variety of effects, from visual illusions, jets of white-hot flame, heat-propulsion flight (akin to how rockets move), blind foes, or even redirect oxygen and heat to put out fires and melt objects.

Character Ons/Offs: Gloria is a bicurious woman who only recently came to terms with her sexuality. She has had sex a few times with various boyfriends, but prefers to be 'monogamous' even though she's not married. Still, she has found more than a few superheroes and villains attractive and even contemplated dating them (and other things), but worries about prying paparazzi and tabloid news getting in the way of things. For Gloria to discover her wilder side might take an outside push from a more experienced and daring partner.

Player Ons/Offs: My A&Os thread is here.

Preferred Territory: Gloria lives in Houston, Texas, but is more than capable of traveling all across the US and beyond with her super-powered flight. Her fluency in Spanish makes her an asset in Central and South America, where can talk the talk and keep up to date with local and national news reports in respective countries. New NASA prototypes, the Galactic Police, and/or alien invaders might cause Gloria to go to infinity and beyond.

Allies:

1 - Smoking Clover: Although she does not know his real name or face, a white-hat hacktivist by the handle of Smoking Clover is an invaluable source of information and aid. Gloria figures that he's either a government spook or independently wealthy eccentric, as his remote-controlled robots which sometimes accompany her on missions are both expertly-designed and able to withstand the blows of the more powerful supervillains.

2 - Zedja, Galactic Police Officer: This blue-skinned alien woman first met Gloria when an infamous interstellar pair of gangsters tried to take over the Dominican Republic with alien power suits. Although Zedja tends to look down on "primitive Earthlings," Gloria earned her respect with her skill and strong moral fiber.

Enemies:

1 - Blue Brigadier: Amy Abott is a former British SAS officer who developed cold-based mutant powers. Disgusted with the state of the world and the perceived decay of her home government, the Blue Brigadier turned to violent action against institutions she feels are guilty of the "slow downfall of Western civilization." From active soldiers to office employees, she views all of them as being complicit in a greater machine of corruption which can only be destroyed through massive violent force.

Naturally this makes her an enemy of Solar Flare and other people against the harming of civilians and/or her ideology.

2 - Nightlord: The vampiric leader of the Eclipse Cult, the Nightlord seeks to blot out the hated sun and create a world where vampires can rule openly. He comes from old money dating back to medieval noble families, so his organization has key holdings in many business and government institutions around the world.

The Nightlord holds a perverse fascination with Gloria (who he only knows as the Solar Flare), believing that her abilities can help induce "artificial sunlight" to help ease the burden of mortal cattle forced to live in a sunless world. In spite of his polite overtures and chatty banter during their fights, Gloria can't help but find him...charming, at times. The Nightlord dreams of making her his bridge, and Gloria has the occasional guilty fantasy of turning him to the forces of good...and maybe let herself get seduced by him once, if she can get away with it.

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? I'd like to think of Gloria being a sort of silver/modern age game. I don't find the grimness and black and grey morality of Iron Age comics appealing, and while she's more than willing to duke it out, Gloria would prefer not to have to take someone's life. I'd imagine her stories as being akin to Kamela Khan's Ms. Marvel series, of someone juggling superpowered larger-than-life vigilantism with the veil of a mundane life.

Elven Sex Goddess

Character Name:   Claire Sinclair
Hero Name:  Erzilie
Backstory:   Claire Sinclair had attended Tulane college in New Orleans.  A mousy nerdy young woman,  a virgin to be precise.   For the first three and half years attending school she had not once gone into the famous French Quarter of New Orleans.   An not once had she gone and seen Mardi gras.   A proper Catholic girl,  she stays true to resisting the temptations of the flesh and instant gratifications.    She doesn't drink nor smoke or do any sort of drugs.   She even becomes a teachers aide in her senior year.  An by half way in the year she has acquired enough credits to graduate with her degree.   Remaining for the half year in the role as mentioned as teachers aide.   Done with her studies.   The temptations she had resisted for the past three and half years. Is suddenly pushed aside.   

For during Mardi Gras she is invited to go out into the French Quarter by a couple of the other students like her who are teacher aides also.   One of them has a brother with friends coming down for Mardi Gras.   Who attend Ohio State.   Their staying down in the quarter on Bourbon st.    Claire loses her virginity.   As she had been slipped something and is raped by the guys from Ohio st back in their hotel room in a gang bang.   It shatters her world.  She drops from school receiving her diploma without graduation ceremony.   

Shattered and broken this already misfit of a young woman with no sex appeal is put into a shell.   Yet she does not leave New Orleans.    To ashamed to go home from having been  violated as she had been brutalized in the gang bang rape.   She gets a job in one of the second hand book stores in as a clerk and rents a room in the Garden district also.   For the next several months she works at the book store.  Her life is mundane vanilla.    A young woman that is pretty.   Who works with Claire.   Had enough after a while.   For Claire made a pitiful young woman who is broken in so many ways.  Invites Claire to attend a small gathering of Voodoo practitioners.

Finally Claire finds some measure of comfort.   A healing of her mind, body and spirit.  This mousy white girl finds a sense of peace since the brutal event that had forced her into life of pitiable living.

'The Catholic goes to church to speak about God, the vodounist dances in the hounfour to become God.'

An through the dance does Claire awaken a higher power a ancient deity Erzilie.   The goddess of sexual love,  fertility, jewels, protector of women and childern.  Most importantly the goddess of justice and revenge to women and children that have been wronged.   In that moment Claire becomes a avatar of the goddess.   

When the avatar of the goddess manifests.   The beautiful negro woman that is quite buxom and just oozes a sexuality.   A fierce primal strength embodied in a picturesque frame as she is six foot tall,  buxom and curvaceous.  Dark chocolate skin tone, black hair of the night.   Not the mousy brown or the slender frail frame of her normal five and half feet frame.  The best descriptor is a Carnival samba dancer.  From Mardi Gras in New Orleans or Carnival in Rio or Trinidad or any of the Caribbean islands.     

A dark avenger of New Orleans arrives overnight.   Rapists, molesters, abusers begin to find themselves being visited by this avatar.   Brought to justice,  revenge for the wronged.   At first in the possession Claire is obvious to her alter ego self.   That this white woman turns into force of nature as a ebony skin woman.    Yet over the course of time with the two spirits inhabiting the very malleable body of  Claire's.  The two spirits begin to bleed and mingle and begin to share.   

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: Character Sheet

Character Ons/Offs: Only change, is bi-sexual

Player Ons/Offs:  Link

Preferred Territory:   New Orleans, Gulf Mexico inclusive of Caribbean to Brazil. 

Allies:

1 - Ally Name: Margarita Pena, is a Latino descent American who grew up in New Orleans.  She also is a practitioner in the religion of Voodoo. A normal human,  who had studied law and is a lawyer by profession who handles abuse cases and advocates women who have been raped in handling their cases.  She is a best friend to Claire.   When Claire is Erzilie she is a lover.  For Margarita is a lesbian, who is pretty much straight lace when it comes to quirks of on and offs.   

2 - Ally Name: JoJo Trumaine a fifty year old Haitian man.   Who is a low level hero power level who is a mystic as a Haitian Vodou high priest.   Strict male chauvinistic and a touch of sadistic.   Yet he is a faithful follower of the blending of practices that Voudu and Catholicism.  Through his sense of moral compass is such a evil done for the greater good.   He is straight sexuality.

Enemies:

1 - Enemy Name:The Baptist a super vigilante power level 10 who champions the religious intolerance of other religions or variations to what he perceives as the truth.   His abilities are as a brick.   He abhors the Erzilie and is her sworn enemy.  His on and off's is simple abhor anything that suggests a weakness of the flesh.  His will is at a high super level in resisting such temptation. 

2 - Enemy Name: Guy Le'Fiend  he is a mid level power level villain.  However with his criminal organization that runs New Orleans over all with the resources is a super level opponent.     The organization is into drugs,  prostitution, numbers,  and other crimes in the New Orleans area.     Guy himself is a villain gadgeteer.  Who has a complicated relations ship with Claire/Erzilie.    Claire works hard in trying to bring down Guy and his organization both as herself and her alter identity.  However this where the complication comes in.   Guy and Erzilie have off and on been carnal partners.    He is depraved in just about everything except for children.  He will kill any that harm a child.   Perhaps this is what draws the Erzilie to him at times and this complicated relationship of enemy to lover. 

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? The dark noir like quality that New Orleans offers with the cult mysticism from there to throughout the Caribbean and Brazil.  The Erzilie is a super heroine that is about justice and sometimes that justice takes a vigilante tone.   A adult graphic novel.  Her story is not akin to like Peter and a Aunt May.

ShadowFox89

So what you're saying is, Claire being the Elven Sex Goddess :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Skynet

@Elven Sex Goddess: Nice pics and backstory. Like the Avengers, we need a divine entity teaming up with lowly mortals to increase our chances of winning... err, lowly mortals who are super-scientists, wielders of alien artifacts, and mutants. :P

@ArinTalis/GM: Does Maya Skylar count as one of the 5 players? Is she a sixth wheel as a GMPC, or provided just as an example write-up?

ArinTalis

Example Writeup and 6th Wheel. As per the writeup for the rules of this shindig, I'll be GMing the First Issue, as well as the Second Issue that will focus on a specific character from the team. (As Per above stated Rules though: GMs writing an issue cannot make their own character the focus character.) But after that, we'll see some Round-Robin GM action for future issues, so I'll need to play someone then, after all. ;)

Skynet

So, I was editing my post when you were working on a response, so I suppose I will cut-paste my other question here too.

Also, I was thinking that Solar Flare's background might also work for some space adventures. However, I don't have any powers or equipment to help facilitate space travel or adaption. FWIW, I do have Benefit-Security Clearance for NASA stuff.

I'm open to reworking my PC if I need to have space travel/survival as part of equipment or powers, probably by siphoning from Skills & Advantages.

Only time will tell, but given what entries we have so far, we stand a chance of forming an all-women superhero team. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Birchleaf

I am going to make a male character when I get time. So we will have at least one male PC.

ArinTalis

Elven Sex Goddess

Jaded

ArinTalis

We definitely don't have 5 submissions yet, and I'll be choosing 5 from the pool at some point soon... so yes, go ahead and toss in a character. :D

Foxy DeVille

Let's see how this works for ya...

Character Name: Paige Reading
Hero Name: The Librarian
Backstory: Born in Oxford, England, to a pair of academics, Paige Reading was raised with a proper respect for books. As a child she could almost always be found with her nose in some piece of literature. Thanks to having two highly educated parents and growing up in the shadow of the country's oldest university, Paige received a great deal of encouragement and recognition for her intellectual pursuits. While she could have attended Oxford University, Paige decided to gain a bit of life experience and accepted a scholarship at Harvard in the United States.

As she did back home, Paige excelled academically. She was a very focused student and found most of the extra-curricular activities of her fellow students to be juvenile distractions. She left Harvard with master's degrees in English literature and library science.While she considered returning to Oxford and continuing her education, Paige discovered a position was open at the Franklin Public Library, the oldest such institute in the United States. She was intrigued at the chance to work at such a prestigious place and applied, eventually beating out the other applicants and getting the job.

Over the next few years, Paige rose up the ranks of the library. She also wrote articles for literary journals and contributed short stories to various publications. While not a household name, she was quite content in her life. Not long after being named head librarian, a terrible windstorm hit the town. Paige noticed a set of shelves about to fall and barely got a small child out of the way. She ended up buried under books herself and a large copy of the Oxford dictionary knocked her out. When Paige came to, she was in the hospital. The doctors told her the head trauma had tuned her hair white but other than that she would be fine with some rest. Except Paige wasn't fine.

She found that she could know a lot about people simply by looking at them. While this sometimes turned up some troubling facts, she found it quite interesting. And even more bizarre ability was revealed when she was organizing books at the library before it opened. While holding a coping of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland she thought about the title character and founder herself growing like Alice did after consuming the "EAT ME" cake. While this was quite shocking, Paige's analytical mind helped keep her calm and with some experimentation she found she could gain the abilities of any literary character in a book she was touching.

At first Paige wasn't sure the best way to use her newfound talents. But a rash of strange crimes popped up in the area and discovered she was now quite the amateur sleuth. And if a situation became dangerous, she was just one book away from being able to handle it.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: A highly intelligent woman before gaining her powers, Paige can also "read" a person, place, or thing and gain a great deal of information about it. A more spectacular ability is the mimicry of a literary character by touching the book they are in. This is frequently accompanied by a minor transformation to resemble them, such as to be suddenly wearing a cloak and deerstalker cap while channeling Sherlock Holmes.

Character Ons/Offs: Paige has suppressed her sexual urges for years, seeing them as a distraction. As a result she is seems frigid at first but if aroused she becomes a shameless slut. While she is unaware of it right now, she is a masochist, an exhibitionist, and an anal whore. Her massive breasts are a particular focus of her hidden deviant desires.

Player Ons/Offs: Here

Preferred Territory: New England, she works in Franklin, MA, and makes frequent trips to Boston to attend cultural events.

Allies:

1 - Officer Dick O'Malley A local cop who has known Paige for years as he is a frequent visitor to the library. At first it was for his fondness for old pulp detective novels but over the years it has become more of a fondness for Paige. She has helped him out on some cases, which he both enjoys for her company but wonders if he relies too much on her to do the thinking for him. Alone at night, Dick fantasizes about having Paige handcuffed and bent over the hood of his car while he violates her with his nightstick. These thoughts sometimes pop into his head while he's around Paige, making him feel a bit embarrassed. 

2 - Abbie Hoffman: The daughter of hippies and named for the anarchist, Abbie is a free spirit who own a combination secondhand bookstore/head shop. Paige would occasionally stop in to see if Abbie had any interesting books and the two have become unlikely friends. A free spirit, Abbie is very open-minded sexually and thinks the tightly-wound librarian could use a release.

Enemies:

1 - Lucifer: Not the actual Devil, this is some sort of possessing spirit responsible for the Salem witch trials. It recently escaped the old bible it had been imprisoned in and has begun taking over citizens in Salem in order to make the perform all sorts of depraved sexual acts. As it was a former clerk of hers that freed it and became its first victim, Paige feels a responsibility to stop it. 

2 - The Puritan: An unknown individual sick of all the sin in the world, the Puritan has begun a one-man crusade to purify the filth. This is done in a very dangerous and destructive manner. Anything remotely sexual must be eliminated, this includes books. This clearly puts the Puritan at odds with Paige, who takes on the only person more repressed than she is. The Puritan learns to hate her as the sight of the busty booklover stirs certain feelings in him that he loathes.

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? Weird mysteries that require her intellect to unravel and her mimicry powers to deal with.

Jaded

I need to work on her enemies/allies a bit more.  I also may need to clean her up a bit and flesh out her history, but I wanted to get something up.  Admittedly, I am not entirely sure on her powers as it has been awhile since I have created a character, but a magical inventor with a focus on flexibility will be my main focus if I get a chance to create her. :-)

Character Name: Chloe Agaue
Hero Name: Sandstorm
Backstory:

Chloe isn’t from Earth, although she isn’t entirely sure how long she has been here.  She crash landed on Earth in the distant past while in pursuit of an escaped criminal from her world.  She was locked in a stasis chamber as part of a trap laid by the man she was pursuing, and spent centuries in a timeless sleep.  She awoke, much to the surprise of the archaeologists, when the tomb was opened and the ancient machinery disrupted. 

With the aid of one of the archaeologists, a wealthy and attractive young grad student (at the time) by the name of Orinthia Wheeler, she attempted to continue her mission.  Instead she found that her ship was gone except for a few scattered scraps buried in the sand, any that her target had vanished.  The realization that so long had passed was a bit of a shock, the realization that she couldn’t contact her people, let alone go home, even more of one.   So with Orinthia's help she went about settling down on Earth for the long haul.

That she can’t contact her home worries Chloe greatly, but even if she could, she can’t return.  It is partly because the shifting of the multiverse and dimensional pathways over the centuries has left the path uncertain, and partly because it isn’t permitted unless she has her target with her.  So, trapped on Earth, she has taken up the mantle of Sandstorm in an attempt to continue her mission.  With the help of Orinthia, and the recovered computer of her ship, she has determined that her target is still on Earth.  Unfortunately, she has yet to determine anything else about him.  So, to keep her skills honed, and, admittedly, because she enjoys it, she has taken up the mantle of guardian and protector of justice.

Ancient Egypt
Her people may have visited Earth once or twice in the past, she is willing to admit, but she denies any meddling in past civilizations.  If there was any such meddling done, it was surely the fault of the man she was in pursuit of!  Or they just happened to see her people and were that impressed.  Regardless, she claims that her people are wardens and guardians of a massive, ancient, prison that contains criminals of pure evil.  Chloe?  Well, she may be more of a bounty hunter, but all for the greater good!  Also, she prefers the term 'extra-dimensional' over 'extra-terrestrial.'  She didn't come from Mars, after-all. 

Bastet
Bastet, the sentient computer from Chloe’s ship, was damaged in the crash and taken by the inhabitants of Ancient Egypt as a holy relic.  Chloe was able to recover it from a museum, she doesn’t talk about just how she managed that, and installed it into a bio-magical body she created through a long and intense ritual.  The body is effectively a golem given life, but appears fully human.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: It has been awhile since I created a character, so I would need to play around before I was entirely sure.  However she would be a magical artificer/ritualist and a magic user in general.  I would be going for variety and flexibility if I could make it work.     

Character Ons/Offs: Chloe claims to be asexual, ‘beyond’ the baser needs of humans.  The reality is that she is probably a bit more wild, but she isn’t willing to admit it even to herself.

Player Ons/Offs: Most anything non-con or similar.  Multiple partners.  Degradation/humiliation, S&M, etc.

Preferred Territory: Once she has a target, she will pursue them anywhere.  She prefers not to leave the Earth or cross dimensions, but otherwise is quite happy to violate borders and ignore sovereignty if needed.  She lives in California (or elsewhere if needed to be near other characters), but tries to keep that a secret.

Allies:
1 – Orinthia Wheeler: A member of the archaeological team that found Chloe, Orinthia assisted her in getting settled on Earth.  They are still friends, years later, and Orinthia's contacts in the scientific and wealthy communities have proven invaluable.  Orinthia has no powers of her own, but does have a collection of dangerous artifacts that she is not above using if she ever feels threatened. 

Orinthia does not operate as a super-heroine or anything of the sort, but will occasionally aid Chloe out of a sense of loyalty, friendship, attraction, or lust.  (Connected advantage)

Orinthia is bisexual with leanings towards lesbianism.  She has never married, but has had a string of lovers over the years. 

2 - Bastet: Bastet, as Chloe calls her, is all that remains of her spaceship.  The sentient 'computer' core, now placed inside of a bio-magical body.  Bastet, much to Chloe's annoyance, has found herself fascinated with Earth.  She has devoted herself to studying humans, and more specifically, their past.  She claims that it will assist in tracking down their quarry.  (Contacts advantage)

Bastet is curious about just everything, sexual and otherwise.  She usually lives with Orinthia when Chloe is off battling evil, and Chloe strongly suspects that the pair are in a physical relationship.

Enemies:
1 - 'the Target': The Target, the escaped criminal that Chloe is after, goes by too many names for her to list just one.  He has been on Earth, as far as she can tell, since just before she herself arrived.  Unfortunately, he has been active.  He is a nameless shadow pulling strings of corporations and governments, all with the goal of returning to Chloe's homeworld, and breaking open the prison there. 

2 - Scarab: The Scarab is a massive brute of a man twisted by exposure to the core of Chloe's ship.  He had a glimpse of power, of knowledge beyond understanding, and he wants more.  He views Chloe as the one person who can give him what he wants.  The Scarab tends to feel every emotion more intensely than others.  Rage being the main one, but lust is not uncommon. 

3 - Hellspawn: A powerful magic user, Hellspawn has spent his life in pursuit of knowledge.  The darker the better.  He has managed, through luck, skill, or stupidity, to become the ruler of his own little pocket dimension of hell.  It might not be so bad, if he was just sealed away there, but the entire dimension is powered by human emotion, suffering, and misery.  He regularly returns to Earth to kidnap new 'batteries' and playthings.  Chloe has found herself opposing him, as his particular brand of magic is far too similar to that her people have spent their lives containing. 

4 - The Prince: A telepath capable of mind control, and the head of a major corporation, the Prince is a hedonist and sadist of the highest order.  With his ability to control people and shape reality, he has managed to avoid exposure and ensure his success as a businessman.  The entire penthouse suite of his skyscraper is devoted to the pleasures of the flesh, and anyone that opposes his plans either vanishes, or finds themself brainwashed.  Chloe knows all this, but taking him down his an entirely different matter.

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? A bit darker, with a focus on conspiracies.  She is trying to track down a man who doesn't seem to exist except where he occasionally pulls a string.  Something of a drama where people may not know who they can trust, things may not be as they seem, etc.  The Usual Suspects type of thing.  However, with the Scarab (and potentially others) I could see her also just being in a good old fashioned action scene.  A monster of the week as a break from the plot, so to speak.

Old
Character Name: Chloe Agaue
Hero Name: Sandstorm
Backstory:

Chloe isn’t from Earth, although she isn’t entirely sure how long she has been here.  She crash landed on Earth in the distant past while in pursuit of an escaped criminal from her world.  She was trapped in a stasis chamber as part of a trap laid by the man she was pursuing, and spent centuries in a timeless sleep.  She awoke, much to the surprise of the archaeologists, when the tomb was opened and the ancient machinery disrupted. 

Her people may have visited Earth once or twice in the past, she is willing to admit, but she denies any meddling in past civilizations.  If there was any such meddling done, it was surely the fault of the man she was in pursuit of!  Or they just happened to see her people and were that impressed.  Regardless, she claims that her people are wardens and guardians of a massive, ancient, prison that contains criminals of pure evil.  Chloe?  Well, she may be more of a bounty hunter, but all for the greater good!  Also, she prefers the term 'extra-dimensional' over 'extra-terrestrial.'  She didn't come from Mars, after-all. 

Chloe is unable to contact her people, something that worries her greatly.  However, even if she could, she is not permitted to return until she has managed to apprehend the man she is in pursuit of.  A man that she is certain is still out there.  She has taken up the mantle of Sandstorm to continue her mission, though she has shown a remarkable flexibility in who she is willing to assist in capturing.  “I need to keep my skills honed.”  She has explained to anyone that asks why she is meddling in Earth crimes.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: It has been awhile since I created a character, so I would need to play around before I was entirely sure.  However she would be a magical artificer (inventory) and a magic user in general.  I would be going for variety and flexibility if I could make it work.     

Character Ons/Offs: Chloe claims to be asexual, ‘beyond’ the baser needs of humans.  The reality is that she is probably a bit more wild, but she isn’t willing to admit it even to herself.

Player Ons/Offs: Most anything non-con or similar.  Multiple partners.  Degradation/humiliation, S&M, etc.

Preferred Territory: Once she has a target, she will pursue them anywhere.  She prefers not to leave the Earth or cross dimensions, it ‘takes too much effort,’ but otherwise is quite happy to violate borders and ignore sovereignty if needed.  She lives in California, but tries to keep that a secret.

Allies:
1 – Orinthia Wheeler: A member of the archaeological team that found Chloe, Orinthia assisted her in getting settled in this world.  They are still friends, years later, and Orinthia's contacts in the scientific and rich communities have proven invaluable.  Orinthia has no powers of her own, but does have a collection of dangerous artifacts that she is not above using if she ever feels threatened. 

2 - Bastet: Bastet, as Chloe calls her, is all that remains of her spaceship.  The sentient 'computer' core, now placed inside of a bio-mechanical body.  Bastet, much to Chloe's annoyance, has found herself fascinated with Earth.  She has devoted herself to studying humans, and more specifically, their past.  She claims that it will assist in tracking down their quarry.

Enemies:
1 - 'the Target': The Target, the escaped criminal that Chloe is after, goes by too many names for her to list just one.  He has been on Earth, as far as she can tell, since just before she herself arrived.  Unfortunately, he has been active.  He is a nameless shadow pulling strings of corporations and governments, all with the goal of returning to Chloe's homeworld, and breaking open the prison there. 

2 - Scarab: The Scarab is a massive brute of a man twisted by exposure to the core of Chloe's ship.  He had a glimpse of power, of knowledge beyond understanding, and he wants more.  He views Chloe as the one person who can give him what he wants.

3 - Hellspawn: A powerful magic user, Hellspawn has spent his life in pursuit of knowledge.  The darker the better.  He has managed, through luck, skill, or stupidity, to become the ruler of his own little pocket dimension of hell.  It might not be so bad, if he was just sealed away there, but the entire dimension is powered by human emotion, suffering, and misery.  He regularly returns to Earth to kidnap new 'batteries' and playthings.  Chloe has found herself opposing him, as his particular brand of magic is far too similar to that her people have spent their lives containing. 

4 - The Prince: A telepath capable of mind control, and the head of a major corporation, the Prince is a hedonist and sadist of the highest order.  With his ability to control people and shape reality, he has managed to avoid exposure and ensure his success as a businessman.  The entire penthouse suite of his skyscraper is devoted to the pleasures of the flesh, and anyone that opposes his plans either vanishes, or finds themself brainwashed.  Chloe knows all this, but taking him down his an entirely different matter.

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? A bit darker, with a focus on conspiracies.  She is trying to track down a man who doesn't seem to exist except where he occasionally pulls a string.  Something of a drama where people may not know who they can trust, things may not be as they seem, etc.  The Usual Suspects type of thing. 

Birchleaf

Character Name: Alexander/Alexandra Aloysius Alistair
Alexandra

Hero Name: Apprentice of the Watcher.

Backstory: The Alistair twins were left at the door of the Church of St. Longinus in a small northern New England  town by a stunningly beautiful woman dressed only in a ragged sheet one very rainy night. Alexander is irked by this fact, partly because he wishes that he knew his biological mother and father, and partly because it is an annoyingly stereotypical origin. What is certain, though, is that their father was some sort of human magician while their mother was Some sort of supernatural. What became of either of them was to remain a mystery for some time.

The twins were soon adopted by the Alistair family, an older childless couple who took a shine to the albino infants. They were raised in comparative wealth and comfort, doing well in school, going to church, and living quiet idyllic lives.

Gradually their magical powers began to awaken, though, causing some havoc around the town that no one could explain. The twins were thought to be cursed, and were ostracized for awhile a mysterious robed woman showed up on the Alistair's doorstep. Calling herself the Watcher in the Twilight, she took the twin's under her wings, teaching them magic. Abigail proved an able student until she was a little over sixteen, when she decided to  pursue nature magic over the more academic variety, and left the tower to go hang out in the woods communing with nature. Now Alexander is alone the Watcher's Apprentice, and at eighteen lives in her tower with her, learning magic and occasionally hunting monsters.

A few years ago, after a strange magical accident the nature of which is a secret, Alexander was 'cursed(?)' to be able to transform into a female version of himself creatively named Alexandra. He finds this awkward, though is not above using it to his advantage. When he turns female he becomes an exact clone of his sister.

General Powers/Abilities/Skillset: Alexander is a mage who uses a sword. He is low-powered at the moment, but the benefit of being a magician is that you have a massive group of eclectic powers. Like his sister, he is almost certainly a natural user of tantric magic, and having a lot of sex would likely make his magic more powerful. This is only in theory, though. He is a very good arcane researcher, and has a faithful pixie familiar to help him.

When he shifts into his female alter-ego, the nature of his magic changes. He becomes stronger, faster, and tougher, but loses a good number of his spells. The reason for this is embarrassing.

Character Ons/Offs: Alexander seems uninterested in sex at first, and starts out a virgin. Physically. Mentally not so much, due to Lilith's occasional invasion of his dreams. In theory he is straight, although Shayla and Lilith have both complained that he shows more sexual interest in old books than women. When he is, instead, a woman, her attitudes remain largely the same, although she seems bi rather than straight, since mentally he is still attracted to women, but physically she is attracted to men. And women.

Player Ons/Offs: Link.

Preferred Territory: New England, for the most part, although he has been known to adventure elsewhere.

Allies:

1 - Shayla: Alexander's's pixie familiar and constant companion. A tiny winged woman who usually stands about 8 inches (20 centimeters) tall. She is cheerful, mischievous, and somewhat lascivious, although she is strongly stymied by her size. She generally follows any orders that Alexander gives, but if he is not paying attention she has a tendency to molest any especially-good looking women around. She seems to be in love/lust with Alexander/Alexandra, but has not overtly acted on this while he/she is awake. Yet. She is an omnisexual switch who is fond of exhibitionism and teasing people.

2 - The Watcher in the Twilight: A very powerful Magistra Magi of unknown age, she is Alexander's teacher in the ways of magic. Basically a seductive female Dr. Strange, she protects earth from cosmic evils of terrifying power, and is often busy off in some other dimension. Despite her tendency towards very revealing outfits, she is usually quite serious. She is mostly straight, more dominant than not, and is a closet voyeur/exhibitionist.

3 - Abigail Athena Alistair/The Daughter of the Woods: Alexander's twin sister. While he has rejected his nymph heritage, she seems to have embraced it. More or less. For some time she was also the Watcher in the Twilight's apprentice as well, but more recently she has abandoned a formal apprenticeship in favor of hanging out pretty much (or very much) naked in the woods 'being at one with nature'. She is bisexual, and something of a nymphomaniac (inherited from her nymph mother, most likely). She cares little about dom or sub, but her sheer enthusiasm usually overwhelms her sexual partners. She openly lusts after anyone good looking. Then again, she gains magic power through sex, so this may be understandable

4 - John C. Malta/The Hospitaller: A mysterious holy warrior who may be a veteran of the actual First Crusade. He hunts monsters through the night. He says that he is no longer vowed to strict chastity, but as a highly moral holy knight he is not going to be involved in any sex except within the confines of holy matrimony. He likes sex with his wife. Should she exist. There is speculation that he is, in fact, the twin's biological father.

Enemies:

1 - Noctal the Hunger of Clawing Rage: an absolutely brutal murderous beast of a hellhound, this abomination just wants to eat people. And be worshipped by cannibal cults that turn people into flesh-eating ghouls. No matter how many times he is banished, he always comes back. He is not into sex, although some of his cultists can be.

2 - The Lost Inquisitor of Hell: once a devout man of the church, this imperious fellow began taking things too far in hunting evils, until now he is just as bad as said evils. Or perhaps worse. Sometime after being excommunicated he seems to have mostly dropped even the pretext of being on the side of justice. It is possible that the man who was once the Inquisitor is no longer in charge of his body, and some daemonic spirit is in control now. He is mostly straight and likes raping women.

3 - Lilith the Last: A succubus queen who thinks of herself as being actually on the side of freedom, she can move through dreams, leaving beyond very erotic ones. She likes convincing people to give into their darkest sexual desires, with incest, adultery, and breaking vows of chastity being her favorite things. She herself is an extreme omnisexual who will have sex with anything that moves. And some things that do not. While her body is always feminine, Lilith is capable of growing a cock in order to 'make things more interesting', although she only rarely does this even when she is having sex with women. Despite her love of corrupting people, the succubus also seems to yearn for someone who can resist her. Lately she has developed an obsession with Alexander/Alexandra, which the Watcher has done nothing to dissuade since her obsession has prevented her from causing her usual trouble.

4 - Amun the Ancient: A mysterious man in a grinning mask, where he walks, monsters follow. He likes to puppet people. He never has sex himself, but is fond of puppeting people to have sex with each other. Especially people who do not want to have sex with each other.

5 - Elizabeth Darkmind, the Rebel Apprentice: The Watcher in the Twilight's old apprentice, she became drunk with power and rebelled. She is mostly just callous to others, and is an antagonist because she bears Alexander personal resentment for having replaced her. She is rather honorable despite her moral failings and antagonism, far more likely to fight other villains than team up with them, and spends a good bit of time fighting evil on her own. She is a mostly-straight switch, with the Watcher's fondness for voyeurism and exhibitionism. She will sometimes molest men and women, but only if she knows through her magic that they secretly like it. Since they like it, all that protesting does not make it rape, right?

What Kind Of Story Is The Character the Protagonist of? A somewhat Gothic coming-of-age story with strong underlying horror (cosmic and religious) themes focusing on powerful monsters defeated through clever magic and tricks rather than brute force, interspersed with lighter episodes that are more comedic. Sometimes the dark horror and comedy mix to make for some rather surreal scenes. So far all his adventures have ended happily, either through his own intelligence or the Watcher/Hospitaller coming in at the last moment to save him (often from Lilith).

Skynet

One of the things I like about Mutants & Masterminds, and the superhero genre in general, is how you can generate a wide assortment of character origins and concepts who'd otherwise be at home in a fantasy world, cyberpunk near-future, or space-traveling sci-fi for starters.

Then again, I'm noticing an interesting theme of ultrareligious regressives and/or former priests as sample villains in these PC write-ups so far. :P

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Skynet on August 01, 2016, 10:49:40 PM
Then again, I'm noticing an interesting theme of ultrareligious regressives and/or former priests as sample villains in these PC write-ups so far. :P

Possible super-villain team, maybe?  ;D

Guancyto

Making an asexual holy-based priest hero (just for the contrast) would be against the rules, right? =P